Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:03:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [UNSOLVED] WEX.NZ REFUSING TO UNLOCK MY ACCOUNT (thousands of dollars)  (Read 14470 times)
cryptodevil
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1240

Thread-puller extraordinaire

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 02:38:28 PM

And that to the tune of half a million US$...  Huh

Maybe it's "just me" but for that kind of money I'd be communicating with my local and respectable lawyers with all the legalised documentation instead of here on BCTC...

That's another thing, Steven has already said it isn't half a million quid's-worth of bitcoin he is trying to recover. The discussion earlier in this thread about the bitcoin transactions shown from 2012/13 were exactly that, transactions. As far as I am aware he is looking to recover an undisclosed amount of bitcoin from his locked BTC-E account which, while he has pointed out they are worth considerably more now than they were back then, are nowhere near the 'hundreds of thousands' of dollars-worth people keep bringing up.

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LittleBitFunny

Activity: 1428
Merit: 129

The first decentralized crypto betting platform

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2017, 02:45:31 PM

That's pretty much unforgivable, a major exchange should at least have quick response and customer support, and definitely reasonable staff.

You're right, this could actually be a scam because if they only do it to a few accounts with lots of money they would still have mostly positive reviews and a fairly decent reputation.

krack-r

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 02:55:16 PM

[...] Let's see, who's more respected/trusted here: the one being "Legendary" with a +45 trust score, or the other one who's a "full member" with a -2 trust rating...? [...]

The negative rating was added by cryptodevil because of this thread here. [...]

The fact that you've "conveniently" forgot to mention the negative trust ratings you got from:

Recargasbitcoinrapidos
Steven009
bamous
Donatelo
serenpower
Donatelo
playerbtc
Satosher

do not really help make you more trusthworthy in my opinion...  Roll Eyes

Yes. Those are all scammers that I tagged first, because they actually tried to commit fraud here!!!
Read my trust ratings about them!
Again - according to the rating system here - Im trusted, since my red tags hold.
And I never, ever tried to commit fraud here. In fact I was defrauded of a few dollars. So I always ONLY deal through paxful. And now my Skrill is blocked due to a fraudulent payment, from a guy with 100+ green ratings there.
So think before you point fingers. Read their posts. Read mine. Then make judgement.

And please explain how has Steven009 proven that what he said is true?

[...]

I really don't know, a lot of "he said, she said" going on here. And that to the tune of half a million US$...  Huh

Maybe it's "just me" but for that kind of money I'd be communicating with my local and respectable lawyers with all the legalised documentation instead of here on BCTC...

And we're actually saying the same stuff. Cryptodevil is violently attacking me for asking those exact questions. Again - If it was me I'd be on an airplane with a lawyer within the hour.
Arguing who's right here just makes it more suspicious.

My Vanity address - 1KrackryDQCJTm8R21uUzrPXJTUpgMudin
paxful profile - https://paxful.com/user/krack-r
sbogovac
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1192

I don't believe in denial.

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 03:14:52 PM

[...] Those are all scammers that I tagged first, because they actually tried to commit fraud here!!!
Read my trust ratings about them! [...]

Yes, that's another thing... all your sent feedback is negative. And I mean all, literally...  Huh

What is it with that?!? Are you just gullible and fall for a lot of scams. Or do you only send feedback when scammed?

All I hear from you is a lot of they, they, they... and not a lot of introspective going on...

Whatever, this was the last free tip you got from me, enjoy!

0x7442A5c37E513D335F53843cD20c00F77eAC7867
Steven009 (OP)

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 01:02:23 PM

Again - If it was me I'd be on an airplane with a lawyer within the hour.

I would most likely do that, if they actually had an address. I didn't even need to "fly" there because I work on expat 3 hours from their supposedly "office" (the shell company that represents them on the UK (posted in this thread)), which has an actual address, has literally no one there. No assistant, no reception, nothing. It's empty. How do I know? It's not hard to figure, I was there.

I invite all people that live near that area to visit their official "office" in the UK. You'll see their doors closed.

@btc-e.com, provide me with an actual address. I want to send you the "hard-copy" that your "friend" required from me.

*Image Removed*
krack-r

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 02:06:58 PM
Last edit: February 21, 2017, 08:01:27 PM by krack-r

Again - If it was me I'd be on an airplane with a lawyer within the hour.

I would most likely do that, if they actually had an address. I didn't even need to "fly" there because I work on expat 3 hours from their supposedly "office" (the shell company that represents them on the UK (posted in this thread)), which has an actual address, has literally no one there. No assistant, no reception, nothing. It's empty. How do I know? It's not hard to figure, I was there.

I invite all people that live near that area to visit their official "office" in the UK. You'll see their doors closed.

@btc-e.com, provide me with an actual address. I want to send you the "hard-copy" that your "friend" required from me.

Again - don't even know these people.
EDIT: Man, if you're the real owner I hope it gets resolved soon. I think I made it easier for you, because the way you did it it wouldn't be resolved anytime in the next 5 years.

cryptodevil
Legendary

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 10:24:59 AM

I've added this to BTC-E's threads to see if we can't get a response from them.

Deal with this properly!
Do not ignore.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1739698.0

All you have done so far is to accuse the people who are trying to get you to resolve this of being scammers - You have done nothing to prove that Steven009 is not who he says he is, instead you have closed the ticket without resolving it.

You appear to be the guilty party so far and I would caution everybody against using this exchange unless and until this account recovery ticket is properly dealt with. If you think Steven is a crook then prove he is not who he says he is, the person named as the owner of the locked account that he has been trying to recover access to for OVER A YEAR.

It is utterly absurd that this matter is still unresolved either way.

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'
krack-r

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 12:36:50 PM

Deal with this properly!
Do not ignore.

All you have done so far is to accuse the people who are trying to get you to resolve this of being scammers - You have done nothing to prove that Steven009 is not who he says he is, instead you have closed the ticket without resolving it.

You appear to be the guilty party so far and I would caution everybody against using this exchange unless and until this account recovery ticket is properly dealt with. If you think Steven is a crook then prove he is not who he says he is, the person named as the owner of the locked account that he has been trying to recover access to for OVER A YEAR.

I don't have to prove shit.
It's Steven that has to prove who he is. And he hasn't for 13 months.
And I don't see how the outcome of this involves me... I get nothing either way.
It's all between Steven and BTCe.
Placing negative rating on my account for pointing the obvious only looks you guilty and involved.
You never replied as to how much you've been promised?

cryptodevil
Legendary

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 04:03:13 PM

Deal with this properly!
Do not ignore.

Update: BTC-E's response to the above post and others like it requesting they properly deal with this ticket is that they just deleted them from their moderated threads.

@Steven - I assume you've had no further correspondence from them either?

Steven009 (OP)

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 02:35:57 AM

It's been a very long time since they've said anything. And I've also visited their supposedly "UK office" under their shell company. There's no one there, it's literally an empty place.

I'm waiting for them to send me their address either here or on the official ticket request I've sent them.

*Image Removed*
krack-r

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 05:23:32 AM

It's been a very long time since they've said anything. And I've also visited their supposedly "UK office" under their shell company. There's no one there, it's literally an empty place.

I'm waiting for them to send me their address either here or on the official ticket request I've sent them.

Keep us posted. If this gets resolved I will apologize as I promised.

Steven009 (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 01:53:19 AM

Keep us posted. If this gets resolved I will apologize as I promised.

Hopefully yes. But @btc-e.com is ignoring my request for their supposedly "Moscow office" so I can send proper documentation.

*Image Removed*
Steven009 (OP)

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 10:25:54 PM

Still unsolved, @btc-e.com is refusing to send me a contact of their lawyer/legal representative.

*Image Removed*
TroubleBuddy

Activity: 77
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 11:16:50 PM

Over 13 months of waiting in this case, and someone told ME to be patient after waiting for 2 weeks now... Sorry man, but say goodbye to your cash, start working on the lawsuit.

Even if you had access to your old wallet, they would ask you to send coins not only from the same wallet, but the same address as well. And even after that, well, just take a look: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1822217.0

Your case is pretty much identical as mine. If you seriously think about getting back your money, consider class suit, I am aboard, although I am not naive - they are shady as fuck and I have doubts it will work out. At least, we could ruin their reputation.
Steven009 (OP)

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 09:51:08 PM

Over 13 months of waiting in this case, and someone told ME to be patient after waiting for 2 weeks now... Sorry man, but say goodbye to your cash, start working on the lawsuit.

Even if you had access to your old wallet, they would ask you to send coins not only from the same wallet, but the same address as well. And even after that, well, just take a look: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1822217.0

Your case is pretty much identical as mine. If you seriously think about getting back your money, consider class suit, I am aboard, although I am not naive - they are shady as fuck and I have doubts it will work out. At least, we could ruin their reputation.

I'm up for it, but I can't reach them anymore. They haven't send any legal contact.

*Image Removed*
parames3010

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 10:27:32 PM

I really find it sketchy that OP would fake a screenshot ? why does it say 480 BTC when there's no 480 BTC transaction to that address avaliable? SKETCHY
Steven009 (OP)

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 02:16:50 AM

Keeping this alive, situation not yet solved.

*Image Removed*
Steven009 (OP)

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 01:23:45 AM

They are still ignoring my tickets, yet they are resolving other user's issues. modus operandi is the same with them (selective scamming), yet mine is unsolved. I have provided the same if not more information than said users, yet they are still ignoring my tickets/thread.

*Image Removed*
BlockChains

Activity: 110

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 08:33:29 PM

They haven't replied to my help tickets either. I came back to sign in about two months ago to an account I hadn't signed into for maybe over a year. They said the password was reset and further instructions sent to my email. Nothing ever arrived to my email.  Then going and manually saying "forgot password" and entering email yields nothing. Then radio silence to two support tickets later where I was saying if they can't to send to the original email for some reason please send to an alternate email, along with all the proof it asks for on the site (such as previous logins and IP's and what wallet was used, etc). I just want to be able to log into my account.  Without being able to log in it seems they are keeping my several bitcoins hostage.

I just figured I'd register my complaint here along with the others here.
pbleak
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 03:25:59 PM

Ye are likely out of luck. btc-e is a pretty shady place. There is no obvious recourse behind the neg rep people have already given. I'd send a few more emails and then just accept it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: