Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 11:54:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: rpietila public diary  (Read 86422 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 11:59:03 AM
Last edit: June 15, 2013, 11:57:25 AM by rpietila

GENERAL ORDER N:O 357 CONCERNING THE ACTIVITIES OF RPIETILA SUPERNODE

HELSINKI 2013, MAY 20, 15:00; EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY

TO: Roni Blomberg (rontus)
CC: To whom it may concern

1. INTRODUCTION

2. SUSPENSION OF ALL ACTIVITIES OF THE RPIETILA SUPERNODE

Rpietila supernode will be dissolved effective immediately. "From now one, everybody smokes his own cigars". It is still possible to continue spending my money that I have given to your personal possession, according to my previous orders, but I will require the accounts later. There is a parable about this in the bible. Also all bitcoins, to which I have authorized access, may still be used.

As a rule, if you make money using my money, you may keep it. If you lose my money while trying to make more money, I will deal with it later.

Nobody is authorized to pay any bills (etc.) of Melkisedek Oy, any taxes (etc.) due to the government of Finland, or any claims from Haikko. I will attend to these personally when I return.

3. REACTIVATION OF RPIETILA SUPERNODE

Rpietila supernode may be reactivated as follows: Rpietila summons a general supernode meeting. The invitation must provably be sent to the following people 168 hours prior to the scheduled opening time of the meeting (number of votes in parentheses): Paul (9), Erki (Cool, Frank (7), Jaakko (7), Iiro (7), Vesa (7), Lauri (6), Mikko (5), Roni (5), Heikki (4), Jochen (3), Taimar (3). After the minimum of 72 hours of uninterrupted deliberation (no other people except rpietila's staff with his permission may enter the area designated as secure), the participants present may vote for the reactivation of the supernode. Rpietila has no vote, but can veto the affirmative decision of the others (and they may set up a supernode themselves). Rpietila may deny partial attendance to the summit, it is all or nothing. The participants receive no compensation whatsoever, except room and board. Minimum 3 people except rpietila must be present to activate the supernode.

If 30 days elapses from the moment that rpietila has last made personal physical contact to minimum 3 of the above people simultaneously, earlier orders are in force. It does not matter what rpietila's condition is, as long as the others may enter and exit at will.

4. THANKS

My fellow patients and nurses have been wonderful, also the staff in Haikko except the ones named in earlier messages. My organisation also does a good job.

5. APOLOGIES

To anyone to whom I have caused harm. Note: speaking truth is not considered harm, even if accompanied with a kind insult.

6. REBUKE

I am not in a position to rebuke anyone at the moment but believe me, I will do, after attending to some more urgent matters.

7. MISCELLANEA

Silver fixing in Silvervault will be suspended due to my inability to fix the fair and equitable price. If somebody wants to pick-up the silver, there are the terms and conditions that apply. I think this is temporary however and will be revoked in a short order.

Silverclub may be used for church meetings and Club evenings in Wednesday as previously.

MP's penance will be the the duration of his public insult + 20%. He knows the math.

Let this letter be distributed to all the concerned.

8. GENERAL ADMONITIONS

Read the bible, Watchman Nee, Witness Lee, Sun Tzu, biographies of great men, drink good water, eat organic food, etc. It does wonders to you.

Read everything written on or before 1913.

9. CONCERNING MY PERSONAL MATTERS

I was taken in custody by the police in Wednesday at about 18:30, now I am in a psych ward, being treated medically for acute mania. My communication blockade will last minimum until May 27th. Do not try to contact me during the time, and afterwards only according to the orders of the authorities. Only my wife may meet me, nobody may phone me.

Don't worry about me. This is normal (for me, at least). Finland is a good country as regards the treatment of nuts.

10. CONCLUSION

John 6:68 is speaking the truth. My speaking from now on, until I return, is akin to John 4:68.

SIGN

Risto Pietilä

EXHIBIT1: TECHNICAL

People mentioned know each other, for which reason first names only are used.

Finnish time is used.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MickeyT2008

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

This account was recently hacked

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 04:00:56 PM

I am back, at least for now. Expand later.

Welcome back. I hope you feel better Smiley

Yes, Welcome back!
Welcome back, it was getting boring without you!  I'm sure the break has done you good

This account has recently been hacked and taken over, I haven't posted anything for about two years.  Whoever has been using it and pretending to be me is a scammer.
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 06:43:54 PM

I am back, at least for now. Expand later.

I'm glad you're back. You have been missed by many in the hardcore thread.

Mr. R. Pietila is hardcore Smiley
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 06:25:59 PM
Last edit: June 15, 2013, 11:58:00 AM by rpietila

BITCOIN DEALER NETWORK ASSOCIATION (BDNA) WORKING PAPER

This was moved to its proper location in another thread. Please move the comments also there. This thread will be diarylike. Readership has fallen due to time that many highly technical and economical issues have been discussed, and I have not been willing to write light stuff in the middle of heavy ones. Soon you'll hear about my conditions in the psych ward etc., I am sure that'll bring the readers back Smiley

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 05:49:23 PM

I started a new thread for postings about the Supernode concept. I am still resting but I made some contribution here during my communication lockup.

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 07:21:20 PM
Last edit: June 18, 2013, 07:21:36 AM by rpietila

The diary resumes

Funny. I am in a mental ward, and now I can post freely. But there is not so much to post. My family came to see me. Astrid/they have come every single day during the communication lockup, as she knows how important it is to maintain contact. During the lockup I really did not have much to do. It is the whole idea of this treatment. The patient must be detached from everything he has done to effect a sufficient cooloff. It hurts. But it is required (the same can be accomplished with stronger medication, but Finland is not a place for that).

After I was sufficiently normal, about 2 days ago, they gave me the iphone and macbook back, and now I can go outside 2 times per day (which is pretty much enough, since I cannot go outside the compound anyway. There are 5 light meals per day, and during meals you cannot go out anyway. Also you must sleep in your room. There are as many people as stories. Some are quite horrendous, some are just sad and concern divorce court cases where there are unborn children involved. Most patients are here willingly, I was asked, whether it is OK that I am unwilling. (Read the sentence again and be surprised.)

I ate all the meals, saw my wife, and Hilla played on the bedrock that is visible in the middle of the compound. Was so hungry that ate 2 raw chocolate snack bars. Tried to smoke a cigar, but it kept on dying. I have smoked more cigars here than days, I think the maximum was 5 per day. And we are talking good 10+ euro stuff. Still don't know whether I will quit or continue the habit after they let me out.

molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 09:18:28 PM

Forgive my laziness in not wanting to read across the forums to dig for details that may not exist, but what on earth are you in a mental institution for? For being too busy? Too serious? Too absorbed in work? Too passionate? Or was there violence or some other kind of event that I missed? You seem far too well organized and well spoken to be a menace to society, so I'm having trouble seeing what it is that you are being restricted from doing exactly.

edit: I went back and read it anyway. Who was at the meetup and was anything stolen?

Now this could become an interesting discussion. Two extreme personalities meet.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 11:34:14 AM
Last edit: June 15, 2013, 11:59:43 AM by rpietila

BITCOIN DEALER NETWORK ASSOCIATION (BDNA) WORKING PAPER

This was moved to its proper location in another thread. Please move the comments also there. This thread will be diarylike. Readership has fallen due to time that many highly technical and economical issues have been discussed, and I have not been willing to write light stuff in the middle of heavy ones. Soon you'll hear about my conditions in the psych ward etc., I am sure that'll bring the readers back Smiley

I'm getting a febrile sense of emerging techno-feudalism.  Posting this observation here b/c it may reflect more on your mental state then be a substantive comment on the supernode concept itself.  

During your enforced detachment, you may find http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Diamond_Age insightful.

Be a martial artist... have a pervasive and internal calm punctuated by, but ultimately surrounding and directing, amazing activity, speed and power.

Thank you. I am more and more sure that I don't need to do so much. My greatest contribution to bitcoin economy was the calculation that 1 Bitcoin is worth $300,000 U.S. Dollars. Anything else I do is secondary. Especially now as I cannot think or do much due to my hospitalization. I just wait while the others' actions realize the $300k. I think Jeremias' Localbitcoins.com is currently the toughest thing going on in Bitcoin.

molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 02:24:00 PM

Thank you. I am more and more sure that I don't need to do so much. My greatest contribution to bitcoin economy was the calculation that 1 Bitcoin is worth $300,000 U.S. Dollars[/url]. Anything else I do is secondary. Especially now as I cannot think or do much due to my hospitalization. I just wait while the others' actions realize the $300k. I think Jeremias' Localbitcoins.com is currently the toughest thing going on in Bitcoin.

This contribution of yours is truly priceless!

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 05:01:03 PM

I mentioned in the Wall Observer that I had sold some bitcoins, and at least the following 5 pages are discussion of my mental illness.

Also needed to disclose some facts:

- I am currently located in a closed mental institution run by the City of Helsinki, with 1-2 weeks to get out hopefully. They took my communication things away for about 16 days when they found out that I was so public in the Internet. Now I am recovering and could take part in trolling (if there was any price action).

- I have more than 2,400,000mBTC, after selling some today because I feel medium-term (1-2 months) bearish. Otoh I have less than 35 million mBTC. I am a large player since at one time I manipulated the price from 117 to 97.52 with the help of only one other wallmaker. There is at least 100 richer people in the world though.

- I have a wife and a kid 11 months old.

- The picture with silver bowls in my head is taken from our Silvervault teaser video, and the guy is me about 3 years ago.

- I still own, manage or run about 4 companies that deal with gold, silver, bitcoins and currencies. They are incorporated in Finland and Estonia.

- The BDNA is a serious concept but I don't know whether it will gain any traction. The Supernode is a real-life action roleplay, and also is not immediately gaining traction.

- Soon I will expand Silvervault to fully accept incoming Bitcoin transfers, which would make bitcoin<->"physical investment silver"<->"physical gold" transactions easier than ever before. This will likely be my greatest contribution in the following 2 months (apart from me getting better that is).

Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

amarha

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 05:21:44 PM

The Supernode concept needs to be developed over time and marketed so that people can become aware. I don't believe it is something that most people understand the potential of. I think in time people can come to understand the benefit of a social organization such as the Supernode network.

It's somewhat similar to the Lions Club or Freemasonry. But potentially on a much bigger scale as since the network is based around bitcoin, it grows while bitcoin grows.

There is value in that. But I believe the idea is not obvious for many people in bitcoin. And it needs to be communicated in such a way so that people can have a better understanding.
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 06:59:07 AM

Yeah. I already heard that paying 0.5% of your holdings as a registration fee is preposterous. If you are shy and do not like the social gatherings, you do not derive enough value of this.

Otoh, if there is no fee, people who like to be in high positions, will just register as Dukes, and the network will never function as intended.

Would you think, this is cool even if only 1% of the Bitcoiner population is doing it? 0.1%? I think the top of the pyramid is already well formed, and there are 200-400 people in Prince level or higher (3kBTC or more).

notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 08:01:11 AM

Forgive my laziness in not wanting to read across the forums to dig for details that may not exist, but what on earth are you in a mental institution for? For being too busy? Too serious? Too absorbed in work? Too passionate? Or was there violence or some other kind of event that I missed? You seem far too well organized and well spoken to be a menace to society, so I'm having trouble seeing what it is that you are being restricted from doing exactly.

edit: I went back and read it anyway. Who was at the meetup and was anything stolen?

I was suffering from acute mania, in other words, I was a maniac  Cheesy I did, for example, take it as a near certainty that Bitcoin would change the world and it would happen this year. Yes, I still give very good chances for crypto changing the world, and in my opinion Bitcoin has good chances for being the crypto. So, my famous prediction for $300 per mBTC may happen in 9-18 months. But I thought it was sure to happen this year. It is good that I get some rest, for some reason human beings cannot keep going indefinitely without pause.

We're new to this pace.

U mean what?

In the past, progress moved slower and people had more time to adapt.  Now it is very easy to overload oneself.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 09:50:18 AM

Interestingly enough, many libertarians flock to Bitcoin because they are sick of the "power hierarchy" involved in money. They're tired of the corruption, money shows, and power struggles that result.

It only took a few years though for bitcoin to become full of those who would seek to make it a miniature power struggle that real world doesn't even care about. You've got people creating pseudo "foundations" that charge bitcoins for the "right" to vote on something that you can easily vote on with your money instead. You've got people trying to create business investor groups to hold down competitors while preaching libertarianism in public (false prophets). And finally you've got those who seek to make bitcoin a pissing contest instead of just using bitcoin for what it's meant for.

If all it takes to be "important" or "in control" (mining) in bitcoin is to have lots of money, then bitcoin has already failed in its decentralized goals. I have never and will never respect someone for having more money because I understand the fragility of assets, especially bitcoin, which can be forked instantly whenever the people "in charge" start fucking it up for the rest of us. Makes it really hard to take power structures and ploys for rich men seriously when the bank's very foundation and backing can be ripped out overnight and new banks can pop up the next day with a different backing.

I see bitcoin's price as being backed by the trust of developers and the current ownership of mining power. If Hitler owned all the ASICs in the world, Bitcoin would fork to something else. If Gavin was bought by the NSA to do their bidding (and a dozen other developers were threatened or bought), Bitcoin would fork to something else. Why build power structures around such temporary and easily removable backings?

KS

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 05:47:17 PM

Yeah. I already heard that paying 0.5% of your holdings as a registration fee is preposterous. If you are shy and do not like the social gatherings, you do not derive enough value of this.

Otoh, if there is no fee, people who like to be in high positions, will just register as Dukes, and the network will never function as intended.

Would you think, this is cool even if only 1% of the Bitcoiner population is doing it? 0.1%? I think the top of the pyramid is already well formed, and there are 200-400 people in Prince level or higher (3kBTC or more).

0.5% is perfectly reasonable. You're creating an elite club, not a new egalitarian society. Besides, if you make the entrance fee too low or zero, you will have lots of ppl with passing interest and no commitment. Lame result guaranteed.
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 12:25:59 PM

I encourage all criticizing voices to try create something by yourself. Then others would voice their opinion on you, and it would be a more level playground. You would learn that yes, most of the ideas ARE bad, but without any ideas, and the discussion that makes good ones flourish and bad ones dropped, nothing would be created. A certain Rampion has 10+ posts per day but has never let a single idea go forth from his mind and mouth. Sad  Cry

Most of the things I envision, plus the decisions I make, an overwhelming majority, are bad or really bad. Even this week I have lost money selling and buying back higher on bitcoins. But I create some good things that make up for all the bad ones.

I agree with this, keep it up! Smiley
Este Nuno
Legendary

amarha

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 02:25:33 PM

Interestingly enough, many libertarians flock to Bitcoin because they are sick of the "power hierarchy" involved in money. They're tired of the corruption, money shows, and power struggles that result.

It only took a few years though for bitcoin to become full of those who would seek to make it a miniature power struggle that real world doesn't even care about. You've got people creating pseudo "foundations" that charge bitcoins for the "right" to vote on something that you can easily vote on with your money instead. You've got people trying to create business investor groups to hold down competitors while preaching libertarianism in public (false prophets). And finally you've got those who seek to make bitcoin a pissing contest instead of just using bitcoin for what it's meant for.

If all it takes to be "important" or "in control" (mining) in bitcoin is to have lots of money, then bitcoin has already failed in its decentralized goals. I have never and will never respect someone for having more money because I understand the fragility of assets, especially bitcoin, which can be forked instantly whenever the people "in charge" start fucking it up for the rest of us. Makes it really hard to take power structures and ploys for rich men seriously when the bank's very foundation and backing can be ripped out overnight and new banks can pop up the next day with a different backing.

I see bitcoin's price as being backed by the trust of developers and the current ownership of mining power. If Hitler owned all the ASICs in the world, Bitcoin would fork to something else. If Gavin was bought by the NSA to do their bidding (and a dozen other developers were threatened or bought), Bitcoin would fork to something else. Why build power structures around such temporary and easily removable backings?

Human society in almost all cases gravitates towards these types of power structures. Only difference here is that I think rpietila understands that inevitable fact of life and embraces it as opposed to rejecting it. As you can see in his design of the Supernode concept.

Even the purest anarchy is just a temporary transitional state. It's not something that is very likely to be sustained. Unless there is some sort of radical cultural change with regards to how people embrace social structure. But this is almost certainly not going to ever happen, seeing as how I think it's somewhat obvious that humanity embraces social structure.
Este Nuno
Legendary

amarha

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 02:51:41 PM
Last edit: June 19, 2013, 04:27:43 PM by Este Nuno

Man, if you're gonna whiteknight the guy, you really should be more informed about who you're whiteknighting.

I'm just interested in seeing some positive organization in bitcoin. I don't know anything about rpietila on a personal level. I've just followed his posts and support his organizational ideas. I think they are good ideas because they are type of thing that happen naturally regardless of who is the first to come up with the idea, or who actually steps forward to implement it. As you can see with what happened with rpietila's idea for the BDNA. Localbitoin ended up implementing a very similar network with the same fundamental goal. Similar enough that rpietila saw fit to pause his development of BDNA.

At least he is actually working to further bitcoin. Most people here seem to have an aversion to progress.
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 09:19:43 AM

Instead of Dukes, Princes and other outdated silly titles I propose we merely recognize that each one of us is a Pope and leave it at that.

A pope is somebody not under the authority of the authorities.

There is the class of Freemen, for people with some but less than 1,000mBTC. You did not likely ever consider the idea, or even see the OP Sad This is a problem with forum communication, to weed out the noise, which prohibits the real talent from participating.

I also will close down. I will be back when we are 1/3 of the way there, I mean from $.11 to $300. The point is $1.4/mBTC, and then I will come back, this forum or something else. I think it reasonably demontrates that there is merit in my prediction, and also I have more than 10x the resources to carry it further.

So see you my friend, until probably further this year, or next, or never!  Wink

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 04:54:36 PM

GENERAL ORDER N:O 357 CONCERNING THE ACTIVITIES OF RPIETILA SUPERNODE

HELSINKI 2013, MAY 20, 15:00; EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY

- -

3. REACTIVATION OF RPIETILA SUPERNODE

Rpietila supernode may be reactivated as follows: Rpietila summons a general supernode meeting. The invitation must provably be sent to the following people 168 hours prior to the scheduled opening time of the meeting (number of votes in parentheses): Paul (9), Erki (Cool, Frank (7), Jaakko (7), Iiro (7), Vesa (7), Lauri (6), Mikko (5), Roni (5), Heikki (4), Jochen (3), Taimar (3). After the minimum of 72 hours of uninterrupted deliberation (no other people except rpietila's staff with his permission may enter the area designated as secure), the participants present may vote for the reactivation of the supernode. Rpietila has no vote, but can veto the affirmative decision of the others (and they may set up a supernode themselves). Rpietila may deny partial attendance to the summit, it is all or nothing. The participants receive no compensation whatsoever, except room and board. Minimum 3 people except rpietila must be present to activate the supernode.

- -

The General Supernode Meeting will be held in Tallinn, Estonia, starting 18.1.2014 at 12:00. The invitations have been sent.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: