Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 01:26:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 320 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] æternity blockchain ∞ AE TOKEN ∞ [PoW & PoS | Oracles | Smart Contracts]  (Read 274571 times)
Dron Pelya

Activity: 1302
Merit: 403

View Profile
March 26, 2017, 10:37:15 AM

So what the problem? Are there any explanation from æternity team??

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Triload

Activity: 297
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 26, 2017, 10:42:24 AM

I doubt one Ethereum lover and hacker edited the sheet, so it is threatening?
human

Activity: 197
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 26, 2017, 11:16:27 AM
Last edit: March 26, 2017, 11:27:37 AM by human

Guys, we thought of doing uncapped, but 3 days only for the first phase of the contribution campaign. This is in order to have more network effects among the users and not to have just a few big ones. Let us know what you think. We are here to discuss a nice, pleasant campaign with you.

3 days for first phase? So you mean the bonus phase, right?
Exactly.

Would like to get feedback from you guys. Here is the link from the contribution campaign ANN:
https://blog.aeternity.com/security-transparency-simplicity-1411fad10974

Originally we thought of doing one longer lasting 'token sale'. To not have a 'cap' was the plan from the beginning. 'Selling out' in 2 minutes, is not a good idea for starting an ecosystem. As many people as possible should be involved from the beginning on. Here is your opportunity to support the development of æternity blockchain.
human

View Profile
March 26, 2017, 11:21:15 AM

Somebody edited the editable old sheet - no real hack. Following is the new one:

I haven't prof ..  I give a ref... If it's joke - i think - bad joke ... It's bounty company ...
thats just old spreadsheet , new sigcsmp spreadsheet https://goo.gl/fbrtIM

hollandvan

Activity: 227

View Profile
March 26, 2017, 11:24:43 AM

Better ignore those trolls, the sheet doesn't mean anything, you know Aeternity's founder is Godfather of Ethereum.   Grin  Ethereum investors feel threat..  Grin

marionmiau

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 26, 2017, 11:26:32 AM

Hello everyone  Smiley

I'm sorry for the inconveniences with the sheet of the bounty campaign.

I guess someone feels not amused about æternity Wink Haters gonna hate.

Happens. Our bounty campaign manager got this: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1V6x99z5yJ1uBhDEpl2LoEicZl5JWQM-Q96tWun6dBhA/edit#gid=1354886662

Meanwhile æternity is busy making progress in the development and further build up a friendly community.

Feel free to join our telegram for example: https://t.me/aeternity

Also: Our website is now available in Spanish, Russian and Chinese http://www.aeternity.com/

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Cheers!

Marion
vdramaliev

Activity: 553
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 26, 2017, 11:30:05 AM

Hello everyone!

Such a long discussion here and I was only gone a few hours! Smiley

Ignore the trolls, the spreadsheet has nothing to do with us. But I have something that does.

We now have æternity's contribution campaign details!

I am looking forward to the avalanche of questions Smiley

Regards,
Vlad

stoyankyosev

Activity: 1

View Profile
March 26, 2017, 12:29:32 PM

Hi AEternity Team!

In your whitepaper you state that you changed your mind about 100% PoS blockchain, although it was in your plans initially. I wasn't able to find explanation about your reasoning on the matter. Can you please elaborate on this ? It seems Vitalik still believes in PoS and there are already some attempts to launch 100% PoS blockhains. Why do you think that a "decentralized 100% PoS" is impossible ?

Best Regards!
human

View Profile
March 26, 2017, 04:06:09 PM

Hi AEternity Team!

In your whitepaper you state that you changed your mind about 100% PoS blockchain, although it was in your plans initially. I wasn't able to find explanation about your reasoning on the matter. Can you please elaborate on this ? It seems Vitalik still believes in PoS and there are already some attempts to launch 100% PoS blockhains. Why do you think that a "decentralized 100% PoS" is impossible ?

Best Regards!

Correct, a pure signature scheme, like 100% PoS without PoW can't be secure in a decentralized environment, this means without any hardcoded checkpoints or authorities to connect to, especially for new users. PoS was suggested as a way to secure a blockchain without mining. In PoS, if somebody is able to collect more then the necessary majority of the 'staking keys' (probably <50%) of any point in the past, after the tokens got sold, he/she will be able to create an alternative version of the blockchain, which seems more 'fit'. In comparison to PoW where remining the whole blockchain from the change would be required, with PoS this would not cost much, as it requires just signing. In æternity PoS is additional to PoW and helps with the governance, via revealing information from the crowd.
gigq

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 26, 2017, 06:45:03 PM

Reading through the white paper now. I do think the idea of verified oracles in the blockchain makes sense. However it looks like there is no reward or incentive for users to become oracles.

For example you have to post aeon to be an oracle, and depending on how far out in the future your answer is you have to use more aeon. If you answer the question you simply get back the aeon you posted so no net gain. If you fail to answer the question or if others (the majority I assume) conflict with you on the answer then your aeon is burned.

Even in the case where you did everything right, you are still locking up your aeon for a potentially significant period of time. I guess I'm just trying to figure out what the incentive is for being an oracle as it seems like it is all downside from the oracle's perspective.
gigq

Activity: 93

View Profile
March 26, 2017, 06:55:41 PM

Hello everyone!

Ignore the trolls, the spreadsheet has nothing to do with us. But I have something that does.

Regards,
Vlad

My only concern with the amounts in the contribution campaign details is the current high value of ETH.

The first round of contributors gets 1000 AE tokens for 1 ETH which seems fine given the total amount of AE is based on the number of contributions so the ratio here doesn't really matter.  But since the second round gets a similar amount (800 AE tokens for 1 ETH) it is going to be kinda crappy if the value of ETH plummets in that span of time.

I actually wish you had just set the value of each AE token on USD given the current bubble we are in with alts and potentially even bitcoin over the next 60 to 120 days.

Another concern is that the campaign is a long one with no cap, if I contribute a significant amount in the first 24 hours I could be screwed over by the campaign becoming very successful in round 2 and the total % of AE I get could be much smaller than I originally thought it would be.

You mentioned the 800 AE per 1 ETH could be less in this post, can you describe what would cause a lesser evaluation in round 2? Would a drop in ETH's price compared to USD do it or maybe a significantly more popular campaign in the first day than expected (so more funds raised than anticipated in round 1)?

Thanks and keep up the good work, really looking forward to this project.
human

View Profile
March 26, 2017, 10:34:51 PM

Hello everyone!

Regards,
Vlad

My only concern with the amounts in the contribution campaign details is the current high value of ETH.

The first round of contributors gets 1000 AE tokens for 1 ETH which seems fine given the total amount of AE is based on the number of contributions so the ratio here doesn't really matter.  But since the second round gets a similar amount (800 AE tokens for 1 ETH) it is going to be kinda crappy if the value of ETH plummets in that span of time.
The first phase (round) starts with 1000 AE + 100 AE launchbonus (first 24h). If the award for early birds is too high, then less people will like to have tokens in phase 2. Hard to make it perfect for everybody. We want to make it simple and transparent though and this is why we chose this model.

I actually wish you had just set the value of each AE token on USD given the current bubble we are in with alts and potentially even bitcoin over the next 60 to 120 days.
We are not dealing with USD at all. In crypto we have quite often bubbles, too. But is it a bubble, or is it not? The time will never be perfect. People are excited about crypto, thats important!

Another concern is that the campaign is a long one with no cap, if I contribute a significant amount in the first 24 hours I could be screwed over by the campaign becoming very successful in round 2 and the total % of AE I get could be much smaller than I originally thought it would be.
I don't believe this is an issue, but instead exactly what everybody should want. To grow the size of the network (people with AE) to as high as possible. With capped tokensales only a few whales profit and the public pays. Somewhere I read today that Melonport had only 150 contributors. This is not good. Let's keep it transparent and simple, with a fair chance for everybody to participate in the construction of the new æternity blockchain.
You mentioned the 800 AE per 1 ETH could be less in this post, can you describe what would cause a lesser evaluation in round 2? Would a drop in ETH's price compared to USD do it or maybe a significantly more popular campaign in the first day than expected (so more funds raised than anticipated in round 1)?

Thanks and keep up the good work, really looking forward to this project.
Thanks, too! And yes, this was one consideration of us.

Please ask Zack about the oracle, ideally in gitter. He knows it best.
autada

Activity: 247

View Profile
March 27, 2017, 02:46:10 AM

Phase 1 — Public “Friends, Family and Real Innovators” Round
Starting on April 3rd, 13:05 GMT and lasting for 3 days [72 hours] until April 6th, 13:05 GMT. During this period, 1 ETH contribution will receive 1000 AE tokens. Anyone can participate!
Launch bonus for phase one: 100 (hundred) AE bonus per 1 ETH send in the first 24h!

1. I am confusing about the blog, so it means we can get 1100(1000+100 bonus) AE tokens in the first 24h, right?

INCUBATION PHASE
There will be 45 days in between phase 1 and phase 2.

SECOND CONTRIBUTION PHASE — EVOLUTION
FOR EARLY ADOPTERS
Start time: 45 days after the completion of phase 1 (target date).
Duration: 3 weeks.

2. so Phase 2 will happen in middle of June, and will end in end of July. So it means the signature and social media campaign will run until July? People need to post 10 per week from now to end of July just hunt for 350000 AE?? Too few. I wanted to join, but I found it is too low according to the new rule.
hollandvan

Activity: 227

View Profile
March 27, 2017, 02:58:20 AM

Starting on April 3rd, 13:05 GMT and lasting for 3 days [72 hours] until April 6th, 13:05 GMT. During this period, 1 ETH contribution will receive 1000 AE tokens. Anyone can participate!
Launch bonus for phase one: 100 (hundred) AE bonus per 1 ETH send in the first 24h!

1. I am confusing about the blog, so it means we can get 1100(1000+100 bonus) AE tokens in the first 24h, right?

INCUBATION PHASE

FOR EARLY ADOPTERS

2. so Phase 2 will happen in middle of June, and will end in end of July. So it means the signature and social media campaign will run until July? People need to post 10 per week from now to end of July just hunt for 350000 AE?? Too few. I wanted to join, but I found it is too low according to the new rule.

I have the same doubt, I care about the campaign still ends on April, like stated in the doc below, or they will extend the campaign to July.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1V6x99z5yJ1uBhDEpl2LoEicZl5JWQM-Q96tWun6dBhA/edit?usp=sharing

human

View Profile
March 27, 2017, 03:03:19 AM

INCUBATION PHASE

FOR EARLY ADOPTERS

I have the same doubt, I care about the campaign still ends on April, like stated in the doc below, or they will extend the campaign to July.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1V6x99z5yJ1uBhDEpl2LoEicZl5JWQM-Q96tWun6dBhA/edit?usp=sharing
Guys, we can increase the bounty for the longer duration. Will be fair. Originally we had aimed for a 6 weeks campaign.
vandres

Activity: 158
Merit: 12

UniFox

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2017, 03:44:27 AM

INCUBATION PHASE

FOR EARLY ADOPTERS

1. Yes, that's what it means.
2. It's up to you. There may be people who sees the work as a piece of cake and finds it as a nice reward. Mostly taking into account the project potential and wants those tokens as a long hold.

autada

Activity: 247

View Profile
March 27, 2017, 03:57:18 AM

INCUBATION PHASE

FOR EARLY ADOPTERS

2. It's up to you. There may be people who sees the work as a piece of cake and finds it as a nice reward. Mostly taking into account the project potential and wants those tokens as a long hold.

People joint because of previous rule, but it seems the new campaign will run until June-July. If the reward can't be increased by the same rate, people may lose interest to join.
vandres

Activity: 158
Merit: 12

UniFox

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2017, 04:13:50 AM

INCUBATION PHASE

FOR EARLY ADOPTERS

People joint because of previous rule, but it seems the new campaign will run until June-July. If the reward can't be increased by the same rate, people may lose interest to join.

æternity it's a very receptive team. I'm sure your opinion will be taken into account.

shire

Activity: 66

* SmartHoldem ICO *

View Profile
March 27, 2017, 04:50:11 AM

I want to joined æternity bounty campaign
thank you dev

coin24

Activity: 36

View Profile
March 27, 2017, 05:02:43 AM

INCUBATION PHASE

FOR EARLY ADOPTERS

So for 1 Ether we will get 1100 (1000+100 Bonus) AE tokens in the first 24h. But what if someone like to buy AE tokens with Bitcoins only? You mention on your website "Fund the wallet with ETH (or view alternatives for contributions with other currencies, such as BTC or fiat)." Will funding the wallet with Bitcoins be similar like funding it with ETH? How many AE tokens+bonus do we get for 1 BTC then?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 320 »
  Print  

Jump to: