Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 04:13:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SFC][POW] ★★ Solarflarecoin Rebrand ★★ New dev team ★★  (Read 43714 times)
SolarFlareProject (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 17, 2017, 04:01:10 PM

Approx February 2017
Launch of Solarflare Virtual Modules Platform

can't wait news dev?

We are working on it,and as soon as we have a precise day we will inform all of you through all our channels  Wink
Btw if you want you can join our Slack channel where daily we discuss about development of the coin!
https://solarflarecoin.slack.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitdragon2016

Activity: 231

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 05:57:39 AM

Hello dev.

Is it normal that the confirmation takes almost 2 hours in qt wallet? I bought SFCcoin in CRYPTOPIA and transfer it it in my qt wallet but it takes a lot of time before the 6 confirmation complete. I have no issue in my internet connection , I wonder why whats the issue here..

Regards

bitdragon2016
Lombaqe

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 07:02:05 AM

Hello dev.

Is it normal that the confirmation takes almost 2 hours in qt wallet? I bought SFCcoin in CRYPTOPIA and transfer it it in my qt wallet but it takes a lot of time before the 6 confirmation complete. I have no issue in my internet connection , I wonder why whats the issue here..

Regards

bitdragon2016
there has been some issues with difficulty with the current miner amount,but it should ease up now again  Smiley

Sneaking around in shadows,lurking like a Gollum
SolarFlareProject (OP)

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 09:12:51 AM

Hello dev.

Regards

bitdragon2016

You right, it's nothing related your internet connection speed.
The blockchain was stuck on high difficulty then slowed on finding new blocks and process transactions.
Let us know if everything is back to normal Wink
bitdragon2016

Activity: 231

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 09:52:47 AM

Yes thank you it was confirm though approximately 2 hours, This coin has a lot of potential since its based green energy like "EGC" evergreencoin, that caters renewable energy in the future. Dont get me wrong Im not trying to compare your coin since it has different algorithm and the developer has a black and white identity. I hope SFC will do the same so that it will help the confidence of every community to invest.

Regards

bitdragon2016
SolarFlareProject (OP)

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 10:19:18 AM

Yes thank you it was confirm though approximately 2 hours, This coin has a lot of potential since its based green energy like "EGC" evergreencoin, that caters renewable energy in the future. Dont get me wrong Im not trying to compare your coin since it has different algorithm and the developer has a black and white identity. I hope SFC will do the same so that it will help the confidence of every community to invest.

Regards

bitdragon2016

Thanks Bitdragon,you welcome and don't worry for the compare....some coins can have same purpose or application fields, but any coin is different and do his own life cycle  Wink
As team, we are trying to do our best on giving to investors a stable coin, to miners a stable network but that's cannot always happen.
We are trying to face and solve problems when they comes, and as we are an open source community you are all welcome to contiribute and help on development!
Don't forget to sign in on our Slack Channel
https://solarflarecoin.slack.com/
Lopchi

Activity: 207

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 12:38:14 PM

Thanks Bitdragon,you welcome and don't worry for the compare....some coins can have same purpose or application fields, but any coin is different and do his own life cycle  Wink
As team, we are trying to do our best on giving to investors a stable coin, to miners a stable network but that's cannot always happen.
We are trying to face and solve problems when they comes, and as we are an open source community you are all welcome to contiribute and help on development!

Going to support your efforts by buying some coins  Wink

SolarFlareProject (OP)

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 03:13:10 PM

Thanks Bitdragon,you welcome and don't worry for the compare....some coins can have same purpose or application fields, but any coin is different and do his own life cycle  Wink

Going to support your efforts by buying some coins  Wink

Always nice when new people show support to us, we will not let you down  Wink
Today we finalized the request to get added on Bitsquares, they are at 4th spot on bestbitcoinexchange.io
We also asked to Shapeshift to give us a look, as using their altcoin payment gateway with the integration of Solarflarecoin inside, will make the whole payment system of our platform much better and easier....we are under their radar  Wink
ddd12md

Activity: 146

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 01:53:06 PM

Few hours ago was block 4880, now 9600) How come? Who found all this blocks so quickly?
iegservers

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 02:35:34 PM

Few hours ago was block 4880, now 9600) How come? Who found all this blocks so quickly?

I am thinking its a block-chain error.  Started having orphan blocks consistently.  then jumped to the 9000 blocks... definitely  doesn't seem right for sure.
iegservers

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 02:41:52 PM

Feeling lucky that some stupid people's are dumping on me thousand of their coins for such low value Grin
Already happened with previous 600 sat jump and soon will happen again!
See you soon @ 10X actual value!!

PS: love that coin  Wink

We think that who is selling at such low price probably in future will rethink on that  Wink
we recognize that the coin at the moment is traded at a price much below their real price, probably with some new improvements that will jump up, making happy all $SFC holders  Grin

Just today we sent our request to get added on the big family of altcoins of Shapeshift (that could help us a lot on managing our platform payment system) and the exchange Bitstamp.
Not least, soon you will get more info about us on https://www.worldcoinindex.com

And there they go again, selling by the 10,000's, bring the price down.. but hey, Im holding my 100,000 and counting Smiley
ddd12md

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 03:27:00 PM

I am thinking its a block-chain error.  Started having orphan blocks consistently.  then jumped to the 9000 blocks... definitely  doesn't seem right for sure.

This address SQiQU76y3QK6TpaKQwo7VJUSeZMpn3zxRZ got all coins.
iegservers

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 03:54:44 PM

How is this even possible ?
ddd12md

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 04:00:06 PM

Easily, when developer cheating us)
iegservers

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 04:22:31 PM

Developer, What do you have to say for this ?
Lombaqe

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 04:52:51 PM

I am thinking its a block-chain error.  Started having orphan blocks consistently.  then jumped to the 9000 blocks... definitely  doesn't seem right for sure.

Developer, What do you have to say for this ?

it's not a work of developer, we noticed this also and shared a quick word on slack with him. he will investigate this as soon as he gets home, but so far it's only known that the address mentioned above managed to generate the coins somehow, not through pools,but through solo actions and slowly moved them in exchange and sold them away.

EDIT: if I find out something more,I let everyone know, but atm that's all I know

SolarFlareProject (OP)

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 06:46:41 PM
Last edit: February 20, 2017, 07:09:01 PM by SolarFlareProject

Sorry for late reply but i was out the whole day and can't check whats the problem was.
This morning an user noticed a strange jump in blocks, from ~4800 to actual 9601
looks like that the attacker (probably  a big miner with fake timestamps)
was seemingly able to orphanize a group of blocks from other miners and claiming them for himself, exactly how happen to Fedoracoin time ago.
The attacker used that trick and all blocks was gone to the address
http://blockexp.com:8075/address/SQiQU76y3QK6TpaKQwo7VJUSeZMpn3zxRZ

Now we are looking to further investigate how that was possible, and we are getting in touch with all pool owners for understand what caused the problem
We can't say nothing more at the moment, we continue to investigate and we will keep you posted through the forum and twitter!
Of course if someone want to help us some help, any help is welcome.
Joshua.
Lombaqe

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 07:02:32 PM

here's the original posts Solarflarecoin referred to when he said "same as Fedoracoin had"

Original post link for the below https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=380466.msg4171019#msg4171019

Quote from: bettercoinpool link=topic=topic=380466.msg4171019#msg4171019
The pool & the remaining pools, running the latest version of stratum & MPOS were either buggy or hacked.  I spotted that the wallet balances were fluctuating wildly and thought it was due to some strange coin related confirmation bug, but in the end, one of two things happened -- either miners got overpaid a lot or a successful hack against the pools was executed.  Either way, I will be investigating this further this weekend and will email every pool participant to confirm their information before refunding their account balances.  No scam here -- I am working with another pool operator who is having the same symptoms to try to identify where this is coming from.  According to his research there's some scripts that hackers originating from Asia use, who DDOS the RPC wallet port while injecting high invalid hash rates, which allows them to inject wrong data into mysql...  Basically theft -- though I am not convinced that it's not a software bug, yet.

Original post link for the below https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1420302.msg14379869#msg14379869

TIPS Hardfork FAQ

Q: Why a wallet-update that is causing a fork?
A: At some point in the recent past an attacker started to orphanize every and all blocks of all other TIPS miners.
The attacker was seemingly able to deliberatly orphanize any block or group of blocks he wished and claim them for himself.
Ahmed aka mrbodz kindly provided a new wallet source based on latest Feathercoin sources that uses ACP,
advanced checkpointing which counters this possible attack vector. Actually the new wallet would use the same blockchain as before,
but would refuse to accept series of blocks that orphanize large numbers of previous (honestly) mined blocks.
So as soon as the first attack started the new and improved wallet forked and stuck to the blocks of honest miners.

as said,this is under investigation, but it seems atm very similar on what happened there..

notsofast
Legendary

Activity: 1517
Merit: 1042

@notsofast

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2017, 08:23:41 PM

So a hardfork is required to fix the coin. Will you roll the blockchain back, or let the attacker keep the rewards? You could probably do either safely without too much additional blowback from users as the chain is fairly young.

twitter.com/notsofast
SolarFlareProject (OP)

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 08:52:05 PM

So a hardfork is required to fix the coin. Will you roll the blockchain back, or let the attacker keep the rewards? You could probably do either safely without too much additional blowback from users as the chain is fairly young.

Yes,  a fork was already planned due to fix the slow block retarget time then we are working on that direction.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: