Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 12:08:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you think about immortality?  (Read 12052 times)
leexhin

Activity: 503
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 07:28:13 PM

its so boring if you are the only immortal but if your love ones is immortal to then I guess it would really be awesome.
You could live life together forever haha lol.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ZlaiaZaia

Activity: 233

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 09:03:06 PM

its so boring if you are the only immortal but if your love ones is immortal to then I guess it would really be awesome.
You could live life together forever haha lol.
In the world of everything there is a lot of interesting, and to try everything and everywhere to visit you can certainly have more time for life. There is still nothing eternal. Even if a person can live for hundreds of years, the body would still be worn out. Why at the age of 200 years live and move around on a wheelchair.
SkyNVS

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 01:36:30 AM

What kind of immortality are we talking about here? Can we still get sick? Can we grow old? I think if it was immunity to sickness and age, it would mean life would get boring pretty fast. A lot of things to think about like can the human brain remember things from 1000 years ago?
mastermold

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 02:16:15 AM

According to some scientists, it can happen in the next 20 to 30 years, but that would be through digital/computerized approach meaning they can develop a program of you and store it in a data bank. What they want to do is to store "human personality" in an artificial form of a brain or into some alternative machine or artificial alternate. Basically, these smart science people; don't really know the real reason our bodies get old and die and all we can do is attempt to put creams, inject ourselves with and do weird surgical procedures to make ourselves look young, in fact think that we are better off becoming androids/robots.
v1ryspro

Activity: 282

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 11:00:58 AM

What kind of immortality are we talking about here? Can we still get sick? Can we grow old? I think if it was immunity to sickness and age, it would mean life would get boring pretty fast. A lot of things to think about like can the human brain remember things from 1000 years ago?

A person will turn into a robot if he does not hurt and memorize a large amount of information.
Barrymore

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 11:35:34 AM

A person will turn into a robot if he does not hurt and memorize a large amount of information.
I think that the mechanism of death is to not overpopulate the earth. This is very important. Even if humans were immortal they would have fought for every piece of land and would still be killing each other.
MattScott

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 01:02:43 PM

The more people on the ground, the greater the warrior and worse economies.
Andrzejk

Activity: 20

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 04:40:56 PM

I think that the mechanism of death is to not overpopulate the earth. This is very important. Even if humans were immortal they would have fought for every piece of land and would still be killing each other.
I somehow did not think about it, but the truth to say in this moment is a lot of logical facts. The problem of overpopulation of land with immortality will be very relevant. Maybe it's really better to let people have a limit in life.
Kong Hey Pakboy

Activity: 1120
Merit: 68

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 06:05:18 PM

Well immortality is not true but if immortality is true i would like to be one because i would like to explore the world in every time or ages but it would be lonely if I'm the only person who is alive in my family.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Eternu

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 08:53:11 PM

A long-lived life (200-250 years) will be realized by science. But I'm not sure if we can see in our generations.
Perhaps the next generation 2 generations after us will be able to see it literally.

In fact, I want to be immortal just to see these technological and scientific developments.
I agree with you. Life will be longer in near future. Maybe we won't live to see it, but it will happen for sure. Life will get longer and longer, and at one moment it will evolve in to immortality, or it will be really long, which is good too if you ask me. But there is one problem. It would not be enough for some people, no matter how long life would be, for them it would be still short.

It seems to me that life expectancy does not increase but decreases. But I would not like to be immortal. It scares me. It's like a curse
I don't agree with you, because people had lived about up to around 60 years, after world war 2, and i don't want to go before that, life was even shorter. Now in my country i rarely hear that someone young died from a illness or some other normal death, I don't count car crashes and such human error things. Medicine has evolved so much that some diseases that was lethal before, are now curable. And it will always be like that. Human life will only go up, unless we destroy our self before that.
Potatoh

Activity: 39

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 05:30:06 AM

Digital copies of anything will have their quality greatly reduced. Look at digital cameras for example. They take the pictures but need to cut out a lot of the detail that nature presents us with, replacing them with separate pixels of individual colour. It's impossible to be as detailed as real life when you're copying a brain, and so that form of "living" isn't immortality at all. Even if it was possible to be immortal, it wouldn't matter for 99% of the population as most people won't be able to afford this immortality, and we'll just be using even more resources to feed the immortals, which will lead to an ultimate end of human life on earth as we run out of resources. This is happening anyway, but immortality will just make it faster.
bitbunnni

Activity: 127

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 08:59:11 AM

A long-lived life (200-250 years) will be realized by science. But I'm not sure if we can see in our generations.
Perhaps the next generation 2 generations after us will be able to see it literally.

In fact, I want to be immortal just to see these technological and scientific developments.
I agree with you. Life will be longer in near future. Maybe we won't live to see it, but it will happen for sure. Life will get longer and longer, and at one moment it will evolve in to immortality, or it will be really long, which is good too if you ask me. But there is one problem. It would not be enough for some people, no matter how long life would be, for them it would be still short.

It seems to me that life expectancy does not increase but decreases. But I would not like to be immortal. It scares me. It's like a curse
I don't agree with you, because people had lived about up to around 60 years, after world war 2, and i don't want to go before that, life was even shorter. Now in my country i rarely hear that someone young died from a illness or some other normal death, I don't count car crashes and such human error things. Medicine has evolved so much that some diseases that was lethal before, are now curable. And it will always be like that. Human life will only go up, unless we destroy our self before that.

Life expectancy may increase, but it will not become eternal. If earlier because of the lack of quality medicine people sometimes did not live up to 30 years, now it is quite possible to live up to 100, if not destroy yourself.
PassControl_GA

Activity: 17

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 07:25:19 PM

Life expectancy may increase, but it will not become eternal. If earlier because of the lack of quality medicine people sometimes did not live up to 30 years, now it is quite possible to live up to 100, if not destroy yourself.
Probably still young when they love each other, then the words themselves will be found. Of course I want everyone to hear you, but most importantly, it's your couple.
hatm1t

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 12:46:14 PM

I don't think it will be possible to attain immortality, because this is the law of nature.
cryptocrusher

Activity: 420
Merit: 136

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 12:50:54 PM

I think in theory immortality is possible but I feel that it will never be truly achieved. I believe that science will pursue other things as a priority.

b e t f o r m ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ SMART CONTRACT POWERED SOCIAL BETTING PLATFORM
                                                     A p p Download ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Google Play   App Store     [ WEB VERSION ]                                 ❱❱JOIN b e t f o r m❰❰
                       F o l l o w us ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ WHITEPAPER TELEGRAM FACEBOOK TWITTER
Crypto_Cat

Activity: 330

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 03:19:35 PM

there's no such thing as immortality .. everything and everyone dies at some point
slaz26

Activity: 462

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 04:27:28 PM

I think in theory immortality is possible but I feel that it will never be truly achieved. I believe that science will pursue other things as a priority.

It is not profitable for science to make people immortal. This will lead to disaster in a few years. I'm not sure that I would like to become immortal. I already sometimes want to die

bitcoinsocial09

Activity: 413
Merit: 105

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2017, 04:37:26 PM

What do you think about immortality? Will people find immortality in the future?
Is it possible to transfer a digital copy of the brain to a computer environment?
i guess technology can make our life longer but death is something that we cannot escape.

[   B E S T   C H A N G E   ]      Best Rates For Exchanging Cryptocurrency
●              ►              Buy bitcoin with credit card  ✓              ◄              ●
FACEBOOK                TWITTER                INSTAGRAM                TELEGRAM
smusanne

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 07:23:35 PM

One day soon I think people will start to live to 150 years old or so but I don't think immortality will ever happen. I think to an extent you may be able to transfer someone's brain but I suspect that a brain even has a life capacity.
bob3772

Activity: 415

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 07:47:44 PM

Well given that Hitler is still alive in Argentina and is 126 then I think there is hope for all of us.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: