Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:33:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Welcome back 2014!  (Read 1920 times)
bamboylee

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 08:32:19 PM

It recovered very quickly so there is nothing to be afraid of. It is just a normal market reaction. Remember the price quickly shoot to 1100+ just a few days ago. It is expected that there will be correction. It may still drop some more but when that happens, it is a perfect opportunity to buy not to panic.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 09:11:03 PM

The prime reason for 2014 fall down must be collapse of mtgox. As long as we are not facing any similar bitter things, we are no where going to experience 2014 again. There are lot of development with respect to bitcoin adoptions hence these bumps might lead to sustaining price levels.

Today's pullback was just a part of bitcoin's usual higher end fluctuations, certainly it will not trigger anything similar to 2014.
DefendKebab

Activity: 439
Merit: 250

Hassan Al-Kebab

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 09:21:01 PM

Lol so many bagholders who bought above 1100  people never learn, I think de price will go back to 500/600 dollar range and stay there for a while.

Bitcoin will never reach 800 or 600 again ? i heard that before  Cheesy  a few months later the price hit 240 dollar.

Güçlü Türkiye Kebab Defenderler
trigger1975

Activity: 252
Merit: 113

NFTs on Sale: https://bit.ly/2POlV17

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 09:31:33 PM

The prime reason for 2014 fall down must be collapse of mtgox. As long as we are not facing any similar bitter things, we are no where going to experience 2014 again. There are lot of development with respect to bitcoin adoptions hence these bumps might lead to sustaining price levels.

Today's pullback was just a part of bitcoin's usual higher end fluctuations, certainly it will not trigger anything similar to 2014.

Indeed MtGox was hard for the price in 2014 and dropped the price even lower that time.  But the collapse started before MtGox and it dropped rapidly and it I assume it would also (maybe not that low or not that fast) without MtGox.  Let's see where this ride is going now.

//alex
angaper

Activity: 966
Merit: 507

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 10:08:12 PM

I think the current conditions are very different from those experienced then, because in 2013 we did not have any reference about what could be the limit on the price of bitcoin, but now we do have a reference in that matter, so a market correction  was highly expected around $1,100. I would rather expect a gradual recovery in price next days to $1,100 again, with a extended stay at that level.
trigger1975

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 10:11:41 PM

Nice zig-zag pattern … Not really sure how to interpret this right now.

What do you guys think?

//alex
rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 10:15:32 PM

I think the current conditions are very different from those experienced then, because in 2013 we did not have any reference about what could be the limit on the price of bitcoin, but now we do have a reference in that matter, so a market correction  was highly expected around $1,100. I would rather expect a gradual recovery in price next days to $1,100 again, with a extended stay at that level.
Yes, this is the second time and that this alone more than enough to differentiate the current situations are not the repetition of 2014. Moreover the strong bitcoin adoption and interests of from China investors will not let bitcoin to fall down anything happened in 2014.
diegz

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 01:38:46 AM

Keep calm.  Smiley if you haven't invested real money in bitcoin, you should have no reason to panic sell what's on your stash. This isn't the same as 2014 crash, and I think we most of us is expecting this since the price surge from December is already over, same as last year, when the December fever was over, there was a drop, just got worsen by the drama and the heist that happened.

Probably a repeat of history but not a hard fall since the community already learned and just look at the price movement as an opportunity. I think we will be having a long boring little price movements from now on.

Zigsss

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 01:42:46 AM

Its a bit like 2014 indeed but I think that this one is better because its going slower and on a more stable way most likely.
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 11:39:42 PM

Here comes the crash Grin.This is the problem with people panic selling. bitcoin price falling down now lol.It was 950$ on btc-e and i refresed the page 5 minutes later and down to 876$. I am a lifetime bitcoin holder and i can take it.I know it will rise again.what do you guys think? i think now price will reach back 600$ in no time. :/

I dont think we are ready for 2014. at least not yet. And there was no crash, price just steadily declined whole year. More drastically in second half.

As I said we are far from 2014 right now. We will still see a lot of rise in Bitcoin price before 2014 will come back. It is more likely 2014 will happen in 2018 then in 2017.
Barbut

Activity: 1694
Merit: 502

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 10, 2017, 02:19:56 AM

This is nothing like 2014. What we had was a healthy correction and soon we'll rise again.

I hope you are right, this price decrease is torture for all of us here. I wasn't here 3 years ago, but on the chart's we are much here then before, and I doubt that price will fall drastically.
Let's wait with conclusions about the price, I think we still are not so far from last halving, bitcoin needs time to fins good foothold.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
unknown04

Activity: 219
Merit: 100

Art is the triumph over chaos

View Profile
January 10, 2017, 03:34:16 AM

No, 2014 is not coming back. I don't think it will. In fact, it's more stable now and stronger. It possible to go up again to $1k+

Don't you think the situation right now it's almost the same like when we're at $700+... it goes up and down but stays within $700. So I think it is quite healthy now.
pealr12

Activity: 1946
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 10, 2017, 06:33:43 AM

Here comes the crash Grin.This is the problem with people panic selling. bitcoin price falling down now lol.It was 950$ on btc-e and i refresed the page 5 minutes later and down to 876$. I am a lifetime bitcoin holder and i can take it.I know it will rise again.what do you guys think? i think now price will reach back 600$ in no time. :/
No more crash ,no more panic selling ,bitcoin will stay above 800$  forever.  Bitcoin is only playing at the price of 800$ and up,and it will surely goes up after months .  The target price would  2500$ within this year. Collect and hold thats the best thing to do right now.
RealityTruth

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

narrowpathnetwork.com

View Profile
January 10, 2017, 06:55:25 AM

All these opinions doesn't really matter if it's not even possible to buy more coins if the block size issue is not solved soon.

BartS

Activity: 980
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 10, 2017, 07:01:25 AM

I don’t think the price is going to crash that much because difficult times for the world economies loom ahead and this will only reinforce bitcoin by showing to the world how frail the economic system really is.
Nahl
Legendary

Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 10, 2017, 12:22:08 PM

i wouldn't say no for bitcoin because i still remember that from $1200 the price could dropped at $300 below but i think big crash won't happening this time because the price still steady at $900 however i have feeling that this year would be different and probably the price won't back to $600 at least for next several months
alyssa85
Legendary

Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 10, 2017, 12:33:08 PM

The price tanked in 2014 because of the MtGox fiasco, which hurt confidence (plus lots of people lost money).

And in 2016, the price dropped a bit when bitfinex got hacked.

Hopefully the exchanges have learnt lessons and have beefed up security and have taken out insurance. Confidence in the infrastructure is bitcoin's main weakness.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
January 10, 2017, 12:44:25 PM

i wouldn't say no for bitcoin because i still remember that from $1200 the price could dropped at $300 below but i think big crash won't happening this time because the price still steady at $900 however i have feeling that this year would be different and probably the price won't back to $600 at least for next several months

everyone did not want to hope so. everyone would like to hope that the price of bitcoin will be increased significantly.
due to the price increase will make bitcoin getting bigger in the world financial system.
afbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1061

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2017, 03:08:59 PM

Back then the US government was selling thousands of bitcoin taken from silk road in auctions. That was an oversupply and price dropped. Thats not happening now
trigger1975

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 08:56:26 PM

When this thread and the first crash after bounce back from ATH started, I was thinking: no, Jan 2017 is not 2014!  History does not repeat.  But today I'm no longer sure.  First ATH bounce back, today this news: https://qz.com/881373/bitcoin-btc-price-crashed-because-of-notices-issued-by-the-peoples-bank-of-china/.  If MtGox would still be alive, I'd bet now, they are defaulting in a month.  Now, any exchange going to be hacked or defaulted now?

//alex
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: