Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:30:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to build an BTC Crowdfunding Portal?  (Read 1813 times)
Rockovc (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 01:38:30 PM
Last edit: January 16, 2017, 06:38:58 PM by Rockovc

Hi guys,

I have reached a dead-end in trying to figure out what script these platforms below are using

https://chronobank.io/login
https://fly.wings.ai/#/?signIn=1
https://tokes.incentloyalty.com/ico

They are slightly different from each other, but basically do the same exact thing - and have similar behaviors.

My question is, if I wanted someone to build a platform like this for me, how in the heck would I describe it to them?

i.e is this a bitcoin "web wallet" script, a mini exchange script? or something else. Is it even a "script" at all? Also, what programming languages are relevant here?

I have been told that "bootstrap" is used to build platforms like this, but since I'm not an experienced programmer at this stage - I have no idea what "bootstrap" actually means Cheesy

Would be very appreciative if someone would clear all of this up for me.

Many many thanks

"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
devans

Activity: 528
Merit: 368

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 02:22:30 PM

I only see sign in pages at the links you've shared. That being said, I would not assume that they use any off-the-shelf solution or even share any code at all. Two sites doing similar things does not necessarily mean that they have the same implementation.

Bootstrap is essentially just a collection of prebuilt styles and widgets. None of the examples seem to use it, though. To provide interactivity Chronobank and Incent use jQuery whereas Wings uses Angular. That's just the front end, however, and it is virtually impossible to say what software they use on the back end. In the browser only JavaScript is available. For the back end any suitable language can be used.

Your post is slightly ambiguous: Are you interested in learning how to develop web applications yourself or are you looking to hire a developer?
jaoo

Activity: 3

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 04:37:32 PM

www.builtwith.com
Rockovc (OP)

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 07:20:35 PM

That being said, I would not assume that they use any off-the-shelf solution

This platform/script: https://chronobank.io/login has been used dozens of times

"Off the shelf" maybe not - but, could perhaps be some type of free script that's floating around

Your post is slightly ambiguous: Are you interested in learning how to develop web applications yourself or are you looking to hire a developer?

My question is below

My question is, if I wanted someone to build a platform like this for me, how in the heck would I describe it to them?

i.e is this a bitcoin "web wallet" script, a mini exchange script? or something else. Is it even a "script" at all? Also, what programming languages are relevant here?

Despite the responses I'm still a little confused here

Can someone else offer a more simple explanation, or perhaps just an answer to my question (quoted above)

To quote Albert Einstein "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough."

I can't explain it simply or in a complex way, so still im stuck regardless Cheesy

Anyway, I'd be happy if someone can explain all of this to me (without jargon)

Many thanks

Emerge
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 31, 2016, 02:53:44 AM

Well, Tokes uses Incent's ICO management platfrom while the others use Lisk's?
I'm not really sure though!
coinableS
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1179

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2016, 05:32:09 AM

You could say that you are looking for a user login system that integrates bitcoin payments with it's users.

Rockovc (OP)

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 03:31:18 PM

Brilliant advice man. Especially for someone who isn't familiar with programming languages. Very helpful bro, thanks.

Well, Tokes uses Incent's ICO management platfrom while the others use Lisk's?
I'm not really sure though!

I know Incent are offering out their platform for third party use, but I'd rather go down the route of having my own platform built.

You say that people are using Lisk's platform? This would mean that the script is available somewhere?

BTW please forgive me if these questions are coming across as naive, I'm not a skilled programmer by any stretch of the imagination.

You could say that you are looking for a user login system that integrates bitcoin payments with it's users.

So describing these platforms as Bitcoin web wallets, or mini bitcoin exchanges is a bad idea?

Thanks to everyone who is responding and helping out

This seems like such a simple thing, but it's usually when you go ahead and attempt to build one yourself that you start to see how complex these things really are

Would appreciate further input from anyone who has some actual experience with this

Thanks
Rockovc (OP)

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 04:34:08 PM

Bump! Smiley

Someone must have at least 'some' experience with this?
mombay

Activity: 299
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 11:19:20 AM

He used a bootstrap template and google captcha.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
   Anonymity Guaranteed
   Anonymous and Untraceable
   Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
nemgun

Activity: 882
Merit: 533

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2017, 01:10:01 PM

I think too, especially for chronobank, it is easy to create a login page.
So if you want this, then just ask for a bootstrap template with bitcoin based features. And then you could specify if you want to use blockr or blockchain API for wallets, or, use a bitcoind to generate wallets and a database to manage users and users addresses.
Rockovc (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 12:23:54 PM

I think too, especially for chronobank, it is easy to create a login page.
So if you want this, then just ask for a bootstrap template with bitcoin based features. And then you could specify if you want to use blockr or blockchain API for wallets, or, use a bitcoind to generate wallets and a database to manage users and users addresses.

+1

Finally, someone who actually knows a thing or two about this stuff Smiley

I appreciate your explanation, very simple and easy to follow.

Please check your PM's

Thanks
o0o0
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1021

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 12:25:23 PM

Bump! Smiley

its just bootstrap with the built in modal boxes. you can get one you want similar for $20 on envato theme forest. they have live previews on all for you to check them out.
Rockovc (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 04:19:44 PM

Bump! Smiley

its just bootstrap with the built in modal boxes. you can get one you want similar for $20 on envato theme forest. they have live previews on all for you to check them out.

Thank you.

But what about the actual platform itself? You can login here to see what I'm talking about: https://chronobank.io/

We're attempting to build a similar platform. The only problem is, we have been finding it difficult to explain to our contractors exactly what we want.

I can send $100 in Bitcoin (50% upfront, and 50% upon completion) if someone can assist us in writing up a Job/Build specification for this task

If anyone is willing to offer a hand, just send me a pm

Many thanks
hoop
Legendary

Activity: 1523
Merit: 1001

NOBT - WNOBT your saving bank◕◡◕

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2017, 06:02:44 PM

Bump! Smiley

Thank you.

But what about the actual platform itself? You can login here to see what I'm talking about: https://chronobank.io/

We're attempting to build a similar platform. The only problem is, we have been finding it difficult to explain to our contractors exactly what we want.

I can send $100 in Bitcoin (50% upfront, and 50% upon completion) if someone can assist us in writing up a Job/Build specification for this task

Many thanks

It is easy task just send a site link you wan to your developer and ask him to clone that site.  

██████████  ██████████▄▄
         █████████████  ██████████████▄▄
   ▄███  █████▄                  ▀▀███████▄
  ██████   ▀█████▄          ████     ▀▀█████
 █████        ▀█████▄       ████        █████
 ████            ▀████      ████         ████
 ████         ██▄   ▀█  ██▄ ████         ████
 ████▌        █████▄    ████████        ▐████
 ▐████        ████████    ▀█████        ████▌
  █████       ████ ▀██  █▄   ▀██       █████
   █████      ████      ████▄         █████
    █████▄    ████       ▀█████▄    ▄█████
     ▀█████▄  ████          ▀█████▄   ██▀
       ▀█████▄                 ▀█████
         ▀██████▄▄          ▄▄██████▀
            ▀▀████████  ████████▀▀
                ▀▀████  ████▀▀
Take care of your financial privacy
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
A blockchain loyalty scheme and more
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

███████████████
███          ██████████████████
████████████████████████████████
███                          ███
███             ██           ███
███       ██   ██   ██       ███
███      ██    ██    ██      ███
███       ██  ██    ██       ███
████████████████████████████████

████    ████
       █████████ ████████

████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████
██████████████████ ███████████
██████████████████ ██    █████
██████████████████ ███████████
██████████████████
█████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████

▄█████▄
      ▄█████████
     ████    ███▌
    ███       ██▌
   ▐██ ███  ████
   ▄███████████
  ███████████▀
 ████  ███ ██▌
▐██       ███
▐███    ████
 █████████▀
  ▀█████▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
ANN         Discord
Twitter    Telegram
Nobt-plataform
o0o0
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1021

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 12:24:55 AM
Last edit: January 06, 2017, 12:53:47 AM by o0o0

Bump! Smiley

Thank you.

Many thanks

there is no platform. a playform is an underlying computer system ie windows, linux etc.

its all html at the end of it. since it runs server side you wont know the end language that generates the html code presented to the browser. it will be a mix of html, xml and javascript in the end.

bootstrap is made by twitter and its a collection of javascript, html and css (casscading style sheets) and is known as a front end framework. its goal is to provide predefined elements like tables, layout etc to speed up development be consistent and easy to view modify and expand. a front end is what you can see ie the page.

now the backend frameworks that utilise sql, ruby, php, asp, is what generates or presents to the user the front end view. the source code to this is never delivered to the user in the webpage. they see the result of it but not the code that generates it. these are your server side languages.

hence we cant answer that for you. i can tell you the front end on those pages looks custom made. bootstrap can replicate it but view source on chronobank shows no col-sm divs etc a usual sign of bootstrap.

the backend is whatever you want to achieve the data from databases etc. it could be ruby, angularjs, php, asp or mixes. its not your job to pick the language unless you want a particular one. all languages have benefits and cons.

your brief needs to be
- use this bootstrap theme i purchased
- i want these pages
-- login
--cart system
--content management system for me to control cart, add news etc

you have to define what your page provides, scope for all pages etc.

this is a detailed scoping for serious sites and time consuming. i can answer furrher questions to clarify.

google website design and planning, also google what is a front end framework, what is a backend framework. this is for your benefit as you need to understand what you are trying to do.

Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 06:16:22 AM

Hi guys,

I have reached a dead-end in trying to figure out what script these platforms below are using

https://chronobank.io/login
https://fly.wings.ai/#/?signIn=1
https://tokes.incentloyalty.com/ico
Script is a vague term.Use algorithms or programs instead.Let me break it down.
1.They use their own programs,written in either node,python or PHP.
2.What you exactly want to know ? How the website is built or the project in general ? Most of the projects use C++,Python/ other high level languages.
3.A lot of ICO script sellers in the market.Obviously they're bought by people for potential scams.

Just tell them you want to start an ICO ? Btw, I'm not clear of your intentions.Do you have a project to start an ICO?

I have been told that "bootstrap" is used to build platforms like this, but since I'm not an experienced programmer at this stage - I have no idea what "bootstrap" actually means Cheesy
Bootstrap is a Css based web-design framework.Only web page is designed with that.Not a big deal really.

Emerge
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 07:20:44 AM

They also accept bank deposits and other currencies.. That's not simply Bitcoind (which is deprecated also BTW) theyre most likely using other libraries and APIs or probably even an entire script that interfaces with the daemons
bitspill
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1015

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 05:56:19 AM

https://themeforest.net/item/altair-admin-material-design-uikit-template/12190654

{ BitSpill }
Rockovc (OP)

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 06:32:19 PM

your brief needs to be
- i want these pages
-- login
--cart system
--content management system for me to control cart, add news etc

you have to define what your page provides, scope for all pages etc.

this is a detailed scoping for serious sites and time consuming. i can answer furrher questions to clarify.

This is great and very informative. I found a lot of value in your entire post, but very glad to see you address my question directly in the quote above.

From the standpoint of what we want to do; build an ICO portal. I guess we'd use the following brief

- i want these pages
-- login
--bitcoin web wallet
-- etc

Please let me know. I have also sent you a PM with an offer in there for your assistance

Many thanks

Script is a vague term.Use algorithms or programs instead.Let me break it down.
1.They use their own programs,written in either node,python or PHP.
2.What you exactly want to know ? How the website is built or the project in general ? Most of the projects use C++,Python/ other high level languages.
3.A lot of ICO script sellers in the market.Obviously they're bought by people for potential scams.

Thanks for the info. Very detailed, you obviously know a thing or two about this

I'm sure there are premade ico scripts out there, but we want to build our own custom ICO portal.

You say they use their own programs? That's the thing, if we wanted also wanted to build our own programs, what exactly do I tell my developers?

Most developers out there don't have any experience with bitcoin, so it's very difficult to explain exactly what I need them to build here - without them telling me a website with this type of functionality would cost 20 million dollars Cheesy They aren't aware of Bitcoin, and it's capabilities.

We'd love to hire someone from this forum, who is knowledgeable, to write a brief or 'specification' for this build - we can offer $200 worth of Bitcoin to someone who is able to write a detailed brief/specification for us to give to our developers.

If you are interested, just send me a PM and we'll get to work.

Thanks
BuySomeBitcoins

Activity: 434
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 08:45:01 PM

I am in the same situation as you are, except that I will build my own platform from 0.

For your case, take a look at https://tokenmarket.net/ - they take 5 % off the fundraise, but offer quite a list of services you can take advantage of.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: