Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:51:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 10 Commandments of BitCoin  (Read 4489 times)
Erdogan
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 03:07:57 PM

The golden rule: Those with the coins, rule.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Erdogan
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 03:39:41 PM

It was Jesus who got angry at the "money lenders" at the temple.  In a way Bitcoin supports Jesus's message.  That why I am fell offended my the OP mocking the bible and using the 10 commandments as a joke when it should be respected.  Why don't people mock the other religions? Its always the Christians and no one says anything about it..You all agree and mock Christ and the Christians by supporting this thread.

Sorry, you do not have the right to walk around unmocked as a group. Nobody has.
jesse11

Activity: 333
Merit: 250

Ants Rock

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 07:25:41 PM

Relax saybia, Just remember:  But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory 1Cor.15:57  Grin  and For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth Is.65:17

And the 11th Commandment of BitCoin: Thou shalt multiply BTC 7 times 70 to bless your people and all the people of the earth  Smiley    

Mining with: BE's,BE Cubes, K16's, AntMiners U1's and AntMiners S1's
b¡tco¡n

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Correct Horse Battery Staple

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 07:58:51 PM

Thou shall not tell other people with Bitcoins what thou should do with them.
Thou shall not make religious analogies to agnostic currency.

1GiB1jQnqjwmNW4U4i8autnnVb1fG8HTYM

This would be my avitar; http://s9.postimg.org/m2pzsiy57/avi.png
allenove

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 05:26:49 PM
Last edit: April 08, 2014, 09:46:39 AM by allenove

It just dawned on me that we are being trolled by saybia.

I'll be deleting my responses to him to avoid feeding the troll unnecessarily.

Maybe, but anyway discussing with religious types is kind of tiresome,
as their path of progress is towards ignorance.
Anyway who cares. The wear on my keyboard was light.

Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 05:36:22 PM

Bitcoin is like the exact opposite of Fight Club. Because it seems like the first rule about Bitcoin is that you don't STFU about Bitcoin.

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4458

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 05:41:21 PM

thou shall not give privkey to thy neighbour
thou shall not use third parties as banks
thou shall not download random programs on 'spending' pc
thou shall not blame others for own mistakes

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 07:24:46 PM

Of course there are many versions of "The Ten Commandments" depending on which particular Christian sect you choose to follow.

Here's a quick attempt at a Catholic version?

• I am the bitcoin, thy currency. Thou shall not have any other currency besides me.
  • Thou shall not take the name of the currency in vain.
  • Remember the halving day to adjust your block rewards.
  • Honor the decentralized nature of the bitcoin to prevent a mining pool cabal from controlling your destiny.
  • Thou shall not kill your bitcoins, protect your private key.
  • The bond between your bitcoins and your private keys is sacred. Thou shall not place your bitcoins under the control of someone else's private keys and still consider them to be yours.
  • Thou shall not steal the private keys of others or use them to take control of bitcoins that do not belong to you.
  • Thou shall not bear false witness against the trust reputation of others.
  • Thou shall not covet the rewards of the early adopters.  You too are an early adopter, and would not want others to covet your rewards in the future.
  • Thou shall not covet the wealth of those who are successful.  You are offered the same freedoms and opportunities to generate your own wealth.

Thou shall not covet the wealth of those who are successful.  You are offered the same freedoms and opportunities to generate your own wealth.
^^^
Does that include starting a great new alt coin?

franky1
Legendary

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 07:53:44 PM

I am truly disgusted by the anti-religeous attitude around here.  First the OP posts a so called bitcoin list of commandments obviously mocking Christ and his followers.   Then others join in when I point it out.  By disrespecting the true faith, in a way they are supressing me and other people's religion.  How can we supposeldy be free to worship when met by such derision?  They should just delete/close this thread.  A true abomination!  Angry  

surpressing you? how is a few words on a forum stopping you from praying at night and on sundays. its just words.. learn to turn the other cheek.

if you believe you have the freedom to judge others and treat them as less then equal. then others have the freedom to judge you and treat you as less then equal. not because of religion, but because your a hypocrit

Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Erdogan
Legendary

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 08:00:30 PM

I am truly disgusted by the anti-religeous attitude around here.  First the OP posts a so called bitcoin list of commandments obviously mocking Christ and his followers.   Then others join in when I point it out.  By disrespecting the true faith

How can ever faith be true? The point with faith is that you don't know, you don't want to know. This is the opposite of truth, it is willful ignorance.

, in a way they are supressing me and other people's religion.

You have not been suppressed here. Its speak. No violence, no threat of violence, no fraud, no scam. Your rights have not been trampled on. You have not been abused. You have not been forced into submission.

How can we supposeldy be free to worship when met by such derision?  They should just delete/close this thread. 

How? Just do it.

A true abomination!  Angry 

Fair enough, just take responsibility for your own feeling. Nothing here could have created it, it is within yourself.

Is everyone an athiest here?  Doesn't anyone care? Whatever happened to freedom of religion?

As far as I can tell, freedom of religion is alive and well here. Is somebody here preventing you from practicing your religion in some way?
jesse11

Activity: 333
Merit: 250

Ants Rock

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 08:05:16 PM

Grin The 11th Commandment of BitCoin: Thou shalt multiply BTC 7 times 70 to bless your people and all the people of the earth  Grin  

Mining with: BE's,BE Cubes, K16's, AntMiners U1's and AntMiners S1's
Erdogan
Legendary

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 08:14:42 PM

Don't betray your friend for 30 bitcoins.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4613

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 08:15:04 PM

lightfoot
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 2239

I fix broken miners. And make holes in teeth :-)

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 08:22:53 PM

This is so sacrilegious and mocking of Christianity.  Are you happy now?
Actually it's um... Judiasm.

C
Erdogan
Legendary

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 08:49:25 PM

Maybe, but anyway discussing with religious types is kind of tiresome, as their path of progress is towards ignorance. Anyway who cares. The wear on my keyboard was light.
coinyear

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 09:41:29 PM

The golden rule: Those with the coins, rule.

Good point.
counter

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 09:44:09 PM

Man I'm really liking this idea ...  I"m really liking this idea alot.  But it should be a bunch of jokes it should really be an attention grabber and be used as a tool to attract newbies.
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 09:48:20 PM

the feeding of the 5000
jesus was handed 5 loafcoins and 2 fishcoins. he forked their blockchains and gave each disciple an altcoin

krodmandoon

Activity: 434
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 11:02:04 PM

Fantastic. Both the mockery and the troll.

Thou shall not mine and expect ROI.

He saw the network and He saw that it was good.

Legendary

Activity: 1623
Merit: 1067

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 01:06:36 AM
Last edit: March 29, 2014, 01:30:29 AM by 1369

Man I'm really liking this idea ...  I"m really liking this idea alot.  But it should be a bunch of jokes it should really be an attention grabber and be used as a tool to attract newbies.

This is a great idea! & remember, we alt(ar)coin boys are only jealous of you, the bitcoin priests & thus our trolling is that of secret admiration.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: