Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 06:03:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer L3 - 250mh - 400watt Scrypt miner coming soon  (Read 137398 times)
usao
Legendary

Activity: 1109
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 08:11:32 PM

I should put my 2 up on Flea-Bay at $2500 each!!  Makes ROI plus some!!
Given the max lifetime of the HW seems to be 2 months, not sure how that is profitable for the purchaser.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
usao
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 08:13:13 PM

It's good step from bitmain but why I can't to see information about antminer L3 on bitmain's website? Despite that fact I have seen them on amazon, ebay and aliexpress, also there are reviews on googlr but ehy isn't it on bitmain? Isn't it officially in massive sell? Or there are betas on websites?
BTW seems good miner and it's already popular on litecoin forums. Which one is better, baikal or this?

Bitmain isn't selling them world wide yet and may not or on there world wide site, you can see the them on there Chinese site and buy them there, i think on the buy part ...  .
Can't read Chinese, so wouldn't know how to order.
Do they even ship international given they are only advertising in China?
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 08:17:51 PM
Last edit: April 05, 2017, 08:30:17 PM by toptek

no idea

you may have to buy it off a re seller like https://www.eastshore.xyz/ if you want the best price there in china and there site is in English and they are honest re sellers .

There out of stock Sad . till  all most the end of the month ..

https://www.eastshore.xyz/shop/antminer-l3-litecoin-miner-250mh-for-scrypt-mining/

sense the L3 doesn't mine X11 coins it depends on what coins you want to mine the baikal might be better if X11 coins hold there price but don't court on that so i would buy the L3 and mine Lite coins or BTC in directly on CleverMining.com or NiceHash .

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
elokk

Activity: 723
Merit: 519

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 10:43:52 PM

I should put my 2 up on Flea-Bay at $2500 each!!  Makes ROI plus some!!

Why not sell on here minus the ebay fees and hassles?

t.me/bitcoinasic
Longsnowsm (OP)

Activity: 868
Merit: 517

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 11:30:38 PM

No disrespect to forum members, but if you have ever tried to sell anything here you are in for an experience.  Most want to low ball you, and talk you out of what ever you are trying to sell.  Even if the price was a good deal to begin with.  Frankly it is less hassle to sell on eBay. 

After my few experiences trying to give forum members a first shot at things I had for sale I finally said to heck with this and sold it immediately on eBay for more than I would have made if I sold it here...

So my own personal experience has taught me if you want to sell it just take it to eBay.  Just mark it up to cover your eBay fees.  YMMV
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 01:12:37 AM

No disrespect to forum members, but if you have ever tried to sell anything here you are in for an experience.  Most want to low ball you, and talk you out of what ever you are trying to sell.  Even if the price was a good deal to begin with.  Frankly it is less hassle to sell on eBay.  

After my few experiences trying to give forum members a first shot at things I had for sale I finally said to heck with this and sold it immediately on eBay for more than I would have made if I sold it here...

So my own personal experience has taught me if you want to sell it just take it to eBay.  Just mark it up to cover your eBay fees.  YMMV

SO i noticed i will buy here because i have got some really good deals here but sell here no way , i will use Ebay any day and deal with those fees ..even buying off some sellers can be a pain in the ass you get it but it may take some time.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
ps_jb

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 01:31:57 AM

No disrespect to forum members, but if you have ever tried to sell anything here you are in for an experience.  Most want to low ball you, and talk you out of what ever you are trying to sell.  Even if the price was a good deal to begin with.  Frankly it is less hassle to sell on eBay. 

So my own personal experience has taught me if you want to sell it just take it to eBay.  Just mark it up to cover your eBay fees.  YMMV

That is absolute 100% true! Every single person will try to offer you 60% of Ebay price, with some murky escrows etc
youngblackgod

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 05:51:17 AM
Last edit: April 06, 2017, 06:06:56 AM by youngblackgod

I just recently started learning about Bitcoins and altcoins, Almost just threw my money at a t9 till i realized home sha 256 mining is damn near irrelevant at this point but scrypt mining is a bit more profitable for someone just starting out. I know 295 a month is much for alot of you veteran guys but i was a 9-5 worker who recently lost his job and just makes money on the side. ive saved up an amount of money to Grab a L3 from eastshore before they sold out but im just waiting for the shipment, I already have a rx480 4gb mining on my gaming computer with 2 more rx480's 8gb's on the way, and a R1 router as well for luck. For someone Who doesnt pay utilities and small monthly rental payments, this was the best entry for me to start mining. My Roi is looking like 45-65 days.

watch out it is very addicting ...  but yea there is no point in home mining BTC any more unless you can set up a nice a farm in your house which is still very possible but takes a lot costly gear , Home mining ,won't die either some one is always looking for ways to keep it a live and who knows you losing your job might be the best thing that ever happen to you sense you joined something that is still very new and fun and makes cash , don't get me wrong it's not easy cash there is a lot of work involved even for a hobby home miner like me plus reading and learning to get it just right ..

I most just play league of legends and ps4, my friend just brought it up to me one day and i started reading up on reddit and ive been addicted ever since. Losing my Job definitely was the best thing for me, i feel like ive gotten all the work experience i need to tackle life as an entrepreneur, i gotta get used to github and programming my gpus to specific servers to mine specific coins but its all like a money making game that i can captilize on better than anything else going for me so now researching this all day is easy and following everything is just like being on a forum for an mmo. All of this is life changing stuff for inner city kid thinking 9-5 is all you can do until you die.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 07:55:09 AM
Last edit: April 06, 2017, 08:13:28 AM by Searing

I have found this at Eastshore.xyz :  Shipping starts on 24th April. Is this a real date of a new batch or just a random date? I don't know, now if to wait for L3 / buy GPU rigs / or wait for pinidea/baikal Huh

Bitmain has pulled all the L3's back. I am on the same eastshore batch and paid and eastshore was told shipping of
all L3's canceled and wait undetermined time for the L3 plus only.

Bitmain seems to have yanked them all back to mine with. Literally off the truck. Eastshore is beyond
pissed. I'd also assume a delay of 3 months on L3+ so Bitmain can mine like hell and them.
Price of an L3 I'll claim now will double. Anyway I'm getting refunded on the batch in question

Well I got 4 L3's but damn 8 would have been bliss

Are they pulling them from the market in order to fix them properly or is there a darker purpose at work here?

According to folk at Eastshore ...darker..yanked all their orders for this April 27th batch with no news on any more being made...L3's that is....the scuttlebutt is
all got yanked to go into the Bitmain data halls rather then ship...made more sense to keep them at double scrypt prices and refund folk/distributors/warehouse vendors (like eastshore)
then to sell them to the world. Makes a hell of a lot of sense ..if there are NOT a lot of L3+ they can fill the bitmain data halls with the last of the L3's ..for the next 3 to 4 months
until you can peel off your next big orders of L3+'s to yourself (bitmain) and thus NOW to grab
what you could back on L3's and cancel any future L3's and push your L3+ product (probably 3x the $$ amount) that is down roadand just mine like..hell till you can be first in
line to put the L3+ in your data hall before everyone else and maybe,just maybe sell some at inflated prices Smiley IF the price of scrypt doubles again .you just keep them
rinse/wash/repeat......evil corp 101......the new way to cut/corners and make money...MUG all your customers no matter WHAT the size.....Smiley

I suspect this is because they have sat on their hands (bitmain) due to the $4.12 LTC of 2 weeks ago and while they MAY have the chips masked in play for the L3+ they
may not be really 'up to speed yet' on the parts to make such..thus Bitmain imho saw a drought of miners ..due to their own delay on the L3+ and took them ALL BACK

Eastshore was 'beyond pissed' ..I mean the L3's were not moving at all a month ago...this April 24th batch order may have been in play for 2 months ...folk accumulating
waiting for them to hit the world...damn....big time whale evil corp action indeed...even slaying other distributor whales...a frigging bar brawl indeed.

anyway most of above is speculation on my part ..but it is universal everyone I talked to ..that unless your order was PHYSICALLY ON THE TRUCK ALREADY

it was 'pulled' and refunded by bitmain...and again this is the huge guys like eastshore as well.....not just us little guys...all the way up the food chain.

So again imho, the bright side because MAYBE Bitmain sat on their hands on getting the L3 parts ordered (besides chips) and out the door we could have a 3 month
lag of not as much difficulty..and mine well for a bit till this next wave of orders flow in from bitmain L3+ or whoever else ramps up scrypt pow equip sales

Butterfly labs did this...KNC completely jerked its 3rd batch of Jupiters and kept them for themselves....and their next miner was 1/3 more money

The further (my speculation again) likelyhood imho is a 505mh 800w L3+ (essentially 2 L3's in the same case) will also be 1/3 more if the price of the now imho forever gone
L3's and if LTC stays above $10 bucks

Asic companies are 'evil' it is what they do.....well played, well played indeed

But poor eastshore hard to sell the bitmain product in high volume and such with support when the company you get the equip from is your own competitor and yanks
the units out of your 'already paid and told it is shipping' que and takes them back..yeah....really....bet if there are drone pictures over the bitmain shipping area....on
Friday 3/31/17 they were loading the trucks and after the weekend on Monda 4/3/17..they were taking all the units back up...it seems that this is NOW the kinda
world we live in Sad

Watching Bitmain's LTC pool will tell you much (assuming their mining is open to see such and not hidden) if my above speculation has any merit..from the info I've
gotten etc

Anyway it is a 'frigging' miracle I got the FOUR Bitmain 250mh L3's that I did ..with my once in my life ball up post on bitcointalk thread.. at the early am on April 1st 2017 (April Fools Day) that I was in for FOUR L3's because I was taking a stand...that the price point of $6 LTC was the floor...(scary post at the time ...saying it was not a pump/dump). The last
time I did that was chucking out $7,131.80 on a KNC 550gh Jupiter BTC miner via paypal and credit card option and the ONLY info on the site was a 'drawing' of the supposed
knc Juptier unit!!!!

Well 'I man'd up and it paid off' ..and increased my hash from 3000 mh to 4000 mh...but damn...those extra 4 Bitmain L3's I supposedly was secure in ordering on the way..damn it (grrrrr)
...well better to know now I guess ....this will happen with other asic makers in the future I'm sure if our dream of high $$$ for crypto pans out in the future..at least on such
pumps of such in crypto .....

anyway ..been a damn wild week Smiley (on the other hand I just got $10,200 bucks back incl/product and hosting deal) ....not like I'm on a streetcorner begging for asics (yet) Smiley

But wow....it was not just the little guy this time...EVERYONE from what I can tell down the line from Bitmain...all got the same 'wake up call' and 'er..we're taking it all back
...here is your refund...don't let the screen door hit you on the ass on the way out....

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
youngblackgod

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 11:06:37 AM

I haven't gotten a refund at all or an email from east shore saying otherwise, only the payment was confirmed and was being shipped out to me. Maybe im waiting to hear bad news but i think mines is already in transit and should be here today or tomorrow. Let you know If i also got the Bitmain Shaft or not.
usao
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 12:02:25 PM

I haven't gotten a refund at all or an email from east shore saying otherwise, only the payment was confirmed and was being shipped out to me. Maybe im waiting to hear bad news but i think mines is already in transit and should be here today or tomorrow. Let you know If i also got the Bitmain Shaft or not.
Best pester eastshore to get a status on your order.
I wish I knew how to read chinese, as I hear they are still available there, although not sure if they will ship to US even if ordered from chinese site.
Longsnowsm (OP)

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 02:22:33 AM

For anyone still interested in the saga to get an L3 repaired.  Bitmain received my failed hash board on the 24th of March.  I followed up with them on the 26th of March to find out if they received it.  They confirmed that the Hong Kong facility received it, but it would have to be sent to China and would have to clear customs which is 5 business days.  At which time they would update my ticket from "uncollected" to collected and begin the repair of the board. 

As of tomorrow it will be 2 weeks since they received the board in Hong Kong and STILL the board has not cleared customs and been updated as collected on the Bitmain site.  So I am yet again emailing them to find out what has happened to this board.  At this point if I don't get some progress and good news soon I am losing hope that this is going to get resolved at all. 

The other failed board(controller/io) that I sent back went to Eastshore and they did confirm they received it and have forwarded it onto Bitmain.  They are giving an estimate of approximately 10 days to turn the board around and ship it back.  I am not holding my breath at this point given the process these things have to go through just to get to the Bitmain site and actually get repaired.

If you own or are thinking of owning L3's just pray you don't have a problem.   Angry
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 08:04:12 AM

Well we got an email...saying what I said in the previous posts....if you did NOT get an email....maybe yours drove away in the truck fast and did not get pulled..
irregardless we are SHOL so I hope it works out for you at least

Again did get 4 but them last 4 L3 Unicorns getting away is really, really depressing...for eastshore to for that matter...all was paid and all parties were told it was a done
deal ..till Bitmain proper ...pulled the rug out....again eastshore is beyond pissed off.....man .....the money they lost as a  wholesaler on these returns must be epic!

my 'asic fish story' about those that got away I guess

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
KNCFUN

Activity: 264
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 11:01:42 AM

Searing, how much was the price for a L3 miner from eastshore ?

WTB working or unstable KNC TITAN cubes.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 11:06:06 AM

Searing, how much was the price for a L3 miner from eastshore ?

It is still on the site...the price....but they are out of stock....I just looked and it told me it was

says $1759....i think they raised it to $1900 thou..when they took my last 4 order (since pulled back by bitmain the april 24th batch) ...Sad

remember my deal was $2550 for all elec/rent/hosting and TURN ON NOW for the 4 I got with Maxumark's deal (see his profile for his now closed deal)

these last 4 were in the batch above we were TOLD by eastshore that all was well (not to be for eastshore either all their stuff was pulled also)..thus nada

I think the 4 that were cancelled were $1,900 each ( i would have also run them thru the above maxumark deal...as well in May 2017....alas ...not to be)

What I used to think when the last 4 order was solid Smiley

What I think now that unicorns are not to be....

oh well ...got more btc again Smiley

jstefanop
Legendary

Activity: 2085
Merit: 1390

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 05:22:16 PM

FYI Bitmain will officially announce L3 on worldwide site this week. Make sense why east shore pulled their latest batch. They are taking advantage of this price hike and selling the overpriced miners themselves.

Project Apollo: A Pod Miner Designed for the Home https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4974036
FutureBit Moonlander 2 USB Scrypt Stick Miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2125643.0
firehawk71

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 12:19:53 AM

I just got 2 L3 and when I power them on the fans do not start up. I read on east shore if its not warm enough they may not run but I am afraid to chance this without another opinion.. Any help greatly appreciated Thanks
Longsnowsm (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 01:27:32 AM

I just got 2 L3 and when I power them on the fans do not start up. I read on east shore if its not warm enough they may not run but I am afraid to chance this without another opinion.. Any help greatly appreciated Thanks

If you want to check to see if your fans are good go into the settings and turn off the auto for the fan and set it like 80%.  The fan should kick in.  Normal behavior is to hear the fan go to full speed during the power on test then fall back to a much lower speed and ramp up as the temp on the board/chips climbs. 

Some have suggested it is best to just run the L3 fan at a forced set speed due to board 3 on these miners tends to run hotter and also appears to be the board where you will likely see hardware errors.  So by turning up the fan you may be able to minimize the risk of a failed board.  That is the theory.  Hopefully this helps.

bittawm
Legendary

Activity: 1894
Merit: 1087

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 02:06:54 AM

FYI Bitmain will officially announce L3 on worldwide site this week. Make sense why east shore pulled their latest batch. They are taking advantage of this price hike and selling the overpriced miners themselves.

assholes

@bittawm is my real telegram
@bittawm is my real twitter
beware of impersonators
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 02:21:49 AM

assholes

So NONE are likely to go through Eastshore ..you have to buy through the worldwide site? That would suck, I like Eastshore as an option

If so eastshore is likely to be even more p/o'd then when our orders were also cancelled

bitmain seems to be running the crypto pow world lately.......seg witness on BTC and LTC defeated...the asic boost angle/scam they have

etc

brad

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  

Jump to: