Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:45:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Justcoin · Secure Bitcoin Exchange from Norway (BTC/EUR/USD)  (Read 27849 times)
mimarob

Activity: 354
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 07:51:24 PM

It is now up so as you can login but not do any trading, there is some kind of api error, at least something is changing implying they are working on it. Ironic I should chose today to act since I haven't touched this account for almost a year :-)
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
akaman

Activity: 247
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 03:11:17 AM

Please: if you experience difficulties over more than 15 minutes it is a MUST to have a little update on this on the webpage which is updated at least every hour. That is just so important for your customers and thus indirectly for you.

Could not agree more. Even when you're a small team like Justcoin, and probably busy figuring out what has happened, you need to spend those 5 minutes every other hour to keep your customers informed. Its critical to customer satisfaction. Its how you handle episodes like these that will determine your long term success. While you are busy patching, your customers are already making their contingency plans... Uncertainty breaks the trust.
rapidleech

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 11:14:41 AM

any news?
when site be ok?
btcguys

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 08:30:56 PM

It is working fine now. I was able to deposit and withdraw Bitcoins using same deposit address that I always use.
rapidleech

Activity: 756

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 11:35:05 AM

It is working fine now. I was able to deposit and withdraw Bitcoins using same deposit address that I always use.

no str/btc have problem

please tell me when str/btc trade will be ok?
Outlander
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 12:09:11 PM

Justcoin must add email confirmation feature when we log in from different IP, about a week ago i logged in to my account and there's one trade i didn't recognize, i am lucky i have only few coins.

ProkhorZ

Activity: 48

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 01:08:03 PM

This is the message Justcoin sent to users yesterday:

Dear Justcoin user,
You are receiving this email because you have a balance of XRP at Justcoin. XRP deposits, withdrawals and trading have been disabled for the last three days. This is an explanation of what has happened and what the status is.
A network-wide weakness in how both Ripple and Stellar communicated transactions was exploited by an unknown third-party to to deposit false IOUs through Ripple/Stellar to Justcoin. These were consequently withdrawn to their own payment networks as native currencies. The result was that our hotwallets were emptied. Most of our customers' funds is in cold storage but the amounts were still significant. Justcoin will not operate as a fractional reserve and therefore we decided to lock down all services affected until we had a solution ready.
Justcoin cannot and will not accept taking the responsibility for this weakness in the network. It is caused by a feature that is poorly documented and has been present in both Ripple and Stellar for a long time. Other gateways, exchanges and native transaction explorers have also been affected. There is also documented that the security vulnerability has been known by the network developers for at least 2 months without any kind of explicit and direct warning to affected gateways and other services. A thorough and technical explanation of the weakness can be read here: https://medium.com/@abrkn/partial-payments-ripple-stellar-vulnerability-in-the-wild-29aaefd8a7ac.
The result is that as of now there will be imposed a partial 'hold' on all XRP balances. This hold will be representing the amount of XRP that is missing. Deposits will be disabled until we are 100% confident that we are no longer affected by this weakness or any other yet undiscovered. Deposits that have been made between the shutdown and now will be credited in full once deposits are opened. Trading and withdrawal of the XRP that is not on hold is now enabled. Please allow delays on withdrawals due to moving of funds from cold storage to hot wallet. The percentage of each XRP balance that is on partial hold is 23.27%.
We can assure you that it is our intention that the partial holds will be lifted. We are looking at different options and are having a dialogue with Ripple Labs and Stellar foundation. We will try to figure out a way to solve this, one way or another. Expect regular updates.
We are terribly sorry for the situation but are asking for your understanding and patience. If you have any questions that are not answered here please don't hesitate to ask. Allow some time for us to answer as our support is under high pressure at this time.
Sincerely,
Klaus Bugge Lund from Justcoin

tl;dr they're blaming Ripple and applying a 23% haircut on XRP deposits (supposed to be temporary)
ProkhorZ

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 01:11:45 PM

Justcoin must add email confirmation feature when we log in from different IP, about a week ago i logged in to my account and there's one trade i didn't recognize, i am lucky i have only few coins.

Have you enabled two-factor authentication?
Justcoin uses Google Authenticator (I'd prefer Authy).
Outlander
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 01:22:13 PM

Have you enabled two-factor authentication?
Justcoin uses Google Authenticator (I'd prefer Authy).
No, I didn't know they provide 2fa feature. Thanks, I will activate it.

KingZee

Activity: 910
Merit: 452

Check your coin privilege

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 09:12:09 AM

Is the Justcoin support not replying anymore? I have got my account suspended, and I can't see any funds I have deposited in it. They are holding more than 1.7 btc and 60k Stellar coins. Are they not replying to anyone or are they doing this just for me?

Beep boop beep boop
Southpaw0
Legendary

Activity: 1318
Merit: 1010

666 - slave 2 the grind -

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 03:30:21 PM

Justcoin is shutting down

I got an email saying trading closes October 29th and to also withdrawal your funds by November 11th.

Make sure to withdrawal your funds before it closes!

ill handcuff you to the shower and put an apple in your mouth with the water running on cold then you handcuff me to the bed and go to town.. just dont BURN the house down with your hot ass oven cus i will be dead and you will be gone
KingZee

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 04:53:01 PM

I have been suspended! I can't withdraw them! What sort of joke is this?

Beep boop beep boop
IamNotSure

Activity: 672

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 04:53:51 PM

They used STR & XRP fund to cover their losses.

Those guys are crooks after all !
KingZee

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 05:01:39 PM

They used STR & XRP fund to cover their losses.

Those guys are crooks after all !

I am losing funds of up to 2 BTC... It took me 3 full days of socializing with every single person I know to gather this much funds. And now I'm losing it just like that.

Beep boop beep boop
ProkhorZ

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 05:03:18 PM

I got an email saying trading closes October 29th and to also withdrawal your funds by November 11th.

Luckily, I managed to sell my fiat balances quickly. Waiting for the withdrawals to be processed...

I think they had other problems on their mind than dealing with your suspension. The e-mail said their bank wanted to shut them down and they couldn't find another bank in Norway that would accept a digital currency business.
I still trust these guys. I wish they didn't quit but continued as a cryptocoin-only exchange.
KingZee

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 05:15:59 PM

I think they had other problems on their mind than dealing with your suspension. The e-mail said their bank wanted to shut them down and they couldn't find another bank in Norway that would accept a digital currency business.
I still trust these guys. I wish they didn't quit but continued as a cryptocoin-only exchange.

Being an exchange, is not an easy job. You have to be able to deal with not only the pressure of banks and funds and legal commitments and whatnot, but also to your users inquiries. The support has not replied to me in 5 days. That is not behavior of an exchange. That is the behavior of a scammer that just took your funds worth 1000$ and ignored you because he has the money. You trust them because you're not in my shoes. You withdrew your money and you're like 'oh well I'll miss the exchange', but I'm afraid I'll carry this to a lawsuit if I don't receive my funds and the website closes permanently.

Beep boop beep boop
btsake

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 05:46:27 PM

I also think there should be a bit more info on all that's going on. I have a lot of funds over there but withdrawing takes an hour now and their mail says it can take up to 24 hours. That is very unfortunate because I think that withdrawing BTC shouldn't be that hard at all. I also tried to cancel a withdrawal but now that withdrawal is in the state 'cancelling'. So it won't be withdrawn but I cannot access the funds on the site either to do some last minute trading with it.

Quite frustrating and I hope that for the time being they try to handle this as quickly as possible.

Also: why don't they switch over to a 3rd party for payments like 'Lemon Way'. Lemon Way is used by the Paymium and the Clevercoin exchange.
ProkhorZ

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 10:44:01 PM

Ironically, my Ripple and Stellar withdrawals are the first to be completed.

For the record: According to Ripple Labs, the tfPartialPayment hack was due to incorrect implementation by Justcoin, as well as a general lack of precautions.
btsake

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 12:26:07 PM
Last edit: October 29, 2014, 12:54:57 PM by btsake

For all you out there in doubt: although many wild stories go around, I can confirm that my withdrawals are now being picked up. It took 17 hours (probably because their hot wallet was empty yesterday) but for now I like to believe that all information about the banking problems is genuine and that we are not being goxxed.

Edit: Oh nice, my 2 withdrawals now give 'Failed: invalid address'  Angry. I copy-pasted the address from my home wallet so how can this be Sad

Edit 2: Tried again with different address, now it went through (within 10 minutes so that's great)!
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 12:27:16 PM

Serves Justcoin right for shilling for the ripple scam.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: