Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 02:36:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Ebit e9 miner with 6.8Th/s from Ebang company a new rival for existing producers  (Read 80425 times)
Pb67

Activity: 35
Merit: 5

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 03:07:14 PM

Hi to everybody, I've received 3 unit 2 days ago after more than 3 weeks ...... .
They start immediatly to work and after 12 hours first begin to have web interface problem, yestarday also the second, third it's ok.

https://ibb.co/miwfub

They mine correctly (I can see on slush that they are working) but I cannot do and/or check nothing from web interface, any help frome someone of you ?
Thank you

I saw the same thing, I found leaving the webui up and logged in will produce this problem, probably a problem with they way they are caching the web server on it, but, if you  just don't leave the the web ui up 24/7, it seems to always work fine if you log into it every time and then log back out. Not a problem for me because mostly I monitor the pool page for my stats and only log to the miners occasionally.
There is no ssh access unless you flash your own load on it (tekcomm can show you how for donation), and the webui restart seems to do absolutely nothing.

Thank you, I'll try your solution.
Anyone tested the tekcomm new code to to sped up the ebit ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
73blazer

Activity: 111
Merit: 17

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 03:56:18 PM
Last edit: December 01, 2017, 04:22:02 PM by 73blazer

Hi to everybody, I've received 3 unit 2 days ago after more than 3 weeks ...... .
They start immediatly to work and after 12 hours first begin to have web interface problem, yestarday also the second, third it's ok.

https://ibb.co/miwfub

They mine correctly (I can see on slush that they are working) but I cannot do and/or check nothing from web interface, any help frome someone of you ?
Thank you

I saw the same thing, I found leaving the webui up and logged in will produce this problem, probably a problem with they way they are caching the web server on it, but, if you  just don't leave the the web ui up 24/7, it seems to always work fine if you log into it every time and then log back out. Not a problem for me because mostly I monitor the pool page for my stats and only log to the miners occasionally.
There is no ssh access unless you flash your own load on it (tekcomm can show you how for donation), and the webui restart seems to do absolutely nothing.

Thank you, I'll try your solution.
Anyone tested the tekcomm new code to to sped up the ebit ?

I havn't tried his, but experimenting with other miners, it may be a bad idea to crank them up.
Those chips are probably most efficient at the 750PLL, you start using exponential more power as your crank it up to get near 13th/s and you get alot more hw errors on top of it, and more heat, and noise (from fans trying to dissipate the heat). They also become unstable and can render a board or the whole miner a brick at worst or have  to be constantly rebooted/reset at best.
While they don't publish the chip power to hash rate chart for these particular chips, they all act more or less the same, there is a sweet spot of most efficient, a balance between hash rate, power use and heat, too low  and you use the same power or more  with less hash rate, too high and you use 2/3's more power to get 1/5 more hash rate.
If you know anything about chip manufacturing, of your end result mass produced chips , some will be much better/stable at higher freq than others from the same batch. Sometimes they pick the cream of the crop and make those run higher and market them as something different/better, in the case of asics it would be difficult and complicated for the HW and the SW to manage the 120 or so chips in these miners to all run at different freq/vcore, so they come up with a baseline where they should all work good at. Your start cranking up the freq/vcor (PLL) and some of the chips are likely not to take it. One on a board goes out, the whole board goes, not just that one. It is possible these are entirely stable at 13th/s, but at the very least you will use alot more power, it's not a linear relationship once you start cranking up the input juice

For example, this chart is for an older bitmain chip:
Freq   GH   Vcore    Power   J/GH
100   11.00     1.26     3.67          0.33
125   13.75     1.26           4.48         0.33
150   16.50     1.26           5.27         0.32
175   19.25     1.26           6.12         0.32
200   22.00      1.32   7.43         0.34
225   24.75      1.36   8.73         0.35
250   27.50      1.40   10.11      0.37
275   30.25      1.46   12.25         0.40
300   33.00      1.50   13.98         0.42

The best use for tekcomm's method is to secure your miner from stupid stuff like admin/admin id/passwd, and to get the ssh so you can mass admin them, and to be able to remotely reboot them.
smartass111

Activity: 113
Merit: 21

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 10:07:29 PM
Last edit: January 25, 2018, 09:43:36 PM by smartass111

I'd like to share some findings about Ebit E9+.
First of all you need to obtain ssh root access to your miner. It allows you to remotely restart hanging webapp, restart device like AC power reboot and do much more things
Once root access obtained you will always be good even after SW update through web.

I found two ways to do that
- first is more complex, requiers some soldering/repairing skills - but always work and you can use it as fallback path even after unsuccessful flashing
- second is fully remote, requiers only web access to your miner. Also I can offer some more options here - change web password to your own, remove snmp
_______________________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________________
First method using HW access crack
upd edited 24 Dec 2017 - people isn't so thankful for my time, if someone wants to write own instruction welcome

you have to use usb-ttl adapter and hack it using u-boot
requires some soldering and overall embedded SW skills (like routers etc)
post here if you have some problems with uboot - will give some hints

_______________________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________________
Second method, fully remote and pretty quick
upd. due to lack of interest previous method is no longer supported. Thanks all who collaborated

But I can provide you with FW that automatically changes root password (will need mac address of your miner)
Also optionally I can add some things:
1. removed admin/admin access and new given credentials
2. secured snmp access

Not for free, but in general less than 1 day of your miner work - PM if interested
Pavel.Khardikov

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 08:43:04 AM

smartass111, fan speed control will be possible?
smartass111

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 10:31:23 AM

I didn't find direct fan settings
either temp configs are related to fan control - then you can try to adjust it through ssh/web
or it is internal miner software logic - no options than unless you try to use own compiled miner
Djscratcha

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 12:44:08 PM

Hello im wondering if anyone could help me out. I've bought an ebit e9 plus before and had no problems, set it up relatively easy within 10mins was all working fine hashing at 9th etc.

I placed another order of 10, some units are working fine but i have several that when fully connected same as the working units i can't find an i.p at all. Nothing appears through my router and i've tried using an i.p scanner to find it as well but to no avail.

Kind of lost on what to do now and any help would be great!
73blazer

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 03:35:01 PM

Hello im wondering if anyone could help me out. I've bought an ebit e9 plus before and had no problems, set it up relatively easy within 10mins was all working fine hashing at 9th etc.

I placed another order of 10, some units are working fine but i have several that when fully connected same as the working units i can't find an i.p at all. Nothing appears through my router and i've tried using an i.p scanner to find it as well but to no avail.

Install wireshark on a laptop, connect laptop network port to miner network port, call up wireshark and the arp messages will tell you what ip. Change your laptop network to a different address on that found subnet, connect to miner webui, change ip to what you want.
73blazer

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 05:01:34 PM

I didn't find direct fan settings
either temp configs are related to fan control - then you can try to adjust it through ssh/web
or it is internal miner software logic - no options than unless you try to use own compiled miner

After analyzing 40 and 42 softwares, the only difference is in the aforementioned homebrew version of cgminer and it appears most of their time was spent messing with fan control, it appears to me they are being very, very careful with how they modulate the fans, they want a very specific relationship  between the input and exhaust fan, each board has three temp sensors, so 9 total, and they keep adjust fan speed based on readings. Given that it appears they spent time on this, they must have a reason to expend such expense. They also lowered pll thres from 800 in 40 software to 780 in 42.

smartass is correct that there is no direct fan control, it's baked into the cgminer logic that is compiled, but they have a number of temp control conf files that can be used to indirectly manipulate fan speed based on the thresholds in those conf files, but I'm not sure I'd want to. What would be ones purpose in taking over control of the fan speed directly?
Djscratcha

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 06:18:19 PM

Install wireshark on a laptop, connect laptop network port to miner network port, call up wireshark and the arp messages will tell you what ip. Change your laptop network to a different address on that found subnet, connect to miner webui, change ip to what you want.

Thankyou so much! worked like a charm!  Cheesy Cheesy
alexsl809

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 08:38:33 AM

Honestly, I do not recommend to deal with Ebit at all. Now I understand that it was my huge mistake to transfer the payment to Ebit. I dealt with cannan and bitmain before and they are far ahead of these crooks.
I placed the order with Ebit for the November batch, transferred the requested amount and it took some patience to get payment confirmed by Lynn through Skype. When the shipping date approached, I contacted Lynn again to confirm the tracking number, but none replied for 3 days and I dialed the hotline. They connected me with Lynn and she said there-there is no miners to be shipped because they are out of stock! I kindly asked her when they would be available and she replied that has no clue when they would be available again! She said if I do not want to wait, they can transfer a refund and I agreed to it.
Now, for almost a week she was replying by skype requesting my bank details etc but no reply on when the refund is going to be processed! That is really a ponzi company without proper customer support. Again, I have dealt with Chinese companies a lot, but such a bad experience the first time...
73blazer

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 01:43:11 PM

I especially like the way the clock resets to midnight on July 21st 2010 everytime you reboot.
What kind of epoch is that and why is it starting from epoch every time?!??!?!?!?

onegiantcock
Copper Member

Activity: 96
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 10:12:15 PM

DON'T DOWNLOAD ANYTHING without VIRUS scanning if before install!  Don't trust anyone. I made the MISTAKE of donating to one of these so called hackers (punk-ass crook who needs a fractured skull) (not smartass11 BTW)  Got a nice pile of malware.  Avoid promises of delivery based on donation up front.  It's a scam/hoax/malware/bullshit.  You've been warned.
fanatic26

Activity: 756
Merit: 560

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 10:30:42 PM

Why would people pay for firmware that will just damage the unit? Overclocking asics is just plain stupid. Even if they survive the machine will drop the s7 levels of efficiency. Also it sounds like none of these guys understand how the fan controls work, yet another failure point. Also, $15 per unit for firmware? fuck you.

Stop buying industrial miners, running them at home, and then complaining about the noise.
smartass111

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 11:17:03 PM
Last edit: December 05, 2017, 01:40:18 AM by smartass111

Why would people pay for firmware that will just damage the unit? Overclocking asics is just plain stupid. Even if they survive the machine will drop the s7 levels of efficiency. Also it sounds like none of these guys understand how the fan controls work, yet another failure point. Also, $15 per unit for firmware? fuck you.

Try it for free, your rep is good enough for that. If you think than that this work doesn't deserve some fee - okay than.
There is only ability to overclock, and ssh added - for everything else you decide how to use.

And you always can keep using second bank

As for proof against unit damage etc - I recorded video with ebit e9+ updating using this FW
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-1HbVozjc4P5d9ybRoF7bphFoJIvQG57/view

And sadly to hear such words since I also provided detailed steps how to get that access yourself without any fees. But it takes time per unit and requires some skills (you can ask how much that cost in any laptop/cellphone repair shop)

About fans. they are controlled directly by miner software (it is separate module), not by linux OS
all I understood - in latest FW (40, 42) they try to keep temp around 60C for the hottest board (this value is set in one of config files)
to control fan speed on your own I see 3 options
- keep using existing control, play with available settings
- rewrite and rebuild own cgminer (very hard work in general)
- external control (detach blue wire for max cooling, buy/develop some 555-based michrochip circuit and attached it to the wire)

more about access, what you get as a user:
- ability to upload new FW even with broken UI
- ability to restart unit remotely
- ability to change webUI password
- ability to restart just hanging UI
- secure it little bit if you want (snmp, firewall etc)
- explore things if you are a little bit familiar with linux
73blazer

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 11:32:33 PM

I think the object was to secure the thing, not so much to overclock it.   They come shipped with admin/admin for the web interface with no way to change it, damn near wide open snmp active,  and no ssh access so you can't administer them enmasse very easily without remote command line access not to mention there is no way to shut them off remotely without ssh, so if you sent your miner to a farm for cheaper power or your away for weeks at a time from your miners and the price of BTC drops dramatically...people want a way to shut the thing off.
I believe I posted many days ago on the very subject of "why do you want to overclock it" and all the caveats with overclocking your asics, and also on the subject of "why do you want to take control of your fans" when the manufacturer seems to have gone through great lengths to keep very specific control on the fans.
But, some people want to overclock and mess with their fans anyway, who is anyone to judge them. Mabey they just want to play, learn, mabey they don't care about efficiency or lifespan,  who knows. It's their miner, they can do what they wish with it.
naka.s

Activity: 5

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 06:18:56 PM

I think the object was to secure the thing, not so much to overclock it.   They come shipped with admin/admin for the web interface with no way to change it, damn near wide open snmp active,  and no ssh access so you can't administer them enmasse very easily without remote command line access not to mention there is no way to shut them off remotely without ssh, so if you sent your miner to a farm for cheaper power or your away for weeks at a time from your miners and the price of BTC drops dramatically...people want a way to shut the thing off.
I believe I posted many days ago on the very subject of "why do you want to overclock it" and all the caveats with overclocking your asics, and also on the subject of "why do you want to take control of your fans" when the manufacturer seems to have gone through great lengths to keep very specific control on the fans.
But, some people want to overclock and mess with their fans anyway, who is anyone to judge them. Mabey they just want to play, learn, mabey they don't care about efficiency or lifespan,  who knows. It's their miner, they can do what they wish with it.

It is always good to do some R&D, just make sure the equipment has costed you some money and there is a lot to be made out of the devices.
tekcomm

Activity: 9

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 07:11:13 PM
Last edit: February 16, 2018, 12:19:59 AM by tekcomm

Quote from bitmain:

"We hereby declare that this function is designed for those mine workers who trust their miners to a mining plant, to allow them to remotely shut down miners when miners are stolen or detained without permission, and meanwhile to provide tracing clues to the law enforcement agency. Just like the function of remote removal and shutdown provided by many smartphone manufacturers, Bitmain will never employ the function without miners’ permissions. This feature is especially important when thefts or mine staffs’ delinquency happen in mining plants."

I already found similar code in the ebang miners and posted it to the forum.

onegiantcock
Copper Member

Activity: 96
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 02:35:41 PM

Smartass11 is only asking for $15 and actually provides something useful. AVOID TEKCOMM - he is a threat to you and your miners. He's a blackhat punk hacker who poses as being helpful - asks for $50+ to install his "honest mistake" malware so he can steal from you some more. Then gives grade school bullshit excuses and after he gets paid.  The very definition of a SCAMMER.
freegeek

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 03:45:10 PM

All, there is no need to pay someone for some fancy firmware, put your miners behind a statefull firewall like an ubiquity edgemax ($70) and just block all inside to outside ip connections that have nothing to do with the pool you are using. Manage your miners via an encrypted vpn (ubiquity supports ssl and ipsec) and you are golden.
smartass111

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 04:21:40 PM

All, there is no need to pay someone for some fancy firmware, put your miners behind a statefull firewall like an ubiquity edgemax ($70) and just block all inside to outside ip connections that have nothing to do with the pool you are using. Manage your miners via an encrypted vpn (ubiquity supports ssl and ipsec) and you are golden.

Actually if you are running miners behind some NAT (in internal network behind router) - you don't need to worry about firewall I think

You may worry about china soft itself (inbound connections that cgminer make) - for example there are china pools hardcoded for sure

Just now ssh is just very very handy way to manage your miners remotely. And some insurance for cases when WebUI went down.
May be some more things and modifications will come in future (like nxsub support or fan control)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: