Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:56:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Open Scammer DataBase - Never get scammed again  (Read 1337 times)
Emerge
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 05:50:33 PM

I have a question..

I see Gravitate is added there in your scammer database.
Currently his case is disputed, so why is he already branded as a scammer?

Also, how would this be open if it has to be reviewed by a centralized party?

The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Moritz30 (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 06:04:40 PM

I have a question..

1. Gravitate has been removed when the case was resolved
2. If it would not have to be reviewed then everyone could just list themselves as trusted and others as scammers. Also we accept every real submission.
Emerge
Legendary

Activity: 854

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 06:33:43 PM

I have a question..

2. If it would not have to be reviewed then everyone could just list themselves as trusted and others as scammers. Also we accept every real submission.

Doesn't seem reasonable enough, but I'll watch your developments for a while. In that case then maybe I can get in touch with you and your team for something soon.
digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 07:21:52 PM

<snip>
This is very cute, having a trust system completely off site of bitcointalk forums, but why not just click on "trust" in everyone's profile and decide whether that person is trusted or not? why do we want to go to your site for doing that? imo a total waste of time and a failed attempt to get some bitcoin as donation.
Yep, that's a derp and a half.  This is exactly what our trust system here is for, and it's much easier to use than this digital Rube Goldberg contraption OP is pitching.  Also, OP should probably see if that red trust he got from yahoo can somehow be resolved.  Not smart to try to start up an escrow service when you're a newbie.

The red trust on these forums has zero value, so that's not true at all. You can pay people on the default trust list to neg rep anyone you want. You can also BUY rep by buying a DT account. Trust on these forums is absolutely worthless. You should follow the person's history, not whether or not they ticked off someone by saying something and got neg repped to oblivion even though they did nothing wrong.

Yeah all i takes is for someone to get butt hurt about something you said and you can get some red trust.
The trust system on any forum is a joke because they most of the time don't even keep track of it.
Also they offer no punishments for false reports against people.
I believe trust system here should be moderated and mods (DT members) decide who receives the red tag and there should be some rules about it as well,the feedback comments there already and many people may have been scammed but the scammer never received red trust and that is why we need some new rules, however one needs to check their buyers/sellers trust feedbacks whether with red or green scores.

If you ever see DT members abusing trust you need to make a thread and keep it on top for a few weeks at least only if diplomacy(being nice to them and asking as polite as it gets without any harsh words) didn't work and the abuse was repeated.
I have seen DT members removed after abusing the system and or being reported.

🖤😏
Moritz30 (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 07:24:14 PM

<snip>
This is very cute, having a trust system completely off site of bitcointalk forums, but why not just click on "trust" in everyone's profile and decide whether that person is trusted or not? why do we want to go to your site for doing that? imo a total waste of time and a failed attempt to get some bitcoin as donation.
Yep, that's a derp and a half.  This is exactly what our trust system here is for, and it's much easier to use than this digital Rube Goldberg contraption OP is pitching.  Also, OP should probably see if that red trust he got from yahoo can somehow be resolved.  Not smart to try to start up an escrow service when you're a newbie.

The red trust on these forums has zero value, so that's not true at all. You can pay people on the default trust list to neg rep anyone you want. You can also BUY rep by buying a DT account. Trust on these forums is absolutely worthless. You should follow the person's history, not whether or not they ticked off someone by saying something and got neg repped to oblivion even though they did nothing wrong.

Yeah all i takes is for someone to get butt hurt about something you said and you can get some red trust.
The trust system on any forum is a joke because they most of the time don't even keep track of it.
Also they offer no punishments for false reports against people.
I believe trust system here should be moderated and mods (DT members) decide who receives the red tag and there should be some rules about it as well,the feedback comments there already and many people may have been scammed but the scammer never received red trust and that is why we need some new rules, however one needs to check their buyers/sellers trust feedbacks whether with red or green scores.

If you ever see DT members abusing trust you need to make a thread and keep it on top for a few weeks at least only if diplomacy(being nice to them and asking as polite as it gets without any harsh words) didn't work and the abuse was repeated.
I have seen DT members removed after abusing the system and or being reported.

It is also a problem to have negative trust without having scammed anyone. Trust me. I know that Wink
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 08:12:26 PM

I have a question..

List them as being in dispute, then, rather than as a scammer. You can't brand someone using an assumption when it's not proven.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
Moritz30 (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 11:02:12 PM

I have a question..

List them as being in dispute, then, rather than as a scammer. You can't brand someone using an assumption when it's not proven.

We currently only have trusted and scammer. But soon there will be suspicious.
SparkedDev

Activity: 896

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 11:25:28 PM

I have a question..

We currently only have trusted and scammer. But soon there will be suspicious.

Oh that will be useful.

.BITVEST DICE.
HAS BEEN RELEASED!

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Moritz30 (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 11:44:59 PM

Most of todays submissins have been processed. Gonna sleep now and then I will process the others. You guys actually submitted some stuff. A lot of people got on the trust list today (Mostly Heros, Legendaries and Staff but also other users, companies and domains).
SparkedDev

Activity: 896

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 12:20:47 AM

Most of todays submissins have been processed. Gonna sleep now and then I will process the others. You guys actually submitted some stuff. A lot of people got on the trust list today (Mostly Heros, Legendaries and Staff but also other users, companies and domains).
Alright have a good night im sure you will wake up to many more submission

.BITVEST DICE.
HAS BEEN RELEASED!

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Qartersa

Activity: 868
Merit: 535

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 03:54:53 AM

I don't think this is even useful. It's really just a redundant function we already have on this forum. That is why we have a trust system in place to prevent scams. Also, it could be a mode of destroying someone's reputation as well as improving someone else reputation by placing fake transactions. Well, if it's running already and people will supporting it then probably it can be an added layer of protection.
deadsilent

Activity: 1148
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 04:05:11 AM

I have a question..

I think the database is just mistaken. Gravitate is a trusted member here. I saw on his thread on service section which is ethibits. I saw some good feedbacks and i think he will manage a signature campaign soon. The op is the one should not be trust. His negative trust says it all.
LuanX3

Activity: 756
Merit: 505

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 04:43:30 AM

I have a question..

I think the database is just mistaken. Gravitate is a trusted member here. I saw on his thread on service section which is ethibits. I saw some good feedbacks and i think he will manage a signature campaign soon. The op is the one should not be trust. His negative trust says it all.

I think this is an inherent problem with this database. It is not connected in any way to bitcointalk.org and it is trying to create a database of it. Therefore, there would be inconsistencies in it because there is only a single person that updates the database too.
Moritz30 (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 05:05:00 AM

I have a question..

Gravitate was removed almost instantly after his case was resolved. Also he was only listed as scammer as we don't have a status for not finished cases yet.

I have a question..

I think this is an inherent problem with this database. It is not connected in any way to bitcointalk.org and it is trying to create a database of it. Therefore, there would be inconsistencies in it because there is only a single person that updates the database too.

I am constantly searching for people to help managing it. I just can't find anyone.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3073

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2017, 05:06:28 AM

Never get scammed again!

Can't wait for the lawsuits when someone gets scammed after checking this site.   Undecided

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Moritz30 (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 05:22:38 AM

Never get scammed again!

Can't wait for the lawsuits when someone gets scammed after checking this site.   Undecided

1. The main thread says you should be carefully. That will also be added to the website.
2. Good luck finding out where I live
3. I doubt someone will file a lawsuit to Germany for such a reason.
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 05:56:49 AM

I am constantly searching for people to help managing it. I just can't find anyone.

It's hard because it's a time-intensive process. Do you have a plan to monetize, and if so, pay managers?

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
fotopajizo

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 06:01:37 AM

What's the point if anyone can send fake reports for really trustly users?
Moritz30 (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 06:06:10 AM

It's hard because it's a time-intensive process. Do you have a plan to monetize, and if so, pay managers?

I already sent applications to top ad networks. Also I am selling banner and skyscraper ads in the thread that can be found here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1744133.msg17440435#msg17440435

I am however willing to take 50% of everything the site earns and pay managers with it.

BTW: It is a good time to buy ads now. Both TheDragonTeam and OSDB are growing very fast. TheDragonTeam will be at 1 million users soon. And we still sell add for 0.05$/1000 impressions. You can also buy for clicks or a time span. We use professional systems also used by a lot of others. We use this systems to split between our ad system and third party ads and to split between self sold ads.

What's the point if anyone can send fake reports for really trustly users?

We manually check every submission. We don't want to end up like the forum trust system.
pinkflower

Activity: 868
Merit: 259

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 07:21:35 AM

Today I launched a service called Open Scammer DataBase (OSDB). Our goal is to lower scam rates.

How can I use it?
Just go to https://osdb.pw every time you want to trade with someone. There you just enter the username of the person you want to trade with and after some milliseconds the website will answer with one of four options:
- <username> is trusted. - This means the user you searched for is known as being trusted and it is virtually impossible they scam you
- <username> is a known scammer. - This means the user you searched for is known as being a scammer. It is quite sure that he will scam you. DO NOT TRADE
- Failed to contact database - Something went wrong on our side and the database couldn't be checked for the username. Just try it again later.
- <username> could not be found in our database. - This means the user is unknown. You don't have to be more careful than usually but you should be careful anyways.

How can I submit scammers?
Please first go to https://osdb.pw and check if the user is already marked as scammer. If not go to https://osdb.pw/submit-scammer.html and enter the usernsme of the scammer and a reference as verification about the scam. We will check and (if the report was real) add it to our database as soon as possible.

How can I submit a trusted person?
Please do the same as nmfor scammers but use the form at https://osdb.pw/submit-trusted.html

How can I support you?
For financial support which helps us keeping the site running and updated you can donate to the bitcoin address 17gHuJyTSSFJoqZ3wN6FbTyEu9sKfLW57B . Everything sent there will be used for OSDB.
A great way to support us is submitting trusted people and scammers, too

Its very ironic that you offer an anti scamming service but you yourself have negative trust. How do we know you are not a wolf in sheep's clothing?

I didnt click any of your links and I suggest everyone also not to click them.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: