Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 11:40:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How can you be optimistic short term at this point?  (Read 1779 times)
niko

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 04:51:48 AM

Ten seconds after reading the OP, I can't even recall the supposed list of reasons to be pessimistic.

Bitcoin works perfectly fine. I quit using gox a while ago.  Most of my savings are in btc. I've been cashing out a little bit at predecided price points. Now I'm buying back at a profit. I can pay for more and more services and goods with btc. I can continue to use it to move money across borders, quickly and easily. There are even some arbitrage opportunities if I bother to watch and wait. Finally, the big pictute - Bitcoin is doing great, with some growing pains:

They're there, in their room.
Your mining rig is on fire, yet you're very calm.
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 06:44:21 AM

BTC is doing fine; the exchanges have some growing pains. Wait until Wall Street wants a piece of the action.....  Cool

simplydt

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2013, 06:47:42 AM

I suggest obtaining BTC for their purchasing power, not their exchange rate into USD.

This will only work once people start selling for BTC, and not for BTC based on how much FIAT they will get for their BTC. If you look at all BTC sales everybody adjusts BTC for inflation/deflation; so if you are a buyer with FIAT and want to buy BTC for their purchasing power, doesnt it make sense to wait until it levels out?
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: