Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 02:39:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Sell or wait?  (Read 58344 times)
onpages

Activity: 241
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 04:54:14 PM

I've started selling some of the balance I have. Because I think selling at $1500 is very profitable for me. I am also optimistic that bitcoin will probably break through $2000. But on bitcoin, I'm looking for profits to add my bank account balance.

Good strategy. I still leave about 0.3btc in the wallet exchanger, because I have sold bitcoin in my desktop wallet to altcoin eth. I leave in the exchanger that I plan also I will buy altcoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ferris419

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 06:10:59 PM

I've started selling some of the balance I have. Because I think selling at $1500 is very profitable for me. I am also optimistic that bitcoin will probably break through $2000. But on bitcoin, I'm looking for profits to add my bank account balance.

The price of bitcoins is really good at a moment so if you have bought  your bitcoins at low price in the past then I think this is the best time to sell some of them and collect the profits and rest should be saved till the end of the year as it is predicted that price of bitcoin will hit $2k in the end of this year.

Bitcoin is gonna hit 100K usd
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 07:01:14 PM

The price of bitcoins is really good at a moment so if you have bought  your bitcoins at low price in the past then I think this is the best time to sell some of them and collect the profits and rest should be saved till the end of the year as it is predicted that price of bitcoin will hit $2k in the end of this year.

Right, but the problem for people is that as long as the ETF review hasn't lead to any official statements from the SEC, people risk selling too soon. No matter how low the chances of approval are, it's better to keep holding. Best is to strategically place a few sell orders just before the 15th of this month. If the price happens to tank, they will have to sell through your orders, and thus you won't lose out big time. If the price sinks deep enough, you could even decide to buy back -- that's my plan.
phaddie

Activity: 308

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 07:28:19 PM

I bought my bitcoins at low price so even if I sell them now I will be making good profits from it but my plan is to hold them for next couple of months and watch where price lands at the end of the year as I am looking to make higher profits so for me the best price to sell my bitcoin would be $2000 or above.
york780

Activity: 392

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 07:50:04 PM

I bought my bitcoins at low price so even if I sell them now I will be making good profits from it but my plan is to hold them for next couple of months and watch where price lands at the end of the year as I am looking to make higher profits so for me the best price to sell my bitcoin would be $2000 or above.
Good, still cheap so that I can buy them from you. 50k+ is the minimum selling price for me
czvezda

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 08:07:05 PM

but i think it is still not the right time to sell bitcoin. to me i think the price of bitcoin will increase more and more and it is hopeful that its price is going to hit 2000 USD level in next few months and hopefully the price of bitcoin is going to cross 2500 USD level at the end of this year.

The right time will be decided by OP, if he needs the money badly then it is the right time to sell his stash.  If not, holding is the best option.  Buying BTC at this current price is not bad also, since we are all optimistic that price will go up in the following months.  But still as I said, OP have the decision to buy more.

We are hoping to see higher price of bitcoins in coming months so buying even now is affordable but there will be always a fear in mind of people that price can even fall back in coming days and that is the reason people will not choose to buy them at this stage as they will always have an fear of loosing their money.
ManOnTheMoon

Activity: 420

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2017, 08:45:18 PM

but i think it is still not the right time to sell bitcoin. to me i think the price of bitcoin will increase more and more and it is hopeful that its price is going to hit 2000 USD level in next few months and hopefully the price of bitcoin is going to cross 2500 USD level at the end of this year.

The right time will be decided by OP, if he needs the money badly then it is the right time to sell his stash.  If not, holding is the best option.  Buying BTC at this current price is not bad also, since we are all optimistic that price will go up in the following months.  But still as I said, OP have the decision to buy more.

We are hoping to see higher price of bitcoins in coming months so buying even now is affordable but there will be always a fear in mind of people that price can even fall back in coming days and that is the reason people will not choose to buy them at this stage as they will always have an fear of loosing their money.

Price was around $1500 few days back and now price is already above $1600 so a person who bought his coins at that price has made a profit of $100 in no time and price is expected to go higher in coming time too so even if you buy at this price still you have an opportunity to make some good profits in really quick time.

ETH: 0xff90080d7db05ced501f273548841a2c39cf6463
Ferris419

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 01:58:09 AM

Right, but the problem for people is that as long as the ETF review hasn't lead to any official statements from the SEC, people risk selling too soon. No matter how low the chances of approval are, it's better to keep holding. Best is to strategically place a few sell orders just before the 15th of this month. If the price happens to tank, they will have to sell through your orders, and thus you won't lose out big time. If the price sinks deep enough, you could even decide to buy back -- that's my plan.

That's a smart move to make and I will buy some more of them only if I see price going down in coming days or else I will prefer to hold the coins that I have at a moment as the current price is not affordable for me to buy more bitcoins as I am really short off money at a moment.

Bitcoin is gonna hit 100K usd
DarkIT

Activity: 1176
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 06:56:39 AM

Maybe waiting will be a very stressful thing for you to do for now. It is likely that bitcoin prices could reach $ 2000 before October. Would be great if you sold it when bitcoin prices had reached that point. Although I'm sure very many people will be selling bitcoins.

░░▄▄███▄▄
██████████
████
█████░░░░
██████████▄▄██████▄▄
███████████████████████▄▄
████
█████████▀▀███████
██████████████░░░░░████
████
█████████▄▄███████
█████
█████████████████
█▀▀
████
███▀▀███████▀▀
████
░░░░░████▀
███████▄▄▄▀▀

░░▀▀███▀▀
CPLAY - IDO█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   O N E   E C O S Y S T E M   F O R   A L L   
Y O U R   C R Y P T O   N E E D S
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
A P P   S T O R E
W A L L E T
A D S T A T I O N
2 F A   S H I E L D
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 07:27:35 AM

Maybe waiting will be a very stressful thing for you to do for now. It is likely that bitcoin prices could reach $ 2000 before October. Would be great if you sold it when bitcoin prices had reached that point. Although I'm sure very many people will be selling bitcoins.

Stressful? Perhaps that's the case with noobs, but I am sure that the current increase gives people enough joy and confidence to continue holding strong. Especially when you consider that the increased overall demand will not stop - it will further increase in the coming years. In that regard, it will be extremely dumb to sell more than 10% of your stash. People have been cashing out at $1000, $1100, $1200, $1300, $1400, $1500 in order to buy back lower, look where we stand right now - we're $10 away from reaching $1700 on Bitstamp. Smiley
carlo_0000
Legendary

Activity: 1281
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 11:25:16 AM

i gonna sell mine today  this pump gonna end soon  and gonna have a correction soon, hope my timing is good this time
last pump i miss it
DicePlayer21

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 11:40:32 AM

i gonna sell mine today  this pump gonna end soon  and gonna have a correction soon, hope my timing is good this time
last pump i miss it
Excuse me for such a question, but I want to ask why you are selling the mine because this is a fairly profitable business? If you look at the future of Bitcoin then your works and investments will pay off with interest.
iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 12:12:17 PM

last pump i miss it
Such an estimate is wrong. Now the price of bitcoin continues to rise very quickly. Some exchanges have even reached 1750USD. This is an increase and also predicted to increase in the next few months. By doing HODL we can open up opportunities to get bigger profits.
pinggoki

Activity: 1456
Merit: 390

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 12:21:01 PM

I don't think so. For me is both, holding your bitcoin is not bad because as we experience today bitcoin is still growing so it has a chance that your money will be doubled. Sell is also good because you can't assure the incresing amount of bitcoin maybe it is just for now so its better to sell it buy some altcoins that you think is going to pump.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
dasana212

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 03:31:53 PM

It turns out bitcoin continues to soar up to now. Hold is my choice, and fact is not mistaken. Great reward for person who hold bitcoin to date. Double profit from price increases also profit from trading with altcoin.
bestluck

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 09:04:45 PM

last pump i miss it
You may sold your coins yesterday and look today the price increased to $1750 so you lost the other opportunity to earn a $150 in one day per bitcoin. I will tell to everyone that the price of bitcoin is now increasing and will not drop so wait a little more and do not lose the opportunity which came for us and making us wealthy.
carlo_0000
Legendary

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 09:32:05 PM

i sold 4 btc today still have 10 to sell , could only withdraw 4 from poloniex

so what still to early for the correction ? because when i check the graph with macd and rsi look really that we are on the top
i put buy order at 1212 (not sure if it will get lower)
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 09:48:26 PM

i sold 4 btc today still have 10 to sell , could only withdraw 4 from poloniex

so what still to early for the correction ? because when i check the graph with macd and rsi look really that we are on the top
i put buy order at 1212 (not sure if it will get lower)

At this point I can't really see the price fall back that low. Especially when you take the reasons for the price to increase into consideration. For now, if a correction becomes reality, I don't see it go lower than the $1500 level. I really think that no matter how low the chances of approval of the ETF are, that market movers do believe in a positive scenario. If that turns out to be the case, then a positive or negative outcome will greatly affect the price. In case of a negative outcome -- $1200-$1300. In case of a positive outcome -- +$2000 easily.
carlo_0000
Legendary

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 09:57:56 PM

ok gonna buy back now, price got down
Ewinsane

Activity: 980
Merit: 523

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 10:00:27 PM

Selling is not a good option at the moment.

If you are satisfied with the price today, then profit is profit. No matter how big the price of bitcoin will reach sooner. Once you had enough on it already, go sell it at your own comfort. But yes, it is not a good option if you are going to sell right now, selling some of your coins will be good for you for having money to spend but don't do the same with your remaining btc.

Selling is definitely not an option considering the prices that are further reaching newer heights of insanity by going completely crazy over markets and this thing is getting real serious as we are hitting some real big numbers in terms of market cap as well as users, so holding on and waiting for a real time to sell it is the best part if you are not in an emergent need of some cash/fiat.

Just like what is happening right now the price is rapidly increasing and it is now on $1,337 though a couple of hours ago it was $1,346 it's only a $11 difference but that is a good sign that bitcoin is already going to come up again. So the most patient person in the market today will get a good profit in the end.

When will he make a profit? You can wait forever and die without selling. But why? Now the price is high and can be sold. Everyone knows that there will soon be an adjustment and the price will go down. If you sell now and buy at a low price soon, you can make a profit

That's different case, if he thinks that he got profit already then he can sell right away. But I'm saying that you could wait for some more because the more you wait the more profit that you'll get. And I'm not saying that you are oblige to hold for it forever because we know that we need to spend it for adoption.

I think it is better to sell some bitcoin and buy some altcoins with active developments.
it not time to sell bitcoin its good time to hold your bitcoin because bitcoin price increasing bitcoin is much more better than altcoin because i never waste my time on altcoin bitcoin is safe and secure currency and also profitable.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 »
  Print  

Jump to: