Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 05:49:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: rpietila public diary  (Read 86428 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 11:23:59 AM

I think Mircea Popescu does not behave well towards people that are not as smart as he is, and that he should grow up.

However, his understanding concerning the role of money in summer 2013 is correct, as far as I can see it.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
oakpacific

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 11:33:15 AM

I am fine with these prices if visa service can be included in the wishlist Cheesy, this is my only problem. Sad Tongue

https://tlsnotary.org/ Fraud proofing decentralized fiat-Bitcoin trading.
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 12:34:21 PM

I will have another meeting in 10 minutes, I am eager to tell you what I have been doin (after all - the topic of this thread!)

But I want to drop a few figures.

I have currently increased the size of my organisation, and reserved some prime resources (such as the most expensive by far hotel suite in Finland) for my exclusive use. My burn rate is currently about $200,000 per month if I continue at this level. It may sound like much, but measured hourly, it is a more understandable $278 (about 2,000mBTC). Since most of the resources are contracted at a daily rate (such as the hotel) or even hourly (most of the staff, taxi, etc.), I can adjust the burn rate in quick order if need be. I plan on spending at this rate until midnight (8.5 more hours), and keep the room till noon, tomorrow. After that my organisation will be readjusted at about $25 per hour (about 200mBTC).

Bitcoin has appreciated 900% since January 1st. ($135/$13.5). This may likewise sound like much, but the growth is actually a meager 0.08% per hour.

So in absence of any trading operations or other cash flow (absence of which is not the case, since I am a businessman), I am able to burn this much money on my high court, indefinitely, if I have 2,400,000mBTC. Which I do.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
nkspace

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 01:49:46 PM

i doubt you have that many bitcoins,

prove it
give me a generous amount, if bitcoins are a grain of rice to you

1BPuhna5A19Te8ZuXzhiQgBC3qnF6CMcKt

nope, i doubt i'll be expecting anything in my wallet

nkspace

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 02:01:49 PM

HOLY CAMOLY RPTELIA JUST SENT ME 13 BITCOINS !
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 02:11:50 PM

LOL, what a troll. Now, your turn to prove to me -

send it back Smiley

17neXTeRQswdV1Hr6csmssJL2HpFz5bGoi

You should remove his posts from your thread. They are just cluttering up your diary.

He is useful, since he acts as a living proof that

A) I have bitcoins, since I can just throw them away at will

B) He has yet to realize, what I say here is true, and anyone who reads it can just buy bitcoins with his spare cash and be rich, no need to beg to have them.

The most juicy early adoptership window is right now, and it closes, when 2% of the world's population has bought in. At that point we will be at $300/mBTC, my tip to this guy could have bought him 10 houses [NOTE: I kindly asked him to give it back, since it was just the proof anyway - he can invest his own money and be happier LOL], and we are entering in a dangerous bubble territory. Buy now, or refrain from buying above $300k, like I refrained from buying bitcoins during its runup and crash in 2011.

oakpacific

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 02:18:19 PM

you claim to have 2.4k btc?

i really think you wasted 13 btc here.

giving away 13 btc does not prove you have 2.4k and even if it did 2.4k is odds are the average balance for a donater to the forum. anyone why do you want us to know your balance?

looking to get hacked?

What about "because I can"?

And yes, he is doing us a favor, if this noob doesn't send back, then he shouldn't expect to show up and talk shit again without his ears being grabbed.

https://tlsnotary.org/ Fraud proofing decentralized fiat-Bitcoin trading.
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 02:18:41 PM

Quoted for the future generations, since it seems that the address was in Easywallet (which I also use for petty cash), and there is no blockchain transaction associated with it. Jeremias (Easywallet's operator etc.), was here whole evening with me yesterday. Justin Bieber lives next door, but he unfortunately has to work, which I also do for 4 more hours.

nkspace

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 02:22:07 PM

thanks rptelia, i'm a fully fledged bull now
im never going to sell those bitcoins, just keep them
thanks again
elux
Legendary

Activity: 1458
Merit: 1006

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 02:27:22 PM

Quoted for the future generations, since it seems that the address was in Easywallet (which I also use for petty cash), and there is no blockchain transaction associated with it. Jeremias (Easywallet's operator etc.), was here whole evening with me yesterday. Justin Bieber lives next door, but he unfortunately has to work, which I also do for 4 more hours.

Dude, you need to go and knock on Biebers door today, give him a handful of free Casascius coins.

Or hand them out to his entourage. If no one opens the door, you shove them under the door. Do it!
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 02:30:38 PM

I don't see the TX in the blockchain?  Huh
I kinda wondered if it was a sock puppet account.

No it wasn't. But I have a hard time proving it, since I paid from Easywallet, and the recipient also had his account in the same service (which is revealed to me after the fact, by a different confirmation message, instant transfer, not needing to pay fee, and the fact that blockchain was not affected).

Since I already told that I personally know Jeremias, the operator, and how the service is structured, I have no way of proving to you whether it was legit  Undecided

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 02:46:02 PM

Part of me feels 13 BTC is a fair enough price just to get him to shut up for a while. But then, we really should not negotiate with terrorists, so to speak, so he should send it back, keep a few mBTC, consider himself lucky and go get a job.  Grin
Tough luck on that. Anyway, I don't think that account will come back online anymore - he's probably one of the trolls we constantly ban here. We'll see much more trolls like him going around to ask people prove their amount of bitcoins now.
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 03:38:31 PM

yeah thats fine. i guess i will have to ask him how claiming to send 13 btc proves he has 24k btc in a different thread since/if he is going to cover his actions here.

Srsly goat, wtf are you smoking..? I was quietly minding my own business, not about to prove anything, this bloke shows up and want me to send some BTC to prove that I am something. Well, since I am, and I felt like that, I sent him 13,370mBTC. Then I wanted it back since he did not say he intended to keep them. (So far no show tho.)

If what I just did was somehow out-of-place wtf you still lamenting over your supposed 5,000,000mBTC bet with Matthew. Give me a break, read my posts and realize you can live 10x more comfortably than I, even this day. You have one of the largest BTC stash on this planet, spend it like a man and don't question the others who do likewise!  Cool

yuzhe

Activity: 24

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 03:39:26 PM

yeah thats fine. i guess i will have to ask him how claiming to send 13 btc proves he has 24k btc in a different thread since/if he is going to cover his actions here.

Get a life, Goat, rpietila is our token bull.

This is the internet, nobody gives a crap about your "truth". If it is on the Internet it, everything is true. Entertainment (especially when combined with educational) value is what ultimately matters.

I think rpietila is very close to establishing cult of personality. What MP achieves with mental coercion, rpietila does using humour, and with ease.
Chalkbot
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 04:45:43 PM

An easy way to show that you are the owner of a bitcoin address (and hence, it's balance) is with a signed message, a function supported by many bitcoin clients.

Read here: http://peculium.net/2013/03/29/bitcoin-message-signing-and-verification/

This will allow you to demonstrate your wealth without sending money to trolls.
Chalkbot
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 05:15:20 PM

Does it matter exactly how many BTC rpietila owns? He sure seems like a nice guy, and it's interesting to read about his ventures either way. If he says he has X amount of BTC I have no reason to doubt it.

I for one, try to learn what I can so that I can invest my money (the little I have) in a smart way. It's good for the community to have people with big stacks of bitcoins and some purpose behind them, like our OP seems to have.

You are right, that it doesn't matter. The only people who think it does would be someone attempting to discredit what he says or contributes to the forums. I've been following this thread since the beginning and have been enjoying it. I posted the bit about how to use a signed message purely because I want rptietila to have the coins that he earned, and certainly not reward the users who pollute this forum everyday. If he wants to give out this information (or anyone for that matter) they should know that bitcoin is designed in a way that allows this without the risk associated with transfering coins to a 3rd party.
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 07:18:22 PM

I got a phone call from upper echelon that I should not troll in such an epic fashion. So sorry - I will not even mention to you that I have a clandestine door leading directly to the premises occupied by Justin Bieber currently, so no need even to go to the public area of the hotel. This wing does not really have more rooms than the ones that we are occupying, and it is closed from the "public" ie other hotel guests.

Not that the above wasn't true, it is just that not all understand that it is marketing. Public relations expense. I am almost sober (I will post pictures if you want) and we're soon going to sauna after the public lulz is over. The n00b can take his 13,370mBTC LOL, as if I did not do it on purpose.

Expect me to announce the Bitcoin Supernode Summit soon (after this mess is cleared). The participants will learn from me and each other, the coolest guys in Bitcoin Universe, how to effectively manage their wealth, instead of just guarding their paper wallet with a gun. Life is meant to be interesting, thank you for tonight.

<rpietila has left the study, and will join his guests in the other parts of the suite>

thezerg
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1010

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 07:22:55 PM

Admire your moves (and diary, btw) but not your choice of recipient.  I haven't seen anything intelligent coming out of that account for the entire month its been around... please don't feed the animals.

But do you really think the world is your oyster with just 2.4M mBTC?   I don't know.  I agree with the feasibility if not the likelihood of your 300USD/mBTC projection... but I think its quite possible we'll all be dead by then.  Smiley

molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 06:13:03 AM

Agreed, sending 13 BTC just to show "the size of your cock" but yet not show the whole thing was pointless essentially.

All it proved is that he has 13 BTC at least.

OP, in my opinion, you sending the coins to that anon troll (less than a month old forum account user) was an utter fail.

I'm not so sure. While it doesn't even prove he has 2.4k coins, it says something about his character in relation to money and PR. Maybe it just says something about his state of intoxication.

I can relate to his actions since I've done similarly seemingly stupid irrational things to prove points. It usually works well enough while also making huge waves for additional effect.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 10:09:41 AM

Will this become a new equivalent to the 10,000 BTC pizza when bitcoins are worth $100,000...

"Yeah so this guy sent 13 bitcoins to an anonymous user because he got called out. Wow that is $1.3 million dollars"  Shocked Shocked Shocked

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: