Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 02:23:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Ebit e9 miner with 6.8Th/s from Ebang company a new rival for existing producers  (Read 80425 times)
Anonym777

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 01:03:47 PM

Hi. Who have or use a firmware of user tekcomm for 11,5th ?

Send me a PM - I have some info for you re: tekcomm

Hi. I can not to send you PM. I see this text:
User 'onegiantcock' has not chosen to allow messages from newbies. You should post in their relevant thread to remind them to enable this setting.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
onegiantcock
Copper Member

Activity: 96
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 02:46:35 PM
Last edit: January 30, 2018, 08:02:48 PM by frodocooper

Hi. I can not to send you PM. I see this text:
User 'onegiantcock' has not chosen to allow messages from newbies. You should post in their relevant thread to remind them to enable this setting.

My bad. Try again.

(Moderator's note: This post was edited by frodocooper to fix broken quote formatting.)
Anonym777

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 05:38:35 PM
Last edit: January 30, 2018, 08:03:45 PM by frodocooper

My bad. Try again.

Can not again.
Send me PM. I am open for it.

(Moderator's note: This post was edited by frodocooper to fix broken quote formatting.)
jeryenergy

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 02:30:20 AM

I could use some help with a sticky situation.

My E9+ got hacked as I was setting it up and the hacker locked me out. Web gui login doesnt work, ssh neither. I managed to telnet into it with admin/admin and saw the hacker's username and pool settings he entered to use the machine to mine in his favor. I managed to do a factory reset from telnet, and the only change I see is the destination pool is now back to the ebit manufacturer's default pool, but passwords etc still not working and have not been reset. I tried holding in the pin hole reset button for 40+ seconds and nothing happens at all.
It seems I can see the status of almost everything throught the telnet commands but I cant set or save anything.
I tried contacting Ebit support and as I expected, no reply.
At this point I am considering buying a used controller on ebay and get it over with.

Any help? I would be happy to give a bitcoin contribution for help to regain access to the controller.

Thanks!

- Jery
Raymond_B

Activity: 504
Merit: 71

Just Getting Started...

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 02:34:10 AM

My E9+ got hacked as I was setting it up and the hacker locked me out. Web gui login doesnt work, ssh neither. I managed to telnet into it with admin/admin and saw the hacker's username and pool settings he entered to use the machine to mine in his favor. I managed to do a factory reset from telnet, and the only change I see is the destination pool is now back to the ebit manufacturer's default pool, but passwords etc still not working and have not been reset. I tried holding in the pin hole reset button for 40+ seconds and nothing happens at all.
It seems I can see the status of almost everything throught the telnet commands but I cant set or save anything.
At this point I am considering buying a used controller on ebay and get it over with.

Any help? I would be happy to give a bitcoin contribution for help to regain access to the controller.

Thanks!

- Jery

So you do have local access to the miner correct? 1st thing you need to do is make sure it is no longer exposed to the Internet. I am assuming you left it open to the Internet as it has been widely reported by hackers that some 2700+ miners have been left wide open. My guess is that they also flashed the firmware to something of their own doing if a factory reset does not help.

jeryenergy

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 03:05:08 AM

Thanks!

- Jery

So you do have local access to the miner correct? 1st thing you need to do is make sure it is no longer exposed to the Internet. I am assuming you left it open to the Internet as it has been widely reported by hackers that some 2700+ miners have been left wide open. My guess is that they also flashed the firmware to something of their own doing if a factory reset does not help.

Yes of course, its actually turned off at the moment, no point wasting power to mine for someone else. It does appear that they did flash it with a homebrew fw. Nothing I've tried has worked. How can I reflash it? I have a copy of the manufacturer's latest fw, but without login permissions I have no idea how to get it on the controller.
Raymond_B

Just Getting Started...

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 03:14:23 AM

Thanks!

- Jery

Yes of course, its actually turned off at the moment, no point wasting power to mine for someone else. It does appear that they did flash it with a homebrew fw. Nothing I've tried has worked. How can I reflash it? I have a copy of the manufacturer's latest fw, but without login permissions I have no idea how to get it on the controller.

OK, good deal, yeah it might be new controller time. Let me poke around with the firmware and see if I can figure something out. Not to add insult to injury, but have you put proper security in place? I'd hate to see you spend time and money and then have them do it again.

jeryenergy

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 03:25:12 AM

Thanks!

- Jery

OK, good deal, yeah it might be new controller time. Let me poke around with the firmware and see if I can figure something out. Not to add insult to injury, but have you put proper security in place? I'd hate to see you spend time and money and then have them do it again.

Yes the other machines are secure. This hacker got a lucky shot right when I was setting it up. Thanks for the help. Also, any idea where I can get a cheap controller from? I dont see any on ebay at the moment.
Raymond_B

Just Getting Started...

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 03:34:49 AM

Thanks!

- Jery

Yes the other machines are secure. This hacker got a lucky shot right when I was setting it up. Thanks for the help. Also, any idea where I can get a cheap controller from? I dont see any on ebay at the moment.

I do not, sorry Sad Maybe look in the marketplace here?

Anonym777

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 07:10:12 PM

My bad. Try again.

Can not again.
Send me PM. I am open for it.

nhminer

Activity: 473
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 06:58:49 PM

Thanks!

- Jery

Have you tried using the miner utility from Ebit?

BCH - 1EshwUEg9LRbY5WMSw7bkBGQUYQeenkcet
jeryenergy

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 08:51:40 PM

Thanks!

- Jery

You mean EBitMinerMini... ? Yes of course. Its only really useful to find the machine on the network when you dont know the IP and set DHCP. Nothing else can be set with it. Having the password is everything, and I cant find out how to reset it.
nhminer

Activity: 473
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 04:58:56 AM

You mean EBitMinerMini... ? Yes of course. Its only really useful to find the machine on the network when you dont know the IP and set DHCP. Nothing else can be set with it. Having the password is everything, and I cant find out how to reset it.

You should also be able to reflash the firmware with it

~nh

BCH - 1EshwUEg9LRbY5WMSw7bkBGQUYQeenkcet
Bajula

Activity: 166
Merit: 16

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 01:15:31 AM

Todo:
pool crack ssh password
PM Me for the private working group chat with books, firmware, toolchains, smtp miner interface software, and alot more Smiley
Hello. My english is bad. Somewhere I use a translater. Thaks for anderstand)

Do you give a firmware which do 11.5 Th for e9+ on stock APW and I will have ssh way for command to my asic? Do I understand correctly?  
I need to know which will be temperature around asic for working on 11.5 Th?
Will can I do entering by web-interfece in asic on your firmware?
How much donate for it now? ))  

I want to chat of  private working group)

I do not know what happened to tekkcom, but the other guy who was doing firmware is probably around here somewhere.  I'm still interested in some of those features as well. esp having xnsub but being able to open more choices for the pll would be nice. I'm broke at the moment though hehe.
dgoeller

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 09:07:22 PM

Does anyone around have a copy of the firmware for an E9 (not E9+)?  I have apparently "upgraded" my E9 with E9+ firmware and bricked it Tongue
smartass111

Activity: 113
Merit: 21

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 11:09:59 PM

Does anyone around have a copy of the firmware for an E9 (not E9+)?  I have apparently "upgraded" my E9 with E9+ firmware and bricked it Tongue

1. what do you mean by "bricked", more details plz?
2. how do you plan to upgrade back bricked unit?
cpuguru

Activity: 3

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 02:58:21 AM

I'm curious as to how you upgrade the E9 - I got one for use with a project I'm working on and I'd like to switch the Web UI to use English (currently Chinese) and to update the firmware. It's a tad flaky in that it'll run for a while and suddenly stop mining & stop responding to the web interface. My only recourse is to power it down, wait a few seconds & turn it back on again.

Sometimes it'll mine for a day, sometimes for an hour or so.

Thanks for any leads.
cpuguru

Activity: 3

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 12:55:02 PM

I've emailed eBang a few times, support & sales, about getting manuals and firmware for the E9 but so far no joy.
dgoeller

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 06:47:04 PM

I say it is "bricked" because it is basically useless at the moment.  It stays in a constant reboot cycle.  It never starts mining before it reboots, but I can get to the various web pages for about 1 minute.  I believe I have time to download firmware to it before it reboots, but don't have the right firmware file.  All I  have and can seem to get is for an E9+.  I have read through all the posts here and it seems the only firmware ever discussed is for the E9+, never the E9.  Any idea where to get it?  There is obviously no support forthcoming from the a$$holes at eBit. 

Thanks
Bajula

Activity: 166
Merit: 16

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 09:45:45 AM

I say it is "bricked" because it is basically useless at the moment.  It stays in a constant reboot cycle.  It never starts mining before it reboots, but I can get to the various web pages for about 1 minute.  I believe I have time to download firmware to it before it reboots, but don't have the right firmware file.  All I  have and can seem to get is for an E9+.  I have read through all the posts here and it seems the only firmware ever discussed is for the E9+, never the E9.  Any idea where to get it?  There is obviously no support forthcoming from the a$$holes at eBit. 

Thanks

Something else must be wrong as the latest update works for both the regular e9 and the e9+ - an important thing to keep in mind as I sold mine, and then had it returned as it would not connect or begin mining is that baidu thing brought up early on in the thread. - I believe that if it "thinks" you are mining from a location that was not the original purchaser's location (even if you ARE that person) it kills it. so FIRST try to put that address in your hosts file (can't remember it now) and 127.0.0.1 on the computer that you are using to reach the web interface.. THEN even if it is in chinese switch to the other bank, hard reset (shutdown psu) then after getting it back up, see if it still refuses to connect to the internet. Not 100% sure on how to trick it into thinking it was in the original location if that is what it needs, but I'm pretty sure it gets location data from the pc you are connecting with not the miner.

disclaimer: I'm not truly clear on if this will work, I only know that when the guy mailed back the miner it worked on my end. the rest is my guess as to what is going on. If it doesn't work, holler at me and I'll see if I can't figure out some other way.

secondary would be to see if you can't get someone who has worked out firmware that let's them in to ssh - I'm sure a few people somewhere have copies. (side note if anyone has one with xnsub and ssh access I'm looking hehe.)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: