Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 10:25:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think "iamnotback" really has the" Bitcoin killer"?  (Read 79918 times)
iamnotback

Activity: 336
Merit: 265

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 08:00:29 PM

I saw you talking positive about byteball and it's creator. Do you think it's a good buy right now?

I haven't been following the price and exchange issues for Byteball, so I don't know anything about timing.

There is something technically important in Byteball. My criticisms were basically (last I checked a couple months ago):

* the set of witnesses can become a political clusterfuck same for PoS coins.
* the chain can become stuck if 50% of the witness stop performing and requires a hardfork to become unstuck (same problem as for Tendermint, Casper, and all Byzantine Agreement coins which my whitepaper explains)
* the transaction fee level mechanism is IMO totally broken
* distributing the coin for free is like AuroraCoin, and everyone will dump it once they get the chance (but that could be a good chance to pick up cheap)

Anyway I hope you can continue working on your project soon. Let's get rich as fuck ASAP.

I like that thought. I will let you all know if I am really producing at a significant rate. Until then I will make a disciplined effort go quiet and try to focus on actions.

I have not intended to make any bold claims or cause anyone to expect or wait or ignore other projects (I'm frustrated at the moment that I am still experiencing fatigue from meds because I want to get into action asap!). We'll see what happens...

P.S. I updated my avatar with the photo taken in Singapore before I got ill with that digestive salmonella or whatever that was. No comment expected, but I can see why the doctor was surprised I was ill. I was looking good that day. But that belies how ill I was. That was just result of extreme gym training for several days and 50,000 IU vitamin D3 daily to overcome the effects of the TB temporarily, but I crashed after into digestive distress. Any way, that is what I should look like once I get back on my feet with stable health. I was searching for a baseball cap to buy (and intended to buy that one but got too ill the next day to go back for the followup appointment and that mall to buy it).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Monerobuyer

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 09:35:26 PM

Will there be a 2 million coin instamine like dash had?
NattyLiteCoin

Activity: 912
Merit: 1021

If you don’t believe, why are you here?

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 02:13:12 AM

I didn't take the time to read all 12 pages, but regarding the financial elite turning off financial transfers in a doomsday scenario, thus forcing miners to turn off their machines, why wouldn't the electric provider accept Bitcoin or litecoin as payment for their service?

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
       ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
    ███▀                   ▀███
   ███   ███           ███   ███
  ███     ███         ███     ███
 ███       ███       ███       ███
 ███     ██████     ██████     ███
 ███        ████   ████        ███
 ███     █████████████████     ███
 ███         ███▄ ▄███         ███
  ███         ███████         ███
   ███▄        █████        ▄███
    ████▄       ███       ▄████
     ▀█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▀
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀███████▀▀
  25X FASTER THAN BITCOIN, LIGHTNING NETWORK & ATOMIC SWAPS  
  TWITTER          TELEGRAM          REDDIT          DISCORD          MEDIUM          LINKEDIN  
          ▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
       ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
    ███▀                   ▀███
   ███   ███           ███   ███
  ███     ███         ███     ███
 ███       ███       ███       ███
 ███     ██████     ██████     ███
 ███        ████   ████        ███
 ███     █████████████████     ███
 ███         ███▄ ▄███         ███
  ███         ███████         ███
   ███▄        █████        ▄███
    ████▄       ███       ▄████
     ▀█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▀
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀███████▀▀
thejaytiesto (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 06:24:29 PM

Will there be a 2 million coin instamine like dash had?

Im pretty sure he is smart enough to not instamine anything, since that is an instant KO for the project. Even announcing that you are reserving a % of the supply for the development is usually not seen as positive. The ZEC model is absolute trash with the 20% one, but even the 1% of byteball is controversial. I understand that developers need funding but it would be ideal if it's kept 100% clean just like bitcoin.

If this is indeed anywhere near as good as a bitcoin killer im pretty sure anyone getting in in the early days will make a killing so im pretty sure the dev will be one of the first to mine/buy (im not sure if there is even mining with this coin)
rokkyroad
Legendary

Activity: 1090
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 02:41:11 AM

I didn't take the time to read all 12 pages

You would really have to hate yourself to do that. Sadly, I have a morbid fascination with the thread and cannot stop myself from peeking.

" If you have to spam and shout to justify your existence then you are a shit coin."  TaunSew
tat123

Activity: 261
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2017, 09:23:18 AM

During the Age of Enlightenment, coffee houses became the center of innovation. Wonder what people will say in the future about Bitcointalk Altcoin section?  Roll Eyes Damned if you do, and damned if you don't... huh Shelby? Wink

thejaytiesto (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 04:27:10 PM

During the Age of Enlightenment, coffee houses became the center of innovation. Wonder what people will say in the future about Bitcointalk Altcoin section?  Roll Eyes Damned if you do, and damned if you don't... huh Shelby? Wink

It would be indeed cool that the next big thing in crypto was presented here in this mess of a subforum. You get all that sea of shitcoins, then suddenly and very rarely you get some good projects. Don't get me wrong I love this forum, it's like the wild wild west or a jungle, you go with your machete looking for the big treasure, but there are tons of beasts trying to steal your BTC in the process.

It would be cool that a coin makes us rich because it's actually something solid and not just some random short lived pump and dump.
iamnotback

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 07:39:55 PM

The downtime is maddening:

P.S. I am on very strong 4-drugs anti-tuberculosis meds and I am basically so exhausted that I can only sleep continuously (about 20 hours a day) and eat. So I am in sort of state of near delirium, so apologies but the quality of my cognitive state (and thus prose) is highly diminished at the moment. I am posting on this topic because I think it is perhaps the most important thing I can possibly do with the limited moments I have awake. And because I don't have enough energy to do any real work (such as programming).
rokkyroad
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 01:26:05 AM

It would be indeed cool that the next big thing in crypto was presented here in this mess of a subforum. You get all that sea of shitcoins, then suddenly and very rarely you get some good projects. Don't get me wrong I love this forum, it's like the wild wild west or a jungle, you go with your machete looking for the big treasure, but there are tons of beasts trying to steal your BTC in the process.

It would be cool that a coin makes us rich because it's actually something solid and not just some random short lived pump and dump.
[/quote]

That's right. You never know what might be spawned here in the altcoin forum. So far its been big fat turds although there have been a few small diamonds. Sooner or later someone is going to crap out a big one(diamond). But if they do no one will buy or support it because its good and not a scam. We like scammy shitcoins best.

" If you have to spam and shout to justify your existence then you are a shit coin."  TaunSew
iamnotback

View Profile
February 06, 2017, 07:06:06 AM

My liver enzymes test today was 40 with the upper normal range of 45. In Singapore 3 weeks ago it was 52. Spring of 2016 it was 82.

This was a very important result, because if it was 3X the upper range, then I would need to stop the antibiotics which are known to be liver toxic. So this is very good news and appears my liver disease is starting to abate along with the treatment for the TB.

So it appears likely all my health problems have been caused by a disseminated TB infection for the past several years. It had probably been slowly eating away inside of me spreading all over.

Today was my 17th day of the 4-drug antibiotics. 39 more days on that regimen, then I drop down to 2-drug regimen for 16 more weeks.

I am not yet fully energetic. But perhaps I will be soon. It is normal that many patients improve after the first 2 weeks.
noobtrader
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
February 06, 2017, 07:52:17 AM

My liver enzymes test today was 40 with the upper normal range of 45. In Singapore 3 weeks ago it was 52. Spring of 2016 it was 82.

This was a very important result, because if it was 3X the upper range, then I would need to stop the antibiotics which are known to be liver toxic. So this is very good news and appears my liver disease is starting to abate along with the treatment for the TB.

So it appears likely all my health problems have been caused by a disseminated TB infection for the past several years. It had probably been slowly eating away inside of me spreading all over.

Today was my 17th day of the 4-drug antibiotics. 39 more days on that regimen, then I drop down to 2-drug regimen for 16 more weeks.

I am not yet fully energetic. But perhaps I will be soon. It is normal that many patients improve after the first 2 weeks.

congrats on your swift recovery... 

intestines problem can be a real pita if left unchecked and  often will takes a long time to heal.

"...I suspect we need a better incentive for users to run nodes instead of relying solely on altruism...",  satoshi@vistomail.com
numismatist
Legendary

Activity: 1245
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 06, 2017, 08:04:14 AM

Seems to be http://www.who.int/tb/challenges/ltbi/en/ which does not kill Bitcoin, but could kill a developer!

Wishing a swift recovery from that. Antibiotics should work against bacteriae

Joint Force

Activity: 804
Merit: 500

DAO ↔ DApp

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2017, 09:39:57 AM

There will be a new platform that is different than bitcoin and in most ways better. Bitcoin will not die though. RChain will be the platform of the future. It's based on math and advanced functions programming.

SEOcrypto

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 06, 2017, 02:22:30 PM

During the Age of Enlightenment, coffee houses became the center of innovation. Wonder what people will say in the future about Bitcointalk Altcoin section?  Roll Eyes Damned if you do, and damned if you don't... huh Shelby? Wink

lol i love that quote so much
thejaytiesto (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 06, 2017, 06:02:49 PM

That's right. You never know what might be spawned here in the altcoin forum. So far its been big fat turds although there have been a few small diamonds. Sooner or later someone is going to crap out a big one(diamond). But if they do no one will buy or support it because its good and not a scam. We like scammy shitcoins best.

I disagree, i dont know who you mean by "we", but I dont like scammy shitcoins. I think there was decent promising projects, people would naturally invest on those. Yes we like getting rich and to speculate, but why not invest in something that can make you rich because it's something good and not by pure luck?

If a project has some good foundations it is also more likely to make you rich than a random low volume p'n'd.
Joint Force

Activity: 804
Merit: 500

DAO ↔ DApp

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2017, 08:54:54 PM

I disagree, i dont know who you mean by "we", but I dont like scammy shitcoins. I think there was decent promising projects, people would naturally invest on those. Yes we like getting rich and to speculate, but why not invest in something that can make you rich because it's something good and not by pure luck?

If a project has some good foundations it is also more likely to make you rich than a random low volume p'n'd.

This is only the current state. Things will change once the RChain co-op releases the open source code to have an attention economy. This is what'll bring in real money and not scammy pnd money. RChain sounds to be an all in 1 solution for app devs. It'll have smart contracts, content delivery and 100% premined proof-of-stake mined networks. That's the holy grail right there. A decentralized world that scales will be able to exist with the RChain open source decentralized network code.

rokkyroad
Legendary

View Profile
February 06, 2017, 11:32:12 PM

That's right. You never know what might be spawned here in the altcoin forum. So far its been big fat turds although there have been a few small diamonds. Sooner or later someone is going to crap out a big one(diamond). But if they do no one will buy or support it because its good and not a scam. We like scammy shitcoins best.  Wink

"We" as a whole. Sometimes sarcasm is hard to get across via print. I totally agree with you. "Invest in something good that can make you rich".

stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 08:55:30 AM

Sometimes sarcasm is hard to get across via print. I totally agree with you. "Invest in something good that can make you rich".

Your sig quote, is absolutely perfect, in this particular context.  Wink
iamnotback

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 06:04:51 PM

Anonymint, do you think Lightening networks with wallet-to-wallet channel selection offers a decentralized payment layer on top of bitcoin sufficient for its the need for which it is implemented?

I haven't looked into the bolded term. Is that a new proposal?

Last time I evaluated LN, my analysis was:

https://gist.github.com/shelby3/c786018a8bb2d8d837abce3a4cf4e799#542-lightning-networks

Note guys I am only on the 19th day of the intensive 8-week, 4-drug TB treatment (to be followed by 18 weeks of 2-drug regimen), so my energy remains very low and I am not actively working much:

https://github.com/keean/zenscript/issues/30#issuecomment-278074629

My liver has improved and my eating and digestion appears to be improving but not yet totally normalized. My energy level is very low. Difficult to think intensely. Want to sleep always.
iamnotback

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 10:20:27 AM
Last edit: February 22, 2017, 04:54:19 AM by iamnotback

If we raise some money, I know who I'd want to try to hire on a flexible hours work schedule (and know damn well he is conscientious and would provide extreme value for the money spent):

http://esr.ibiblio.org/?p=7348

It is not every day that a 160 IQ genius who invented the term "open source" is in the job market and is currently earning less than $60K per year.

Eric is a person with an extremely high reputation and who eats programming complexity like a cake walk.

(I am trying to get my energy up and rid myself of this persistent nausea, but so far haven't found the combination of eating habits and daily pattern to make it so...36 more days of the 4-drug therapy...)

> This has in common with a lot of other suggestions that it would eat the time I feel I should be spending on infrastructure work.

Hypothetically, would you be potentially interested in paid virtual work with flexible part-time hours working on open source projects, specifically in areas which have high potential for network effects such as for example improving the JavaScript ecosystem? Or improving “blockchain” technology in some fundamental way that speculatively might have broad network efforts on the Internet in general? Perhaps it would be helpful to clarify your definition of ‘infrastructure’ in this context.

My understanding is you want to choose work which maximizes the value to the broad Internet community of your limited time resource? Or more specifically the value to hackers or some other more targeted demographic?

> We typically respond to something like this by saying “looks like a market opportunity!” If there’s tech talent out there that’s not being taken advantage of, then there should be money to be made by harnessing it, right?

I put the word out in my circles. One replied that he was eager to offer work to Eric, but that he was very busy with several businesses and it would be a few months yet. He said he hoped that Eric would get a contract job in the meantime, not a permanent one.

> He’s asking for $60k a year, and someone of ESR’s skill is arguably worth at least 2-3x that on the open market,

He is worth a lot more than $60K. His reputation alone is worth a hell of a lot in the right situation, if it something he feels it worthy of attaching his reputation to, and that is not even including the value of his actual production. Additionally the technical writing he could do for a project, such as refining a whitepaper. Obviously he would need to be careful not to associate himself with some scam or investment pump&dump. And obviously he would need to evaluate the technology and believe in it and its (foundational) importance.

My last comment in this thread.

Even though Eric is a talented (even humorous) public speaker and uber talented writer, I am leaning towards what appears to be his original intuition that livecoding would not maximize his ROI nor his value to the community. I have wasted too much time in the third world, so unfortunately I have some intuition to not focus there in terms of high end technology, education, nor intellectual interaction (although they are obviously important future mass markets otherwise). I have learned so much from Eric when he is writing in his focused manner and he is a very valuable tribal leader, so I prefer not to see him reduced to becoming just a good entertainer or any less important work that can be done by others. I am hoping that Eric’s Magnum Opus was not CatB and there is something even greater to come yet. Specifically to foster his creative and learning stimuli even more if possible.

> If crumbling internet infrastructure is really as important as you think it is, then the world needs all the educational resources it can get.

Upgrading foundational infrastructure is critically important and especially when it is taken for granted by most. Yet my contrarian mind also contemplates that we are not omniscient and sometimes the free market replaces with a complexity reducing paradigm shift instead of maintaining complexity. For example, as I understand it NTP is about a total order on a mutual perspective of millisecond synchronization of global time. But in the broad theoretical sense, total orders don’t exist in our universe. For example, some newer designs for blockchains propose to completely do away with any notion of tightly synchronized network time. That is not to say Eric’s work on NTP isn’t very important, because I assume much legacy code depends on it and blockchains (or other paradigm shifts) will probably not replace all use cases (and not soon enough).
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: