Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:26:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ANT MINER S9 Socket connect failed: Connection refused  (Read 12778 times)
Kyphon (OP)

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 01:28:53 AM

not new to bitcoin but all of the "go to" remedies are not working...SMH

I power down the PSU. i use a EVGA SUPERnova 1600W G2.
Power on the PSU let it run for 20 or so min and ill get the Socket connect failed: Connection refused on the Overview page.

From there ill do a standard reset hold the power button down for 10 seconds. Nothing happens.

So i do a hard reset completely powering down the unit to then power back up with the same issue 20 or so min later.

Next i did a firmware update per Bitmain's Tech Support.

Used the current firmware listed on the website to update the firmware still nothing.

From there i was directed to Flash the "fix firmware" then flash the updated firmware again, still nothing.

All of the updates and fix firmware flashes are being done without restarts.

Any guidance on the matter would be of great help.

Thank you in advance.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sidehack
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1848

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 01:45:46 AM

Is it still auto-tuning? Turn it on, don't touch it for an hour, and then check how it's behaving.

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
Kyphon (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 05:41:17 AM

Is it still auto-tuning? Turn it on, don't touch it for an hour, and then check how it's behaving.

Auto tuning? i powered it up and let it run for 4 hours and still nothing
sidehack
Legendary

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 05:53:08 AM

Odd. S9 now ship with software that, on a cold start, tests each board for an "optimum" working frequency. This can take at least 20 minutes before it shows actual mining, sometimes longer hence why it's recommended to check it after an hour.

Was this a new machine or a used one?

Also, and I know it's a pretty hefty read, but there's lots of info in the actual S9 thread.

Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 04:46:07 PM
Merited by Looarn (1)

OP You don't mention it but have you actually entered your mining pool details?

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
elokk

Activity: 723
Merit: 519

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 10:04:13 PM

Try disconnecting the data cables and pci cables from hash boards, leaving only one board connected, power on and let run for 20 minutes to see if you can get any single board to hash. Power down and try next board. I have found on the R4 that one bad board will cause a "socket connect fail" and not allow the other good board to hash. Once I disconnect the bad board then the other will begin to hash fine.

I have not experienced this same effect on s9's with bad boards but all of mine are earlier Version 1 models, the R4 is Version 2 auto tune

t.me/bitcoinasic
sidehack
Legendary

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 10:09:29 PM

I had an S9 in hosting that would not hash at all if the one bad board was left in it. I don't recall if it gave this error or if cgminer just flatlined.

condourfx

Activity: 22

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 11:57:56 PM

Now I have same error : Socket connect failed: Connection refused  Huh Huh
Looarn

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 12:01:36 AM

If you use AntPool, can be normal as AntPool is currently down. Wink

If my post help you, you can tip me in FeatherCoin here: 6wgNso1AWVuGy5P5Rpc2bBoVaNaKzbxmyi
condourfx

Activity: 22

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 12:07:19 AM

yes I use Antpool ..now How I can know if antpool server work again or still down ?
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 2506

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 12:13:44 AM

yes I use Antpool ..now How I can know if antpool server work again or still down ?
And you have no other pool(s) set as failovers?Huh
Point it at https://www.kano.is  and see if it works....

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
Looarn

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 01:08:07 AM

It's back online right now. Wink

If my post help you, you can tip me in FeatherCoin here: 6wgNso1AWVuGy5P5Rpc2bBoVaNaKzbxmyi
Kyphon (OP)

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 02:04:40 AM

Odd. S9 now ship with software that, on a cold start, tests each board for an "optimum" working frequency. This can take at least 20 minutes before it shows actual mining, sometimes longer hence why it's recommended to check it after an hour.

Was this a new machine or a used one?

Also, and I know it's a pretty hefty read, but there's lots of info in the actual S9 thread.

Batch 11 machines that had previously run with no issue until i had to restart due to a board acting up.
Darthswan

Activity: 818
Merit: 508

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 03:17:16 PM

My batch 20 is doing the same thing.  I went through all of the steps bitmain warranty suggested and it still will not hash.  I've tried updating the firmware, nothing.  I want to try every step possible before going through the process of sending it back.  Has anyone tackled this head on?

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Looarn

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 05:26:07 PM

What does the kernel log said ?

ANTZ25

Activity: 29

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 10:05:06 PM

bitmain told me that that message is because at least one of the board are degraded (chips burnt) o total damage, try with a single board at a time, eventually worked for me, you have to wait a good 15-20 minutes, but at the end worked. I will recommend NOT TO USE the firmware on bitmain's site, is awful, try to find the stock firmware.
GamerBless

Activity: 8

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 02:37:24 PM

Either at least one of the hash board, controller board and / or PSU is faulty.

I have a similar case whereby after testing 1 hash board at a time and still the same result. I've used a neighboring miner's hash board and tested for hash board and controller board for fault.

I finally came to know that it was my PSU was faulty when I tested it with a neighboring miner and PSU, which incidentally was working perfectly well.
Whoareyou11

Activity: 3

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 03:01:16 AM

My little contribution here..I think i may have found a new failure mode for this socket error..I was getting the same socket connection error on my D3.

Tried everything - flashed firmware, checked router, changed PSU's..then followed the Bitmain's Troubleshooting tree..the recommend to power only the control board and see if you still get this error - if you dont, then its the hash boards (which is worse) ...I was still getting the error after only powering the control board..so was getting ready to change that..my unit is outside warranty, hence was going to order a new control board..slid out the old board, as you know, the board slides smoothly on guide rails inside the metal cover..to install, you got to push it back till the side pins snap back and lock the board..so i slid the board back and noticed that the reset button was not all the way depressed..a slight play in the position was pressing the reset button..i think..after i set it in position, the socket error was gone...not sure if this helps, but whateva..
Bajula

Activity: 166
Merit: 16

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 07:51:38 PM

My little contribution here..I think i may have found a new failure mode for this socket error..I was getting the same socket connection error on my D3.

Tried everything - flashed firmware, checked router, changed PSU's..then followed the Bitmain's Troubleshooting tree..the recommend to power only the control board and see if you still get this error - if you dont, then its the hash boards (which is worse) ...I was still getting the error after only powering the control board..so was getting ready to change that..my unit is outside warranty, hence was going to order a new control board..slid out the old board, as you know, the board slides smoothly on guide rails inside the metal cover..to install, you got to push it back till the side pins snap back and lock the board..so i slid the board back and noticed that the reset button was not all the way depressed..a slight play in the position was pressing the reset button..i think..after i set it in position, the socket error was gone...not sure if this helps, but whateva..

Strangely on both L3+ and D3 I have corrected this by (while it is running) unplugging the cat5 and giving it a few moments then plugging it back in (Though my system is using dhcp it has set ip's that it gives to the mining machines so either that or static should be okay) don't ask me WHY it works, but SO FAR it works.. might need to do it a couple of times.. oh! must be done after the machine has been up a few minutes and still has the socket error.
sz921

Activity: 35

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 10:38:57 PM

ive got the same issue with my antminer s9 13.5 th/s

i tried upgrading the firmware, factory resetting it, i also tried to ping the Bitmain netword(6 packets transmitted, 6 packets received, 0% packet loss)

the lights on the ethernet port on the back of the miner seems to be normal

i also just realized that the small red light on the middle hash board is not on

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: