Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 08:22:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: HELP can't even boot up  (Read 1128 times)
superdork (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 11:48:57 PM

I had my brand new computer up and running last night. Tried to get litecoin going and I got an error message that popped up during the initial part of litecoin's startup where the wallet logo thing is in the middle of the screen.

I don't remember anything else bad happening but now my computer is absolutely useless. Will not boot, I can't even get into the BIOS menu to check settings, what the hell am I supposed to do.

I am contemplating returning the HDD the mobo and the CD drive and starting with fresh parts.

Error message I have gotten today

(1)    (as soon as I turn it on)

PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable
PXE-061: Media test failure, check cable
PXE-M0F: Exiting Intel PXE ROM

then

boot and select proper boot device
insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key

**press a key and it says the same thing again.

(2) Windows starts up, (it was installed and working last night)

then It goes to a screen that says "starting windows"   

I run the install driver until I get to "where do you want to install windows?"

no drives appear.... if I choose

To Install the device driver needed to access your hard drive, insert the installation media containing the driver files and the click ok

then no matter what driver disc I put in it says:

No signed device drivers were found. Make sure that the installation media contains the correct drivers, and then click OK.

Should I just return everything and start over? I'm getting pretty fucking pissed. I have spent my entire day looking at error message and remembering why I switched to Mac in the first place, but I want to mine, built a kick ass rig and now the fucking software wont work. HELP

feel free to leave a tip in my daughter's college fund if you found my posts helpful 1HiCE3vX7yr7Yqy4yHf36x4w1cmSEsrTbM

(or if you just want some good karma!)
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 01:19:22 AM

No offense but perhaps this rig building is not for you.  I know the feeling you're having.  I've built tons of miners and 3 weeks ago I was ready to snap a Mobo in 1/2.  I was working in an office with an ambient of 95F due to the mining and the AC being offline.  You ever try kneeling and getting up off a hard floor in a dimly lit office with an ambient of 95F - I swear I was going to go postal.  Didn't help I was trying to diagnose the problem with a brand new card that ended up being dead.  I was using all working older hardware too.

If you get this frustrated building the rig it will only get worse when you're trying to get the cards stable.  Try finding a bitcoiner in your local area who would be willing to help you out and tip them 1 BTC or something.  Otherwise you probably won't be mining for a week.
zero-asic

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 06:25:02 AM

Try two things.

1) If your hard drive is not connected directly to the motherboard, then connect it directly to the motherboard.

2) Find the BIOS settings for the hard drive.  Try toggling the ACHI setting if there is one.

Eloipool + bitcoind Ubuntu 12.04 install scripts: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=171782.0
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: