Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 07:07:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BEWARE Bitstamp, SEPA transfers disappearing!!!  (Read 774 times)
SirWilliam (OP)

Activity: 248
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 02:15:23 PM

I just looked at their Facebook page and there are a bunch of people who have confirmed SEPA bank transfers from as long as 3 weeks ago and they have not had the funds credited to their accounts or any explanation from Bitstamp!!!! I can't believe this. I am going to get my bank to ask a for a reimbursement of my transfer and also make a complaint to European authorities!!!!

Their support is not replying to my or other depositors tickets.

see here: https://www.facebook.com/Bitstamp/posts/362971747153431?notif_t=like

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SirWilliam (OP)

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 02:44:17 PM

FYI, just received a reply in support from Nejc Kodrič. He said they have received my SEPA transfer today buy cannot credit my account at the moment due to a system error in the Unicredit online Exchange converter. The link below shows the site and there does seem to be a problem, it is only listing EURO and Australian Dollar at the moment.

http://www.unicreditbank.si/tecajna_lista/?t=1&id_menu=&language=ENG

I hope this is legitimate and my money will be credited when it is fixed.

I will post how it turns out.
Bitcoinista

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 02:51:05 PM

FYI, just received a reply in support from Nejc Kodrič. He said they have received my SEPA transfer today buy cannot credit my account at the moment due to a system error in the Unicredit online Exchange converter. The link below shows the site and there does seem to be a problem, it is only listing EURO and Australian Dollar at the moment.

I had a credit a couple of hours ago - maybe there's a backlog that they're working through.
1m1nd

Activity: 42

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 02:53:47 PM

Support ticket open for 6 hours with no reply, separate email also has had no reply. Frustrating, starting to feel like my money has been stolen
SirWilliam (OP)

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 02:55:50 PM

Could I ask if it was a SEPA transfer in EURO and when you sent it?

I had a credit a couple of hours ago - maybe there's a backlog that they're working through.
Bitcoinista

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 03:46:35 PM

Could I ask if it was a SEPA transfer in EURO and when you sent it?

Yup, SEPA in Euro, funds cleared in Bitstamp at about 11am today, but didn't show up in the account until 1pm or so.
SirWilliam (OP)

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 03:53:12 PM

That's bizarre. Why did your transfer go through okay and all of our transfers did not? I am worried. Guess we will see if this continues on Monday. Can't understand why they could convert your transfer to US dollars when the Unicredit conversion is supposedly screwed up...

Thanks for the info in any case!

We shall see....
Bitcoinista

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 04:09:26 PM

That's bizarre. Why did your transfer go through okay and all of our transfers did not? I am worried. Guess we will see if this continues on Monday. Can't understand why they could convert your transfer to US dollars when the Unicredit conversion is supposedly screwed up...

Thanks for the info in any case!

We shall see....

I know how you feel - this is the second time I've used them, the first time there were no delays at all. Bitstamp went offline for a time yesterday, which nearly gave me a heart attack, and then when the money didn't show up this morning I thought the worst.

Keep us updated - I think you'll be ok. Was the transfer reference correct?
SirWilliam (OP)

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 05:03:16 PM

I know how you feel - this is the second time I've used them, the first time there were no delays at all. Bitstamp went offline for a time yesterday, which nearly gave me a heart attack, and then when the money didn't show up this morning I thought the worst.

Keep us updated - I think you'll be ok. Was the transfer reference correct?
[/quote]

Heh, yes indeed yesterday I was hitting the old refresh button a lot during the hours they were down.

The reference number was correct, I checked the darn thing about 100 times after I sent it.

I have been trading stocks for years so I am not used to this Wild West atmosphere. Most brokerages are pretty careful not to upset their clients too much, they have fast customer service and offer free trades, etc. whenever there is a problem. I just want to get some bitcoins as a long-term hold and also an investment in the possibility of an alternative currency.

I did as much research on Bitstamp as I could before sending the money, read a lot of accounts of people trading with them without any problems and didn't find anything negative until today.

As I said there does seem to be a problem with the Unicredit currency conversion page in Slovenia so perhaps it's just that issue combined with backlog and worker and site overload. Still I can't understand why some deposits made it in to people's accounts and others from the same day did not.

I don't imagine we with hanging deposits shall hear anything more until Monday morning, though of course Bitcoin will continue it's mysterious ways 24 hours a day over the weekend.

I will post updates in this forum.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: