Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:34:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is buying an ASIC even worth it?  (Read 1396 times)
pixel (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

x1 7970 | Aprox. 587 kh/s

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 04:06:49 AM

I'm hearing alot about how when ASIC's get in the hands of alot of miners the profitability will just plummit as it did (or is) with GPU mining. No body seems to even be shipping yet but with people like BFL selling 5 gh/s units for about $275 its tempting.

What do you all think and/or recommend?

Currently Mining: Litecoin, Xencoin, and Worldcoin (Just because its fun!, don't yell at me ;_;)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Frizz23

Activity: 1162
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 04:12:36 AM

No body seems to even be shipping yet but with people like BFL selling 5 gh/s units for about $275 its tempting.

Sell yes.
Ship no.

Nice find from Kelticfox here: https://forums.butterflylabs.com/pre-sales-questions/1709-browsing-bfl-facebook-page-made-me-chuckle.html#post23137
Thought I share this with you for giggles ...

Kelticfox: I was linked to the BFL Facebook page today and was flicking through the old posts and this made me chuckle.....

20th September 2012

27th November 2012

13th December 2012

18th January 2013

22nd January 2013

22nd January 2013

26th February 2013

26th February 2013

Made me chuckle.... got to the 26th February and BFL are like "Screw it.... "

Ξtherization⚡️First P2E 2016⚡️🏰💎🌈 etherization.org
Epicblood

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 04:16:08 AM

I thought the 5 GH/s seemed tempting too, even if just for the hell of it as it probably won't get much profit, and I would buy it, that is if they shipped and I knew for a fact that I wouldn't have to wait more than a month for my purchase to arrive.

1AbYgR1FspHBB5EqyaxX6MrT6jmc7eMVEQ
Looking for Scrypt miner for ML605
Revolutionary MoneyMaking! Build your own cloud miner!
Frizz23

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 04:43:06 AM

I thought the 5 GH/s seemed tempting too, even if just for the hell of it as it probably won't get much profit, and I would buy it, that is if they shipped and I knew for a fact that I wouldn't have to wait more than a month for my purchase to arrive.

They are going to ship in two weeks.

allinvain
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2013, 04:45:45 AM

You mean two months, right?

Epicblood

Activity: 126

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 04:47:41 AM

they've been saying that for a long time my friend, I'll believe it when I see it.

1AbYgR1FspHBB5EqyaxX6MrT6jmc7eMVEQ
Looking for Scrypt miner for ML605
Revolutionary MoneyMaking! Build your own cloud miner!
Frizz23

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 04:54:01 AM

Wayne_Chang

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 05:10:12 AM

8)HAHA!Good joke! They always delay!
DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 05:14:15 AM

Earth weeks or Jupiter weeks?
datguyian

Activity: 840
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 05:29:33 AM

Man I'm really glad I ran across this forum before I bought a shit load of jalapenos. Because I was about to, as their webpage looks plenty legit and all that good stuff. And then I started reading more about bitcoin and eventually found this forum. And also found out that BFL is a joke from what I've read.

I'm sorry... company's have their issues, but if you are not absolutely sure you can deliver when you say you can deliver, don't take orders. Even if they do deliver (I'm thinking by the end of the year they may have something to deliver... if not then they're sitting on their private island that they purchased with everyone's pre-order money), for me it's a principal of not wanting to do business with someone that can't keep their word. A week or two would be an understandable delay, not months.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ▄▄██████████████▄
     █████████████████████▄
   █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀▀       ▀▀██████▄
 █████████               █████
▐███████▌                 ▀███▌
████████                   ████
▐██████▌                   ▐██▌
 ███████                   ███
  ███████                 ███
   ▀██████▄             ▄██▀
     ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
        ▀▀███████████▀▀

▄▄▄             ▄▄▄           ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
 ███             ███           ███   ███████▄      ███        ████████      ███                   ████████       ██████▄       ███   ███████████████▄
 ███             ███           ███   ███ ▀████     ███       ███▀  ▀███     ███                  ███▀  ▀███      ███ ▀███▄     ███   ███         ▀███
 ███             ███           ███   ███   ▀███▄   ███      ███▀    ▀███    ███                 ███▀    ▀███     ███   ████    ███   ███          ███
 ███             ███           ███   ███     ▀███▄ ███     ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████   ███                ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████    ███    ▀███▄  ███   ███          ███
 ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███       ███████    ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ███      ▀███▄███   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
  ▀████████████▌  ▀█████████████▀    ███        ▀▀████   ███▀          ▀███  ▀█████████████  ███▀          ▀███  ███        ▀▀████   █████████████▀▀
                     ▄▄███████
                 ▄████████████
              ▄██████▀▀▀██████
       ▄▄   ▄███████     ████
   ▄▄███▀  ██████████▄▄▄████▀
 ▄████▀▀  █████████████████
         ████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
          ▀█████████▀
     ▄█▀    ▀██▀▀   ▄▄
    ██  ▄█▀      ▄███▌
   █████▀        ███▀
   ▀▀▀          ███▀
                ▀     

▄█████████  ███       ██▄      ▄██         █████       ████▌   ▄██████████   
 ██▌          ███        ▀██▄  ▄██▀          ██▌███     ██▀██▌  ▐██           
 ███████████  ███          ▀████▀            ██▌ ███   ██▀ ██▌  ▐███████████   
 ██▌          ███▄          ▐██▌             ██▌  ███ ██▀  ██▌  ▐██           
 ██▌           ▀█████████   ▐██▌             ██▌   ▀███▀   ██▌   ▀██████████

█████████████▌  ▄███████████▄         █████████████▌  ██▌      ▐██    ▄██████████         █████       █████    ▄██████████▄     ▄██████████▄   ▐████▄     ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▀       ▀██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐██                  ██▌███     ███▐██   ▐██▀      ▀██▌   ▐██▀      ▀██▌  ▐██▀███    ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██         ██▌             ▐██        ████████████   ▐███████████         ██▌ ███   ███ ▐██   ▐██        ██▌   ▐██        ██▌  ▐██  ▀██▄  ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▄       ▄██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐█▌                  ██▌  ███ ███  ▐██   ▐██▄      ▄██▌   ▐██▄      ▄██▌  ▐██    ▀██▄▐██ 
      ▐██        ▀███████████▀              ▐██        ██▌      ▐██    ▀██████████         ██▌   ▀███▀   ▐██    ▀██████████▀     ▀██████████▀   ▐██      ▀████ 
  (
BUY LLN
)Twitter
Facebook
Telegram
nathanrees19

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 09:07:46 AM

Man I'm really glad I ran across this forum before I bought a shit load of jalapenos. Because I was about to, as their webpage looks plenty legit and all that good stuff. And then I started reading more about bitcoin and eventually found this forum. And also found out that BFL is a joke from what I've read.

They're definitely late as all fuck.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: