Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 11:52:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Today's Best wallet  (Read 1426 times)
Gatorelf (OP)

Activity: 841
Merit: 266

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 02:17:06 PM

I got a wallet from coinbase as I saw some where it was rated the best. I notice every time I buy some BTC there is a small transaction fee like $2. I also notice the price for BTC always seems to be $15 to $20 higher than what its actually trading at.
The current price in coinbase may differ to what the btcs current price in other exchanges. That 2$ fee charged from your transaction is for the purchase not an incomming transaction fee.
My questions are, is this typical of all wallets? 
No. Coinbase is an exchange wallet. It differs functionality to other clients like a desktop wallet, hardware wallet, paper wallet, web wallets. etc.
Also I've never received BTC is there incoming fee's?
No. Fee is only charged upon sending a transaction. The sender always shoulder the fee and not the receiver.

Thanks all thats a lot of good info, I'll be moving some BTC to my other wallet today. Just playing around with small amounts ( under $100) till i get use to it all. I'm sure in the comings months/years there will be new services to look at and try. Main thing was I wanted to be able to learn all I can and pass that along to friends and family in the future.

great forum Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BitcoinExpart

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 03:01:21 PM

I got a wallet from coinbase as I saw some where it was rated the best. I notice every time I buy some BTC there is a small transaction fee like $2. I also notice the price for BTC always seems to be $15 to $20 higher than what its actually trading at.
The current price in coinbase may differ to what the btcs current price in other exchanges. That 2$ fee charged from your transaction is for the purchase not an incomming transaction fee.
No. Coinbase is an exchange wallet. It differs functionality to other clients like a desktop wallet, hardware wallet, paper wallet, web wallets. etc.
No. Fee is only charged upon sending a transaction. The sender always shoulder the fee and not the receiver.

Thanks all thats a lot of good info, I'll be moving some BTC to my other wallet today. Just playing around with small amounts ( under $100) till i get use to it all. I'm sure in the comings months/years there will be new services to look at and try. Main thing was I wanted to be able to learn all I can and pass that along to friends and family in the future.

great forum Smiley
So I thing its better for lock this thread right now if you realize that the solution are mentioned above are pretty much enough to come a decision about Best wallet.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄▄
▄████▀▀            ▀▀████▄
▄███▀                    ▀███▄
███▀       █████            ▀███
███         █████              ███
███        ▄▄█████    ▄█████▀    ███
██        ▄███████  ▄█████▀       ██
███       ▄████████▄█████▀         ███
███       ▀▀▀▀██████████           ███
███      ▄▄▄▄▄███████████          ███
███     ▄███████████▀█████         ███
██    ▄███████████▀  █████        ██
███   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████    █████      ███
███         █████     █████    ███
███▄                        ▄███
▀███▄                    ▄███▀
▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
▀▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
KRYLL
                ███
                ███
                ███
        ███  ███
        ███  ███
        ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
AUTOMATED CRYPTO TRADING STRATEGIES MADE SIMPLE
▁▁         Whitepaper   █   Token sale will start on Feb 7, 2018   █   Announcement         ▁▁

███
███
███  ███
███  ███
███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
13abyknight

Activity: 602
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 03:45:46 PM

Coinbase is basically a an exchange which also provides you with a wallet to trade your BTC.

I still use blockchain as my primary wallet because its fast, simple and has nice security features.
Devboy

Activity: 247
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 04:17:05 PM

Coinbase is basically a an exchange which also provides you with a wallet to trade your BTC.

I still use blockchain as my primary wallet because its fast, simple and has nice security features.
Basically I'm using both of two sites.Coinbase is a digital asset exchange company, there most of peple using it buy and sell bitcoin as a platform some of users using as a wallet but there have some tos those are mostly different other wallet.Some are really unfair.As reason many people suggest other wallet.Blockchain is also a good one,
modsa26

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 04:33:35 PM
Last edit: January 07, 2017, 11:13:48 PM by modsa26

Actually Im not using many different wallet but Im using electrum for pc,mobile copay or blockchain but nowadays Im not prefer Blockchain cuz there are some bugs (at least for mobile)

Gatorelf (OP)

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 05:20:39 PM

great forum Smiley
So I thing its better for lock this thread right now if you realize that the solution are mentioned above are pretty much enough to come a decision about Best wallet.

sure as soon as its not active, seems a few people still have some relevant input.  Who locks threads the initiator or a Mod ?
Superbit0

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 09:32:51 PM

+1 for electrum in my opinion its the best one and I have tested several wallets.
dailycoins

Activity: 139

Dailycoins.net

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2017, 09:39:48 PM

Mycelium is one of the best mobile wallets at the moment.

doona38317

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

Some day i too can have a avatar and be like you.

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 11:49:15 PM

Mycelium is one of the best mobile wallets at the moment.

And I think the bst wallet for PC or computer is blockchain because for newbies its safe and quick while for experienced people its safe in fact very safe and also it has ability to provide private key so no possible scams also.

Bitcoin bear will defeat you Bratcoin bulls. Bear bEAR bEAR!
Nesmo

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 12:51:34 PM

Coinbase is an Exchange, that also has a wallet.
The wallet service they maintain is very different from most wallets.
Most wallets are just programs to hold your privatekeys/addresses, not to trade or buy/sell.

With Bitcoin, the only fee is the miner's fee for being placed within a block, and that is paid by the sender.

I don't know about coinbase wallet as I only use blockchain for now.
looks like coinbase is a good exchange that offer many services about trading and bitcoin.
ReLieD

Activity: 546
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 11:43:17 AM

I use blockchain it is a good wallet
Well its good that you use blockchain , but i suppose we were living in the dark,
We didnt even know what block chain wallet is.
Thanks for using your precious time , sharing this valuable information about that wallet.
 Angry Well seeing your last posts i can see how good posts you make (Sarcasm).
Now i guess you might know why it is a good wallet. Not just because its holds money in that ,
But its is much easier than other wallets to use. Moreover it is the most trusted wallet by far.
Sending and receiving money is also done efficiently , making it the best wallet.

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█          ▄         ▄      ▄▄▄▄▄
█       ▄███      ▄███      █████
█        ████      ████     ▀▀▀▀▀
█         ████      ████
█          ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█           █████████████████████
█            ▀█████▄   ▀█████▄
█              ▀█████▀   ▀█████▀
█                 ▀▀        ▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█▀▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄▄█
wh04m1

Activity: 140

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 01:11:29 PM

I do not use online wallets. I use a desktop software to dont pay extra for my payments. I would recommend the electrum wallet for this. You only pay standard fee values in the Electrum wallet.
Gatorelf (OP)

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 10:39:28 PM

Thanks all a lot of good info I will go ahead a close the topic...
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: