Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:43:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Money laundering via BTC  (Read 39152 times)
IBXNetwork

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 07:21:38 PM

In January 2018, Yaya Fanusie, director of analysis for the Foundation for Defense of Democracies’ Center on Sanctions and Illicit Finance (CSIF), released a study entitled “Bitcoin Laundering: An Analysis of Illicit Flows into Digital Currency Services.” The study concludes:

Less than one percent of Bitcoin transactions used for illicit activities.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
yoseph

Activity: 868
Merit: 266

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 07:24:05 PM

Is it possible to do money laundering via bitcoin? I mean as no one knows if you have bitcoin and how much bitcoin do you actually own, it could be used to convert black money to white right? Or at least store your black money without much hassle. But there is the risk of its value but I think for people who have lots of black money and don't want to be caught, this risk might be worth taking for them isn't it?
What are your thoughts?

This issue of bitcoin is really sad but true. But don't worry because if you know yourself that the coins you gained are not from any illegal activity,  you wouldn't need to fear that karma will hunt you down. The problem here is that we humans are in so much greed with the things around us. I feel bad about how good crypto is but some other people misuse it.
There are numerous ways that people can launder money but with the Emergence of Bitcoins and cryptos, it has been very easy for them to launder money no wonder why most governments are planning to regulate the currency.
royalfestus

Activity: 2408
Merit: 516

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 07:30:23 PM

money laundering is not meant only for those having black money, sometimes for those who does not want government monitoring their money movement. Except for the anonymity of any transaction, all transaction can be traced. Money laundering is not legal terms in all countries and cant be consider a crime for all bitcoin owners who had converted their money to their willing asset.
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 07:40:37 PM

Is it possible to do money laundering via bitcoin?

Of course it is possible.

I mean as no one knows if you have bitcoin and how much bitcoin do you actually own, it could be used to convert black money to white right?

Nobody knows how much cash you have under your bed either. You can also launder your money via potatoes and cash. I think you might be getting money laundering confused with tax evasion (or something else), though. Money laundering is taking dirty money and making it clean by putting it through legitimate businesses.  Say you're a drug dealer and are making a healthy living through that, you then have a lot of dirty money that you can't do anything legitimate with. So you then set up some legitimate business. Say a hair dresser or computer repair shop. You then funnel that money through those businesses so the money becomes legitimate and you pay taxes accordingly. You can then buy your mansion and Lamborghinis all legitimately. Using bitcoin doesn't automatically launder your cash for you but it can help to keep it away from the prying eyes of the police or whoever else you want to hide it from, but you will still have to find a way of legitimizing the cash through 'real' businesses.

Nasonn

Activity: 616
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 08:18:33 PM

It is very possible, although it doesn't have full anonymity as many would think. A person who wishes to launder money will have to create many accounts which is very possible and send the transactions one after the other.
frankiemalton

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 08:31:54 PM

Since its inception, Bitcoin has aimed at becoming digital cash that people could use instead of actual cash. It is important to note that all of the money laundering and illegal activities that Bitcoins can be used for, can also be done via cash.
drwhobox

Activity: 756
Merit: 133

- hello doctor who box

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 08:41:09 PM

Is it possible to do money laundering via bitcoin? I mean as no one knows if you have bitcoin and how much bitcoin do you actually own, it could be used to convert black money to white right? Or at least store your black money without much hassle. But there is the risk of its value but I think for people who have lots of black money and don't want to be caught, this risk might be worth taking for them isn't it?
What are your thoughts?
money laundering is possible but some can still trace you and even ask you when withdrawing “where did your big amounts of Bitcoin from?” Even when you use mixing services or transfer the funds to many different wallets.
kickdapa

Activity: 627
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 08:48:50 PM

Yes, it is possible to launder money by bitcoin. that's why some countries banned bitcoin. Recently I was reading an article in a newspaper that in India or Bangladesh I am not sure, But They banned bitcoin for this reason. It is a bad impression of Bitcoin but I think every money has this bad impression. So, It is not a big deal anymore.

DunnDy

Activity: 132
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 09:05:41 PM

it is theoretically possible to make money laundering with Bitcoin. However, is it profitable and unsurpassed by the authorities? Definitely not, because Bitcoin is anonymous only superficially. Its structure makes it impossible to make it totally anonymous and indefinite. I would not recommend trying to do this to anyone because they may prove disastrous.

TRADE, EARN & OWN THE EXCHANGE           M o o n X           [    ●    JOIN ICO   -   S O O N    ●    ]
──────────     WHITEPAPER     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     LINKEDIN     TELEGRAM     CRUNCHBASE     ──────────
►   No Trading or ICO Listing Fees      ►   Superior to Nasdaq & LSE       ►   US$ 29M Raised in 2 Weeks!
hridoyb

Activity: 826
Merit: 250

Bitgesell (BGL) Decentralized Cryptocurrency!

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2018, 09:11:50 PM

What are your thoughts?
Yes many people invest their black money on bitcoin and cryptocurrency because its impossible to find identify of bitcoin owner. Bitcoin is a digital virtual currency so people can easily hide their black money buying bitcoin and trading.If government find that you try to invest your black money on bitcoin buying and selling than you must go on jail for money laundering case.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
        ██████████████▄▄▄
       ▐███████████████████▀
       ████████████████▀▀
                    ▀
                            ▄▄
      ███████████       ▄▄████
     ▐██████████▌      ███████
     ███████████      ███████▀
    ▐██████▌         ███████▀
    ███████       ▄▄███████▀
   ▐██████████████████████▀
  ▄█████████████████████▀
▄██████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████
█████▀               ██████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
██████▄       ▄████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
Mariela

Activity: 224
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 09:15:21 PM

Yes I think it is possible.
Because there are also people who are bitcoin holders that previously victim of money laundering thru BTC.
zhanyiguai261315

Activity: 392

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 10:44:05 PM

BTC is born with anonymity and lack of supervision. Before BTC was created, money laundering also existed, but BTC was used! It caused the criminals to use BTC to launder money and transfer property.
So most governments around the world ban BTC!
MbakNarti

Activity: 679
Merit: 254

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 10:55:01 PM

Many people say bitcoin is a tool for money laundering, but in my opinion that is not true because bitcoin is a very profitable investment and bitcoin is also very helpful for me to get better work and bitcoin is also the most valuable asset for me so I think what they think it is not true
zwiggel

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 11:23:13 PM

Right. Bitcoin is a place for people to wash money very well. Bitcoin's transactional operations are anonymous. It does not know the identity of any person. So it is appropriate for people to launder money illegally.
charlemagne_15

Activity: 357
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 11:27:48 PM

What are your thoughts?

Yes it is really possible that bitcoin can be used as a medium to so some money laundering. As a matter of fact, there are news that circulates in society that many people are being the victim of it. Since bitcoin is an anonymous and cannot be supervise, people tend to really use it for money laundering. Though money laundering is existed even before bitcoin, it just increase nowadays.

PTON PRE-SALE Live    █████████████     FORESTING     █████████████  PARTICIPATE NOW!
█████ next-generation social media service based on blockchain technology   ██████
 █ ██ █  ● Twitter ● Facebook ● Youtube ● Telegram [EN] ● Telegram [KOR] ● Medium  █ ██ █ 
snaper14

Activity: 243

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 11:33:59 PM

This is also one of the main reason for governments fearing bitcoin. Even if bitcoin is not fully anonymous, you can hide the identity of bitcoin holders by some tools. This acts hovewer can not be done now for huge amounts of money such as island countries are doing.

▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      BRIDGEX NETWORK      │      LEND · BORROW · CONVERT · SEND     ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄       Whitepaper     Telegram     Twitter     Medium     Facebook     LinkedIn       ▄▄▄▄▄▄
Nick Abimanyu

Activity: 406
Merit: 19

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 11:45:03 PM

Their goal to launder money using bitcoin is to keep their ownership assets from being tracked by government financial bodies, with bitcoin that anonymous, so the assets of the corrupt results they make will be safe on their wallet.
dadanpradana

Activity: 280

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 08:30:00 AM

the answer is that there can be laundering and even corruption of FIAT corruption in Bitcoin, because every Bitcoin has a difficult wallet address to investigate who owns it.

the other thing with you save or hoard your corruption results in Exchange, later when there is an investigation will be in the know where to run where the Bitcoin shaped money is sent right, because the authorities are entitled to the Exchange's introgation.
Missterio

Activity: 308

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 08:39:01 AM

There are rogues everywhere in the world. Even in ordinary life there are deceivers from this will not get rid in any way.
Ipwich

Activity: 1050
Merit: 529

Student Coin

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 10:42:29 AM

There are rogues everywhere in the world. Even in ordinary life there are deceivers from this will not get rid in any way.
Money laundering is existing because there are crimes everywhere.
The government is fully aware that crypto is one of the best way to launder money that is why we have to prepared for regulation.
They will do it to protect the investors and with that it will help people to trust crypto as its regulated.

STUDENTCOIN