Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:56:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 [143] 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 ... 331 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [MOON] Mooncoin 🌙 Proof-of-Work, launched in 2013  (Read 317670 times)
Flaritos

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 07:21:43 PM

Now, one of the projects that I'm working on is an Electron wallet that allows us more freedom regarding design; than QT wallets.

Thanks to tdinan1, we now have a mock-up design for the wallet. This is the first sketch and it is still being worked on but we would love to get your feedback. This would help us a lot with tuning the skin to everyone's liking. Also, in the future, a skin system will be implanted so you can easily add/update/change skins. The first release will, however, come with just a basic skin set.

https://i.imgur.com/MTY4HqZ.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/4EWfjnY.jpg

Flaritos, can you give some feedback please!  Grin

And midmir, quit starting fights and insulting people please. Just stop all the bickering.

I do enjoy the looks of that wallet. Much better than current. This emphasizes my point about a board - irrelevant if people can be transparent and commit to advancement of Mooncoin. No need for angsty arguments over who is right and wrong, just work!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
midmir

Activity: 159
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 07:23:28 PM

So...officially you guys are splitting up to 2 different groups or...?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2067635.0

woa...

Good afternoon from Greece. Well, Mooncoin is a cryptocurrency with 2 official sites and 2 communities in Bitcointalk. We also saw this.  Smiley

Yes, the desire of some ppl to be in control of project which they do not started and do not understand is so strong  Smiley

Do you have any ongoing projects related to Mooncoin that the community should know about? All I see is bickering from both sides but no one demonstrates proof that projects are on going and actual progress being made. Only thing visible is a redundant argument about a logo.

I personally work on 2 Mooncoin based projects at the moment. Not ready to be announced yet. What about you newbie?

"Newbie" - you do not know me Midmir. I do not oppose you so do not try to belittle me for such a reason as having a new account on this forum. That means nothing. I have seen from previous posts that you employ an aggressive manner when dealing with discrepancies, be mature. I will say that I do oppose the creation of a board, I think that is utterly meaningless to the advancement of this coin. However, when every person is very hush about what "projects" they are working on, it creates sheer doubt. Also, lack of dev posts is very unsettling. I have seen from the Discord this AM that he stated "I may/may not have a public version of mooncoin 0.13 trial ready". Why is it that he only makes one mystique post? Why not provide consistent updates? Those are the questions that I wonder about, not something as trivial as a logo.

Do not catch at single word. It was not an insult attempt. I am aware that most of the newbies here are not actually new users.
I am not against anyone here. The reason sometimes I am talking emotionally is when the founding principles of Bitcoin and its derivatives like Mooncoin are purposefully undermined.

The logo is really trivial but the way it was enforced, same as the board, new "official" website, community relocation and so on is not ok.

I am glad that you are against creation of board.

I can't talk instead of the main dev Barrysty1e but we are very grateful for his contributions so far.
polemarhos888

Activity: 499
Merit: 250

To The Moon !

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 07:27:36 PM

Now, one of the projects that I'm working on is an Electron wallet that allows us more freedom regarding design; than QT wallets.

Thanks to tdinan1, we now have a mock-up design for the wallet. This is the first sketch and it is still being worked on but we would love to get your feedback. This would help us a lot with tuning the skin to everyone's liking. Also, in the future, a skin system will be implanted so you can easily add/update/change skins. The first release will, however, come with just a basic skin set.

And midmir, quit starting fights and insulting people please. Just stop all the bickering.

I like much more the second edition with blue background.

Flaritos

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 07:28:19 PM

woa...

Good afternoon from Greece. Well, Mooncoin is a cryptocurrency with 2 official sites and 2 communities in Bitcointalk. We also saw this.  Smiley

Yes, the desire of some ppl to be in control of project which they do not started and do not understand is so strong  Smiley

Do you have any ongoing projects related to Mooncoin that the community should know about? All I see is bickering from both sides but no one demonstrates proof that projects are on going and actual progress being made. Only thing visible is a redundant argument about a logo.

I personally work on 2 Mooncoin based projects at the moment. Not ready to be announced yet. What about you newbie?

"Newbie" - you do not know me Midmir. I do not oppose you so do not try to belittle me for such a reason as having a new account on this forum. That means nothing. I have seen from previous posts that you employ an aggressive manner when dealing with discrepancies, be mature. I will say that I do oppose the creation of a board, I think that is utterly meaningless to the advancement of this coin. However, when every person is very hush about what "projects" they are working on, it creates sheer doubt. Also, lack of dev posts is very unsettling. I have seen from the Discord this AM that he stated "I may/may not have a public version of mooncoin 0.13 trial ready". Why is it that he only makes one mystique post? Why not provide consistent updates? Those are the questions that I wonder about, not something as trivial as a logo.

Do not catch at single word. It was not an insult attempt. I am aware that most of the newbies here are not actually new users.
I am not against anyone here. The reason sometimes I am talking emotionally is when the founding principles of Bitcoin and its derivatives like Mooncoin are purposefully undermined.

The logo is really trivial but the way it was enforced, same as the board, new "official" website, community relocation and so on is not ok.

I can't talk instead of the main dev Barrysty1e but we are very grateful for his contributions so far.

Ok, glad we are we clear. Everyone wants progress, that is a fact. I think if we could merge the two separate sources of Mooncoin community, it would be beneficial. Perhaps a Slack for all to join? Just a thought. I do not oppose the creation of a second website as whoever has made the original has ceased to update and refresh information, as well as aesthetic appearance. In your mind, what do you think should be done ASAP to progress this coin? We have been stagnant for far too long.
Jasperrr

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 07:29:13 PM

The logo was never enforced man, there was a proper vote. Advertised here and on the discord. Probably wasn't a much better way to do it. It won a majority vote and barrysty1e embraced the new logo.
Jasperrr

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 07:30:05 PM

I like much more the second edition with blue background.
Thanks! I'm gonna include both of them, as skins. But if there are general things about the structure that you think can be improved, feel free to say so!
midmir

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 07:40:24 PM

woa...

Good afternoon from Greece. Well, Mooncoin is a cryptocurrency with 2 official sites and 2 communities in Bitcointalk. We also saw this.  Smiley

Yes, the desire of some ppl to be in control of project which they do not started and do not understand is so strong  Smiley

Ok, glad we are we clear. Everyone wants progress, that is a fact. I think if we could merge the two separate sources of Mooncoin community, it would be beneficial. Perhaps a Slack for all to join? Just a thought. I do not oppose the creation of a second website as whoever has made the original has ceased to update and refresh information, as well as aesthetic appearance. In your mind, what do you think should be done ASAP to progress this coin? We have been stagnant for far too long.

Thank you for asking. As I stated before instead of new exchanges I think we should take the Dogecoin approach - real generosity and real economy behind in terms of more and more services which accept Mooncoin.

As of the technical aspect I believe we do not need to implement masternodes and cpu mining algo. We need new retargeting algorithm though.

I really like the idea of MoonWord.

Mooncoin need to be embraced by the Asian markets/users. That is why we want to keep the current blue moon logo. We need to be united and with no vertical hierarchy in order to do so.

Unicode ticker:
☽   &# 9789   &# 263D       FIRST QUARTER MOON

Thank you,

Jasperrr

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 07:55:22 PM

As of the technical aspect I believe we do not need to implement masternodes and cpu mining algo. We need new retargeting algorithm though.
A different algo implementation is crucial for the survival of mooncoin. The current coin supply is so large, that large transactions (just millions) currently already take 8+ hours. And now we don't even have that many transactions. This will cripple our network in the future.

Mooncoin need to be embraced by the Asian markets/users. That is why we want to keep the current blue moon logo. We need to be united and with no hierarchy in order to do so.

Unicode ticker:

Thank you,

The blue ellipse is the old logo. The current logo is:
midmir

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 08:12:44 PM

A different algo implementation is crucial for the survival of mooncoin. The current coin supply is so large, that large transactions (just millions) currently already take 8+ hours. And now we don't even have that many transactions. This will cripple our network in the future.

Mooncoin need to be embraced by the Asian markets/users. That is why we want to keep the current blue moon logo. We need to be united and with no hierarchy in order to do so.

Unicode ticker:

Thank you,

Jasperrr Jasperrr, this is the retargeting algo I am talking about and also have nothing to do with the coin supply.

It is not the current logo and it was competing with the macdonalds logo which makes the entire contest farce.
You can see the current logo in the OP post.
Mooncoin_Foundation (OP)

Activity: 1022
Merit: 550

Mooncoin at Bitcointalk

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2017, 08:48:21 PM
Last edit: August 05, 2017, 10:52:07 PM by Mooncoin_Foundation

Not to split the community,
only things which have a good consensus should be accepted. It's quite simple and it works.
People always agreed with good things that were proposed in 2014-2017.
No one minded MoonWord, no one minded low inflation with gradual reduce,
no one minded freezing not legitimate Cryptsy addresses,
no one minded updating the Mooncoin wallet
to the latest Litecoin codebase.
Also no one minded a blue moon logo when it was proposed, it had a good consensus at that time,
was supported by the marketing expert Evangelo  (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1733963.msg18226878#msg18226878)
and by several designers, that's why I've added it to the OP.
Later the consensus about the blue moon logo changed, but the changed consensus was not good and full enough to update an OP.

A lot of people minded a new logo proposal, so it had no good consensus and implementing of it
led to splitting the community and this split led to the price going from 4-5 Sat to 1-2 Sat.
The approach should be simple: just don't implement things which have no good consensus,
it will affect the coin anyway.

And what happened? After the fighting about a logo, newcomers thought that old members just wanted to control the coin,
which is absolutely not true. As I've said, I can stop posting in this thread and can even give credentials of my account to a new team, if I see that they act wisely, fair, and don't destroy the project (even if they have good intentions).
It takes a lot of time for me to answer posts and especially a lot of PMs I'm receiving, so I'd be only glad to deliver this duty to someone else (but then I should be sure that it will not affect MOON).

Mooncoin_Foundation (OP)

Activity: 1022
Merit: 550

Mooncoin at Bitcointalk

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2017, 09:25:03 PM
Last edit: August 06, 2017, 12:33:19 AM by Mooncoin_Foundation

If to impose centralised decisions to a decentralised project,
it simply doesn't work. Let's say old members want to impose their own decision,
you see, people can create a new forum, a new website etc.
However, people can create also a new Discord channel etc.
And now imagine that this is happening to the network itself.
Then it will be 2 coins. Is it good? No.

The only way to go and be successful is to find a consensus,
without it there will be only conficts and nothing good for the coin.
Yes, to find a consensus is more difficult than just to try to impose a decision. It's a challenge.
A good consensus leads to the price rising and to good things happening to Mooncoin.

Wise people understand it and don't fight with each other.
However, if people just discuss the future of MOON and say about the importance of decentralisation, it's not pure fighting,
it's an important topic and the future of Mooncoin (and its price) will depend on how well the community understands the idea.

Edit: Also if you want to see the price rising, there is one thing which maybe you will laugh at, anyway,
sometimes a coin implements good tech, is actively being promoted, listed at big exchanges, but has a low market cap which doesn't rise. And you don't understand why, it simply doesn't rise and that's all. In my opinion, each coin has its own soul and something like karma derived from its community, how people act, talk, think, it's not only a technology itself or promoting which makes a coin rise. I don't say that a technology is not important, we all know it's in progress, just not all people have enough tech skills to contribute to a technology itself, meanwhile the whole community forms coin's soul.

HHWlife

Activity: 97

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 09:33:48 PM

Hey ostsee77!,

As far as pricing goes... I'm not really concerned with it. I know this sounds counter-intuitive,
but my reasoning is that once we have practical, usable features (MoonEdu, SmartLikes, etc.) to
offer the public and businesses, built on top of a solid, properly functioning Core and wallet, then the
price will rise up and, even better, *stay* up! Smiley

I can assure you that there are many of us Mooninites working, working, working to make all this actually happen,
including our essential dev barrysty1e.

If ANYONE here has any assets, talents or abilities they can offer Mooncoin (programming skill, marketing skill or resources,
interest in donating to hasten and ensure progress, etc) please feel free to contact me or any Admin or Moderator
in the Discord as there's sure to be something we can involve you in!

good to hear mooninites r working hard to make things happen. moonedu is my favorite.  
thanks for focusing more on substance like technology (core and wallet, moonedu, etc.) and less on form like gossip and trivialities.

Flaritos

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 09:35:58 PM

woa...

Good afternoon from Greece. Well, Mooncoin is a cryptocurrency with 2 official sites and 2 communities in Bitcointalk. We also saw this.  Smiley

Yes, the desire of some ppl to be in control of project which they do not started and do not understand is so strong  Smiley

Thank you for asking. As I stated before instead of new exchanges I think we should take the Dogecoin approach - real generosity and real economy behind in terms of more and more services which accept Mooncoin.

Mooncoin need to be embraced by the Asian markets/users. That is why we want to keep the current blue moon logo. We need to be united and with no vertical hierarchy in order to do so.

Unicode ticker:

Thank you,

I concur with the Dogecoin approach. But also believe it is imperative to get onto other exchanges (Bittrex, Polo, Asia). Regarding algo, James hopefully is correct in saying that he has a 0.13 trial version almost ready. This is crucial to Mooncoin progress. I also have wondered if we should hire some additional developers to assist James? I do not want James to be overloaded and feel the need to take a step back. But if he is committed to progressing in a reasonable timeframe, I support him. We should make active steps to infiltrate the Asian market. Logo does not bother me, use whatever logo you see fit. At the end of the day, a user buying Mooncoin, is buying Mooncoin, regardless of logo.
Jasperrr

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 09:37:57 PM

Unicode ticker:

Thank you,

Jasperrr Jasperrr, this is the retargeting algo I am talking about and also have nothing to do with the coin supply.

It is not the current logo and it was competing with the macdonalds logo which makes the entire contest farce.
You can see the current logo in the OP post.
It does, the current algorithm is simply not equipped for the huge coin supply; even with adjusted retargetting.

No, there was a previous vote between all possible logos and it won there. Then a revote got held and as far as I know, the current one was the only logo entered and thus won by default. I don't know where the mcdonalds logo came from, as far as I remember someone posted that to mock Larrimar's design skills.

The new logo is embraced by the main developer and added it in the new wallet which is soon to be released:
Jasperrr

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 09:41:10 PM

I concur with the Dogecoin approach. But also believe it is imperative to get onto other exchanges (Bittrex, Polo, Asia). Regarding algo, James hopefully is correct in saying that he has a 0.13 trial version almost ready. This is crucial to Mooncoin progress. I also have wondered if we should hire some additional developers to assist James? I do not want James to be overloaded and feel the need to take a step back. But if he is committed to progressing in a reasonable timeframe, I support him. We should make active steps to infiltrate the Asian market. Logo does not bother me, use whatever logo you see fit. At the end of the day, a user buying Mooncoin, is buying Mooncoin, regardless of logo.
Yes, we definitely could use some more exchanges. We've already tried Bittrex but are yet to be accepted. I personally do think it's wise to first release more features/products before trying to move to big exchanges. Otherwise, we could get a temporary spike just to fall back down.

And we could definitely use some assistance for James. One C++ developer has already volunteered to help out assisting on the core and even more would only be better. So if anyone else that is knowledgeable in blockchain programming; wants to join, you are more than welcome.
Flaritos

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 09:53:58 PM

Yes, we definitely could use some more exchanges. We've already tried Bittrex but are yet to be accepted. I personally do think it's wise to first release more features/products before trying to move to big exchanges. Otherwise, we could get a temporary spike just to fall back down.

And we could definitely use some assistance for James. One C++ developer has already volunteered to help out assisting on the core and even more would only be better. So if anyone else that is knowledgeable in blockchain programming; wants to join, you are more than welcome.

I can see Mooncoin was made currency of Future Scouts. This needs more exposure, I can not see this anywhere other than this forum. Exposure is crucial to success, something Mooncoin is not doing well. I can also see from previous posts that a casino utilizing Mooncoin was in development, where is that? We must get on top of all aspects - exposure, development, projects. Let us cease the drama completely. Everybody will always disagree with something. We ALL want Mooncoin to propel into higher satoshi range. I will send a PM to James today. We are all ready to succeed, it's been enough waiting.
midmir

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 10:11:01 PM

woa...

Unicode ticker:

Thank you,

The logo often makes first impression. As we know the moon is big thing in Asia. The chinnese calendar is based on the moon phases. And this M logo simply does not comply.

The big exchanges are all aware of Mooncoin. They will add it without we asking once the volume on the current exchanges grow. This will happen when the demand rise. It will rise if not based as currently only on trade speculations but when there are real cases when Mooncoin can be used.

@Jasperrr, the slow transactions have nothing to do with the mining algo but as I initially stated - the retargeting algo.
Do not feel obliged to always contrary replay me.

Mooncoin_Foundation said it more than clear above: "However, if people just discuss the future of MOON and say about the importance of decentralisation, it's not pure fighting,
it's an important topic and the future of Mooncoin (and its price) will depend on how well the community understands the idea. "

We do not need any corporate entity behind and any VC money. There are other types of projects which go this way.
You can consider those as private cryptocurrencies, not much different from the fiat.
Mooncoin simply is not one of them.
Same as crypto world don't have only POW consensus algo but also POS, dPOW etc.

You do not need to form vertical (pyramidal) structures in order to help Mooncoin further grow and development.
We don't need titles, we need good consensus and flat, decentralized structure.

Flaritos

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 10:15:08 PM

woa...

Unicode ticker:

Thank you,

The logo often makes first impression. As we know the moon is big thing in Asia. The chinnese calendar is based on the moon phases. And this M logo simply does not comply.

The big exchanges are all aware of Mooncoin. They will add it without we asking once the volume on the current exchanges grow. This will happen when the demand rise. It will rise if not based as currently only on trade speculations but when there are real cases when Mooncoin can be used.

@Jasperrr, the slow transactions have nothing to do with the mining algo but as I initially stated - the retargeting algo.
Do not feel obliged to always contrary replay me.

Mooncoin_Foundation said it more than clear above: "However, if people just discuss the future of MOON and say about the importance of decentralisation, it's not pure fighting,
it's an important topic and the future of Mooncoin (and its price) will depend on how well the community understands the idea. "

We do not need any corporate entity behind and any VC money. There are other types of projects which go this way.
You can consider those as private cryptocurrencies, not much different from the fiat.
Mooncoin simply is not one of them.
Same as crypto world don't have only POW consensus algo but also POS, dPOW etc.

You do not need to form vertical (pyramidal) structures in order to help Mooncoin further grow and development.
We don't need titles, we need good consensus and flat, decentralized structure.

Ok, so I see that we must get in contact with Asian markets ASAP. Could lead to decent price increase. These projects related to Moon you say are in development - how far along are they? We could use some good new projects that could help advance Mooncoin. Other than that, it seems we must wait for James to become active again and begin updating. I still have faith in the community, albeit for now. We must stand as one, preach progress, not division. Put aside trivial issues of the past, onwards.
Jasperrr

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 10:20:16 PM

I can see Mooncoin was made currency of Future Scouts. This needs more exposure, I can not see this anywhere other than this forum. Exposure is crucial to success, something Mooncoin is not doing well. I can also see from previous posts that a casino utilizing Mooncoin was in development, where is that? We must get on top of all aspects - exposure, development, projects. Let us cease the drama completely. Everybody will always disagree with something. We ALL want Mooncoin to propel into higher satoshi range. I will send a PM to James today. We are all ready to succeed, it's been enough waiting.
Yep that is correct, we wanted to wait with posting it on Mooncoin.eco and Moonchan until future scouts themselves have released the news.

There was and is indeed a casino in development. By me and Icedbluw. It was 2/3 done, when the logo issue came up. So much time and energy was spent on this issue, that I got a bit bummed out by Mooncoin. I halted the work and spend time on other projects and also had a vacation in the mean time. I have recently started developing again and will finish it. I hope to release it soon, it all depends a bit on how much people are willing to contribute to helping Mooncoin progress.
Flaritos

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 10:28:56 PM

Yep that is correct, we wanted to wait with posting it on Mooncoin.eco and Moonchan until future scouts themselves have released the news.

There was and is indeed a casino in development. By me and Icedbluw. It was 2/3 done, when the logo issue came up. So much time and energy was spent on this issue, that I got a bit bummed out by Mooncoin. I halted the work and spend time on other projects and also had a vacation in the mean time. I have recently started developing again and will finish it. I hope to release it soon, it all depends a bit on how much people are willing to contribute to helping Mooncoin progress.

This is good to hear. We should contact Future Scouts to make things official, interesting that they have not done so yet? Regarding the casino, glad to hear you are back at it once again. I look forward to its release and seeing how it runs. Sometimes you cannot control other people's actions. You must do what it takes on your end and hope others follow suit. Mooncoin has promise, I have little doubt.
Pages: « 1 ... 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 [143] 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 ... 331 »
  Print  

Jump to: