Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 01:42:50 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone on here a "professional" coder?  (Read 1075 times)
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
January 22, 2017, 12:47:44 AM

Hey lads, so I'm gonna get this out of the way and I hope it explains what I'm looking for.

I'm a student under 18 right now who's pretty good with I.T related subjects. Anyway, next year (2017) I was accepted into participating in an accelerated I.T class but we don't do any programming/developing until the second semester and I believe all we are going to use is VB.NET. I've tried to learn some languages such as:

* Python
    * HTML
    * C++ (lol didn't get past Hello World)
    * etc

I've used some sites like w3schools, codeacademy, etc but I gave up on those when they weren't exactly teaching what I wanted to know. I have read that big Python book (lost the name of it in my head just now, mind went blank lol) and learned most of the basics of Python but yeah I'd like to get deeper into the languages.

I guess what I'd like to have in the future (personal things in the next 1-2 years would be a good time frame) would be the ability to make things such as bots, tools, programs, etc. Then from there apps for iOS. And then [spoiler]jailbreak Cheesy[/spoiler]

Anyway I was wondering if any of you professionals have any advice? On how you started, or what exactly you did to learn. Would be really cool Smiley

Thanks. - 0x0011.

"One word: Khan."

e.g. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9w9FB6J6euA
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: