Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:29:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [UNSOLVED] WEX.NZ REFUSING TO UNLOCK MY ACCOUNT (thousands of dollars)  (Read 14471 times)
Steven009 (OP)

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 07:15:51 AM

I will just leave this here....

It seems like we're both waiting for @btc-e.com to reply then, as I've offered alternate ways of proving ownership other than the altered image. We'll eventually get to the bottom of this, since the first and last name of the start of my email "xxxxxxxx@gmail.com" matches exactly my name and therefore the name contained on my passport. And my former city of residence matches that of my former IP. And even tho you can maybe replicate that information with a fake passport screen, I doubt you can replicate the following picture that BTC-e asked from me (censored):

Plus, the same face holding the passport and BTC-e paper is the same face on my skype profile associated with my BTC-e account.

Lastly but not least, I can have that same passport verified/notarized and the legal document shipped to their address. Any lawyer will confirm the legality of it.

Again, waiting for @btc-e.com to reply since they closed my ticket on the 30th of January.

*Image Removed*
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
krack-r

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 07:37:25 AM

It seems like we're both waiting for @btc-e.com to reply then, as I've offered alternate ways of proving ownership other than the altered image. We'll eventually get to the bottom of this, since the first and last name of the start of my email "xxxxxxxx@gmail.com" matches exactly my name and therefore the name contained on my passport. And my former city of residence matches that of my former IP. And even tho you can maybe replicate that information with a fake passport screen, I doubt you can replicate the following picture that BTC-e asked from me (censored):

Plus, the same face holding the passport and BTC-e paper is the same face on my skype profile associated with my BTC-e account.

Lastly but not least, I can have that same passport verified/notarized and the legal document shipped to their address. Any lawyer will confirm the legality of it.

Again, waiting for @btc-e.com to reply since they closed my ticket on the 30th of January.

NO! Stop!
These kind of bullcrap you can purchase on the deepweb.
IT PROVES NOTHING!
Send then a full notarized passport or you're a fraud!!!

My Vanity address - 1KrackryDQCJTm8R21uUzrPXJTUpgMudin
paxful profile - https://paxful.com/user/krack-r
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 07:52:57 AM

It seems like we're both waiting for @btc-e.com to reply then,
I don't know why, you are clearly presenting evidence that you control a specific address that you very clearly do not control. In other words you are presenting what is clearly fabricated evidence, I don't see why anyone should take any of the rest of your story seriously after this.

as I've offered alternate ways of proving ownership other than the altered image. We'll eventually get to the bottom of this, since the first and last name of the start of my email "xxxxxxxx@gmail.com" matches exactly my name and therefore the name contained on my passport.
I believe that fake passports were sold on Silk Road (Ross Ulbright even had DHS agents visit him at his home while questioning Ross about the 7 fake IDs that Ross had shipped to himself), and I would presume that fake IDs are still available for sale.

And my former city of residence matches that of my former IP.
If you are buying a fake ID/fake passport, there is no reason why you couldn't get this to match.
And even tho you can maybe replicate that information with a fake passport screen, I doubt you can replicate the following picture that BTC-e asked from me (censored):

I believe that fake passports were sold on Silk Road (Ross Ulbright even had DHS agents visit him at his home while questioning Ross about the 7 fake IDs that Ross had shipped to himself), and I would presume that fake IDs are still available for sale.
cryptodevil
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1240

Thread-puller extraordinaire

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 10:13:00 AM

@BTC-E stop closing the ticket without actually resolving the damn thing!

Prove that the claim by Steven is fraudulent and your negative rating will be removed. Simply ignoring the issue is not going to make it go away.

At this point you need only show that the 1FCEyJG2G2Cpu43nZGV8BM3nJN3W1JrsB8 address is yours and that would prove his screenshots were faked. Surely you can at least do that?

If you can't and, as he mentioned, the avatar picture you have for his previous skype account has the same face as the picture he sent you above, then he must be the original owner of that account and you have to accept that it is him.

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 01:26:49 PM

@BTC-E stop closing the ticket without actually resolving the damn thing!

Prove that the claim by Steven is fraudulent and your negative rating will be removed. Simply ignoring the issue is not going to make it go away.

At this point you need only show that the 1FCEyJG2G2Cpu43nZGV8BM3nJN3W1JrsB8 address is yours and that would prove his screenshots were faked. Surely you can at least do that?

If you can't and, as he mentioned, the avatar picture you have for his previous skype account has the same face as the picture he sent you above, then he must be the original owner of that account and you have to accept that it is him.

Walletexplorer is showing that the address is a btc-e address and I would generally consider wallet explorer to be reliable. I am not sure how easily the support staff are able to access old addresses
cryptodevil
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1240

Thread-puller extraordinaire

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 01:52:00 PM

Walletexplorer is showing that the address is a btc-e address and I would generally consider wallet explorer to be reliable. I am not sure how easily the support staff are able to access old addresses

I've emailed the creator of walletexplorer to ask about the reliability of analysis for the addresses they have labelled. If he says the algorithm is known to be 100% reliable then that would answer the question of ownership.

Although it would be far better if BTC-E actually showed some professionalism and dealt with these issues themselves instead of throwing accusations of fraud around with no evidence.

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'
Nathan047

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 03:03:19 PM

NO! Stop!
IT PROVES NOTHING!
It would be very hard to buy an ID photo of the person who opened the account 4 years ago holding a sign with the date that says "For BTC-e." Also BTC-e hasn't given address, so mailing a notarized passport would be impossible.

Steve has given more that enough proof to convince me. Come on BTC-e, prove he's a fraud or release the funds, don't ignore this.

I'm starting a technology blog T4CH.top, check it out!
Steven009 (OP)

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 03:59:16 PM

as I've offered alternate ways of proving ownership other than the altered image. We'll eventually get to the bottom of this, since the first and last name of the start of my email "xxxxxxxx@gmail.com" matches exactly my name and therefore the name contained on my passport.

And my former city of residence matches that of my former IP.
If you are buying a fake ID/fake passport, there is no reason why you couldn't get this to match.
And even tho you can maybe replicate that information with a fake passport screen, I doubt you can replicate the following picture that BTC-e asked from me (censored):

So you're telling me I paid someone with my first and last name, within my city to pose with my passport and a paper for "BTC-e"? Your argument would be valid if the account was made recently and the information was prefabricated. But the account was made years ago, and such details have been inside their exchanger years ago. You cannot buy something retroactively. Also, how can you explain my face matching the picture of my skype profile, which is associated to my account in BTC-e? That I can also provide, and it can be verified publicly by just looking for the skype itself. And again, I can send it to a third-party for confirmation.

I know this process is complicated, I know that both parties are only playing with one hand but the type of business I conduct online calls for privacy. I have no obligation to expose myself more than what I'm doing right now, which is quite a lot, and hasn't proved I'm a fraud.

BTC-e needs to:

- Prove that my passport is fake from the images I sent them (they most certainly have a lawyer to verify this);
- Verify that my Skype profile picture matches the picture in the passport;
- Request for a hard-copy of my passport (notarized) to be sent to their offices;

That's all I'm asking.

*Image Removed*
drapper

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 05:55:56 PM

If the Skype image matches the ID sent to btce,  then I don't see what the problem is.

But on the other hand, I don't blame them for being cautious,  if this is the case.

Op I'd suggest you take legal action to move things forward.  I don't see you getting any recourse here.

Good luck.
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2017, 07:15:09 PM

I've emailed the creator of walletexplorer to ask about the reliability of analysis for the addresses they have labelled. If he says the algorithm is known to be 100% reliable then that would answer the question of ownership.

Although it would be far better if BTC-E actually showed some professionalism and dealt with these issues themselves instead of throwing accusations of fraud around with no evidence.

It can't be 100% reliable but it's about as close as it gets. AFAIK it groups addresses that appear on the input side of the same transaction, i.e. if address A sends 1 BTC and address B sends 2 BTC in the same transaction then most likely A and B belong to the same entity and are considered part of the same "wallet", since the transaction has to be signed with both addresses. Furthermore, if B and C send funds in another transaction, then A, B, and C belong to the same "wallet" and so on. If you can figure out that e.g. C belongs to BTC-E you can label the whole "wallet" accordingly.

There are ways to have a transaction signed by two different entities, therefore the above assumption is not 100% accurate, although considering other constraints - e.g. the entities in question would have to be in collusion of some sort - is sufficient for busting most penny scammers around here. Not sure if I would be confident to use this for a 480 BTC dispute though, but let's wait and see if/how walletexplorer responds to you.
pbleak
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 10:42:25 PM

How much is in the account?

Dark net fake passports (physical) are expensive. It would make zero sense for someone to try scam the notoriously obscure btc-e this way when they could just pull all kinds of easy scams based on an entirely false identity.

This is a no brainer for btc-e. Just give him the money and be done with it.
krack-r

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 02:17:57 PM

NO! Stop!
IT PROVES NOTHING!
It would be very hard to buy an ID photo of the person who opened the account 4 years ago holding a sign with the date that says "For BTC-e." Also BTC-e hasn't given address, so mailing a notarized passport would be impossible.

Steve has given more that enough proof to convince me. Come on BTC-e, prove he's a fraud or release the funds, don't ignore this.

No it wont.

Steven009 (OP)

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 02:56:23 AM

Walletexplorer is showing that the address is a btc-e address and I would generally consider wallet explorer to be reliable.

@btc-e.com we're all waiting for you to prove/disprove such claimed evidence. This is unsettled business.

*Image Removed*
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 05:09:18 AM

Walletexplorer is showing that the address is a btc-e address and I would generally consider wallet explorer to be reliable.

@btc-e.com we're all waiting for you to prove/disprove such claimed evidence. This is unsettled business.
Maybe you should explain why your screenshot of your wallet is showing a payment of 480BTC in regards to 2c9b59d2cd4cf153908435a10109d94bb5f664a443165810630f1074c8347df6 when it should show 499.990BTC.

You clearly do not understand how Bitcoin works well enough to produce doctored screenshots that match up to how they should look. However based on the above inconsistency, I think it is fair to say that you are producing fake screenshots.

It has been claimed to be over 480BTC (over $510,000)

Dark net fake passports (physical) are expensive. It would make zero sense for someone to try scam the notoriously obscure btc-e this way when they could just pull all kinds of easy scams based on an entirely false identity.
I will take your word that they are "expensive" although I would doubt that they cost 5% of the amount in the account.
pawel7777
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 1559

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2017, 10:46:49 AM

Maybe you should explain why your screenshot of your wallet is showing a payment of 480BTC in regards to 2c9b59d2cd4cf153908435a10109d94bb5f664a443165810630f1074c8347df6 when it should show 499.990BTC.
+1
Screenshot seems odd, I wasn't around back then, so don't know whether there were any wallets that would show tx history of one address only rather than entire tx value. I'd like to see some explanation for this.

Still a lot of things doesn't make much sense here. Why btc-e didn't pick up on this? They focused on the fact that the image was cropped using Photoshop, but ignored mis-match in amounts?
If Steven is trying to pull a scam, why would he even bother with fake screenshot? No exchange expects their customers to keep such as evidence. At best, they could be used as a weak, supportive evidence of ownership.
If he's a scammer, why does the Skype avatar matches his face. How the hell did he manage to hack a specific account: a) with significant amount on it, b) which has been closed due to inactivity, c) with associated gmail account closed, d) with ip from the same area as his own. What are the odds? And what happened to the 'real' owner?

But what bothers me the most is - if btc-e dismisses Steven as a fraud. How can the real owner prove his ownership? They can't require anyone to still have access to an old wallet because: 1) there's nothing in their T&Cs about that, 2) tx could've been sent by 3-rd party (i.e. bitcoin seller, friend, from other website etc); 3) people upgrade their wallets/computers all the time and not always care to keep back-ups; 4) private keys, back-up files, seeds could've been compromised; 5) from the legal standpoint, control over address has zero value as proof of ownership.
So they have to accept official id documents + utility bills as a proof, they can't just dismiss them as 'possibly fake'. They need to have procedures in place, and if they currently don't - they should come up with some feasible solution.

It has been claimed to be over 480BTC (over $510,000)

Not really. It has been claimed that there was a deposit of 480 btc at some point, that doesn't say anything about the remaining balance. The account was actively trading back then.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
Steven009 (OP)

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 10:59:56 PM

Still a lot of things doesn't make much sense here. Why btc-e didn't pick up on this? They focused on the fact that the image was cropped using Photoshop, but ignored mis-match in amounts?
If Steven is trying to pull a scam, why would he even bother with fake screenshot? No exchange expects their customers to keep such as evidence. At best, they could be used as a weak, supportive evidence of ownership.

Their only complaint was that the screenshot was supposedly "taken" in 2016, which I later sent them the original, untouched version dated 2013. They never questioned the nature of the wallet itself, nor did they stated that the wallet wasn't mine. What was bothering them was the date, not the wallet, transaction, amount or origin. But I'm still waiting for them to come here and easily disprove what I just said. After all, this wouldn't be really hard to prove. It's foolproof.

Also, I'm waiting for them to come here and request the hard-copy of a notarized document, in this case my passport. I'm sure you can also fake that, in the presence of their lawyer or legal counselor, right?

@btc-e.com, send me the address of your "Moscow Office" (even tho you have offices in London from your shell company) so I can send you whatever bullshit that you're still asking.

*Image Removed*
krack-r

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 09:56:41 AM

Their only complaint was that the screenshot was supposedly "taken" in 2016, which I later sent them the original, untouched version dated 2013. They never questioned the nature of the wallet itself, nor did they stated that the wallet wasn't mine. What was bothering them was the date, not the wallet, transaction, amount or origin. But I'm still waiting for them to come here and easily disprove what I just said. After all, this wouldn't be really hard to prove. It's foolproof.

Also, I'm waiting for them to come here and request the hard-copy of a notarized document, in this case my passport. I'm sure you can also fake that, in the presence of their lawyer or legal counselor, right?

@btc-e.com, send me the address of your "Moscow Office" (even tho you have offices in London from your shell company) so I can send you whatever bullshit that you're still asking.

As I said - send them the notarized document over regular mail and then complain.
Otherwise - you're a fraud!

pawel7777
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 1559

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2017, 11:58:30 AM

Also, I'm waiting for them to come here and request the hard-copy of a notarized document, in this case my passport
. I'm sure you can also fake that, in the presence of their lawyer or legal counselor, right?

As I said - send them the notarized document over regular mail and then complain.

Again. Read the thread before posting. Read the second paragraph of the post you've quoted.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
bit79

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 02:17:19 PM
Last edit: February 11, 2017, 06:51:54 PM by bit79

Steven009 writes that he's been using both fiat and bitcoin with BTC-E, and BTC-E writes that they could release your funds to one of your old addresses. (or use one of your old addresses to authenticate you)

If you have been using fiat with BTC-E, then they should know your real name. They may even know your real address. That information was passed to them automatically with your fiat. (bank account number and name, but also street, city, state, zip and country in some cases...) Did you send them fiat? If yes, how, exactly?

Couldn't you (together) agree to prove your real identity using your bank account, or to release your funds to your bank account instead of one of your old addresses?

That should be much easier than proving ownership of a wallet/email address/skype account that do not exist anymore.
krack-r

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 09:44:38 PM

Also, I'm waiting for them to come here and request the hard-copy of a notarized document, in this case my passport
. I'm sure you can also fake that, in the presence of their lawyer or legal counselor, right?

Again. Read the thread before posting. Read the second paragraph of the post you've quoted.

I read it, and yet he hasn't still sent it.
It's best if this is resolved between him and the exchange, if he's who he claims he is.

@bit79 - that bank account option is still not viable
what you suggest is money laundering and it's illegal from the exchange's point of view
to explain further - one would have to exchange the bitcoins to USD on the btc-e platform, then withdraw
otherwise it's exchanging bitcoins to centralized currency which is by definition - money laundry

and in order to exchange the btc on the platform he would have to prove his ID

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: