Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:17:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 [120] 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 ... 331 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [MOON] Mooncoin 🌙 Proof-of-Work, launched in 2013  (Read 317673 times)
Littlestan

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 08:35:09 PM

The new logo contest poll has now been posted in the #moon_polls channel on the Discord.

Those wishing to submit their logos please do so within 7 days before the deadline is up.
Voting will then occur over 3 days. Please take a few minutes to register with the Discord
ASAP in order to vote. Link here: https://discord.gg/Hhbmdjd

- If you CHOOSE not to vote, you have no recourse... you have ZERO right to complain.

- If you MISS the contest entirely, you have ZERO right to complain as it means you were
not active for 10 days in the Community; only in an extreme case would someone be without
the Internet for such a period of time. The contest will be posted in every single social media
outlet we have available to us.

- If you dislike, hate, or generally disagree with this logo contest, that is fine and your opinion
is valid. The vote will show what the Community wants.

In other words... if all you do is hold MOON and only show your face to complain or bitch about things
rather than join the Community in the many different ways available to you to engage in conversation,
project brainstorming or offer help with your specific talents, then you have ZERO right to complain.

DO SOMETHING. BE ACTIVE. GET INVOLVED. Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
*SORA*

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 09:48:06 PM

Regarding the logo contest:
Discord is great, but why not to post all proposals and accept votes also here? Here, in this ANN + at Discord?

Many people read this thread, it's transparent, you even don't have to be a registered user to read it.
If to vote everything at Discord only, it will be more centralized anyway.

And better to post not only a pic for a logo proposal, but also a short description, its concept, what does it symbolise etc.
It would help people make a good decision and would not affect MOON.

Simply put; because it would be cumbersome as hell.

It's already a requirement to post a short description of a logo submission.

It takes literally 10 seconds to sign up for an account to vote. People will do it and have their voices heard, or they won't.

Have you been onto the Discord at all? Check out the #moon_polls channel wayyy at the top to see the original contest outline.

The new logo contest poll has now been posted in the #moon_polls channel on the Discord.

Those wishing to submit their logos please do so within 7 days before the deadline is up.
Voting will then occur over 3 days. Please take a few minutes to register with the Discord
ASAP in order to vote. Link here: https://discord.gg/Hhbmdjd

- If you CHOOSE not to vote, you have no recourse... you have ZERO right to complain.

I agree with that to Mooncoin_Foundation why not to post all proposals and accept votes also here? Here, in this ANN + at Discord?

Many people read this thread, it's transparent, you even don't have to be a registered user to read it.

Is it that that that that that hard to post the link that uploaded all designs and make a vote here?

It's kind like if we don't register YOUR Discord Channel, that's your problem, and you don't have a right to see the designs & don't have right to vote & don't have a right to complain.

Anyway, I think it is great to see all logos created in public like here.   Grin

Littlestan

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 09:56:15 PM
Last edit: July 09, 2017, 10:10:44 PM by Littlestan

It's OUR Discord channel. It's open for all Mooncoin holders and enthusiasts. No one person owns it; we ALL do.

If you actually think of the process of posting 20+ designs/logos and their descriptions on a forum, and try to integrate a
voting system into it as well, you would quickly realize how convoluted and time consuming that would be. Imagine:

LOGO POST

LOGO POST

Random post; user asking for help, etc.

A person voting

LOGO POST

A person voting

The first person changing their vote by making a new post instead of editing their original post

LOGO POST

A person voting

It would be hundreds of posts to scour over and a logistical nightmare. Seriously; click the link for the Discord (https://discord.gg/Hhbmdjd) and go
there to view and vote unless you can propose a simpler way that is already established.

Incidentally, getting people to sign up for the Discord and get involved isn't a bad thing. Just a
quick look through this ANN from beginning to end should tell you that it was only the few doing anything until
the Discord was formed.
Jasperrr

Activity: 92

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 10:27:30 PM

Regarding the logo contest:
Discord is great, but why not to post all proposals and accept votes also here? Here, in this ANN + at Discord?

And better to post not only a pic for a logo proposal, but also a short description, its concept, what does it symbolise etc.
It would help people make a good decision and would not affect MOON.
That would not work because people would be able to place multiple votes then. Discord is just as transparent and getting in there is a 1 min job. And if a user wanted to vote here, he/she has to sign up as well.

A decentralized vote simply does not work because it cannot be verified.

*SORA*

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 11:07:32 PM

It's OUR Discord channel. It's open for all Mooncoin holders and enthusiasts. No one person owns it; we ALL do.

If you actually think of the process of posting 20+ designs/logos and their descriptions on a forum, and try to integrate a
voting system into it as well, you would quickly realize how convoluted and time consuming that would be. Imagine:

LOGO POST

LOGO POST

A person voting

LOGO POST

A person voting

The first person changing their vote by making a new post instead of editing their original post

LOGO POST

A person voting

It would be hundreds of posts to scour over and a logistical nightmare. Seriously; click the link for the Discord (https://discord.gg/Hhbmdjd) and go
there to view and vote unless you can propose a simpler way that is already established.

Incidentally, getting people to sign up for the Discord and get involved isn't a bad thing. Just a
quick look through this ANN from beginning to end should tell you that it was only the few doing anything until
the Discord was formed.

Ah...IC.

I didn't mean to see the design 1 by 1 here.  I was asking for if that would be hard to upload all designs somewhere with descriptions and post 1 link here to see.

I just don't understand why people can see all designs at Discord but not here...

I thought voting will be placed on top of the messages like...

not like people posting their votes by commenting messages.

People will register Discord account by using email address, right?  So...what would be the difference opening account here by using email address?  Both can create multiple account, right?

I am not disagreeing...just don't understand why Discord must be the only option to see designs / votes, not here.
Littlestan

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 11:25:44 PM

Can you pop onto the Discord for just a second to see the channel for yourself and how it's laid out?
We're not voting on a just one or two things, it will be many submissions.

It should help to show how organized and simple it is. We've disabled commenting in the poll channel,
and only designers can post their submissions. All we have to do is add voting reactions once the deadline
is up and count them once the voting period is over. Simple!

In the case of one logo submission last time, the votes went up 60+ just hours before the voting period was over.
We were able to see via the logs that is was a botnet that submitted all those votes which made removing
them and getting an *accurate* count an easy matter.

Please understand that until you see it for yourself, you can't understand why we are adamant on using
the Discord for all important voting matters until something better comes along.
coinflow
Legendary

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 11:35:42 PM

1. Why does Mooncoin need a new logo at all? I have not read a single really valid reason.
2. Since when has been Discord - or whatever it is called - an official outlet of information for MOON? It seems a group of newbies tries to pull the interest over to that channel. For whatever reason, we don't know.
3. It seems that Discord needs a registration only to read. A no-go, to be accepted as an official source of information.
4. It looks like a small group of MOON-newbies is trying to see a "logo-contest" as what is needed for MOON "to survive". Think about what really can be done for MOON, instead of that logo-kindergarten.

In my opinion the original MOON-logo created by deaconboogie is the one and only logo that is needed, which may be optimized slightly, OK, but not now. Regarding this, I'm of the same opinion as another long-term contributor: agswinner. Other serious long-term supporters have expressed their opinion about this needless logo-rave also. There are really more important things to do, than a new logo.

*SORA*

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 12:00:39 AM

Can you pop onto the Discord for just a second to see the channel for yourself and how it's laid out?

It should help to show how organized and simple it is. We've disabled commenting in the poll channel,
and only designers can post their submissions. All we have to do is add voting reactions once the deadline

In the case of one logo submission last time, the votes went up 60+ just hours before the voting period was over.
We were able to see via the logs that is was a botnet that submitted all those votes which made removing

Please understand that until you see it for yourself, you can't understand why we are adamant on using
the Discord for all important voting matters until something better comes along.

I see Discord works best for the convenience with accuracy.  I got it. 

If that's the decision, then o well.  Just wonder how many % of Mooncoin holders / soon-to-be-Mooncoin-holders are using Discord channel...

It's kinda sad that can't see the designs created, but I will be seeing the winner design when decided.  Wink
Littlestan

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 12:01:35 AM

1. Why does Mooncoin need a new logo at all? I have not read a single really valid reason.
2. Since when has been Discord - or whatever it is called - an official outlet of information for MOON? It seems a group of newbies tries to pull the interest over to that channel. For whatever reason, we don't know.
3. It seems that Discord needs a registration only to read. A no-go, to be accepted as an official source of information.
4. It looks like a small group of MOON-newbies is trying to see a "logo-contest" as what is needed for MOON "to survive". Think about what really can be done for MOON, instead of that logo-kindergarten.

In my opinion the original MOON-logo created by deaconboogie is the one and only logo that is needed, which may be optimized slightly, OK, but not now. Regarding this, I'm of the same opinion as another long-term contributor: agswinner. Other serious long-term supporters have expressed their opinion about this needless logo-rave also. There are really more important things to do, than a new logo.

Whether you are a long term supporter or short term supporter does not matter at all. Your opinion is not weighted on such. Neither
does the amount of MOON you may or may not have. You are the few who keep repeating that you like the logo and don't want change
but don't understand the huge amount of people who already voiced their desire for the original logo contest to even happen.

Here's what I don't understand about you guys... you don't really have a clue how many Mooninites there are on the Discord, yet
you constantly paint the group like there's just a few of us and that we're 'amateurs' or 'newbies'. Are you aware that Evangelo and Barry are
both on the Discord and support this movement? And that they've both been on there since shortly after its conception?

To vote here you also have to sign up with an email. It's the same bloody thing. Join the Discord. Talk with the people there who
are actually doing something. Get a clue.
Littlestan

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 12:02:22 AM

If that's the decision, then o well.  Just wonder how many % of Mooncoin holders / soon-to-be-Mooncoin-holders are using Discord channel...

It's kinda sad that can't see the designs created, but I will be seeing the winner design when decided.  Wink

The same process you went through to sign up for the ANN is the same process you need to get on the Discord and view/vote.

This isn't near the big deal it's being made out to be.
coinflow
Legendary

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 12:05:43 AM

The same process you went through to sign up for the ANN is the same process you need to get on the Discord and view/vote.

This isn't near the big deal it's being made out to be.

If it is not possible to read Discord without registering, it is no valid source of information.

Jasperrr

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 12:07:32 AM

1. We were rocking this yellow logo up to earlier this year:

Then the placeholder blue ellipse came up. A lot of people complained about it looking too simple and not professional enough. So Evangelo, the marketing director at the time, initiated a vote. So in the discord community, a vote was cast and people overwhelmingly agreed on a logo change. The vote was also advertised on this ANN but the owner of the main website has gone rogue. As he made the blue ellipse. This totally killed our momentum and halted a lot of development. So we're trying to get this logo thing over asap now.

2. A group of newbies? Stop the insults man. It is a serious community set up by Zareeth a while back. It has gained a lot of traction and there are many active Mooncoin HODL'ers in there. It's a great breeding place for Mooncoin-related projects and it has been warmly embraced by the main dev Barrystyle and the former marketing director Evangelo. As Moon is decentralized, there is no official. So I would in no way call the discord official, nor this ANN. All I can say is that it is the biggest most active community.

3. Again, not the main source of information. Also, important updates regarding the coin are also posted to the discord's website - which everyone can read - at http://www.moonchan.org. We also post to our Twitter: https://twitter.com/_Mooncoin and our Reddit: http://reddit.com/r/MoonCoin/.

4. This is completely unfounded non-sense. The vote was initiated by the former Marketing Director, embraced by both this ANN and the Discord community. Neither Evangelo nor the members part of the Discord community are 'newbies'. Nor do they see this as 'THE WAY' to let Moon survive. Like I said before, the Discord is a breeding place for creativity. Thanks to the combined efforts of the users in there, we have a agreement with a gaming studio about including Mooncoin in the game's marketplace. A Tibia server is being started that handles payments through Mooncoin. A marketplace for Mooncoin is being set up, where users can open up a store and sell merchandise and other stuff for Mooncoin. We are thoroughly testing the new Algo and Moonlite. So yea, the Discord community is doing a lot of good for this coin.

So please stop the fudding of the Discord channel as you clearly have no idea what you are talking about. Also, if I recall correctly, Agswinner wants the blue ellipse to stay, not the old logo by deaconboogie.
Jasperrr

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 12:09:32 AM

Why not join the Discord server so you can check out the designs?
https://discord.gg/Qx54TMU
coinflow
Legendary

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 12:11:07 AM

Whether you are a long term supporter or short term supporter does not matter at all. Your opinion is not weighted on such. Neither
does the amount of MOON you may or may not have. You are the few who keep repeating that you like the logo and don't want change
but don't understand the huge amount of people who already voiced their desire for the original logo contest to even happen.

Here's what I don't understand about you guys... you don't really have a clue how many Mooninites there are on the Discord, yet
you constantly paint the group like there's just a few of us and that we're 'amateurs' or 'newbies'. Are you aware that Evangelo and Barry are
both on the Discord and support this movement? And that they've both been on there since shortly after its conception?

To vote here you also have to sign up with an email. It's the same bloody thing. Join the Discord. Talk with the people there who

How to get a clue/information without registering? If a registration is needed only to read, it is an irrelevant channel, because the broad public won't read it anyway.

coinflow
Legendary

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 12:12:01 AM

Why "join" only to read/see?

Littlestan

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 12:13:35 AM

How to get a clue/information without registering? If a registration is needed only to read, it is an irrelevant channel, because the broad public won't read it anyway.

So you can communicate in open and flowing discussion. Do you know what Discord is? Hundreds of people are already signed up there,
there's literally no reason why you or anyone else can't do the same.
Jasperrr

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 12:14:36 AM

You don't have to just read/see, you can post as well.
Littlestan

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 12:16:10 AM

The 'broad public' isn't what the channel is for; it's for active Mooncoin holders and enthusiasts. Only a few thousand of us! So not so bad after all.
coinflow
Legendary

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 12:17:43 AM

That is not the question.
The question is, why should one register only to read?

Bitcointalk works well, even polls are possible.

Littlestan

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 12:19:58 AM

That is not the question.
The question is, why should one register only to read?

Bitcointalk works well, even polls are possible.

You'd like to open a couple dozen item voting poll on an open forum where nobody needs to register to vote?

How exactly do you think that will go? Why exactly are you so determined to not click a Discord link and take 10 seconds
to see for yourself?
Pages: « 1 ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 [120] 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 ... 331 »
  Print  

Jump to: