Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:16:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Gox is stupid. Manipulates the market!  (Read 1588 times)
Remember remember the 5th of November (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011

Reverse engineer from time to time

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 06:03:05 PM

Look at this pic and tell me what's wrong.

There are two contradictory statements. First he says Market Cooldown, then in the message body that he is upgrading the servers. Does not compute. Gox is trying to manipulate the market/price!!! Right now it's not good for them so they just shutdown in order to maintain the price so they can profit even more!!!!

BTC:1AiCRMxgf1ptVQwx6hDuKMu4f7F27QmJC2
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
liquidplaya

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 06:11:30 PM

I saw that too...
Thought I would chalk it up to bad japanese english translation but MTGOX is really not japanese...
Bitcoins are worth about 80$ now.. they cant stop all other markets...
wopwop

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 06:13:13 PM

wtf you're right... that is a bit weird
Gimpeline

Activity: 555
Merit: 507

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 06:15:38 PM

MTGOX is on a bank hollyday, and that always work. Just look at Cyprus.

edit: just in case some didn't get it, the "always works" was meant as sarcasm
antibanker

Activity: 14

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 06:18:40 PM

Mt.Gox is like the EU Troika.

100% Stalin economic policy.

Hitler was more free market that the Goxers.
hodginsa

Activity: 42

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 06:31:33 PM

This just so happened to CaVirtEx when BTC was fluctuating like crazy... I wonder why. Shit like this makes the whole damn market look manipulated.  Roll Eyes

http://hodginsa.com/pics/yeahrightcavirtex.jpg

BTCisthefuture

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 06:44:18 PM

I agree this whole thing is a mess and reeks of people manipulating things or looking out for themselves.

Even thought BTC went up in price dramatically recently we should remember BTC is still in it's infant stages. Ultimately we will learn lessons from things like this and when things like this happen people will eventually come forward to provide better services.  We really are still in the wild wild west days of BTC.  I do believe though that in the long run things like this will only make us more wise and make bitcoin even stronger.

Hourly bitcoin faucet with a gambling twist !  http://freebitco.in/?r=106463
aeronautical

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2013, 06:53:49 PM

Agree dickheads!

1ANHKck2nyq82anGDwWDrBy3HJknDpkgzn  marioc@ieee.org
datguyian

Activity: 840
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 02:38:49 AM

If I had more time and better web dev skills... I would so be opening an exchange. The fact that everyone seems to refer to mt gox as the best or most established company in the biz (or whatever it is that got them up to this status) tells me that anyone with enough time, resources and creativity could make this market a hell of a lot better just by opening a PROFESSIONAL exchange platform. The main thing that keeps making me have any kind of negative thoughts about BTC and its future is the fact that all exchanges seem to be run by idiots. Mt. Gox looks nice on the outside but as soon as you dive deeper into it you realize the suck just as much as btc-e and their yahoo/aol chat box.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ▄▄██████████████▄
     █████████████████████▄
   █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀▀       ▀▀██████▄
 █████████               █████
▐███████▌                 ▀███▌
████████                   ████
▐██████▌                   ▐██▌
 ███████                   ███
  ███████                 ███
   ▀██████▄             ▄██▀
     ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
        ▀▀███████████▀▀

▄▄▄             ▄▄▄           ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
 ███             ███           ███   ███████▄      ███        ████████      ███                   ████████       ██████▄       ███   ███████████████▄
 ███             ███           ███   ███ ▀████     ███       ███▀  ▀███     ███                  ███▀  ▀███      ███ ▀███▄     ███   ███         ▀███
 ███             ███           ███   ███   ▀███▄   ███      ███▀    ▀███    ███                 ███▀    ▀███     ███   ████    ███   ███          ███
 ███             ███           ███   ███     ▀███▄ ███     ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████   ███                ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████    ███    ▀███▄  ███   ███          ███
 ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███       ███████    ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ███      ▀███▄███   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
  ▀████████████▌  ▀█████████████▀    ███        ▀▀████   ███▀          ▀███  ▀█████████████  ███▀          ▀███  ███        ▀▀████   █████████████▀▀
                     ▄▄███████
                 ▄████████████
              ▄██████▀▀▀██████
       ▄▄   ▄███████     ████
   ▄▄███▀  ██████████▄▄▄████▀
 ▄████▀▀  █████████████████
         ████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
          ▀█████████▀
     ▄█▀    ▀██▀▀   ▄▄
    ██  ▄█▀      ▄███▌
   █████▀        ███▀
   ▀▀▀          ███▀
                ▀     

▄█████████  ███       ██▄      ▄██         █████       ████▌   ▄██████████   
 ██▌          ███        ▀██▄  ▄██▀          ██▌███     ██▀██▌  ▐██           
 ███████████  ███          ▀████▀            ██▌ ███   ██▀ ██▌  ▐███████████   
 ██▌          ███▄          ▐██▌             ██▌  ███ ██▀  ██▌  ▐██           
 ██▌           ▀█████████   ▐██▌             ██▌   ▀███▀   ██▌   ▀██████████

█████████████▌  ▄███████████▄         █████████████▌  ██▌      ▐██    ▄██████████         █████       █████    ▄██████████▄     ▄██████████▄   ▐████▄     ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▀       ▀██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐██                  ██▌███     ███▐██   ▐██▀      ▀██▌   ▐██▀      ▀██▌  ▐██▀███    ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██         ██▌             ▐██        ████████████   ▐███████████         ██▌ ███   ███ ▐██   ▐██        ██▌   ▐██        ██▌  ▐██  ▀██▄  ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▄       ▄██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐█▌                  ██▌  ███ ███  ▐██   ▐██▄      ▄██▌   ▐██▄      ▄██▌  ▐██    ▀██▄▐██ 
      ▐██        ▀███████████▀              ▐██        ██▌      ▐██    ▀██████████         ██▌   ▀███▀   ▐██    ▀██████████▀     ▀██████████▀   ▐██      ▀████ 
  (
BUY LLN
)Twitter
Facebook
Telegram
Sage

Activity: 632
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 03:27:43 AM

It's not intended manipulation.

They simply cannot handle the demand.

Do you really think they want to give up all that money they would make it panic sells?  No way.  Their infrastructure simply cannot handle the demand.  Plain and simple.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: