Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:45:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Gox is playing market maker  (Read 908 times)
revans (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 02:18:01 AM

Absolutely obvious price manipulation by Gox, they are desperate to try and keep price at at least 80 but keep getting hammered back

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Manticore

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 02:20:46 AM
Last edit: April 12, 2013, 06:41:36 AM by Manticore

I believe they've been doing this all along.....
Manticore

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 02:42:29 AM

......at every support level. It's just taken awhile for people to notice.
revans (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 02:46:26 AM

It's so blatant, I guess because there is no regulator to slap them down they don't even have to bother trying to hide it. With their market control what they are doing is a sure-fire way to end up crashing bitcoin for good.
Manticore

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 02:58:34 AM
Last edit: April 12, 2013, 06:56:02 AM by Manticore

It's so blatant, I guess because there is no regulator to slap them down they don't even have to bother trying to hide it. With their market control what they are doing is a sure-fire way to end up crashing bitcoin for good.

Yes, it's like the US stock market in the 1920s. There are no regulations so anything goes. I don't think they want to fix the lag. I think the lag is how they control the market (IMO), quell panic selling, pump the bid/ask with tiny bot bids (or someone is, it seems), etc etc. I think they've been doing this blatantly for the past three months (always at major technical and psychological support levels) but most of the people on this forum, I assume, are not very involved in equities and don't realize how truly bizarre the pricing action is on Mt Gox. Or, they like that Gox might be pumping this....
Wuji

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 03:03:58 AM

Absolutely obvious price manipulation by Gox, they are desperate to try and keep price at at least 80 but keep getting hammered back

I don't think they are directly manipulating to keep it up or they would of done so above $200 and not let it go to $105.

I have however felt all day long that they only shutdown after seeing massive volume sell offs.  They reopened tonight to let everyone cool off in hopes of slowing it down.  This may backfire really bad tomorrow though if people simply lose faith in Mt. Gox since they still seem to be lagged to hell.  They didn't fix a damn thing it looks like.

They don't want lag to cause the price to plummet.  If you read the posts on their main page a couple weeks ago they were telling everyone to hold and not sell.  As if you can stop speculators from speculatin'.  Speculators gonna speculate.  Grin
keystroke

Activity: 900
Merit: 1014

advocate of a cryptographic attack on the globe

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 03:04:18 AM

Yes, it's like the US stock market in the 1920s. There are no regulations so anything goes. I don't think they want to fix the lag. The lag is how they control the market, quell panic selling, pump the bid/ask with tiny bot bids, etc etc. They've been doing this blatantly for the past three months (always at major technical and psychological support levels) but most of the people on this forum, I assume, are not very involved in equities and don't realize how truly bizarre the pricing action is on Mt Gox. Or, they like that Gox is pumping this....
Could you explain a bit more how they do this and what their goals are? I am interested in some technical details. Thanks!

"The difference between a castle and a prison is only a question of who holds the keys."
Manticore

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 03:28:10 AM
Last edit: April 12, 2013, 06:57:38 AM by Manticore

Could you explain a bit more how they do this and what their goals are? I am interested in some technical details. Thanks!

Someone who wants to keep the price up has been doing this....

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=173375
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=172540
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=170483
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: