Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:45:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 [265] 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 ... 331 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [MOON] Mooncoin 🌙 Proof-of-Work, launched in 2013  (Read 317670 times)
Mooncoin_Foundation (OP)

Activity: 1022
Merit: 550

Mooncoin at Bitcointalk

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2018, 07:24:02 PM

Glad to see that Mooncoin becomes a truly international project.
If the community doesn't mind, I'll add mooncoin.com.br and mooncoin.su to the original post this week.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
polemarhos888

Activity: 499
Merit: 250

To The Moon !

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 07:35:31 PM

Glad to see that Mooncoin becomes a truly international project.
If the community doesn't mind, I'll add mooncoin.com.br and mooncoin.su to the original post this week.

I think that it's a brilliant idea ! Also, we can suggest the adding of these 2 sites in coinmarketcap.  Smiley

Mooncoin_Foundation (OP)

Mooncoin at Bitcointalk

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2018, 08:03:45 PM

Just because some here in the thread and/or in closed communication would like to lower the payout, does not make it a community-backed decision. As allsnioc posted, this would need a real vote. So it is perfectly ok, saying it was altered by "some". Other "somes" may not even have been asked or don't follow the channels - at least not regularly. So it may be backed by a part of "the community", but it is certainly no democratic decision.

The community transparently voted for that here (you have to read several pages of comments):
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=389403.msg16645183#msg16645183
and here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1733963.msg18478598#msg18478598
It was before appearing of other channels.
After that a dev decided to implement or not (in theory the community decides everything, but we understand that a dev who is really in control of code decides also a lot. A dev must agree with the community, but sometimes he doesn't agree).
And even after the update, the majority of nodes decides to accept or not.

Why did 99 percent of active community members vote for lower rewards?
It's important for MOON to stay at satoshi markets.
If for whatever reason it's below 1Sat, the volume becomes miserable, we saw that many times.
And then people don't trust MOON because they see all these sell walls at 1 Sat.
The point is not a price itself, but having a working market for MOON, and being ready for potential listing at Binance and Bittrex. They will never list a sub-satoshi coin.
Listing at large exchanges again is not about the price only. It's about more security for buyers.
Also a bigger price means bigger network hashrate which again means more security for users.
Lower rewards in the case of Mooncoin = more security, more liquidity, even miners finally will benefit from it, not investors only.

Blocks 1,100,000-1,199,999 Reward: 17906 MOON
Blocks 1,200,000-1,249,999 Reward: 16414 MOON
Blocks 1,250,000-1,299,999 Reward: 4847 MOON
Blocks 1,300,000-1,399,999 Reward: 4474 MOON
Blocks 1,400,000-1,499,999 Reward: 4154  MOON

Mooncoin_Foundation (OP)

Mooncoin at Bitcointalk

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2018, 08:48:42 PM

If you hear accusations (related to Mooncoin or to anything/anyone else), you can easily test if you are a newbie or not. A newbie believes everything.
A person with some experience 1) asks a simple question Cui prodest? (for whose benefit?). Also 2) does a research and 3) asks for a proof.

Let's discuss possible attack vectors against Mooncoin. First of all, security of network depends on a price. Lower price means less network hashrate and less security.
Obviously the possible attack vector is to drop a price - then a network hashrate will drop. If a price is less than 1 Satoshi, then Mooncoin is a subsatoshi coin, not listed at big exchanges, again less security for investors.

You realise that when a price rises, it means that investors see positive things.  A lot of time, work, talents and other people's contribution is needed for making a price rise.
It's a big work of the whole community. A price rises when there are positive things, recognised by investors who make a research, and a higher price means for a Proof-of-Work coin more network hashrate and more SECURITY as a result. In 2014 the Mooncoin network hashrate was below 1 GH/sec, now it's 100-200 GH/sec. You can see if Mooncoin direction is wrong or not with facts, not with words.

While to make a price decline, it's not needed to do much work, to spend time, money, labour, to risk a reputation, to contribute talents etc. No. Just run some FUD, false accusations, add untrue or unconfirmed information from some wrong perspective, with words 'attack', 'hack', 'stolen', and newbies, people with bad translators, people who understand nothing - begin to sell. It looks like it's quite easy to make a price decline if you want to manipulate in this way. And it's absolutely not easy to make a price rise with anything, except honest and hard contribution of the whole community.

How to drop a price artificially? It looks like there are several possible ways:
1) a pure classic FUD (Fear. Uncertainty. Despair) or trolling - not very effective these days
2) suspicions and false accusations against old and new members, devs, investors, supporters, random people, whoever else - quite effective
3) false wisdom about why Mooncoin is unsecure (Proof-of-work, no master nodes/checkpoints etc) or just has no future economically - very dangerous if posts look like if they were 'professional', from 'experts'
4) people could say that a 51% attack or any other attack took place and was successful (even with no proof) - very effective
5) anyone could say that he was hacked (after he just moved coins to another his address) - effective for dumping a price.

Don't believe all that!
Look at agswinner. He told he's not a tech expert and owned more than 30 bil MOON and what he told:

if it were so simple I would not be here.

He never lost even 1 Mooncoin except an issue with Cryptsy when he kept coins at an exchange. Obviously, agswinner as a not tech guy, who is quite active on the web and owns a lot of MOON in his wallets, could be the first target for thieves. But he never lost even 1 MOON since the very beginning of Mooncoin in Dec, 2013. Polemarhos888, too. As well as a lot of other people who just use normal or paper wallets.
Look at these 62 billion on the top address, if Mooncoin is not secure, why these 62B are still on this address (since January, 5)? Why don't hackers take them, if Mooncoin is so unsecure?

The community has to figure out how to be better protected against these attacks 1),2),3),4),5) in the future.

polemarhos888

To The Moon !

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 09:00:14 PM

If you hear accusations (related to Mooncoin or to anything/anyone else), you can easily test if you are a newbie or not. A newbie believes everything.
A person with some experience 1) asks a simple question Cui prodest? (for whose benefit?). Also 2) does a research and 3) asks for a proof.

Let's discuss possible attack vectors against Mooncoin. First of all, security of network depends on a price. Lower price means less network hashrate and less security.
Obviously the possible attack vector is to drop a price - then a network hashrate will drop. If a price is less than 1 Satoshi, then Mooncoin is a subsatoshi coin, not listed at big exchanges, again less security for investors.

You realise that when a price rises, it means that investors see positive things.  A lot of time, work, talents and other people's contribution is needed for making a price rise.
It's a big work of the whole community. A price rises when there are positive things, recognised by investors who make a research, and a higher price means for a Proof-of-Work coin more network hashrate and more SECURITY as a result. In 2014 the Mooncoin network hashrate was below 1 GH/sec, now it's 100-200 GH/sec. You can see if Mooncoin direction is wrong or not with facts, not with words.

While to make a price decline, it's not needed to do much work, to spend time, money, labour, to risk a reputation, to contribute talents etc. No. Just run some FUD, false accusations, add untrue or unconfirmed information from some wrong perspective, with words 'attack', 'hack', 'stolen', and newbies, people with bad translators, people who understand nothing - begin to sell. It looks like it's quite easy to make a price decline if you want to manipulate in this way. And it's absolutely not easy to make a price rise with anything, except honest and hard contribution of the whole community.

How to drop a price artificially? It looks like there are several possible ways:
1) a pure classic FUD (Fear. Uncertainty. Despair) or trolling - not very effective these days
2) suspicions and false accusations against old and new members, devs, investors, supporters, random people, whoever else - quite effective
3) false wisdom about why Mooncoin is unsecure (Proof-of-work, no master nodes/checkpoints etc) or just has no future economically - very dangerous if posts look like if they were 'professional', from 'experts'
4) people could say that a 51% attack or any other attack took place and was successful (even with no proof) - very effective
5) anyone could say that he was hacked (after he just moved coins to another his address) - effective for dumping a price.

Don't believe all that!
Look at agswinner. He told he's not a tech expert and owned more than 30 bil MOON and what he told:

if it were so simple I would not be here.

He never lost even 1 Mooncoin except an issue with Cryptsy when he kept coins at an exchange. Obviously, agswinner as a not tech guy, who is quite active on the web and owns a lot of MOON in his wallets, could be the first target for thieves. But he never lost even 1 MOON since the very beginning of Mooncoin in Dec, 2013. Polemarhos888, too. As well as a lot of other people who just use normal or paper wallets.
Look at these 62 billion on the top address, if Mooncoin is not secure, why these 62B are still on this address (since January, 5)? Why don't hackers take them, if Mooncoin is so unsecure?

The community has to figure out how to be better protected against these attacks 1),2),3),4),5) in the future.

You have right !

Mooncoin_Foundation (OP)

Mooncoin at Bitcointalk

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2018, 09:09:44 PM
Last edit: March 16, 2018, 08:21:12 PM by Mooncoin_Foundation

Why it's bad if there is any director or a group of directors (even if they provided their identity, started a company, and transformed a decentralised project to a centralised legal entity).
In short, then anyone who 'takes over' the project can declare things from which he/she or a small group of people will benefit at the expense of others. In a decentralised project people simply may not agree with something and that will never let evil happen.
In a centralised project, one could say: 'I'm a Mooncoin director, I'm transparent, Mr. Johnson and Johnson from Mooncoin New York Limited and I will decide what to do with your, sorry, with my project, I will swap all your coins to my Ethereum-based tokens, where I'm an owner of 99 percent of tokens and will get them listed at big exchanges etc.'
Of course, serious investors anyway would see the true picture. Serious smart investors understand that it's DECENTRALIZATION what is worth investing. Because decentralisation solves the problem of TRUST.
If you say:  there is no trust, there are 'shady' things, not responsible supporters etc. with Mooncoin, and that's why the project is 'dead', then you understand nothing about decentralisation. The point is: a big decentralised project like Mooncoin doesn't need trust (except to an extent trust to a dev who compiles wallets), the decentralised nature of Mooncoin solves the problem of trust. Decentralisation=Trust.

However, I agree with people who say that the decentralised model has many issues, many disadvantages. That's true. We just have no choice, if we are here to support real progress, and not just for making a quick buck. The biggest problem here is a dev who codes and compiles wallets. Also it's hard to make anyone do any progress.
For example, agswinner paid several devs for making online Mooncoin wallets, they received money but didn't deliver a product. Or an user Bitbobb was paid a lot of MOON and 1 BTC was promised to him for his help with listing Mooncoin at Bittrex. He told he personally had a meeting with Bittrex guys but couldn't convince them to list Mooncoin at the moment (probably they still see some development issues with Mooncoin, we all can see that Mooncoin devs sometimes just don't communicate with our community). Issues with developers is a big disadvantage of any decentralised project. Another big issue: a lack of understanding of decentralised projects. Hope these posts again will explain things to people new to crypto, or to people who were dealing with ICOs or centralised PoS coins only. Mooncoin is a very unique project in fact, due to its truly decentralised nature. Let's hope it will stay unique.

Taranis67

Activity: 117
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 11:46:56 PM

Hi all.

Some good news for a change.
One of the Telegram community has been working on a Mac wallet for Mooncoin.
Final testing is going on just now and hopefully the wallet will be available very soon.

Thanks to Michi for all her hard work on this.
michidragon

Activity: 2

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 12:14:28 AM

Hi all.

Final testing is going on just now and hopefully the wallet will be available very soon.

Hey guys. As mark said - Just finished some tests on the Mac mooncoin build.

A little background - I've actually been here for a long time (under the username 'michi' - but my account got disabled in the hack; I'm trying to get it back.)

So a little bit on the usual trust issue: My background comes from close dev ties with the Dogecoin team, and the source changes I made to make this work are there on my fork of the mooncoin wallet on Github. If you want to know any of my history feel free to ask the Dogecoin community - and you can take a look at my history on Reddit's /r/mooncoin (going back to 2013) and /r/dogecoin - under the user /u/michidragon . 

(most of the legwork was getting it to compile.)

I was only able to test it under El Capitan so far, but it looks like it's working.

Remember to add nodes from here:  https://chainz.cryptoid.info/moon/#!network   - into your 'mooncoin.conf' to bootstrap things faster.

Here's the release:

https://github.com/michilumin/mooncoincore-wallet/releases/tag/0.13.9-segwit-MacOSFix

I've marked it as pre-release, because who knows what could be lurking, but I've done a few transactions back and forth and it all looks good from here.
TRexMcStubyArms

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 03:12:50 AM

Hi all.

A little background - I've actually been here for a long time (under the username 'michi' - but my account got disabled in the hack; I'm trying to get it back.)

So a little bit on the usual trust issue: My background comes from close dev ties with the Dogecoin team, and the source changes I made to make this work are there on my fork of the mooncoin wallet on Github. If you want to know any of my history feel free to ask the Dogecoin community - and you can take a look at my history on Reddit's /r/mooncoin (going back to 2013) and /r/dogecoin - under the user /u/michidragon . 

I was only able to test it under El Capitan so far, but it looks like it's working.

Remember to add nodes from here:  https://chainz.cryptoid.info/moon/#!network   - into your 'mooncoin.conf' to bootstrap things faster.

Here's the release:

https://github.com/michilumin/mooncoincore-wallet/releases/tag/0.13.9-segwit-MacOSFix

I've marked it as pre-release, because who knows what could be lurking, but I've done a few transactions back and forth and it all looks good from here.

Thank you for working on this project.  I don't own a mac but I'm always glad to see progress.
manpower13

Activity: 37

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 05:53:37 AM

how is this going now?
agswinner
Legendary

Activity: 1375
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2018, 07:45:52 AM

Hi all.

Here's the release:

I really appreciate your work, thank you very much 🚀 Grin

Mooncoin Community New Fund address : MLfg3H5V81ZKBHA8qe35U2L28T2sgXkY1L
Web wallet : https://cointopay.com , Mooncoin web :  http://mooncoin.com
http://twitter.com/mooncoinitalia , https://www.facebook.com/mooncoin.italia/
MoonCoinRus

Activity: 14

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2018, 08:21:42 AM

Everybody thanks for warm welcome! I'll do my best for Mooncoin.
Here is our twitter: https://twitter.com/Mooncoinrus all news published both in Russian and in English. Please subscribe!
Mooncoin_Foundation, placing a link to mooncoin.su at the main page is great support, thank you!
overprop, what proofs do you need? Mooncoin wallet at my signature here is the same as on mooncoin.su. Is it enough?
giantkin, polemarhos888 and others, Thanks!

Any questions and suggestions are welcome.
And of course any donations and support will be highly appreciated.
michidragon

Activity: 2

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 10:00:47 AM

Hey everyone. New mac build.

Fixes a problem with a missing boost library dylib.

https://github.com/michilumin/mooncoincore-wallet/releases/tag/0.13.9-segwit-MacOSFix-Boostfix

Still consider it beta... but kick the tires.
daniel634

Activity: 138
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 10:13:21 AM

https://github.com/michilumin/mooncoincore-wallet/releases/tag/0.13.9-segwit-MacOSFix-Boostfix

Mooncoin is moving forward this is fantastic    this why moon coin will go forward people always willing to help  Thankyou for building the mac wallet a lot of people have been waiting for this
MoonCoinRus

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2018, 10:14:36 AM

Great news! Will add this to site today.
Apollo-11

Activity: 23

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 11:21:46 AM

Great to see new development is going on. Thank you for your work!
Taranis67

Activity: 117

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 12:00:20 PM

Everybody thanks for warm welcome! I'll do my best for Mooncoin.
Here is our twitter: https://twitter.com/Mooncoinrus all news published both in Russian and in English. Please subscribe!
Mooncoin_Foundation, placing a link to mooncoin.su at the main page is great support, thank you!
overprop, what proofs do you need? Mooncoin wallet at my signature here is the same as on mooncoin.su. Is it enough?
giantkin, polemarhos888 and others, Thanks!

Good work.
Add your members to telegram too. We're trying to make all channels cohesive.

https://t.me/joinchat/HasmPkLxNo3riOE7u5PLBA
paulus59

Activity: 231

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 12:09:52 PM

hello all ,

her is my opinion for the future of mooncoin this mooncoin is designed for POS and it should that way,
i hate the POS system its only for the connection to the network and as reward you get some coins thats it
proof of work is indeed work for it like this  quote : 

" Mooncoin is a Proof-of-Work coin (like BTC, DOGE, LTC)".

we should be the same as it was designed for Mooncoin POW !!

but then again its my thoughts about mooncoin

MoonCoinRus

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2018, 12:16:07 PM

Good work.
Add your members to telegram too. We're trying to make all channels cohesive.

https://t.me/joinchat/HasmPkLxNo3riOE7u5PLBA
Thank you!

I want to start russian Telegram. Here in Russia many people speaks English only as "read with dictionary" and i want to give them latest news in native language.

polemarhos888

To The Moon !

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 01:55:16 PM

Hi all.

Here's the release:

Good afternoon ! Thank you Michidragon for your efforts !

Pages: « 1 ... 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 [265] 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 ... 331 »
  Print  

Jump to: