Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:23:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Ebit e9 miner with 6.8Th/s from Ebang company a new rival for existing producers  (Read 80425 times)
freegeek

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 07:21:35 AM

Their 9TH are way overpriced compared to Bitmain S9

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Flep182
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 08:29:38 AM

If you can get your hands on a Bitmain machine, while you're ordering for far in the future with no real safety of difficulty, or what happens at all in the market.

The E9 Plus T9 (what's in a name) is being sent out the 20th of Oct, so you'd be having it at hand in about three weeks from now. Or pay 100 USD more and get it shipped right away. There's 155 in stock atm.
phusho

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 09:28:08 AM

If you can get your hands on a Bitmain machine, while you're ordering for far in the future with no real safety of difficulty, or what happens at all in the market.

The E9 Plus T9 (what's in a name) is being sent out the 20th of Oct, so you'd be having it at hand in about three weeks from now. Or pay 100 USD more and get it shipped right away. There's 155 in stock atm.

Better mine 2 months than stay and wait, from order to mining mine take less than 2 weeks, and they are plug and forget.
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 10:27:26 AM

Better mine 2 months than stay and wait, from order to mining mine take less than 2 weeks, and they are plug and forget.
So are the S9s, so your last point is invalid. In addition, Bitmain only accepts payment in the quickly devaluating Bitcoin Cash for its current S9 batch (you quite literally lose money by the second there). Not much point to buy in the current batch imo if you don't already have shitcoin cash because of conversion and such.
Flep182
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 10:35:45 AM

So are the S9s, so your last point is invalid. In addition, Bitmain only accepts payment in the quickly devaluating Bitcoin Cash for its current S9 batch (you quite literally lose money by the second there). Not much point to buy in the current batch imo if you don't already have shitcoin cash because of conversion and such.

Which is probably why they only accept BCC, to prop up the value by forcing people to buy since lots of people apparently haven't "collected" the BCC they had when the two forked.
freegeek

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 05:00:25 AM

I wanted to give an update on my experience with the E9, as previously stated I got 10 units

- 1 was only hashing at 50% when it arrived, they did a teamviewer session and asked to ship it back

after 12 days of mining:

- another one is hashing at only 50%
- another one is hashing at only 5TH (that is below spec)

So after only 12 days I have 3 miners with issues:

1 that arrived half broken, 2 that have developed problems in the last 12 days
I also had an Ebang PSU that was DOA.

Miners are in a proper dc with proper cooling

If it continues like this I will be without miners in 2 months...

I got only 1 unit and after a couple of days it was hashing 50% as well, one of the boards was broken.

Sent it back at my own cost, they said they've fixed it and I received the "fixed" board back and when I've turned it on, it was as broken as when I've sent it for fixing.

Unfortunately it's very expensive to have it fixed since I've to pay for the shipping (both) and it was very irresponsible from their side to send a broken board back to me. It makes me wonder if they even fixed the board. A serious company would had sent me a new board.

I had 2 that were only hashing at 50% for 2 weeks but the last few days they automagically started hashing at 100%.
phusho

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 05:05:39 AM

cam someone share the latest software?

I have new (20.32) (https://we.tl/ETdbC02E2Q) but I was unable to upgrade it via webbrowser or via SmallToolSoftware (upgrade is successful, but after restart nothing changed - still old version). You can try. Let me know.

New firmware (v. 20.33) - https://we.tl/zksmpBqpos

Anyone know if they even plan to put upgraded firmware for download anytime soon?

what is the firmware version you have on them. There is nothing available as download from manufacturers site  Angry

soft_v6.0.20.25

i have a little problem with the other one.
the website seems buggy, it gets set to chinese,
i can switch it to english but the custom data in cgminer config is fu*cked up. cant read or change anyting,
i just saw the ethernet connetion with a red warning in overview and device info all "sunbest"
now i cannot connect to website anymore

miner is still hashing.

guess i need to manualy restart it if it stops hashing xD

I had the same problem (red ethernet flag and broken clocks on Dashboard, but all miners hashing well). After hard restart Dashboard accesible but before 24h problem is back.

Today I was on Skype with Lynn, and via TeamViewer sesion, they upgrade my miners to soft_v6.0.20.28. I just looking if it solve a problem. Let's see tomorrow.

does the new firmware fix it ?

I had it on 6.0.20.32 after 3 days, yesterday I updated to 6.0.20.33 and I am waiting

can you share the firmware?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/x5h1nyopk293b9p/btc_upgrade_6.0.20.33.tar.gz?dl=0

Is this firmware for the 6.3T or for the 9T only? thanks for sharing it btw!

9T, but my deduction is that firmware is same, only clock is different.
fanatic26

Activity: 756
Merit: 560

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 03:54:40 PM

I tried updating the firmware on 6 of my E9s and all of them fail in the same way. Can anyone provide tips on how to get the firmware to upgrade?

I try to upload the firmware referenced a few posts ago and when I hit upload this is all that happens on any of my machines:

Stop buying industrial miners, running them at home, and then complaining about the noise.
freegeek

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 06:19:33 PM

I tried updating the firmware on 6 of my E9s and all of them fail in the same way. Can anyone provide tips on how to get the firmware to upgrade?

I try to upload the firmware referenced a few posts ago and when I hit upload this is all that happens on any of my machines:

try another browser, for me safari did not work but firefox did
phusho

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 06:49:11 AM

https://i.imgur.com/zdrYvXB.png

try another browser, for me safari did not work but firefox did

It works with Chrome and with their EbiteMinerMini V1.0.2.50 trough tftp
Lay94

Activity: 42

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 06:39:54 PM

Bought 3 miners - 1 E9+ and 2 E9.

One of E9s was defective out of the box - problems with catching on network, and then hashing at 50%.

After few days of communicating with Ivy they admitted it is defective. I can send it for repair - at my expense. Why do I have to pay for their QA fault?

I agree that it might be good to have a competitor to Bitmain, however this competitor should be competitive, and should not make customers to pay for their own flaws

I never had out of the box problems with Antminers, so I will stick to them now. Ebang - I tried...
Toll-Booth-Jim

Activity: 71

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2017, 02:18:54 AM

I just got the EBit E9 +9T or whatever the 9 Ths one.  Trying to set it up but no matter what I do I can't find an IP address that will open the control page in my browser.  Also the red light starts blinking continuously after 2-3 min of operation.  I already overpaid for it on Ebay so If anyone can help me out i'd love you forever.  One last thing, I can't seem to find any reset buttons like the antminers have.  The frame does have 2 wholes next to the Ethernet port right where they would normally be but there are no buttons in the wholes when I use a pick to try and push them.  Hopefully someone out here can help me out at least partially.  Hope everyone is well!  Happy Mining!

install wireshark and look at the arp requests to find the correct ip address. Second option is to look at the DHCP leases of your router. Mine came DHCP enabled so I could connect this way.

Ok so I did that and I think I found the address but I'm still not getting to the miners page.  Also no matter how I turn it on, the red light never stays unblinking.  When I look at the connected dhcp figures I can  see that ip address but it sometimes goes blank just leaving the mac address on the page and then the ip will reappear.  I'm trying to contact the skype people from the ebang website.  This is kinda getting annoying.
Toll-Booth-Jim

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2017, 02:57:11 AM

I just got the EBit E9 +9T or whatever the 9 Ths one.  Trying to set it up but no matter what I do I can't find an IP address that will open the control page in my browser.  Also the red light starts blinking continuously after 2-3 min of operation.  I already overpaid for it on Ebay so If anyone can help me out i'd love you forever.  One last thing, I can't seem to find any reset buttons like the antminers have.  The frame does have 2 wholes next to the Ethernet port right where they would normally be but there are no buttons in the wholes when I use a pick to try and push them.  Hopefully someone out here can help me out at least partially.  Hope everyone is well!  Happy Mining!

install wireshark and look at the arp requests to find the correct ip address. Second option is to look at the DHCP leases of your router. Mine came DHCP enabled so I could connect this way.

Ok so I did that and I think I found the address but I'm still not getting to the miners page.  Also no matter how I turn it on, the red light never stays unblinking.  When I look at the connected dhcp figures I can  see that ip address but it sometimes goes blank just leaving the mac address on the page and then the ip will reappear.  I'm trying to contact the skype people from the ebang website.  This is kinda getting annoying.

So I've exhausted all of my ideas to try and get this miner going.  The ip it's coming up under is 192.168.4.105 but my router assigns all the devices in our network to 1 instead of 4 so that makes no sense to me.  If anyone has anything they could add that might help, i'll love you forever.
beltsniffer

Activity: 277
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 06:20:12 AM

I just got the EBit E9 +9T or whatever the 9 Ths one.  Trying to set it up but no matter what I do I can't find an IP address that will open the control page in my browser.  Also the red light starts blinking continuously after 2-3 min of operation.  I already overpaid for it on Ebay so If anyone can help me out i'd love you forever.  One last thing, I can't seem to find any reset buttons like the antminers have.  The frame does have 2 wholes next to the Ethernet port right where they would normally be but there are no buttons in the wholes when I use a pick to try and push them.  Hopefully someone out here can help me out at least partially.  Hope everyone is well!  Happy Mining!

Ok so I did that and I think I found the address but I'm still not getting to the miners page.  Also no matter how I turn it on, the red light never stays unblinking.  When I look at the connected dhcp figures I can  see that ip address but it sometimes goes blank just leaving the mac address on the page and then the ip will reappear.  I'm trying to contact the skype people from the ebang website.  This is kinda getting annoying.

So I've exhausted all of my ideas to try and get this miner going.  The ip it's coming up under is 192.168.4.105 but my router assigns all the devices in our network to 1 instead of 4 so that makes no sense to me.  If anyone has anything they could add that might help, i'll love you forever.
reset your router's starting ip to 192.168.4.1 then after you enable dhcp on the E9, you can change your router's ip back to 192.168.1.1

I had the same problem with mine when I first got it.

Edit: Of course make sure any other devices on your network, that you will need to access, are also dhcp. If not they will be not be accessible until you switch your router's ip back.
Toll-Booth-Jim

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2017, 01:21:51 AM

That worked, I didn't change it back to the original after I was finished though.  Everything in my house seems to be fine with the new IP's
Und3rd0g

Activity: 231
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 03:13:57 AM

The only way I was able to configure one of these was to setup a separate network with a spare router.  Both your PC and the unit need to be hardwired to the router to be able to access it.  From there, you can configure it and once done, it can be moved to your production network and work as expected.   These machines are a pain in the a** to configure.  Once  you get through that process, they mine quite well.
stugots2

Activity: 224
Merit: 102

Too Many Miners Not Enough Electricity

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 08:36:40 PM

is the $1400 one on their site ready for shipping now?
HagssFIN
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 1706

Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2017, 10:01:48 PM

Ebit E9 Plus 9Th/s

1400 USD shipping in stock.

1300 USD shipping after Oct. 20.

These are the choices at the moment.

stugots2

Activity: 224
Merit: 102

Too Many Miners Not Enough Electricity

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 10:35:46 PM

hmmmmmmmm  I just may buy a few now

Thanks
Und3rd0g

Activity: 231
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 10:58:08 PM
Last edit: October 10, 2017, 12:47:48 AM by Und3rd0g

I just got the EBit E9 +9T or whatever the 9 Ths one.  Trying to set it up but no matter what I do I can't find an IP address that will open the control page in my browser.  Also the red light starts blinking continuously after 2-3 min of operation.  I already overpaid for it on Ebay so If anyone can help me out i'd love you forever.  One last thing, I can't seem to find any reset buttons like the antminers have.  The frame does have 2 wholes next to the Ethernet port right where they would normally be but there are no buttons in the wholes when I use a pick to try and push them.  Hopefully someone out here can help me out at least partially.  Hope everyone is well!  Happy Mining!

The only way I was able to configure one of these was to setup a separate network with a spare router.  Both your PC and the unit need to be hardwired to the router to be able to access it.  From there, you can configure it and once done, it can be moved to your production network and work as expected.   These machines are a pain in the a** to configure.  Once  you get through that process, they mine quite well.

I was able to overcome this issue and am NOW able connected to the admin console wirelessly!  See thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2246495.0.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: