Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 05:27:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin-24.com matching engine seems broken, site down.  (Read 64384 times)
Herodes

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 01:22:43 PM

I just registered and made my very first deposit on the site. I did't even use the fucking site previously.

Just out of curiosity, giving the history of a lot of bitcoin exchanges, did you do any research prior to depositing the money ? Not trying to be a smartass, just asking ?

I've got just as much sympathy with you as the next guy (meaning that this shouldn't happen and that it sucks).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
keatonatron

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

Jack of oh so many trades.

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 01:51:32 PM

I just registered and made my very first deposit on the site. I did't even use the fucking site previously.

Just out of curiosity, giving the history of a lot of bitcoin exchanges, did you do any research prior to depositing the money ? Not trying to be a smartass, just asking ?

It was the second biggest after Mt. Gox in terms of volume being traded. I (we all, probably) assumed everyone else did the research and that's why there were so many people trading there  Wink

1KEATSvAhbB7yj2baLB5xkyJSnkfqPGAqk
Rockefoten

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 03:44:20 PM

I've got just as much sympathy with you as the next guy (meaning that this shouldn't happen and that it sucks).

The problem with trading bitcoins is that if you really do your due diligence properly, then you've got nowhere to go.
Herodes

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 03:48:58 PM

The problem with trading bitcoins is that if you really do your due diligence properly, then you've got nowhere to go.

I guess you could say the same thing about fiat banks. Cheesy

bitbadger

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 04:05:46 PM

Some good news at least from Bitcoin-24.com

According to a notice on the website:

BTC Withdrawals will be enabled on 28. April before 18:00 GTM +2
We had some technical issues.

MegaBrutal

Activity: 60

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 05:09:02 PM

HEY! BTC withdrawals ARE ENABLED NOW! \o/

BTC: 18nAftZTnH4LjY9fPPow1aF5tGD1JiF7ZH
LTC: LV9MiA3iPVUm8qRFYbLkARuoYwvmHwhWaC

Buy some Negro candies!
simplydt

Activity: 126

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2013, 06:07:59 PM

HEY! BTC withdrawals ARE ENABLED NOW! \o/

Lucky you, just a mean tease for the FIAT holders. I can login and see my FIAT amount but do nothing with it. Pf.
sbrzol

Activity: 569
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 06:09:51 PM

yeah, btc holders win twice
when the site was closed btc was about 50-60 EUR , now 105 , so  value doubled
while fiat holders could not buy btc at low price and perhaps all fiat will be lost  ,
so not only 100% vs 0%  btc/ fiat, insted 200% vs 0%

nice, i can congratulate for this to the site owner

Amitabh S
Legendary

Activity: 1001
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 06:29:31 PM

Good Smiley

Post here once your btc appear. Im waiting now.

Coinsecure referral ID: https://coinsecure.in/signup/refamit (use this link to signup)
trepper

Activity: 89
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 06:32:32 PM

while fiat holders could not buy btc at low price and perhaps all fiat will be lost  ,
Indeed...

So, the german authorities have frozen fiat account in order to investigate a suspected money laundering.
Doing that, they've left the owner organize a massive and very effective escape of this laundered  (bitcoined) money.

If I have not some fiat frozen in this shit, I would lol much more.
But lol anyway...

RationalSpeculator

Activity: 294

This bull will try to shake you off. Hold tight!

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 06:48:24 PM

BTC Withdrawals will be enabled on 28. April before 18:00 GTM +2
We had some technical issues.

news ;-) https://bitcoin-24.com/

if you get back all your btc, while me and others lost all our fiat,
i will do everything to make the site owner life hard not to share the lost beetween customers
(if the site was closed some hours earlier i would have only btc at my account or at my wallet,  i made only 1 trade from btc to fiat)

where are the fiat owners?  

I'm a fiat only holder there. I can say I'm really happy to see my fiat balance again, eventhough it's frozen. Taken a screenshot now Wink

I think it's a big step forward. I'm very happy for the btc people they have their bitcoins back.

I hope it will all end well for the fiat holders too.
Herodes

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 07:03:58 PM

Is there actually any evidence that Simon has done anything wrong ? Should not specific accounts be targeted if the govt. suspected money laundering. Since they're the biggest bully in the schoolyard, they do as they please anyway.

Now, if just every customer of Bitcoin-24 got together and organized a protest against the Govt, that would spur some interest, for inctance have a few thousand of the customers wave flags outside the prosecutors office, showing him that there's real people, living real lifes, having real assets frozen. As long as there's no opposition, nothing happens. What the Prosecutors office are doing at the moment is theft. They're taking the money of ordinary citizens and holding it hostage. They're relying on all of the customers to be fearful of the prosecutor.
RationalSpeculator

Activity: 294

This bull will try to shake you off. Hold tight!

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 07:08:58 PM

Is there actually any evidence that Simon has done anything wrong ? Should not specific accounts be targeted if the govt. suspected money laundering. Since they're the biggest bully in the schoolyard, they do as they please anyway.

Now, if just every customer of Bitcoin-24 got together and organized a protest against the Govt, that would spur some interest, for inctance have a few thousand of the customers wave flags outside the prosecutors office, showing him that there's real people, living real lifes, having real assets frozen. As long as there's no opposition, nothing happens. What the Prosecutors office are doing at the moment is theft. They're taking the money of ordinary citizens and holding it hostage. They're relying on all of the customers to be fearful of the prosecutor.

Good idea. I hate having to do this, but I will. Send me pm if you decide to organise this.
Herodes

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 07:11:27 PM

Good idea. I hate having to do this, but I will. Send me pm if you decide to organise this.

It's just on an idea level for me - I'm not affected as I never put anything inside bitcoin-24, and I don't even live in Germany. But if somebody chose to organize it and show their dismay with the prosector, I'm sure that it would get news coverage.
simplydt

Activity: 126

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2013, 07:25:21 PM

And this is exactly why he could have easily refunded everybody instead of letting FIAT holders potentially lose all their investment. Seeing as bitcoin has doubled in value, for people who were probably gonna panic sell their coins at that moment anyway, it could have been a win win and everybody would have had their investments back.

Too bad he didn't think that way, and too bad the bitcoin holders of course, will argue, that they didn't have their bitcoins there to sell them so they would have probably held them anyway. Yeah right. Human greed. The world is never fair eh ;-)
600watt
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 08:24:59 PM

+ 1

i thought all through this matter, that simon was no scammer. how many of those epic btc related fuck-ups turned out to be carried out by such a genuine guy. the reason the fiat clients of simon have their fiat frozen is not that he was a scammer, it is because commerzbank of germany and some police and some berlin prosecutor were to paranoid/eager. simon is a hero. blame the german authorities.
Herodes

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 08:42:49 PM

+ 1

i thought all through this matter, that simon was no scammer. how many of those epic btc related fuck-ups turned out to be carried out by such a genuine guy. the reason the fiat clients of simon have their fiat frozen is not that he was a scammer, it is because commerzbank of germany and some police and some berlin prosecutor were to paranoid/eager. simon is a hero. blame the german authorities.

Would it be possible to file a lawsuit against the German government because of this, seeking payment for all the grief and problems this has caused for thousands of customers ? Or should it just be, after say 2 years and the authorities find that, oh - sorry there wasn't any problems anyway, here's the money back (if that happens), no consequences for the authorities ?

The only reason the authorites can act as a bully is because the people let them do so.
blueberry

Activity: 110

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 09:47:44 PM
Last edit: April 28, 2013, 11:46:36 PM by blueberry

+1

Couldn't agree more. I had sold BTC the day before the site went down, expecting to be able to buy back lower. The site closed just 2 hours before the crash to my buy price target of 40-50 EUR. In other words, had the site remained open for just 2 hours longer, I would have BTC (bought for less than half the current price) in my account instead of fiat, while many of those with BTC would have probably ended up with fiat after panic selling on the dip.

The fiat holders are certainly the ones left holding the bag in this case and we could be waiting a while to get our money back. Getting back less than what I'm owed or possibly nothing at all will only add insult to injury Angry
joehal

Activity: 93

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 10:28:29 PM

I have some fiat money in the bitcoin-24 account, but just 4 days before the site went down, I sent a slightly bigger sum, and those money are not visible in my account. Where are those money ? Can I perform a charge back with my bank ? Since the money never arrived in my bitcoin-24 account ?

Is there anyone else in the same situation ?
P4man

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 08:21:28 AM

My BTC balance appears correct. I requested a withdraw yesterday but its yet to arrive. Has anyone received theirs yet?
My fiat balance is only showing a tiny fraction of what should be on there. There is also no sign of the fiat withdraws I had pending, but I guess thats to be expected.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: