Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:45:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Shorts on suicide watch  (Read 1007 times)
thejaytiesto (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 01:42:41 PM

Looks like everyone that went to sleep yesterday with short positions expecting sub $1000 got bitchslapped in the face. This is why trading is such a fucking gamble. Thank god I only sold a small amount at 1200, now im just waiting for a correction to get in again, but I will ultimately wait for an official SEC statement. If it's approved... insta buy. If not, i'll buy back in lower with the 1200 I got on the exchange.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 01:44:32 PM

Me and a lot of people sold at the stable $1200 price range, so it is normal that a lot of people got fucked by this mega pump. I will also stay cautious and don't rush it, I think we will see sub $1200 again and we can get in. Of course, if the ETF is finally approved, we may not be able to ever buy below $1200 again, so im F5ing the web every second.
btcmerich

Activity: 339
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 02:05:06 PM
Last edit: March 10, 2017, 02:52:03 PM by btcmerich

they are sure hating themselfs today.  the crazy price increase besides the ETF deadline  might be the news about federal reserve wanting to  hike interest rates in coming week.

On the ETF note, what is your go to site for the ETF verdict?

SEC site would be first to release the verdict

https://www.sec.gov/news/pressreleases
travwill

Activity: 1313
Merit: 278

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 03:34:49 PM

I don't know if the SEC Press Releases site will even have the news, and if you have watched the last few releases.  Some are delayed by almost a day, i.e. one dated the 9th, posted yesterday on the 10th.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████
██                ▄▄▄███████▄▄                 ██
██             ▄███▀▀        ▀▀▄               ██
██▄▄███████▀  ███▀                             ██
██▀█▄▄       ███▀   ▐███████▄    ▄██▄          ██
██  ▀███▄▄▄ ███▌    ▐██    ██    ▀██▀          ██
██      ▀▀█████▌    ▐███████▀           ▀▀██▄▄ ██
██          ███▌    ▐██ ▄▄▄                 ▀████
██           ███▄   ▐██  ▀██▄ ▀▀▀███████████▀▀ ██
██            ████▄             ▄█▀            ██
██             ▀████▄▄▄     ▄▄██▀              ██
██                ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀                ██
█████████████████████████████████████████████████
VIRTUAL WORLDS
BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
D I S C O R D     
M E D I U M     
G I T B O O K     
btcmerich

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 03:39:57 PM

I don't know if the SEC Press Releases site will even have the news, and if you have watched the last few releases.  Some are delayed by almost a day, i.e. one dated the 9th, posted yesterday on the 10th.

but still it will be safest bet to get the verdict
HanvanBitcoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 03:41:12 PM

The charts will tell if it got approved or not  Grin no worries haha

*                                                              BTC~One day we'll all be living like kings!~BTC                                                             *
Pamadar
Legendary

Activity: 2982

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 03:50:08 PM

that's right if chart will give positive movements we do have a lot of chances to go in, but if not better to make a good assessment
and just keep following and better not to do some action while the decision is not over yet, just for myself though.
HanvanBitcoin

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 03:53:04 PM

that's right if chart will give positive movements we do have a lot of chances to go in, but if not better to make a good assessment
and just keep following and better not to do some action while the decision is not over yet, just for myself though.

Yes, hopefully they will post it straight away on https://www.sec.gov/news/pressreleases Im refreshing it like mad  Tongue Grin

*                                                              BTC~One day we'll all be living like kings!~BTC                                                             *
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 03:55:29 PM

Yes, hopefully they will post it straight away on https://www.sec.gov/news/pressreleases Im refreshing it like mad  Tongue Grin

Yep, I have a couple of tabs opened in my firefox, then im looking at this videostream too that some people mentioned in the Poloniex trollbox:

https://www.sec.gov/video/live/2373689294677-evidence-summit-031017.htm

Not sure if its related to the bitcoin etf, but i have opened it, even tho I got tired now and im playing some music.
btcmerich

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 04:00:28 PM

Yep, I have a couple of tabs opened in my firefox, then im looking at this videostream too that some people mentioned in the Poloniex trollbox:

Not sure if its related to the bitcoin etf, but i have opened it, even tho I got tired now and im playing some music.

i do not think they will announce the verdict live. Also being so close to the deadline i am sure they have made their decision and it is moving from hand to hand and it will be published soon.  If no news today then it will be the first to be approved by default

BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 05:01:54 PM

i do not think they will announce the verdict live. Also being so close to the deadline i am sure they have made their decision and it is moving from hand to hand and it will be published soon.  If no news today then it will be the first to be approved by default

Well, it would be the first time ever indeed, that the SEC doesn't take a clear decision, I don't think that will happen. Maybe they will move it to 13th march (monday)

I dont know why people keep saying it is today, last day for decision is monday I think.
MatDerKater

Activity: 138

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 05:19:29 PM

Looks like everyone that went to sleep yesterday with short positions expecting sub $1000 got bitchslapped in the face. This is why trading is such a fucking gamble. Thank god I only sold a small amount at 1200, now im just waiting for a correction to get in again, but I will ultimately wait for an official SEC statement. If it's approved... insta buy. If not, i'll buy back in lower with the 1200 I got on the exchange.

This is why many pro traders (who aren't market makers and/or don't have access to inside info), never trade on news events and why there is such huge volatilty around these events.

Fact is, much of the price rise of potential Winklevoss ETF is already factored in. All those who are going to jump in on 'news' are jumping onboard for the last 10-20% of the entire move, buying all the BTC accumulated by the market makers way way down below.

In all Likelihood, Bitcoin is going to get up to around $1500 before this move finally pops out. A $250 move may sound good but it really isn't.

If I told you that I knew of a penny stock, price at $0.12, which was probs going to go 'all the way' to a whopping $0.15-$0.17, but which already had put in a near vertical parabolic move, for which there had been no meaningful correction and consolidation, would you be interested? If you would be interested, then you would have to have a hole in your head, yet this is the exact same position as Bitcoin is in right now.

Absolutely terrible fucking long investment, with any short trade attempts being totally out of the question and highly likely to get squeezed. Some people about to get a fucking windfall very soon. Majority however, are going to get utterly fucking gutted.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: