Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:01:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I can no longer control my 5850's fan?  (Read 745 times)
ElectroGeek007 (OP)

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 16, 2011, 01:36:15 AM

I bought an XFX 5850 a couple days ago, the model with the center-mounted fan. I installed it, along with a fresh installation of Windows 7, did some tweaking, and left it to run overnight. When I woke up, I found that the computer had frozen, so I did a hard reboot and everything looked fine, except that I can no longer control the fan speed more than +/- 200-300 rpm, from about 1000-1300 rpm. I have tried many things in order to fix it today, including reinstalling Windows, reinstalling different versions of Catalyst/drivers, and reinstalling MSI Afterburner, all to no avail. Is there anything else I missed, or should I try to RMA it? Also, might this problem be fixable via BIOS flashing, such as RBE?

"And what the enemy will see, they will see the flash of our cannons, and they will hear the ringing of our swords, and they will know what we can do! By the sweat of our brow and the strength of our backs and the courage in our hearts! Gentlemen, hoist the colors!"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: