Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:24:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think "iamnotback" really has the" Bitcoin killer"?  (Read 79915 times)
Pluvi0phil3

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 04:13:08 AM

This btc value raise doesn't mean anything, the outcome is still as uncertain as it was when it was below 1000$. It might be a mini pump to make people believe ( especially some btc holders ) things are okay now.
Also this confirms what i told @iamnotback ( about a potential pump & dump war between BU and core after split, etc eth style ), roger ver said he would dump coins on core chain. Obviously after that he will try to pump it in a flippening attempt, something similar to what chandler and shilbert tried with ETC.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/60n50d/roger_ver_confirms_in_case_of_a_split_i_will_sell/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
key_z

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 10:26:50 PM

This forum needs a psychology section lol Roll Eyes

This forum needs more better drugs  Cheesy

[  EOT  ]      FIRST DECENTRALIZED GAME NETWORK        [  EOT  ]
ICO: JULY 25
        │        READ OUR WHITEPAPER
████████││   REDDIT   ││   TELEGRAM   ││   TWITTER   ││   MEDIUM   ││   WEBSITE   ││████████
d5000
Legendary

Activity: 3892
Merit: 5995

Decentralization Maximalist

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 05:07:46 PM

I was curious if this project - the "Bitcoin killer", be it called BitNet or whatever - is still active. Unfortunately the last posts are almost all off topic. I hope this project gets to flourish eventually, because some of its characteristics (above all to use it as a "monetary complement" of a non-monetary social/open-source/inverse-commons network) sparked my interest.

So, @AnonyMint, could you give a short status update? I hope you're fine.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Veidt

Activity: 150
Merit: 10

Famous last words - Hold my beer.

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 01:22:49 PM

I was curious if this project - the "Bitcoin killer", be it called BitNet or whatever - is still active. Unfortunately the last posts are almost all off topic. I hope this project gets to flourish eventually, because some of its characteristics (above all to use it as a "monetary complement" of a non-monetary social/open-source/inverse-commons network) sparked my interest.

So, @AnonyMint, could you give a short status update? I hope you're fine.

Quoted from his conversation with me:

We are trying to move forward. We were slowed down while analyzing the impact of securities law and devising how we can onboard millions of users without creating a security.

We’re also slowed down by my attempt to recover from gut Tuberculosis and my variable liver health condition (bad liver impacts energy and causes toxic brain dementia/delirium). I took on some loans and am trying to hire another lead developer (hopefully top-notch from outside the crypto sector) who is younger and healthier than me so I can impart knowledge.

Thats what I do, I drink beer and I know stuff.
d5000
Legendary

Activity: 3892
Merit: 5995

Decentralization Maximalist

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 08:34:58 PM

Thanks Veidt. I've also received a PM from user Traxo that the project is active (thanks Traxo). And that the initiator has again changed his account here. Lips sealed

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Anonymous Kid

Activity: 183
Merit: 25

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 02:28:24 AM

Wow... there are lot of OG's in this thread
CRED.me

Merit: 4

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 08:51:16 AM
Last edit: January 24, 2018, 10:32:23 AM by CRED.me

There are updates if you’re resourceful enough to look.

AnonyMint isn’t allowed to have an official user account on this forum site BCT to give you the information directly. He is permabanned (archived) for telling the truth too often about flaws in projects and correctly predicting LTC from $6 to $300 and other such transgressions.
Viper1

Activity: 686
Merit: 320

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 01:37:04 AM

AnonyMint isn’t allowed to have an official user account on this forum site BCT to give you the information directly. He is permabanned for telling the truth too often about flaws in projects and correctly predicting LTC from $6 to $300 and other such transgressions.
He was banned for breaking the forum rules. but go ahead and continue making him out to be a victim despite the fact he's a grown man responsible for his own actions.

BTC: 1F8yJqgjeFyX1SX6KJmqYtHiHXJA89ENNT
LTC: LYAEPQeDDM7Y4jbUH2AwhBmkzThAGecNBV
DOGE: DSUsCCdt98PcNgUkFHLDFdQXmPrQBEqXu9
CRED.me

Merit: 4

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 05:03:40 AM
Last edit: January 24, 2018, 10:32:09 AM by CRED.me

AnonyMint isn’t allowed to have an official user account on this forum site BCT to give you the information directly. He is permabanned (archived) for telling the truth too often about flaws in projects and correctly predicting LTC from $6 to $300 and other such transgressions.

He was banned for breaking the forum rules. but go ahead and continue making him out to be a victim despite the fact he's a grown man responsible for his own actions.

Yeah we see the “I’m the defender of absolute truth” button pinned to your lapel, did you become oblivious to your own short-sightedness. How exactly do you think you’re helping the situation? What Christian productivity are you helping enable or are you stirring up trouble?

The quoted link to Meta above contains his responses to that allegation, including your condescending/presumptuous attitude from back then on clear display.

I moved the rest of this post to Meta where it belongs, which elaborates on why there will be no official updates in this subforum (and to avoid BCT as a community building medium due to the highly dysfunctional trolling and unproductive “get rich quick” focus).

i think it should be around $7000 - $8000 strong demand will hold the crash
Based on what? Last time it went all the way down to around break even ($200) for miners despite people like you saying.. oh.. it will never go under 500. Oh.. There's strong demand and it won't go under $400.. blah blah blah. No one knows shit and it can make it's all the way back down again which, after the halving is probably now around $400-$600. Why? Cause as long as it is slowly going down (which is what happened last time), people lose interest and leave the market. The vast majority are looking to get rich over night and don't have what it takes to wait it out over some years.

OMG you’re sooo expert and deservedly arrogant/smug? Umm, what if there’s more confidence now that Bitcoin is really a thing people all over the world see as real, unlike in 2013 when it was some toy that could just go poof at any time.

The HODL demand is more intense by now. See the flattening of the regression fit chart.

The majority (which are the greater fools) create the overshoots to the upside and downside, but the core HODL demand increases as adoption broadens. Duh.
kokobaba880

Activity: 434
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 05:10:15 AM

I think there is no bitcoin killer in the market the people scams about bitcoin they do more of the wrong knowledge and wrong information regarding bitcoin and other crypto currencies. It is not good to be with them bitcoin is good currency and we are supporting this fully we will invest in this all the time and the bitcoin is the active currency of the market.

JohnMacZeppelin

Activity: 602
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 05:47:28 AM

Quite an active discussion. If I understand correctly, my answer will be that nothing can change the position of Bitcoin. Because Bitcoin brought new technologies to our world, Bitcoin is precisely the means of payment, after the complete integration of lightning into the network, the commissions must be minimal, that is, about 5 $ and the speed of delivery of the bicons, should be instantaneous. Not long left.
Viper1

Activity: 686
Merit: 320

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 07:03:37 PM

Yeah we see the “I’m the defender of absolute truth” button pinned to your lapel, did you become oblivious to your own short-sightedness. How exactly do you think you’re helping the situation? What Christian productivity are you helping enable or are you stirring up trouble?

The quoted link to Meta above contains his responses to that allegation, including your condescending/presumptuous attitude from back then on clear display.

I moved the rest of this post to Meta where it belongs, which elaborates on why there will be no official updates in this subforum (and to avoid BCT as a community building medium due to the highly dysfunctional trolling and unproductive “get rich quick” focus).

i think it should be around $7000 - $8000 strong demand will hold the crash
Based on what? Last time it went all the way down to around break even ($200) for miners despite people like you saying.. oh.. it will never go under 500. Oh.. There's strong demand and it won't go under $400.. blah blah blah. No one knows shit and it can make it's all the way back down again which, after the halving is probably now around $400-$600. Why? Cause as long as it is slowly going down (which is what happened last time), people lose interest and leave the market. The vast majority are looking to get rich over night and don't have what it takes to wait it out over some years.

OMG you’re sooo expert and deservedly arrogant/smug? Umm, what if there’s more confidence now that Bitcoin is really a thing people all over the world see as real, unlike in 2013 when it was some toy that could just go poof at any time.

The HODL demand is more intense by now. See the flattening of the regression fit chart.

The majority (which are the greater fools) create the overshoots to the upside and downside, but the core HODL demand increases as adoption broadens. Duh.
Must have hit a soft spot with you given all the personal attacks and the PM. Wow, maybe you forgot to take some meds or something today. Carry on though, you're dismissed as not being worth any more time.

Edit: Checked out some of your other posts. Once again you're trying to avoid your ban. So sad.

BTC: 1F8yJqgjeFyX1SX6KJmqYtHiHXJA89ENNT
LTC: LYAEPQeDDM7Y4jbUH2AwhBmkzThAGecNBV
DOGE: DSUsCCdt98PcNgUkFHLDFdQXmPrQBEqXu9
contraband

Activity: 1232
Merit: 528

Community Manager: ETN

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 03:47:06 AM

I think he will come out with something very strong

Bitcoin Killer

Not a zero sum game we all kinda looked at it that way

"One coin will become the coin. The rest will die"

This was the basic consensus of the community not so far back.

Things have changed quite a bit, ya know?
Traxo

Activity: 568
Merit: 703

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 03:05:27 PM
Last edit: April 26, 2018, 03:59:12 PM by Traxo

The permabanned former double Legendary has updated the name of his project which aims to fix major flaws in Steem.

Not a zero sum game we all kinda looked at it that way

* please note that he never started this thread insinuating that his project would kill Bitcoin.
  That was a defense against Bitcoin maximalism that got out of control.
  Nobody was seriously insinuating that Bitcoin would be killed by an altcoin. That was clickbait sensationalism.

chikucrypto

Activity: 420

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2018, 03:43:45 PM

I think nobody can shake the position of bitcoin. it has great potiental. in the modern era bit coin is the symbol of cryptocurrency. now all the investors and other who not in crypto market they are full confident that bitcoin is the future of the world.
hoanglann0990

Activity: 76

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 01:05:59 PM

Yeah a coin could improve btc function but isnt the real goal of mass acceptance dependant on recovering a mistaken payment. I mean once a few old dears send their lifes savings accidentaly by putting a decimal point in the wrong place then its name will ne dirt. How do ypu intend to solve this? Smiley Smiley Smiley
kkimmai212

Activity: 21

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 05:41:05 AM

Yeah a coin could improve btc function but isnt the real goal of mass acceptance dependant on recovering a mistaken payment. I mean once a few old dears send their lifes savings accidentaly by putting a decimal point in the wrong place then its name will ne dirt.
contraband

Activity: 1232
Merit: 528

Community Manager: ETN

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 12:51:52 AM
Merited by vapourminer (1)

I think nobody can shake the position of bitcoin. it has great potiental. in the modern era bit coin is the symbol of cryptocurrency. now all the investors and other who not in crypto market they are full confident that bitcoin is the future of the world.

I think in time BTC will fade away as each of the characteristics that make it #1 now will be replaced one by one, as they are more effective in other projects.

Possible Examples:

--An exchange that pairs fiat with every coin listing, diminishes BTC "reserve currency" role (see it starting already)

-- Another coin becoming the main coin used on dark web/criminal transactions replaces this role. (Already starting)

-- A new coin(s) in future is designed specifically for store of value would knock out another leg holding BTC at the top

-- Time picks away at its first mover advantage

-- The total number of users in the network is the is passed by another coin (this seems likely to happen this/next year)

You get my point

Remember, Im talking about many years.

And it wont be instant.

First it will be 2nd, and slide dowm the list slowly over time.

Still, I think we will see $100,000+ BTC long before it slowly slips away.

Remember Bitcoin only has 3 to 5 million users. This is tiny.

And Im not saying it wont continue to grow. In a decade, I wouldnt be surprized to see BTC's market cap 15 - 20 times what it is now, and still not be #1 anymore.

OR it could happen faster.

I believe its not a question of if, but when.

Will it be a long process, or will it be much quicker than my forcast?

Iamnotback has the ability to start a coin now that could sit in the top five and pass BTC eventually. Thats a BIG statement.

Hes a smart guy. Very smart.

Is he smart enough to know what he doesnt know?

Is his "ego" just confidence, and his "argumentitive tone" just the chosen tactic due to the nature of the forum?

Or will he not be able to be honest with himself when it comes to areas hes not as strong?

Or cant he separate from emotion when he is making his points?

Can he delegate, accept certian areas that are weaker than others so that he can hand off the task to one that would be more effective in said role, and/or learn and become stronger?

These are the questions one must ask.

He is a great mind. He has vision.
Made a profitable website when most of us didnt even get the magnatitude of what the internet would bring. (Coolpages.com)

He has the talent to win, so the above questions are the important ones when forcasting his success.

Id say the answer is somewhere inbetween.

But if I had to bet. Id say, when the times comes, he will have the disipline and the wisdom to accept his flaws, and do WHATEVER it takes to make certian they dont hold back his project.

He just strikes me as a guy, that when the bullets start flying, his emotions wont be anywhere near the drivers seat.

I think those that take times others felt he was over the line, or too agressive here on the forum, as an example of how he will run the project are not understanding the difference of launching an invention, and a message board lol.

I think when the success of one of his inventions is on the line, he will understand the importance of balance, and have the will to keep that balance right where he wants it.

Those saying hes nuts are waaaaaayyy off.

He is very logical, rational, and of course, sane.

I do believe he will have great success with his project!!!
sjadn12912999

Activity: 77

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 02:56:00 PM

Goodbye Netflix and here comes the Malaysian iFlix.

The ladies prefer the iFlix because it has the Korean dramas and Netflix doesn't. Netflix costs $7 monthly here in the Philippines and iFlix is half that price.

The West is dying. Even Hollywood is being replaced.
ngochuyen0071

Activity: 84

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 01:46:10 PM

How about the name Shelbies..........shortened to Shels as in Sats.

Also has that connection to Shells as in one of the first recognized currencies. I was kind of joking as I typed this but now I'm not so sure.  Cheesy
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: