Bitcoin Forum
November 17, 2017, 09:55:12 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ebit e9 miner with 6.8Th/s from Ebang company a new rival for existing producers  (Read 42775 times)
ayrton55

Activity: 15

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 11:59:56 AM

This is their webpage http://miner.ebang.com.cn/en/index.html

These are the specs.
Ebit E9 Miner Parameters

Ideal hash rate:  6.3TH/S(-2%~+10%)
Power consumption ratio on wall:140W/T(-10%~+15%,AC/DC 93%efficiency,25℃ ambient temperature)
Rated voltage:   11.8V~13.0V
Chip Info.:   DW1227 96pcs(14nm LPP process)     
Power interface:   4*6PIN port
Dimensions:   290mm*126mm*155mm
Weight:   4.2KG
Network connection:   Ethernet
Operating temperature:   -10℃~40℃
Working humidity:   5%RH~95%RH (non condensing)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
takagari
Legendary

Activity: 840

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 07:16:30 PM

This is their webpage http://miner.ebang.com.cn/en/index.html

These are the specs.
Ebit E9 Miner Parameters

Ideal hash rate:  6.3TH/S(-2%~+10%)
Power consumption ratio on wall:140W/T(-10%~+15%,AC/DC 93%efficiency,25℃ ambient temperature)
Rated voltage:   11.8V~13.0V
Chip Info.:   DW1227 96pcs(14nm LPP process)      
Power interface:   4*6PIN port
Dimensions:   290mm*126mm*155mm
Weight:   4.2KG
Network connection:   Ethernet
Operating temperature:   -10℃~40℃
Working humidity:   5%RH~95%RH (non condensing)

Yah, dunno seen a lot of vaporware scams popping up.
This has been discussed I believe the power draw over the number of plugs screams fake or fire hazard.

QuintLeo

Activity: 882

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 11:14:03 PM

Only 205 watts per connector - well within the connector specs, doesn't push them anywhere near as hard as the SP20 (which was NOT known for melting connectors as a widespread thing, unlike a couple of the KNC models that wanted to push 300+ watts through them).

takagari
Legendary

Activity: 840

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 01:53:22 AM

Only 205 watts per connector - well within the connector specs, doesn't push them anywhere near as hard as the SP20 (which was NOT known for melting connectors as a widespread thing, unlike a couple of the KNC models that wanted to push 300+ watts through them).

Correct yes I think it was more the rated output of that psu, which if used only for the miner would be fine, but if used to it's max output, wouldn't

Either way this has been floating for a while and yet to see a review or post on anyone actually having one??

NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 1260

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 04:55:34 PM

Either way this has been floating for a while and yet to see a review or post on anyone actually having one??
Which is why this thread should be in Speculation vs Hardware....
To date this is just vaporware.

-Joshua Zipkin aka Joshua Alexander leaked AMT A1 miner skype chats http://bit.ly/1Qjt6lj
-For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself.
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
fanatic26

Activity: 532

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 07:20:25 PM

This is not vaporware as I just set 4 of them up last night. As they have only been officially selling in mainland China the software is in all chinese. All miners are slightly outperforming the stock 6.3t spec, sitting between 6.4 and 6.5t at 715 mhz. There is an option to turn them up to 730 and with that they will hit 6.6-6.7t but I didnt want to deviate from stock settings on the inital test phase.

Also, the production version of the hashing boards have 3x6 pin PCIE connectors not 2 per board as stated in the prerelease specs.

Edit: Using the unreliable Kill-o-Watt meter im seeing an efficiency of about .15 or so. Going to amp clamp it later and see if I can get slightly more accurate readings.

Stop buying industrial miners, running them at home, and then complaining about the noise.
fanatic26

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 07:37:18 PM

In the ultra cynical world of bitcointalk I guess i better post some pictures before people start calling me a liar.

Stop buying industrial miners, running them at home, and then complaining about the noise.
LASERminer

Activity: 206

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 09:29:36 PM

Edit: Using the unreliable Kill-o-Watt meter im seeing an efficiency of about .15 or so. Going to amp clamp it later and see if I can get slightly more accurate readings.
How much in Watt it takes?
wlefever
Legendary

Activity: 1126

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 10:04:29 PM

Wesbite says 140W/TH so close to 900 watts
zombijs

Activity: 85

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 10:09:59 PM

Looks pretty good.
fanatic26

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 11:13:04 PM

Another thing to note about this miner. While they offer a 6 month warranty on the blades and a 1 year warranty on the controller as of right now the warranty is only valid in China. I have confirmed this direct with Ebang. As they are not officially selling outside of China the warranty does not cross the border.

fanatic26

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 11:13:52 PM

How much in Watt it takes?

Kill-o-Watt is reporting about 1010 watts but as many of you know they are not the most accurate of devices.

TunerDude007

Activity: 368

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 11:30:49 PM

How much are these? I don't understand how much it says on their site.
traxor

Activity: 226

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 11:41:19 PM

$130 USD per Terrahash (6.3) = $819
fanatic26

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 12:48:23 AM

$130 USD per Terrahash (6.3) = $819

They sell them together with their own 1500w power supply which is another $80 USD.

Rabinovitch
Legendary

Activity: 1162

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 09:12:14 AM

Avalon 741 looks better...

From Siberia with love!
Never do any business with Kirill Stepanenko (Volgograd, Russia)
Hotmine X6 miner/upgrade kit review
zombijs

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 05:40:51 PM

good alternative to Bitmain's miners. At least looks reliable.
isoneguy

Activity: 476

eat bacon!!!

View Profile
January 29, 2017, 02:21:56 PM

How is the noise from these compared to the s7/s9?

remember remember...
icon73

Activity: 77

View Profile
January 29, 2017, 03:45:33 PM

In the ultra cynical world of bitcointalk I guess i better post some pictures before people start calling me a liar.

When you bought yours did you need to wire money, or are they willing to take BTC as payment?
Burci39

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 29, 2017, 07:28:14 PM

Were you able to have them shipped to US? If so, how much was shipping?
icon73

View Profile
January 29, 2017, 10:30:08 PM

Be careful.  There is some guy emailing those of us who post on the thread with interest in buying a unit.  He links his PM to an address that looks like a scam.

http://minerebang.ueuo.com/miner.ebang.com.cn/en/product/product-10-670.html

Please be careful.
leowonderful

Activity: 756

View Profile
January 29, 2017, 10:49:22 PM

Be careful.  There is some guy emailing those of us who post on the thread with interest in buying a unit.  He links his PM to an address that looks like a scam.

Please be careful.

Looks like link is dead as it goes to a free Web hosting page. Thanks for the heads up. I'd only buy this off of sites like aliexpress or direct if possible as it seems there are lots of scams out there for this miner.

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
BitBlender 

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
fanatic26

View Profile
January 30, 2017, 06:59:04 PM

These are much quieter than the bitmain units. I dont have a meter so the answer is subjective but they are easily half as loud as S7s with fans at full tilt.

fanatic26

View Profile
January 30, 2017, 07:01:23 PM

When you bought yours did you need to wire money, or are they willing to take BTC as payment?

These test units were purchased second hand from someone that got in on the original batch of 5000 at release because ebang was sold out so I am unable to answer this question.

Were you able to have them shipped to US? If so, how much was shipping?

I was actually in China to receive the units so I shipped them myself. It was about $300 USD for all 5 units I believe through some random Chinese shipping depot.

zombijs

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 07:23:33 AM

Hopefully more fanucaturers will show up and give competition to Bitmain and his "Quality" products
fanatic26

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 08:31:32 PM

For anyone interested after running these miners for a while I am enjoying the lack of attention I have had to pay to them. So far they are reliable and maintenance free. There is one machine with an intermittent board issue but it seems the software will actually restart the board after a period of time on its own without intervention. This single board will drop out for 20-30 minutes maybe once a day but the software will restart it until its hashing again without any user intervention. This is much preferred over the bitmain functionality where it will shut a board down due to thermal or hashing issues but it will never restart the board on its own. I am going to be getting some more of these machines in and hopefully they will have english firmware. If so I will post screenshots of the UI again and give a more in depth look to the features their software offers.

BTUminer

Activity: 13

Blinded is the eye that does not see the Truth

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 09:09:18 AM

Hi;

Do you mind share any documentation on how to setup this miner. I'm buying one of these unit but from third party via aliexpress.

cheers.

isoneguy

eat bacon!!!

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 09:23:11 AM

Hi;

Do you mind share any documentation on how to setup this miner. I'm buying one of these unit but from third party via aliexpress.

cheers.

It's similar to setting up any miner with a built in controller.

Make sure that you have the power connectors properly plugged in and a network cable connected...and the miner turned on.

Find the device on your local network by it's IP address and it should give you access to an area where you can input pool data.

remember remember...
unsoindovo
Legendary

Activity: 1218

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2017, 01:52:07 PM

Hi;

cheers.

i'm interested too...
who is selling this ASIC???

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
'BTC MULTI-WALLET SOON'
▬▬▬▬ Download WHITEPAPER ▬▬▬▬

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

███▀▀
▐▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▐▌
███▄▄
▀▀███
▐▌▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌▌
▄▄███
unsoindovo
Legendary

Activity: 1218

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2017, 01:57:57 PM

Please be careful.

Looks like link is dead as it goes to a free Web hosting page. Thanks for the heads up. I'd only buy this off of sites like aliexpress or direct if possible as it seems there are lots of scams out there for this miner.

link updated in OP.
this is the new link
http://miner.ebang.com.cn/en/index.html
it seem legit..

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
'BTC MULTI-WALLET SOON'

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

███▀▀
▐▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▐▌
███▄▄
▀▀███
▐▌▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌▌
▄▄███
fanatic26

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 08:49:35 PM

For those buying these outside of China be aware that their firmware is currently only available in Chinese. I used Google Translator to figure out how to configure the miner but there are still parts of the firmware I do not understand.

Also the company that makes these is ebang. It is a large communications company that specializes in fiber hardware. They are as legit as it gets, I have personally visited their headquarters and can vouch for the company and the miner hardware.

Swimmer63
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 10:50:43 PM

For those buying these outside of China be aware that their firmware is currently only available in Chinese. I used Google Translator to figure out how to configure the miner but there are still parts of the firmware I do not understand.

Also the company that makes these is ebang. It is a large communications company that specializes in fiber hardware. They are as legit as it gets, I have personally visited their headquarters and can vouch for the company and the miner hardware.

Do you know if the company is going to produce more?  Distribute outside China?  Or are they building their own mines?
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 12:03:28 AM

And who can vouch for you??

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
fanatic26

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 12:12:06 AM

If you dont believe me you can leave the thread and not come back. I have already posted proof I have the machines and I am running them. If thats not good enough the door is right over there =====>>

revolution82

Activity: 41

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 09:54:50 PM

At their current price point they are more expensive than Avalon 721s. What is the incentive to buy these guys?
Unacceptable
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 10:17:17 AM

If you dont believe me you can leave the thread and not come back. I have already posted proof I have the machines and I am running them. If thats not good enough the door is right over there =====>>

Wow,easy big fella....your the only one who has shown any "proof",so that makes these miners legit??

You get about 6-10 more folks to show proof then maybe they are legit,until then I still have doubts  Wink

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 1918

A new tool for prediction https://bitvol.info/

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 03:12:19 PM

Wow,easy big fella....your the only one who has shown any "proof",so that makes these miners legit??

You get about 6-10 more folks to show proof then maybe they are legit,until then I still have doubts  Wink

Well as always with new companies I offer to buy one.  My conditions are simple. I am very well established person in this website. With many good deals.  So send me the unit on your dime.  I will mine it for a week run a long thread showing how it works .   I will then ship it back to you or if I like it I will buy it from you.

I no longer send any coin up front to any new builders.  Simple fact is I am more established then they are.
I have done this many times and builders have made many sales. I do not charge for the reviews.
Last builder of gear that sent to me was the pandaminer builder.  I did as promised and they ended up,selling out their gear. Just check in alt coins mining thread

Please support sidehack with his new miner project Send to : 1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
I mine alt coins with https://simplemining.net I see BTC as the super highway and alt coins as taxis and trucks needed to move transactions.
fanatic26

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 04:21:31 PM

Ebang has no interest to sell to hobby miners, they know its a dying market. That combined with the fact that I am the only customer of theirs outside of China is going to make it hard to have 6-10 random forum people confirm it. You can swim in your own ignorance and believe they dont exist all that you want. I am only doing this to show people there are options available.

Phil: I have no affiliation with ebang other than I am a customer. I do not believe they monitor anything on these forums so I doubt they will be sending you a test unit.

Unacceptable
Legendary

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 01:30:32 AM

Ebang has no interest to sell to hobby miners, they know its a dying market. That combined with the fact that I am the only customer of theirs outside of China is going to make it hard to have 6-10 random forum people confirm it. You can swim in your own ignorance and believe they dont exist all that you want. I am only doing this to show people there are options available.

Phil: I have no affiliation with ebang other than I am a customer. I do not believe they monitor anything on these forums so I doubt they will be sending you a test unit.

Well,it's not an option if it ain't fer sale to "the people"  Cheesy

Kinda like Bitfury is an option.....if you have millions of dollars  Cheesy

leowonderful

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 01:41:35 AM

It's also unknown whether or not the miner control GUI supports English or not. Unless you understand Chinese it'll be a little difficult to setup the miner. Seems it's market poorly towards Western and European customers and if anything seems it's just for Chinese customers.

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
BitBlender 

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
fanatic26

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 01:52:19 AM

Well,it's not an option if it ain't fer sale to "the people"  Cheesy

Kinda like Bitfury is an option.....if you have millions of dollars  Cheesy

"the people" are just the ones that cant seem to get over the fact that home mining should be going the way of the dodo by now. They keep buying R4s that break in a month or try and build ridiculous sound proof boxes to run a miner in their bedroom.

I share the information because am assuming there are enough people on this forum that actually matter when it comes to miner purchases (aka mining companies/datacenters buying hundreds/thousands at a time) and would like to know about alternatives.

fanatic26

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 01:54:17 AM

It's also unknown whether or not the miner control GUI supports English or not. Unless you understand Chinese it'll be a little difficult to setup the miner. Seems it's market poorly towards Western and European customers and if anything seems it's just for Chinese customers.

I dont speak any chinese and I managed to get it all setup. Miner GUIs really arent that complicated.

Also, it is not marketed at all outside of China yet. I had to go to their headquarters for them to even believe I was serious about their product. They will be supplying English firmware and tools, it has already been offered to me.

LongAndShort
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 02:13:02 AM

These are much quieter than the bitmain units. I dont have a meter so the answer is subjective but they are easily half as loud as S7s with fans at full tilt.

They probably run twice as hot as the s7s'? 68c on your first picture?
TunerDude007

View Profile
February 25, 2017, 04:20:53 AM

Thank you for sharing with us fanatic26, we need more competition and I encourage others to always share new findings with all of us.
TunerDude007

View Profile
February 25, 2017, 04:26:19 AM

Can you share screenshots with us about how and where you set the settings for the pool you mine at? What does the software look like?
zombijs

View Profile
February 25, 2017, 02:45:41 PM

Agree really nice on new miner and giving competition to Bitmain and their miners. As long as new companies can compete on TH/$ they should be winners.
leowonderful

View Profile
February 26, 2017, 12:42:05 AM

I dont speak any chinese and I managed to get it all setup. Miner GUIs really arent that complicated.

Also, it is not marketed at all outside of China yet. I had to go to their headquarters for them to even believe I was serious about their product. They will be supplying English firmware and tools, it has already been offered to me.
That's nice to know, I was afraid there might've been some more customizeable functions in the firmware that might not be as easily deciphered and those might've brought up some issues. Nice to have a competitor that actually does some work that's not Avalon or Bitmain. Wouldn't be my first choice but if they get a little better efficiency I'd be glad to try it out.

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
BitBlender 

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
Searing
Legendary

Activity: 1540

Tips for help? 1BzbfMHCrTeLjc7eCGrYVhH3QXSRodSuke

View Profile
February 26, 2017, 12:44:22 AM

What was the price? Yuan is Ok I can convert to usd. Curious

▀
   ▄▄▄   ▄▀
   ███ ▄▄▄▄  ██
       ████
    ▄  ▀▀▀▀
▄▄
      ██    ▀▀
██▄█▄▄▄████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀███▀▀▀
██████████████████
████▄▀▄▀▄▀███▀▀▀▀▀
████▄▀▄▀▄▀███ ▀
████▄▀▄▀▄▀████████
▀█████████████████
]
CoinPayments
█████
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████
█████
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████
█████
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████
HagssFIN

Activity: 714

Electrician. Home miner.

View Profile
February 26, 2017, 12:53:41 AM

This miner is also available at www.eastshore.xyz including PSU, for a reasonable price.

leowonderful

View Profile
February 26, 2017, 01:47:43 AM

This miner is also available at www.eastshore.xyz including PSU, for a reasonable price.
They also ask for 90USD customs declaration plus shipping, not bad considering people buy this for around 1000 on other sites. Didn't notice it included a PSU.

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
BitBlender 

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
qctechno

Activity: 278

View Profile
February 26, 2017, 01:50:34 AM

They ship to Canada  Tongue are they legit ?

Unacceptable
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2017, 08:12:08 AM

Well,it's not an option if it ain't fer sale to "the people"  Cheesy

Kinda like Bitfury is an option.....if you have millions of dollars  Cheesy

"the people" are just the ones that cant seem to get over the fact that home mining should be going the way of the dodo by now. They keep buying R4s that break in a month or try and build ridiculous sound proof boxes to run a miner in their bedroom.

I share the information because am assuming there are enough people on this forum that actually matter when it comes to miner purchases (aka mining companies/datacenters buying hundreds/thousands at a time) and would like to know about alternatives.

I'm with ya there,I sold my S3+'s a year ago & went back to mining altcoins with video cards...

I build PC's from scraps I get in my town & have made back my investment on my 2-380's & 1-390 & 1-7970 many times over  Cool

Sharing "info" is good but if there only a limited amount to buy,it's of no use............

The Corporate takeover of Bitcoin will be complete in a matter of another year or two Sad

So lets find another coin & make it as strong as BTC  Cool

philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 1918

A new tool for prediction https://bitvol.info/

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 12:32:45 PM

I'm with ya there,I sold my S3+'s a year ago & went back to mining altcoins with video cards...

I build PC's from scraps I get in my town & have made back my investment on my 2-380's & 1-390 & 1-7970 many times over  Cool

Sharing "info" is good but if there only a limited amount to buy,it's of no use............

The Corporate takeover of Bitcoin will be complete in a matter of another year or two Sad

like my signature says.

I am content to let the bigboys keep btc  as long as they don't do segwit.

As segwit kills off the alt coins use .

Please support sidehack with his new miner project Send to : 1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
I mine alt coins with https://simplemining.net I see BTC as the super highway and alt coins as taxis and trucks needed to move transactions.
HagssFIN

Electrician. Home miner.

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 09:07:24 PM

They also ask for 90USD customs declaration plus shipping, not bad considering people buy this for around 1000 on other sites. Didn't notice it included a PSU.

Actually they just mean that the customs value is written 90USD, so no 90USD additional cost if I understood your text right.

And yes they are legit, I have bought two S9s from them successfully.

BTUminer

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 05:28:12 AM

Hi;

Just to update all. I bought one of their miner and receive it yesterday. To setup the miner follow this step here. FYI, I'm not reseller or etc, just a normal user.

https://www.eastshore.xyz/tour/

Swimmer63
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 05:47:25 AM

Hi;

Just to update all. I bought one of their miner and receive it yesterday. To setup the miner follow this step here. FYI, I'm not reseller or etc, just a normal user.

Are you in the US?  If so, how long did it take after you ordered for your miner to arrive?
BTUminer

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 06:55:07 AM

Hi;

Are you in the US?  If so, how long did it take after you ordered for your miner to arrive?

No, I'm not in the US. They ship the item within two weeks after the payment due to they test it before they send it to me via FEDEX to Malaysia.

PPOC

Activity: 564

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 06:08:37 PM

Anyone buy a eBit miner from https://www.eastshore.xyz and have it shipped to US? I'd like to try one out but just don't see enough good reviews (from established trusted users) of EastShore or the eBit in the US.

BTC: 1Bo6YsPeHCrVRygHLJg9BwHeaLSQpppcJi
"Lost coins only make everyone elseís coins worth slightly more. Think of it as a donation to everyone."
Unacceptable
Legendary

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 10:24:20 AM

like my signature says.

I am content to let the bigboys keep btc  as long as they don't do segwit.

As segwit kills off the alt coins use .

How will it do that...I mine Eth,sell it on an exchange for BTC,then sell that for cash....how will segwit screw that up??

Rabinovitch
Legendary

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 06:41:37 AM

I'd like to try one out

Why don't you just buy an Avalon741 instead?

From Siberia with love!
isoneguy

eat bacon!!!

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 07:21:50 AM

an avalon is less convenient to operate?

Sometime's it's not about quality or hashpower.

remember remember...
Rabinovitch
Legendary

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 07:40:51 AM

What is exactly inconvenient? Set it and forget it. ))

From Siberia with love!
isoneguy

eat bacon!!!

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 07:49:38 AM

What is exactly inconvenient? Set it and forget it. ))

I'd hoped you had the imagination to supply that information for yourself.

But if you asked nicely I could list out all the pro's and con's of both miner's...

This isn't really an ebit vs avalon thread though.

remember remember...
PPOC

Activity: 564

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 01:42:10 PM

I'd like to try one out

Already have a few 741's. if the E9 is for real, it's a bit better on power and cost so wanted to try one but looking for some trusted reviews first.

BTC: 1Bo6YsPeHCrVRygHLJg9BwHeaLSQpppcJi
"Lost coins only make everyone elseís coins worth slightly more. Think of it as a donation to everyone."
SA Bitcoin Brothers

Activity: 118

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 06:43:35 PM

I'd like to try one out

Already have a few 741's. if the E9 is for real, it's a bit better on power and cost so wanted to try one but looking for some trusted reviews first.
is it better to buy than than the S9 or T9?
beltsniffer

Activity: 257

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 07:16:10 PM

I'd like to try one out

is it better to buy than than the S9 or T9?
I have 5 of these. They seem to hash about as advertised on average. 6.4 th/s @ 882W. Not quite as efficient as the S9. As for noise, they are about the same. They don't use cgminer. If you are using remote monitoring software like awesome miner, they aren't supported as yet. The interface is kinda interesting. You can change the frequency from 400M-715M, and fan speed - Low, Medium, High. But since it's all in Chinese, it's way more cumbersome to work with.
italianMiner72

Activity: 602

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 03:24:09 PM

The interface is kinda interesting. You can change the frequency from 400M-715M, and fan speed - Low, Medium, High. But since it's all in Chinese, it's way more cumbersome to work with.

i want to buy some..
any way to get interface Language in english???
i will try to find customer support on skype to ask better...
but until now, i get no info..

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
'BTC MULTI-WALLET SOON'

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

███▀▀
▐▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▐▌
███▄▄
▀▀███
▐▌▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌▌
▄▄███
fanatic26

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 05:43:13 PM

Here is a nice tutorial someone wrote up to navigate the chinese firmware

https://www.eastshore.xyz/tour/#tab-1488103574976-21-7

finlof

Activity: 588

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 03:42:02 PM

I live in Louisiana, USA and have placed an order for 2 of these units from their website.  was able to order using paypal so I figured worst case I would just reverse the charge on my CC.  I received and email after placing my order that shipping price was not included and is an extra $100 for the 2 units.  I will be paying an additional $100 paypal invoice that they will send to me Monday (monday in china so Sunday in USA).  I will let everyone know how quickly I receive these units.
finlof

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 01:54:06 AM

wow havent posted in a while.  ignore my previous signature!
icon73

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 10:58:47 PM

I live in Louisiana, USA and have placed an order for 2 of these units from their website.  was able to order using paypal so I figured worst case I would just reverse the charge on my CC.  I received and email after placing my order that shipping price was not included and is an extra $100 for the 2 units.  I will be paying an additional $100 paypal invoice that they will send to me Monday (monday in china so Sunday in USA).  I will let everyone know how quickly I receive these units.

If you wouldn't mind, when the units arrive would you take photos and let us know how they hash?  Thanks.
finlof

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 05:14:58 PM

will do.  received and paid an invoice for the $100 shipping yesterday and have received communication from them.  I'll post here when I receive shipping info
fanatic26

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 06:18:03 PM

If you wouldn't mind, when the units arrive would you take photos and let us know how they hash?  Thanks.

The first page of this thread has the pictures I took including one showing how they hash.

They average about 6.4th/s when working. I have a number of machines that have broken 30 days uptime already. As long as they work out of the box they require very little maintenance so far.

finlof

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 06:23:30 PM

received my tracking number, and fedex tracking shows it did ship on 4/25/17 and is currently in transit.
icon73

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 03:08:25 AM

If you wouldn't mind, when the units arrive would you take photos and let us know how they hash?  Thanks.

The first page of this thread has the pictures I took including one showing how they hash.

They average about 6.4th/s when working. I have a number of machines that have broken 30 days uptime already. As long as they work out of the box they require very little maintenance so far.

I saw them.  I wanted to see if the different batches were consistent.  With the A4's the first batch was perfect, and the second batch didn't run right.
usenet

Activity: 133

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 06:08:28 AM

It's different companies. And different equipment. A4 is for LTC by Innosilicon.
As for the Ebit or Avalon so far we hear positive reviews although the Ebit sample is small.
finlof

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 01:07:06 PM

according to the fedex tracking I should get my 2 units by Monday 5/1/17.
valerio_mc

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 04:21:56 PM

according to the fedex tracking I should get my 2 units by Monday 5/1/17.
Waiting news from you, in the mean time how much did you pay including shipping ?
finlof

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 05:30:51 PM

I received 1 of my 2 Ebang e9 miners today (along with 2x Antminer T9's).  This was not Ebang's fault, it was FedEx fault.  Still waiting to receive the other one, but this one is working great.  I plugged it up, it received an IP address from my router, I browsed to it through a web browser and logged in with the default login (admin/admin).  I was expecting a Chinese interface but to my surprise it was english based.  So right off the bat I was getting more than I expected.  I easily browsed to the cgminer configuration page and entered my 3x pool info (miner address, worker, password) and saved it and it rebooted.  A minute or 2 later it was mining on my primary pool and has been running great ever since.  I will post pictures and my order experience from start to finish very soon.  I have to get some other work done today as well!
finlof

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 06:14:43 PM

all pictures I took are viewable here - https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B07Pl9krC7JDVWFTMTVpN0xVWVE

My order experience from start to finish:

Paid $1334 via PayPal for 2x Ebit 6.3Th miners on 4/16/17 around 9:30pm CST.  After payment I forwarded the paypal confirmation to ebit@ebang.com.cn (per their instructions).  I had not received a response after 24 hours so I sent another email on 4/17/17 asking if I needed to initiate a chargeback through paypal and I got a response back from Lynn Xie on 4/18/17 asking for more information for shipping.  I provided that and then I was asked for my fedex shipping account info because the $1334 did not include shipping.  I told them I wanted to know the shipping cost because if it was too much I would just cancel.  She replied back with a quote of $100.  I then added her on my Skype (username was in her email from her email) and used that as my mode of communication from then on.  I replied back saying send me a paypal invoice and I'll send payment right away.  Since it was the weekend for them (april 22 and 23) I got an invoice late on the Sunday 4/23 evening (Mon 4/24 for them) which I paid promptly.  I emailed the paypal confirmation per her request and provided her with more shipping verification (address, company name, etc).  on Mon 4/24 I received a skype message asking if I could pay $50 more for shipping, to which I replied I pay less than $100 for 2x Antminers from Bitmain and receive them within 3 days of shipping.  She checked the shipping price again and then notified me they had shipped (received that notice around 3am CST Tues 4/26).  I was provided with a tracking number and they were shipped international economy, which apparently takes 4-5 business days to get to Louisiana.

The miners look to be made well and the current one I have is hashing at almost 6.5Th.  The fact that these can be used on 110v power since they only use 900 watts or so is a bonus.  power requirements are 6x 6-pin PCIe power connectors (3 for each board) and my killawatt shows around 1000 watts, but you cant use my numbers as they only way I could power this with 110v (in order to use my killawatt) was to use 2 power supplies (1 for each hashing board).  So true power usage with 1 power supply should be closer to the 900 watts.

Overall not a bad experience with a company that I had never ordered from, allowed payment using paypal, different language, and a 13 hr time difference.  While the price per terrahash and the power efficiency is not as good as an Antminer S9 or T9, the fact that you can use 110v and get a 6.3Th miner for $717 seems to be a good deal ($717 cause that's half of $1434 total cost).
Zeek_W

Activity: 336

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 11:41:51 AM

The miners look to be made well and the current one I have is hashing at almost 6.5Th.  The fact that these can be used on 110v power since they only use 900 watts or so is a bonus.  power requirements are 6x 6-pin PCIe power connectors (3 for each board) and my killawatt shows around 1000 watts, but you cant use my numbers as they only way I could power this with 110v (in order to use my killawatt) was to use 2 power supplies (1 for each hashing board).  So true power usage with 1 power supply should be closer to the 900 watts.

Are they swtichmode powersupplies? As in do they provide 240V and 110V or just 110V?

Flying Hellfish

Activity: 847

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 09:26:51 PM

Are they swtichmode powersupplies? As in do they provide 240V and 110V or just 110V?

You're terminology is incorrect, what you're asking about is Voltage auto sensing, not switchmode.
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 01:09:16 AM

You're terminology is incorrect, what you're asking about is Voltage auto sensing, not switchmode.
Was gonna say wth myself but resisted. So much for that idea... Wink

Ya. 'Switch-mode' refers to how the power is controlled. It is chopped on-off very fast and the average on-time determines power out. Very efficient. Often used for DC regulators but also applies to AC systems eg a dimmer switch.

The other way to to it is using Linear control. Very clean output but bulky and not efficient as the voltage difference between the DC feed supply and output is directly impressed across power transistors and dissipated as heat.

-Joshua Zipkin aka Joshua Alexander leaked AMT A1 miner skype chats http://bit.ly/1Qjt6lj
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
Zeek_W

Activity: 336

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 07:35:33 AM

Was gonna say wth myself but resisted. So much for that idea... Wink

Ya. 'Switch-mode' refers to how the power is controlled. It is chopped on-off very fast and the average on-time determines power out. Very efficient. Often used for DC regulators but also applies to AC systems eg a dimmer switch.

The other way to to it is using Linear control. Very clean output but bulky and not efficient as the voltage difference between the DC feed supply and output is directly impressed across power transistors and dissipated as heat.

My bad! That's what happens when you have a few too many beers. I was meaning if the AC input side of these (I think I read that the powersupplies are included) are both !10V and 240V either with a physical switch or accept AC input voltages in the 100-240VAC range.

finlof

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 02:38:37 AM

The miners look to be made well and the current one I have is hashing at almost 6.5Th.  The fact that these can be used on 110v power since they only use 900 watts or so is a bonus.  power requirements are 6x 6-pin PCIe power connectors (3 for each board) and my killawatt shows around 1000 watts, but you cant use my numbers as they only way I could power this with 110v (in order to use my killawatt) was to use 2 power supplies (1 for each hashing board).  So true power usage with 1 power supply should be closer to the 900 watts.

power supplies are NOT included.  I used my own and was just testing these miners on 110v in order to get a killawatt reading (i should really get a 220v model).  the real issue here is these miners are actually a real product and they perform as advertised.  Anyone wanting to get some hash power in a relatively short amount of time (compared to Bitmain) should look into these as a potential solution.

one issue I do have with these miners that I didnt bring up initially is that the placement of the 6x pci-e power connectors and the RJ45 network plug is on the same side as the direction the air is coming out.  I have my miners currently in a setup where the hot air is being blown out a window, so I cant make a "nice" fit due to the power and network cables running around the miner to the back.  I dont run a large mining operation (4 or 5 miners max at a time) so it really doesnt pose that big of an issue to me.  if I were to have several of these it would pose a problem, but with 2 I just deal with it.  
Rabinovitch
Legendary

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 03:02:23 AM

But if you asked nicely I could list out all the pro's and con's of both miner's...

But why can't we compare these two miners? It's an e-bit miner discussion thread, right?

From Siberia with love!
DoctorG

Activity: 574

Lucky Games

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 05:42:06 PM

But why can't we compare these two miners? It's an e-bit miner discussion thread, right?

Its almost a carbon copy!
And at just over 600 dollars, in stock as well!
I must be dreaming....

TunerDude007

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 07:40:53 PM

Is it really as loud as an s9?
beltsniffer

Activity: 257

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 06:06:54 PM

Is it really as loud as an s9?
Yes, it is just as loud. I have 5 of them.
flameruk

Activity: 194

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2017, 03:53:31 PM

Ebang are going to release a 9th miner this month.
I saw them announce on Reddit and have messaged eBang, asked them to join here and post in this thread.
I was going to order some E9's but now I'll wait I think.

Find my P2POOL node at www.ukp2pool.uk:9332

Donations for operating node?
BTC  1CYevtGy3aqr1reuq7CFceNFAT7snsz3VM
HagssFIN

Electrician. Home miner.

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 03:13:48 PM

They now have a product page for the Ebit E9 Plus 9Th/s.
It costs 1100 USD, produces 9 Th/s hash rate and consumes about 1300 W (not including PSU efficiency).

It still has about the same hash rate per power consumption rate as the previous one.

Link: http://miner.ebang.com.cn/en/product/product-89-150.html

Quote from: Ebang
Ebit E9 Plus

Ebit E9 Miner Parameters
Ideal hash rate:  9TH/S(-2%~+10%)
Power consumption ratio on wall:145W/T(-10%~+15%,AC/DC 93%efficiency,25℃ ambient temperature)
Chip Info.:   DW1227 132pcs(14nm LPP process)      
Power interface:   9*6PIN port
Weight:   4.7KG

(click to open a bigger picture)

leowonderful

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 03:16:57 PM

It costs 1100 USD, produces 9 Th/s hash rate and consumes about 1300 W (not including PSU efficiency).

It still has about the same hash rate per power consumption rate as the previous one.

Ebit E9 Plus

Ebit E9 Miner Parameters
Power consumption ratio on wall:145W/T(-10%~+15%,AC/DC 93%efficiency,25℃ ambient temperature)

Wouldn't be worth it for realistic mining like all other products they release. At this price point buying an S9 or T9 is more efficient and gives a faster ROI with better hashrate. Unless you are a hobby miner or collect miners, wouldn't buy it at all. Even their older ebit E9 is better for a more economic miner.

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
BitBlender 

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
HagssFIN

Electrician. Home miner.

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 03:33:16 PM

Yeah, it is shame that there is such a big efficiency gap between the S9 and Ebit E9  Undecided

Rabinovitch
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 08:06:40 AM

May be the unreliability of Bitmain SHA256-miners and all the RMA issues are the price that we (miners) should pay for this hypothetically faster ROI?..

From Siberia with love!
TunerDude007

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 08:04:08 PM

if its quieter i'll take it over a S9....If anyone here has one could we get a report please.
Lera Marlow

Activity: 9

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 12:55:51 PM

all pictures I took are viewable here - https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B07Pl9krC7JDVWFTMTVpN0xVWVE

Paid $1334 via PayPal for 2x Ebit 6.3Th miners on 4/16/17 around 9:30pm CST.  After payment I forwarded the paypal confirmation to ebit@ebang.com.cn (per their instructions).  I had not received a response after 24 hours so I sent another email on 4/17/17 asking if I needed to initiate a chargeback through paypal and I got a response back from Lynn Xie on 4/18/17 asking for more information for shipping.  I provided that and then I was asked for my fedex shipping account info because the $1334 did not include shipping.  I told them I wanted to know the shipping cost because if it was too much I would just cancel.  She replied back with a quote of $100.  I then added her on my Skype (username was in her email from her email) and used that as my mode of communication from then on.  I replied back saying send me a paypal invoice and I'll send payment right away.  Since it was the weekend for them (april 22 and 23) I got an invoice late on the Sunday 4/23 evening (Mon 4/24 for them) which I paid promptly.  I emailed the paypal confirmation per her request and provided her with more shipping verification (address, company name, etc).  on Mon 4/24 I received a skype message asking if I could pay $50 more for shipping, to which I replied I pay less than $100 for 2x Antminers from Bitmain and receive them within 3 days of shipping.  She checked the shipping price again and then notified me they had shipped (received that notice around 3am CST Tues 4/26).  I was provided with a tracking number and they were shipped international economy, which apparently takes 4-5 business days to get to Louisiana.

Overall not a bad experience with a company that I had never ordered from, allowed payment using paypal, different language, and a 13 hr time difference.  While the price per terrahash and the power efficiency is not as good as an Antminer S9 or T9, the fact that you can use 110v and get a 6.3Th miner for $717 seems to be a good deal ($717 cause that's half of $1434 total cost).
There is no pictures in this link can you please update it again and any other review for this company because i am also interested to buy some of gears from them.
BTUminer

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 07:22:10 AM

There is no pictures in this link can you please update it again and any other review for this company because i am also interested to buy some of gears from them.

You can refer to their website via this link http://miner.ebang.com.cn/en/products.html

HagssFIN

Electrician. Home miner.

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 06:11:45 PM

Ebit E9 Plus

Ebit E9 Miner Parameters

And Ebang finally has this in stock!
At the moment when posting this, I can see stock: 188 pieces.

This is now a good option in the about same efficiency class as current gen. AvalonMiners.

http://miner.ebang.com.cn/en/product/product-89-150.html

ijl53

Activity: 66

CyptoLong

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 09:59:17 AM

interesting but even asics in the us can be sourced for around the same price range

Bajula

Activity: 27

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 03:50:00 AM

anyone run into where you set the new mining pools and when it reboots it returns to the original? mine is doing that every single time.
swedenrt

Activity: 50

feeldiam

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2017, 08:35:01 PM

Hi,

Can you send this to Barcelona?what is the optimized hash rate?

[MULTIBOT] ▬ Powerful multithreaded trading platform
❰▬▬ Token Sale Start 20th Oct[/url
wavelengthsf

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 04:24:00 PM

I ordered one of these yesterday.

From my experience, the sales process echoes what was previously reporting.

1) The sales prices on the website does NOT include shipping
2) In order to get the shipping price, you need to connect via Skype with one of their employees. They have their names on the site in the little skype widget.

It seems like shipping is somewhat negotiable - their initial price was $75 higher than the final price we settled on.

Will post a review once I have it up and running (and of course when it is shipped.)
Bajula

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 09:00:32 PM

Addition you "can" pay via btc, but you have to talk to them to set it up, and the "conversion rate" I'm pretty sure was someone guestimating because it was a bit high and nicely rounded. Shipping was FAST though. I got it several days earlier than I anticipated. They also seem to ignore trying to change anything from a wireless connection. On the website under support-tools there is a program you can use for configuration from a windows comp connected via ethernet cable (can be through router) The buttons are misleading though, they appear to suggest the way you are connected... but lan is to control turning on dhcp or setting static ip etc.. the cross gateway use will do mining settings/freq etc... in theory it could change settings on a whole slew of them at once. So.. kinda neat. Webinterface was all in english for this one.

If anyone finds the ssh user/pass to get it I would really like to know, I fiddle with nearly every miner I've ever gotten and it bugs me when I can't get "under the hood" software-wise.

wavelengthsf

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 06:28:18 PM

Shipping was FAST though. I got it several days earlier than I anticipated.

Did they send you any communication when they shipped?
Bajula

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 09:58:54 PM

They told me (in skype) the day they were going to ship it, then day after shipped I got on skype and asked and they gave me the tracking number. Since it was entirely in skype and via btc not sure if they would normally send info (i.e. the order never went into the system from me placing it at the website)

Side note: no #xnsub so now I REALLY want to get in via ssh and change cgminer.
freegeek

Activity: 59

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 08:11:23 AM

Can someone tell me how you can register an account on their website. When i try to login nothing happens
wavelengthsf

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 02:47:30 PM

Can someone tell me how you can register an account on their website. When i try to login nothing happens

I have to use Safari instead of my normal Chrome when I login. Their site is really not coded well.
freegeek

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 10:55:01 AM

I have to use Safari instead of my normal Chrome when I login. Their site is really not coded well.

I can not login with any browser, send them an email, no response. All these Chinese manufacturers are really a pain in the ass to deal with
wavelengthsf

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 01:29:40 PM

I can not login with any browser, send them an email, no response. All these Chinese manufacturers are really a pain in the ass to deal with

Really is best to talk to them through Skype. You obviously have to login to place an order, but all communication after that has been with the Skype names they have listed.
Philopolymath

Activity: 252

Walter Russell's Cosmogony is RIGHT!

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 01:53:16 AM

"All these Chinese manufacturers are really a pain in the ass to deal with"
Unless you speak Mandarin..which I do...(Which often just pisses them off since they can't play dumb and brush you off so easy)
I'm so fed up with Bitmain..
About time they had some serious competition..their monopoly on effective miners is killing mining and getting to be a serious threat..
Not to mention their habit of shipping so many dregs & dogs.

8x S9's and  A Polarity Controlled  Electric Gyroscope
Swimmer63
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 03:57:09 AM

"All these Chinese manufacturers are really a pain in the ass to deal with"
Unless you speak Mandarin..which I do...(Which often just pisses them off since they can't play dumb and brush you off so easy)
I'm so fed up with Bitmain..
About time they had some serious competition..their monopoly on effective miners is killing mining and getting to be a serious threat..
Not to mention their habit of shipping so many dregs & dogs.

Well I agree, at least when I have a problem.  And I don't speak Mandarin!  But when I don't have issues I'm happy it's so hard to get a miner.  It's a huge barrier to entry for your average Joe.  At least in the US.  If there were new ones available all the time on Amazon the difficulty would be even higher than it is now.  Which I know seems unimaginable.  But after years of btc being a thing, it's still hard for most people to easily get their magic money machine.  And most of the time I'm fine with that.
derkos

Activity: 20

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 07:29:39 PM

Did anyone ever manage to get the SSH credentials for the ebit miners?  

@Philopolymath - if you speak Mandarin maybe you could ask them?  :-)

It would be great if these could be controlled centrally via API instead of through their individual web interface.

Brob12321

Activity: 602

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 06:11:02 AM

While it would be great to have some competition in the marketplace against Bitmain, I'm not sure I trust this company Ebit fully to actually order from them.  It seems weird to have the price and power consumption listed on a per TH basis instead of just flat out saying it, this raises some red flags at least for me.
wavelengthsf

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 01:54:36 PM

While it would be great to have some competition in the marketplace against Bitmain, I'm not sure I trust this company Ebit fully to actually order from them.  It seems weird to have the price and power consumption listed on a per TH basis instead of just flat out saying it, this raises some red flags at least for me.

While it is not a clean ordering experience at all, being able to file a chargeback (since they take paypal) goes a lot way to holding them accountable.

My miner that I ordered last week from them arrives on Monday, so i'll happily review it then.
derkos

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 04:11:49 PM

I ordered 20 from them, so I will report back and let you know if/when I receive them.   
drewspar

Activity: 1

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 05:24:16 PM

I just ordered a few of these. Has anyone seen a translation of the browser interface page into English yet?
derkos

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 12:39:18 AM

I found this:  https://www.eastshore.xyz/tour/#tab-1488103574976-21-7
Ivan1999999

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 12:12:50 PM

Greetings to all!
We deal with the purchase and shipping of these devices. Who wants to buy this miner can contact us. We, the Russian company ROSZAKUPKA.Raspolozhuemsya in Guangzhou City! Our contacts: WeChat rostzakupka.
Cellular in China + 86-130-609-222-80 / + 86-130-6090-3990
Cellular in Russia +7 980-656-23-56
Mail: info@rostzakupka.ru
Whats app: + 7-999-786-08-07
Social networks https://vk.com/id53660984

Приветствую всех!
Мы занимаемся закупкой и отправкой этих устройств. Кто желает приобрести данный майнер может обратиться к нам. Мы,русская компания Ростзакупка.Распологаемся в городе Гуанджоу! Наши контакты : WeChat rostzakupka .
Сотовый в Китае +86-130-609-222-80/ +86-130-6090-3990
Сотовый в России +7 980-656-23-56
Mail: info@rostzakupka.ru
Whats app: +7-999-786-08-07
Соцсети https://vk.com/id53660984

wavelengthsf

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 03:04:01 PM

My eBit e9 miner showed up early, and I got a chance to play around with it.

Here's the basic stats:

• Pulls 1077 watts ( I used an EVGA 1500w power supply to test at home)
  • About 68 dB
  • Runs around 56C  
  • The UI was in English  

Some setup gotchas:

The sticker on the miner says it was supposed to be a static IP of 192.168.80.140. I couldn't get it connect at this IP, and ran wireshark to see what what happening. Turns out the sticker was wrong and it was running at 192.168.4.3.

If you can't connect to the IP on the sticker, and the address that worked for me doesn't work, you can try to use Wireshark and look for the ARP requests from "Zhejiang..." (appended with whatever the MAC address is.)

Here's an Imgur gallery of the UI and some of the setup options:
https://imgur.com/a/H4RSN
Bajula

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 01:24:47 AM

I'm getting about 1050 watts and yeah the base ip is off. mine was 192.168.4.1 - since the sticker was there it took forever for me to figure out that "hey that is just wrong" and to look it up. Still looking for ssh creds though. Sad
derkos

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 06:04:13 AM

Update on my order - I will say that it has not been a smooth ride ordering them.  I paid via US Wire and sent three emails over three days without any answer.  I then contacted them via Skype and they connected right away (someone mentioned this earlier in the thread, I ought to have known).  They located my payment, however shipping had to be handled separately from the purchase - so that money has now been sent via Paypal. I await shipping dates.
derkos

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 05:20:10 AM

I am interested to know how this process worked for others.  I have never dealt with anything like it.   I am talking with someone named Lynn Xie via Skype who after two days of conversation and additional money sent via paypal for shipping - just told me she "arranged" my order to be sent from their plan in Yunnan to her where she will ship it to me.  She said it will take four days to reach her and then she will ship them to me.

[8/21/2017 11:40:32 PM] Lynn Xie: sorry
[8/21/2017 11:40:45 PM] Lynn Xie: i am arranging your order
[8/21/2017 11:40:49 PM] Lynn Xie: Cheesy
[12:00:37 AM] derekos: have you arranged it?
[12:01:06 AM] Lynn Xie: yes
[12:02:11 AM] derekos: great.  what is the shipping information?
[12:05:56 AM] Lynn Xie: i will tell you when we send it
[12:06:21 AM] derekos: okay but when are you sending it?
[12:06:28 AM] derekos: what did you arrange?
[12:07:20 AM] Lynn Xie: you know our factory is located in yunnan
[12:07:31 AM] Lynn Xie: i arrange today, and they send to me
[12:07:36 AM] Lynn Xie: and then i send to you
[12:07:47 AM] derekos: how long does it usually take for you to receive them?
[12:08:07 AM] Lynn Xie: cuz Yunnan is isolated, so no shipping company lick them directly
[12:08:18 AM] Lynn Xie: about 4 days
Flep182

Activity: 770

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 11:05:38 AM

Logically the amount pulled per machine would be an estimate, as it's always per "succesfull" job/share that will count, and not every physical chip will be as effective as the next. So getting a Watt estimate per TH will be a more correct average effectiveness factor, as when the output differs per machine, the pull will differ in the same way.

Duey

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 11:09:56 AM

I am interested to know how this process worked for others.  I have never dealt with anything like it.   I am talking with someone named Lynn Xie via Skype who after two days of conversation and additional money sent via paypal for shipping - just told me she "arranged" my order to be sent from their plan in Yunnan to her where she will ship it to me.  She said it will take four days to reach her and then she will ship them to me.

[12:08:07 AM] Lynn Xie: cuz Yunnan is isolated, so no shipping company lick them directly

Atleast shes communicating to you, lets wait for them, these guys are middle man, they would take longer I suppose, lets just wait for a few more days, as these things are hot at the moment, things could get little bit delay. I ordered yesterday too, how did you pay for yours?
Koiner247

Activity: 10

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 12:03:57 PM

Same by me,
now i knowing a little bit more.
Thanks.

So 4 more days to wait...

Weirdest and annoyest order process EVER!

wavelengthsf

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 01:07:51 PM

Yes, it was a very odd process. I got my miner and it is running to spec, but they're not setup for scale at all. Seems like a flood of orders would quickly overwhelm them.

Ilan123

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 02:26:33 PM

Does anyone know what the actual Wattage is on their EBIT e9 Plus 9 Th/s unit? Will it be around 1400w?

fanatic26

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 03:11:47 PM

No they draw under 1200w for the 6.3th version

scavern

Activity: 120

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 05:51:12 PM

Yeah, it's not a fun experience. I paid via Paypal. Then contacted Lynn also because I hadn't heard anything. She only got back to me about 6pm their time just before she left - apparently they have many orders they are busy with. I can cancel my order because I am with PayPal but I am really hoping I don't have to.

Having to pay for shipping afterwards is not great either. I would rather place the order on the website and have someone contact me with the final figure.

I am interested to know how this process worked for others.  I have never dealt with anything like it.   I am talking with someone named Lynn Xie via Skype who after two days of conversation and additional money sent via paypal for shipping - just told me she "arranged" my order to be sent from their plan in Yunnan to her where she will ship it to me.  She said it will take four days to reach her and then she will ship them to me.

[12:02:11 AM] derekos: great.  what is the shipping information?

Atleast shes communicating to you, lets wait for them, these guys are middle man, they would take longer I suppose, lets just wait for a few more days, as these things are hot at the moment, things could get little bit delay. I ordered yesterday too, how did you pay for yours?
Ilan123

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 07:24:51 PM

So probably around 1600w for the 9 th version then? Antminer S9 gives you 13th for 1600w  Sad

wavelengthsf

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 07:55:50 PM

So probably around 1600w for the 9 th version then? Antminer S9 gives you 13th for 1600w  Sad

Should be between 1250 - 1500w based on their website.
Ilan123

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 10:09:20 PM

Should be between 1250 - 1500w based on their website.

I am tempted to order but I don't think they are going to run as efficiently as the S9 which will compromise profits by quite a bit, there was a post that said it was around 1050w for the 6 Th so on that basis I am going to assume it will be 1400w for the 9 th unit.

mano237

Activity: 87

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 09:43:12 AM

I just asked how much shipment would cost to Austria. They told me 240$ for 2 miner. I dont get it, for my Avalon Miner I only payed around 50$.  Sad So now I will not order from them..
Duey

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 10:07:02 AM

I just asked how much shipment would cost to Austria. They told me 240$ for 2 miner. I dont get it, for my Avalon Miner I only payed around 50$.  Sad So now I will not order from them..

Is this just shipping? not paypal fees+ shipping?
Duey

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 10:58:23 AM

ebang company has been very bad with customer... long waiting for replies, and then quoting high shipping fees... I think they would favour for bigger investor but still with this kind of manner, I wouldnt even invest in their product, just incase down the track one of the board is bad, gonna wait for like years to get it fix(im just exagerating but who knows?). I hope some one get better experience than I. but just my 2c, I tried to order one from them just didnt work out for me they offered return of money but my money were stuck with them for like 1 week. could have invested else where.
Koiner247

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 11:28:31 AM

So i chatted again, this time with Ivy.

The orders are going to their factory in Yunnan.
From there they ship'em to their forwarder in Hangzhou.
(taking 3 - 5 Days).
And THEN the shipping to you is happening from there.

Complete chaos.
But they hopefully have a good internal decision for that.
:-)

Me: "Hi, can you please tell me my tracking number for Order#xxx "

Ivy: "it was sent to our forwarder. when he receive the miner and give us the traking number, we will share you."

Me: "how long would this take normally?"

Ivy: "3-5 working days, because our factory is located in Yunnan Province, our forwarder is in Hangzhou, Zhejiang province. long distance"
HagssFIN

Electrician. Home miner.

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 11:29:22 AM

That all sounds like a way too complicated logistics procedure.

polylogic

Activity: 210

ʕʘ̅͜ʘ̅ʔ

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 12:22:39 PM

i am currently in the process of ordering two units from ebang
the customer support is very friendly and tries to help quickly.
response time is ok.
i have ordered 2 days ago and instantly asked via skype for btc payment info and shipping cost calculation.
when i ordered there were 160 units available, by the time i finished my order it was only 111 units.
this morning there were 0 available. but now the are currently back in stock.

there is a high demand and their payment system is not 100% perfect.
you normaly are asked to pay via paypal or banktransfer. they accept btc, but its going to be expensive.

my order was usd 2800,-
shipping usd 200,-

i had to pay 0.82 btc (current rate $4200) which converts to roughly $3500,
well yesterday $2900 would have been 0.79 btc so its all good.
but be prepared if you want to pay with btc.

now i hope shipping is quick.

▀     DeepOnion  |  TOR Integrated & Secured  [ Facebook  Telegram  Bitcointalk  Twitter  Youtube  Reddit ]     ▀
Your Anonymity Guaranteed  ★  Your Assets Secured by TOR  ★  Guard Your Privacy!   ❱❱❱ JOIN AIRDROP NOW!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  File Authenticity Guaranteed by DeepVault  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
mano237

Activity: 87

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 02:43:14 PM

Is this just shipping? not paypal fees+ shipping?

Yes its just shipping..
Koiner247

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 02:00:10 PM

Now Lynn is on holiday  Cry
Still waiting for my tracking information.
scavern

Activity: 120

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 11:24:05 AM

Spoke to Ivy yesterday... was told that I would be receiving the tracking number either then or the next day. The next day has come and gone.

If I don't get the tracking number by Friday I am just going to lodge a claim via PayPal.
Ilan123

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 05:51:11 PM

Please let us know how you get on as I have placed an order for 2 x miners to ship out on 20th Sept.

derkos

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 07:32:04 PM

I spoke with Ivy today and she told me that my miners will probably be ready for shipping today or tomorrow.  I'll update this thread.
Ilan123

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 08:20:00 PM

I spoke with Ivy today and she told me that my miners will probably be ready for shipping today or tomorrow.  I'll update this thread.

Great, good luck let us know how you get on, which model did you order?

freegeek

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 08:08:52 AM

the amateur logistics of all these Chinese mining hardware companies is ridiculous. Im also waiting on a tracking number
wavelengthsf

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 12:08:32 PM

When I ordered, they never sent me my tracking number, but FedEx Delivery Manager automatically alerts me when I have a package coming. I get a notification from them far before I get a shipped status from most retailers.
Mashy81

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 12:35:40 PM

Sorry only new here, but I have just received an E9 from Ebang. I purchased directly from Ebang by bank transfer.
I have dealt with a few Chinese suppliers over the years and waiting for tracking numbers or delays in shipping always is common.

I am away at work at the moment so I can't post actual photos of my rig, I will post soon.
It has been running for about 1 week and consistently hashing at 6.5TH/s through antpool. 100% up time

Initial setup was a pain as the IP address was different to what was printed on the machine.
But support from Ivy to setup the machine was great.
I will update if any problems
derkos

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 04:52:14 PM

I ordered 20 9Ts.  This is absolutely the most awful experience I have ever had buying something from China.  Lynn has returned and told me that her manager said they cannot take paypal - despite my already having sent them payment for shipping by paypal a week ago.  She said they will return the paypal payment and that I need to resend shipping money by wire to their bank.     I am waiting on the paypal refund, still nothing.  

Ilan123

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 05:10:58 PM

I ordered 20 9Ts.  This is absolutely the most awful experience I have ever had buying something from China.  Lynn has returned and told me that her manager said they cannot take paypal - despite my already having sent them payment for shipping by paypal a week ago.  She said they will return the paypal payment and that I need to resend shipping money by wire to their bank.     I am waiting on the paypal refund, still nothing.  

That is not good, how did you pay for the units? I paid via PayPal both for my units and for shipping. I have not heard back from them yet so I am hoping there will be no issues

Ilan123

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 05:13:07 PM

Sorry only new here, but I have just received an E9 from Ebang. I purchased directly from Ebang by bank transfer.
I have dealt with a few Chinese suppliers over the years and waiting for tracking numbers or delays in shipping always is common.

I am away at work at the moment so I can't post actual photos of my rig, I will post soon.
It has been running for about 1 week and consistently hashing at 6.5TH/s through antpool. 100% up time

Initial setup was a pain as the IP address was different to what was printed on the machine.
But support from Ivy to setup the machine was great.
I will update if any problems

Thank you

derkos

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 05:51:24 PM

That is not good, how did you pay for the units? I paid via PayPal both for my units and for shipping. I have not heard back from them yet so I am hoping there will be no issues

I paid for the units by bank wire.  Then arranged for shipping over Skype and paid for it by Paypal.   It sounds like other people paid by Paypal and have received their rigs.   I don't know why I was told that they cannot accept the Paypal I sent to them, despite the fact that they already received it.

Ilan123

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 07:15:40 PM

I paid for the units by bank wire.  Then arranged for shipping over Skype and paid for it by Paypal.   It sounds like other people paid by Paypal and have received their rigs.   I don't know why I was told that they cannot accept the Paypal I sent to them, despite the fact that they already received it.

Very strange, perhaps if you pay by bank wire for the units shipping has to be paid in the same way? Should not make a difference though really.

Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 07:22:54 PM

Perhaps they have had some chargebacks on their Paypal account and its been stopped.

Apprentice

Activity: 168

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 08:28:10 AM

I am still not convinced with this miner, especially financially. The price/Th is still higher in comparison to the S9.

The only difference for me if that this is available.
freegeek

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 02:32:16 PM

ordered 10 units, this is my timeline

made wire payment august 16
confirmed by Ebang as received August 22
Fedex China received my shipment from Ebang August 31
Estimated delivery by Fedex, September 6th

Basically in my case, it takes 3 weeks from payment until delivery (EU delivery)
derkos

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 02:39:59 AM

Basically in my case, it takes 3 weeks from payment until delivery (EU delivery)

Did you need to contact them via skype to setup shipping?   If so, how long from setting that up to Fedex China receiving your shipment?
Mashy81

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 06:42:58 AM

If you could buy an S9 for under $3000 if they are even availble then the Ebit wouldn't be an option. Do the sums and the ebit looks ok. S9 at current price and availability is not worth it for me anyway.
Pay Ebang by wire transfer. Chinese suppliers can only recieve $50k via paypal, then they must use different paypl account,  this is what I have learnt from deling with chinese suppliers over the years
Koiner247

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 07:40:55 AM

Update:

After nagging every day in skype,
i finally managed to got my tracking number.
According to feddex they deliver next week.
It seems that the "forwarder" they talking of,
is Lynn herself.

Next problem: I need an invoice for my customs office.
Sombody know if they even have invoices?
I got no response for two days now.
Ilan123

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 09:51:15 AM

Update:

After nagging every day in skype,
i finally managed to got my tracking number.
According to feddex they deliver next week.
It seems that the "forwarder" they talking of,
is Lynn herself.

Next problem: I need an invoice for my customs office.
Sombody know if they even have invoices?
I got no response for two days now.

I have not received an invoice, just an order number and confirmation on the website saying paid.

Mashy81

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 09:25:55 PM

I always get an invoice before paying. Ask for it first if dealing direct that way you have one for customs if you need proof.
However they should attach a commercial invoice to the shipment for customs.
freegeek

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 07:01:25 AM

Did you need to contact them via skype to setup shipping?   If so, how long from setting that up to Fedex China receiving your shipment?

They gave me a shipping quote by e-mail. Follow up was through Skype. I communicated very clearly what / how so I didn't run into big issues. Just takes a lot of time because Lynn and co are basically overwhelmed.
phusho

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 03:51:48 PM

I payed trough PayPal and then immediately ask for status and shipping cost on Skype. After several sentences they told me the price (230 USD), I sent them trough PayPal, and paste transaction ID in Skype. Told me OK and we will send you tracking number in Monday. I contacted them again in Monday and on question "status of order <insert your number here>", answer was just tracking number. And now I am waiting for miners.
freegeek

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 11:12:04 AM

anyone has a manual, on their website there is a support link but its empty
freegeek

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 01:03:21 PM

what is Cal alarm?
wavelengthsf

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 02:37:49 PM

what is Cal alarm?

My guess is that its the calculated hash rate being too low. I noticed once the miner got up to speed, that alarm turned off.
polylogic

ʕʘ̅͜ʘ̅ʔ

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 04:52:18 PM

i received my units yesterday. lynn and ivy are very helpfull.
have some patience, they will get back at you with good results.
fedex sends sms, wait a day and then ask for tracking number.
fedex took 6 days including weekend shipping to eu.

sadly one of the two e9+ doesnt work at the moment.
it starts but after one minute a red led starts flashing.
on other asics people call it "red light of death" or something xD
i think it indicates that the miner is not hashing.

network leds seem fine but the unit is not in my network.
ipscan and router list failed to find the device.

maybe dhcp was off in this unit with weird ip config.
not sure if this could make the miner fail, no internet on ethernet, no hashing.
the support sounded like they could help me via teamviewer.
i wasnt setup at the moment, they will try to fix it later tonight.
not sure if this will work since the device is not on network.
i really dont want to send it back  Undecided

btw fyi, the working miner came with english user interface. very nice update Smiley

▀     DeepOnion  |  TOR Integrated & Secured  [ Facebook  Telegram  Bitcointalk  Twitter  Youtube  Reddit ]     ▀
Your Anonymity Guaranteed  ★  Your Assets Secured by TOR  ★  Guard Your Privacy!   ❱❱❱ JOIN AIRDROP NOW!
freegeek

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 05:09:11 PM

not sure if this could make the miner fail, no internet on ethernet, no hashing.

btw fyi, the working miner came with english user interface. very nice update Smiley

mine also arrived today, I have one with a failed board, only hashes at 50%, board1 temperature remains low so it looks like its not hashing at all.
polylogic

ʕʘ̅͜ʘ̅ʔ

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 05:32:32 PM

mine also arrived today, I have one with a failed board, only hashes at 50%, board1 temperature remains low so it looks like its not hashing at all.

my miner gets warm like it is hashing xD (the working one gets hot Wink )

did you check all the cables? guess you did.. i think only thing you can do is send it back.
questions is if you are allowed to open and send only the broken board

wavelengthsf

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 05:39:54 PM

The IP address on mine was different than what's on the sticker. Be sure you switch your PC to the right IP subnet/network to find it.

Mine was 192.168.4.3
freegeek

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 05:49:46 PM

i really dont want to send it back  Undecided

The IP address on mine was different than what's on the sticker. Be sure you switch your PC to the right IP subnet/network to find it.

Mine was 192.168.4.3

I just look in the DHCP lease table of my router, they are all DHCP enabled (at least the 10 I got). Factory fixed ip on these miners are all over the place
wavelengthsf

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 06:04:30 PM

Mine was 192.168.4.3

I just look in the DHCP lease table of my router, they are all DHCP enabled (at least the 10 I got). Factory fixed ip on these miners are all over the place
[/quote]

Mine was definitely not in DHCP when it arrived- if it was, would've been much easier.
freegeek

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 06:24:34 PM

Mine was definitely not in DHCP when it arrived- if it was, would've been much easier.

These things have a weird setup, mine are all DHCP enabled but if they dont get an ip through DHCP they fall back to what looks to me an arbitrary fixed ip. I did some wireshark and I had different subnets
polylogic

ʕʘ̅͜ʘ̅ʔ

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 07:51:11 PM

Mine was 192.168.4.3

pc to another subnet or the router? lets see..

wavelengthsf

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 08:04:45 PM

Mine was 192.168.4.3

Just download Wireshark and listen to the ARP requests coming from the miner. Those will tell you the IP address. From there, change your IP address to be on the same network. (ex: 192.168.4.x)

polylogic

ʕʘ̅͜ʘ̅ʔ

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 09:46:59 PM

Mine was 192.168.4.3

Just download Wireshark and listen to the ARP requests coming from the miner. Those will tell you the IP address. From there, change your IP address to be on the same network. (ex: 192.168.4.x)

yes this was the best way to fix the problem.
set the ip on the pc (also use the 192.x.x.1 as gateway), internet wont work but the miner ui will be available.
use static ip from your known subnet or enable dhcp,
restart miner, setup pool, enjoy BTC
thank you very much

m00fer

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 04:14:41 PM

what is the firmware version you have on them. There is nothing available as download from manufacturers site  Angry
mnfikri

Activity: 19

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 06:45:13 PM

so all receive item right ? see like no scam hre , i going try buy one .thanks all for review

<< MN >>
leowonderful

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 07:55:26 PM

so all receive item right ? see like no scam hre , i going try buy one .thanks all for review
Seems like that's what's happening. It's good to support the lesser ASIC manufacturers too, even if they perform a little worse as it's always great to have some competition to keep Bitmain on its toes.

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
BitBlender 

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
ItsCrafty

Activity: 84

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 11:17:24 PM

Is it worth buying the 9T? the 6.3T is cheaper per 1T value. Also it will never break even if bitcoin stays the same in price... just saying...

NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 12:14:58 AM

Is it worth buying the 9T? the 6.3T is cheaper per 1T value. Also it will never break even if bitcoin stays the same in price... just saying...
What do you pay for electricity? $0.25/kWh???
For me at home ($0.15kWh) it would still pay for itself in a bit less than a year...
At work where my main farm is would be less than 2 months. Just saying...

polylogic

ʕʘ̅͜ʘ̅ʔ

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 12:50:27 AM

what is the firmware version you have on them. There is nothing available as download from manufacturers site  Angry

soft_v6.0.20.25

i have a little problem with the other one.
the website seems buggy, it gets set to chinese,
i can switch it to english but the custom data in cgminer config is fu*cked up. cant read or change anyting,
i just saw the ethernet connetion with a red warning in overview and device info all "sunbest"
now i cannot connect to website anymore

miner is still hashing.

guess i need to manualy restart it if it stops hashing xD

freegeek

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 04:28:06 AM

they send me a faulty one, i have to ship it back for repair, I have to pay shipping back to china, these Chinese companies dont have a clue about customer service
ItsCrafty

Activity: 84

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 02:52:46 PM

It sucks that they don't accept Paypal. I read here that they did in the past, so what am I missing?

wavelengthsf

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 04:40:42 PM

It sucks that they don't accept Paypal. I read here that they did in the past, so what am I missing?

They took paypal for my order about a month ago. My guess would be someone abused it and got their account locked/suspended and the easiest thing was to just stop taking it.
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 05:26:39 PM

It sucks more that they sting you for 30% increase in price if you want to use BTC

The exchange rate they give you is crazy bad, and the excuse that they have to pay high fees compared to how much they expect us to take a hit is unbelievable.

tlmoscow

Activity: 113

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 01:29:41 PM

Any feedback guys? Is shipping fast? Is possible to get broken miner right from the box?
freegeek

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 05:15:22 PM

Any feedback guys? Is shipping fast? Is possible to get broken miner right from the box?

see my earlier post, all these chinese hardware mining companies are inefficient when it comes to payment and logistics. I got one miner that arrived with a broken board and they want me to pay for shipping to return it
tlmoscow

Activity: 113

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 05:16:43 PM

1 out of 1 broken?Huh  Shocked
Steamtyme

Activity: 98

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 01:42:50 AM

Ouch sorry to hear that, I was flip flopping back and forth over whether or not to buy 1 of these or wait on Canaan. I ultimately decided to wait on my Canaan order as I am done jumping around beating myself just to get a unit up and mining again.

was this your first one from them, I have been trying to find any info possible in regards to the average failure/DOA rate for these units. Good luck resolving your issues.

freegeek

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 05:09:32 AM

No, 1 out of 10, it hashes at 50%
LavaJack

Activity: 31

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 05:20:45 AM

Do they manufacture ASIC chips in house or do they mainly assemble?
Und3rd0g

Activity: 238

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 10:07:07 PM

Does anyone know if the PSU for the E9 Plus 9T works on a standard US 110V outlet?
Koiner247

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 06:57:11 AM

E9+ runs @9,2 TH/s.
Temperature ~37 degree celsius.
But fans are extremely loud in comparison with my antminers.
Not cellar compatible! Hear em in the whole house.
I think about to digg a deep hole in the garden :-)

Can someone please measure consumption on wall for E9+?
@220V i nearly get 1600watts!
Thats a way more than tresholds on their website.
freegeek

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 08:08:23 AM

I bought 10 E9 + 10 Ebit PSU
2 already have a failed board and hash at 50%
1 PSU already failed

I have them 2 weeks

mabook

Activity: 6

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 08:14:26 AM

what is the firmware version you have on them. There is nothing available as download from manufacturers site  Angry

soft_v6.0.20.25

i can switch it to english but the custom data in cgminer config is fu*cked up. cant read or change anyting,
i just saw the ethernet connetion with a red warning in overview and device info all "sunbest"

miner is still hashing.

I had the same problem (red ethernet flag and broken clocks on Dashboard, but all miners hashing well). After hard restart Dashboard accesible but before 24h problem is back.

Today I was on Skype with Lynn, and via TeamViewer sesion, they upgrade my miners to soft_v6.0.20.28. I just looking if it solve a problem. Let's see tomorrow.
Steamtyme

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 08:38:04 AM

1 PSU already failed

I have them 2 weeks

Please post and let us know what the after care support is like. Are they charging you to ship it back for repairs? Are they providing hashrate while you are down, as stated on their website?
Thanks for sharing your experience.

freegeek

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 09:54:32 AM

1 PSU already failed

I have them 2 weeks

Please post and let us know what the after care support is like. Are they charging you to ship it back for repairs? Are they providing hashrate while you are down, as stated on their website?

i had a teamviewer session when I had a hash issue with the first one. They told me to ship it back, I have to pay for shipping.
Steamtyme

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 10:52:10 AM

1 PSU already failed

I have them 2 weeks

i had a teamviewer session when I had a hash issue with the first one. They told me to ship it back, I have to pay for shipping.

Okay that's unfortunate, is it both units? Did they mention if they are going to compensate with equal hashrate during your downtime?

freegeek

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 11:59:57 AM

1 PSU already failed

I have them 2 weeks

Okay that's unfortunate, is it both units? Did they mention if they are going to compensate with equal hashrate during your downtime?

No they did not mention. First arrived like that from China, second one was ok until yesterday, then it hash rate dropped, after reboot it stays around 3TH. So basically I have one that came half broken, other one broke down after one week, one PSU was DOA. It does not give me a lot of confidence in the company and their products to be honest. Shipping it back means extra loss of hash rate for weeks + shipping costs
Steamtyme

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 12:03:25 PM

1 PSU already failed

I have them 2 weeks

No they did not mention. First arrived like that from China, second one was ok until yesterday, then it hash rate dropped, after reboot it stays around 3TH. So basically I have one that came half broken, other one broke down after one week, one PSU was DOA. It does not give me a lot of confidence in the company and their products to be honest. Shipping it back means extra loss of hash rate for weeks + shipping costs

Yeah that definitely does not inspire confidence hopefully they take care of you. If you check their webpage it does mention covering hashrate during repair times so it may be worth a follow up. Those were the statements that had me leaning towards giving them a try.

Bajula

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 08:51:45 PM

Anyone know if they even plan to put upgraded firmware for download anytime soon?

soft_v6.0.20.25

miner is still hashing.

I had the same problem (red ethernet flag and broken clocks on Dashboard, but all miners hashing well). After hard restart Dashboard accesible but before 24h problem is back.

Today I was on Skype with Lynn, and via TeamViewer sesion, they upgrade my miners to soft_v6.0.20.28. I just looking if it solve a problem. Let's see tomorrow.
Bajula

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 03:38:45 AM

sidenote: are you trying to change it with say a laptop connected to the network via wireless? 'cause that won't work, it will reset to some default chinese based pools every time. you need to connect with something via ethernet cable. it has some built in air-gap sort of thing based on wincpap. I'm guessing this was the solution to not letting people change the web admin password?Huh  who knows what they were thinking there.
plug a cat5 into your laptop going to the same router as the ebit and voila you can change pools etc.. no problem.

soft_v6.0.20.25

miner is still hashing.

freegeek

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 05:06:48 AM

cam someone share the latest software?
mabook

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 05:17:38 AM

I have latest firmware from them (20.28), but I can't apply it (upgrade is successful, but after restart nothing changed - still old version).

mabook

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 07:27:16 AM

I have new (20.32) (https://we.tl/ETdbC02E2Q) but I was unable to upgrade it via webbrowser or via SmallToolSoftware (upgrade is successful, but after restart nothing changed - still old version). You can try. Let me know.

Today, after one hour TeamViewer session, they can upgrade this firmware via TFTP session. Lets see if this solve red flag network error.
polylogic

ʕʘ̅͜ʘ̅ʔ

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 12:52:56 PM

sidenote: are you trying to change it with say a laptop connected to the network via wireless? 'cause that won't work, it will reset to some default chinese based pools every time. you need to connect with something via ethernet cable. it has some built in air-gap sort of thing based on wincpap. I'm guessing this was the solution to not letting people change the web admin password?Huh  who knows what they were thinking there.
plug a cat5 into your laptop going to the same router as the ebit and voila you can change pools etc.. no problem.

soft_v6.0.20.25

miner is still hashing.

good tip, ill try that later, i was wireless and remote. oh no wait.
i had a vnc session with one pc connected with cable to the same lan and was using its browser to open the website.
but these devices are very low maintaince... just plugged in and it is running ever since...

derkos

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 03:47:31 AM

I just wanted to update this thread to let you know that last week I received 19 of the 20 units.   One was damaged, or lost, by Fedex and Lynn is working with them to put in a claim and send me a new one.  I will be configuring all 20 up next week.

Has anyone had any luck getting a SSH root password?   

https://i.imgur.com/7eKHW06.jpg

Bottom line, as others have said, work with Lynn and Ivy via Skype and be patient.  Despite all the oddities they do come through.

SilentMining

Activity: 37

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 03:49:18 AM

I just wanted to update this thread to let you know that last week I received 19 of the 20 units.   One was damaged, or lost, by Fedex and Lynn is working with them to put in a claim and send me a new one.  I will be configuring all 20 up next week.

Bottom line, as others have said, work with Lynn and Ivy via Skype and be patient.  Despite all the oddities they do come through.

Good to hear.  Mine left HK yesterday. 
mabook

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 08:56:15 AM

https://i.imgur.com/7eKHW06.jpg

No, but I guess that in case of my miners this password is 8-sign long (viewed during TeamViewer session - 8 asterix ;-))
mrb
Legendary

Activity: 1358

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2017, 06:12:40 PM

209 comments over 9 months and no one pointed out that the "Ebit e9" miner seems to be a clone of the Bitmain Antminer S9/T9? Even their product page http://miner.ebang.com.cn/en/product/product-89-151.html shares design elements with the S9 product page https://shop.bitmain.com/productDetail.htm?pid=00020161116015054858d0tUnBE6067E It seems that ebang just tweaked a few things (quieter fans? fewer chips? different voltage/clock?) but other than that it seems to be the same product. So ebang would be lying to say they use a custom chip "DW1227". Someone open up an "Ebit e9", examine the PCB, examine chips, and I'm pretty sure you will find a PCB similar to the S9/T9 and Bitmain BM1387 chips...
Thetaj

Activity: 168

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 09:12:42 AM

I have the E9+, the 9th version. I have to admit, it wasn't the best investment I could have made. The miner itself was ok, using it was the same as an S9. The problem is the cost and power usage. I tried tweaking the frequency down to get it to achieve better power consumption, but it seems that the miner itself is already pretty tweaked. for the price, it really isn't worth it compared to an S9. Mining is about to become increasingly cutthroat since many people are coming into mining due to the recent price boom.

Only those with cheap electricity will survive the coming year
Swimmer63
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 05:32:11 AM

I have the E9+, the 9th version. I have to admit, it wasn't the best investment I could have made. The miner itself was ok, using it was the same as an S9. The problem is the cost and power usage. I tried tweaking the frequency down to get it to achieve better power consumption, but it seems that the miner itself is already pretty tweaked. for the price, it really isn't worth it compared to an S9. Mining is about to become increasingly cutthroat since many people are coming into mining due to the recent price boom.

Only those with cheap electricity will survive the coming year

Truer words never spoken. Hate on Bitmain, and they often deserve it, but no one else has really come up with a more profitable magic money machine yet. And given how long the S9 has been on the market, Iíll bet they already have a working  replacement. I bet itís mining away in their HQ right now.
mabook

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 06:31:29 PM

I have new (20.32) (https://we.tl/ETdbC02E2Q) but I was unable to upgrade it via webbrowser or via SmallToolSoftware (upgrade is successful, but after restart nothing changed - still old version). You can try. Let me know.

New firmware (v. 20.33) - https://we.tl/zksmpBqpos
freegeek

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 08:33:48 PM

thx! Much aprreciated
fanatic26

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 08:49:53 PM

209 comments over 9 months and no one pointed out that the "Ebit e9" miner seems to be a clone of the Bitmain Antminer S9/T9? Even their product page http://miner.ebang.com.cn/en/product/product-89-151.html shares design elements with the S9 product page https://shop.bitmain.com/productDetail.htm?pid=00020161116015054858d0tUnBE6067E It seems that ebang just tweaked a few things (quieter fans? fewer chips? different voltage/clock?) but other than that it seems to be the same product. So ebang would be lying to say they use a custom chip "DW1227". Someone open up an "Ebit e9", examine the PCB, examine chips, and I'm pretty sure you will find a PCB similar to the S9/T9 and Bitmain BM1387 chips...

This is so far off base I laughed out loud when reading it. Noone pointed it out because you are 100% wrong in everything you stated. Ebang was the contract manufacturer for the Avalon A6 so if there is any comparison to be made its that they cloned the Avalon. How do you miss that in even the most basic comparison? All you have to do is look at the design. Then you claim they are lying about using their own chip. If they used bitmain chips dont you think the efficiency would be more in line with the S9?

Avalon = 2 boards per unit = 44 chips per board
Ebit E9 = 2 boards per unit = 48 chips per board
Antminer = 3 boards per unit = 63 chips per board

Avalon = 0.16 j/gh
Ebit E9 = 0.15 j/gh
Antminer = 0.10 j/gh

freegeek

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 08:52:29 PM

I wanted to give an update on my experience with the E9, as previously stated I got 10 units

- 1 was only hashing at 50% when it arrived, they did a teamviewer session and asked to ship it back

after 12 days of mining:

- another one is hashing at only 50%
- another one is hashing at only 5TH (that is below spec)

So after only 12 days I have 3 miners with issues:

1 that arrived half broken, 2 that have developed problems in the last 12 days
I also had an Ebang PSU that was DOA.

Miners are in a proper dc with proper cooling

If it continues like this I will be without miners in 2 months...
phusho

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 01:57:39 PM

thx! Much aprreciated

I by accident opened firmware archive, and what I see is that system PLL is set to 800 MHZ
mabook

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 07:43:29 PM

thx! Much aprreciated

I by accident opened firmware archive, and what I see is that system PLL is set to 800 MHZ

I saw in another previous version 600 PLL, too ;-). I supose that you should set to 750 PLL.
phusho

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 05:30:29 AM

thx! Much aprreciated

I saw in another previous version 600 PLL, too ;-). I supose that you should set to 750 PLL.

After update it is on default 750 so no point.
polylogic

ʕʘ̅͜ʘ̅ʔ

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 12:52:35 PM

Anyone know if they even plan to put upgraded firmware for download anytime soon?

what is the firmware version you have on them. There is nothing available as download from manufacturers site  Angry

soft_v6.0.20.25

miner is still hashing.

does the new firmware fix it ?

phusho

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 02:36:38 PM

soft_v6.0.20.25

miner is still hashing.

I had it on 6.0.20.32 after 3 days, yesterday I updated to 6.0.20.33 and I am waiting
freegeek

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 06:08:55 PM

soft_v6.0.20.25

miner is still hashing.

I had it on 6.0.20.32 after 3 days, yesterday I updated to 6.0.20.33 and I am waiting

can you share the firmware?
phusho

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 06:12:31 PM

soft_v6.0.20.25

miner is still hashing.

can you share the firmware?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/x5h1nyopk293b9p/btc_upgrade_6.0.20.33.tar.gz?dl=0
Marzanna

Activity: 28

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 06:25:59 PM

Tried to order Ebit miner. The stopped accepting paypal???
freegeek

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 05:08:23 AM

Tried to order Ebit miner. The stopped accepting paypal???

Apparently yes, was already mentioned few pages back
Toll-Booth-Jim

Activity: 14

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 05:32:18 AM

I just got the EBit E9 +9T or whatever the 9 Ths one.  Trying to set it up but no matter what I do I can't find an IP address that will open the control page in my browser.  Also the red light starts blinking continuously after 2-3 min of operation.  I already overpaid for it on Ebay so If anyone can help me out i'd love you forever.  One last thing, I can't seem to find any reset buttons like the antminers have.  The frame does have 2 wholes next to the Ethernet port right where they would normally be but there are no buttons in the wholes when I use a pick to try and push them.  Hopefully someone out here can help me out at least partially.  Hope everyone is well!  Happy Mining!
freegeek

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 06:55:14 AM

I just got the EBit E9 +9T or whatever the 9 Ths one.  Trying to set it up but no matter what I do I can't find an IP address that will open the control page in my browser.  Also the red light starts blinking continuously after 2-3 min of operation.  I already overpaid for it on Ebay so If anyone can help me out i'd love you forever.  One last thing, I can't seem to find any reset buttons like the antminers have.  The frame does have 2 wholes next to the Ethernet port right where they would normally be but there are no buttons in the wholes when I use a pick to try and push them.  Hopefully someone out here can help me out at least partially.  Hope everyone is well!  Happy Mining!

install wireshark and look at the arp requests to find the correct ip address. Second option is to look at the DHCP leases of your router. Mine came DHCP enabled so I could connect this way.
freegeek

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 07:21:35 AM

Their 9TH are way overpriced compared to Bitmain S9
Flep182

Activity: 770

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 08:29:38 AM

Their 9TH are way overpriced compared to Bitmain S9

If you can get your hands on a Bitmain machine, while you're ordering for far in the future with no real safety of difficulty, or what happens at all in the market.

The E9 Plus T9 (what's in a name) is being sent out the 20th of Oct, so you'd be having it at hand in about three weeks from now. Or pay 100 USD more and get it shipped right away. There's 155 in stock atm.