Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:38:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SFC][POW] ★★ Solarflarecoin Rebrand ★★ New dev team ★★  (Read 43714 times)
Lombaqe

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 08:27:54 PM

Yes, stop mining until further notice by SolarFlare Coin

till further notice it might be best to halt mining, dev is working on solving the problem atm and as soon as it gets solved, it will be informed so people can update wallet and return in mining

Sneaking around in shadows,lurking like a Gollum

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Belligerent Fool
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 10:02:15 PM

So are you actually getting time warp attacked or are the blocks coming in delayed by 1 ? E.g the block just mined doesn't go into the network till the next one is found ?
Lombaqe

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 11:45:27 PM

So are you actually getting time warp attacked or are the blocks coming in delayed by 1 ? E.g the block just mined doesn't go into the network till the next one is found ?

coin WAS getting time warp attacked 2 days ago and because of that, there was adjustments made on confirmation time and also difficulty readjustment was configured at the same time. while the new wallet was published to be downloaded yesterday, problems occurred on blockchain syncing which forced the new wallet to be pulled back to find the issue on the code. At the moment dev is working on solving the issue on it and as soon as it is fixed, it will be announced. I hope this responds on your question and if you have more questions, feel free to ask in here or send your email address on pm and I invite you to join in slack with us.

Belligerent Fool
Legendary

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 11:54:38 PM

coin WAS getting time warp attacked 2 days ago and because of that, there was adjustments made on confirmation time and also difficulty readjustment was configured at the same time. while the new wallet was published to be downloaded yesterday, problems occurred on blockchain syncing which forced the new wallet to be pulled back to find the issue on the code. At the moment dev is working on solving the issue on it and as soon as it is fixed, it will be announced. I hope this responds on your question and if you have more questions, feel free to ask in here or send your email address on pm and I invite you to join in slack with us.

This might sound silly but did you guys change the client version number and protocol when you hard forked to the new changes ?

What about the hardfork switch over block number too ?
SolarFlareProject (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 12:07:28 AM

This might sound silly but did you guys change the client version number and protocol when you hard forked to the new changes ?

Hello and welcome. Regarding your questions...no...i didn't changed client version number and protocol....
Sincerely i'm sure i'm missing something on the switch....today i was out for some things related to daily life so i only did small check.
At this point if anyone could help us to figure where the problem is and how to fix it helping us on the switch, that's could be be really appreciated (and rewarded)
Everyday we are on the Slack > https://solarflarecoin.slack.com
canman

Activity: 479

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 12:40:57 AM

Is the diff 11.9m too high to solo mine, worth it or not?  thanks
Lombaqe

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 12:46:03 AM

Is the diff 11.9m too high to solo mine, worth it or not?  thanks

where do you see such difficulty?

EDIT: current difficulty should be ~182 , not 11.9 m

and as for solo mining,depends on how much hash you have

Belligerent Fool
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 12:54:50 AM

Hello and welcome. Regarding your questions...no...i didn't changed client version number and protocol....
Sincerely i'm sure i'm missing something on the switch....today i was out for some things related to daily life so i only did small check.
At this point if anyone could help us to figure where the problem is and how to fix it helping us on the switch, that's could be be really appreciated (and rewarded)
Everyday we are on the Slack > https://solarflarecoin.slack.com

I'd normally say something smart and give you shit for not doing the obvious but since you directed me I'll take that as my queue Wink

BTW I have a daily "Real" life though crypto is still a part of it 20 hrs a day pretty much Grin
SolarFlareProject (OP)

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 04:53:22 PM

We did some test on the updated client and everything looks syncing good!
We are fixing last things and we are almost ready to delivery the updated and fixed version of client.
At the moment the wallets on Cryptopia are disabled under our request to in order to allow the update, if you are mining on the pools we suggest to stop mining operations until pools update the client to new versions!
Stay tuned!
canman

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 05:07:18 PM

We did some test on the updated client and everything looks syncing good!
We are fixing last things and we are almost ready to delivery the updated and fixed version of client.
At the moment the wallets on Cryptopia are disabled under our request to in order to allow the update, if you are mining on the pools we suggest to stop mining operations until pools update the client to new versions!
Stay tuned!

timeline for this to happen?
SolarFlareProject (OP)

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 07:53:43 PM
Last edit: February 24, 2017, 08:48:47 AM by SolarFlareProject

Thanks to the help of some precious collaborators and crypto enthusiat we finished all tests on new code, and clients seems connecting fine to the chain.
One of the big news was the implementation of Dark Gravity Wave retargeting difficulty, that goes into effect on block 9850, thats will prevent that the network will get stuck on high difficulty, adjusting difficulty in a more stable way.
We also had to correct the minimun number of confirmations required to spend SFC, increasing from 6 to 50, thats should discourage a possible future attacker preventing that he can spend easily coins fraudolently mined.

UPDATES ARE MANDATORY AND ARE AVAILABLE HERE
Please everybody update your Linux clients or compile your own by the source, clients for Windows will be out as soon as posible!

For all miners, pools will reopen as soon they apply the update, then mining operatiosn can immediately restart.
Blockexplorer will be offline during the time of update.
Cryptopia already received the update and they will reopen wallets as soon as the update is applied.
By the market side, we are happy to see that also with some problems, we touched the ATH for volume, and we are very optimistic about the price.
For all those that want to be directly involved on the development or stay in touch with us, we remember our Slack group
https://solarflarecoin.slack.com
Thanks for coop  Wink
cryptofarmer

Activity: 539
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2017, 12:06:53 AM

Thanks to the help of some precious collaborators and crypto enthusiat we finished all tests on new code, and clients seems connecting fine to the chain.
One of the big news was the implementation of Dark Gravity Wave retargeting difficulty, that goes into effect on block 9850, thats will prevent that the network will get stuck on high difficulty, adjusting difficulty in a more stable way.
We also had to correct the minimun number of confirmations required to spend SFC, increasing from 6 to 50, thats should discourage a possible future attacker preventing that he can spend easily coins fraudolently mined.

Please everybody update your Linux clients or compile your own by the source, clients for Windows and MAC OSX will be out as soon as they are ready to go!

For all miners, pools will reopen as soon they apply the update, then mining operatiosn can immediately restart.
Cryptopia already received the update and they will reopen wallets as soon as the update is applied.
By the market side, we are happy to see that also with some problems, we touched the ATH for volume, and we are very optimistic about the price.
For all those that want to be directly involved on the development or stay in touch with us, we remember our Slack group
Thanks for coop  Wink
www.Mining-Dutch.nl wallet updated and pool back online.

www.Mining-Dutch.nl  (Merged Mining - Multiport / Multi algo)
canman

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 12:35:02 AM

has aikapool.com updated?
SolarFlareProject (OP)

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 08:51:04 AM

has aikapool.com updated?
we still dont know if Aikapool succesfully updated, but for sure MiningDutch is working great at the moment with some guys mining blocks after blocks.
Here you can reach MiningDutch > http://mining-dutch.nl/pools/solarflaircoin/public/index.php
And also OSX wallet is ready for download!

Bitcoin_Delivery

Activity: 952
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 12:27:53 PM

Please everybody update your Linux clients or compile your own by the source, clients for Windows will be out as soon as posible!

Thanks for coop  Wink
I've watched the evolution of this from the day the coin was attacked, i can't contribute on helping but i can say that my wallet now sync well and i'm able to transfer money....let's wait for the switch but i feel that everything is fixed now.
I want to spend a small word for devs saying thanks for the hard job done, is very hard nowadays to find devs that don't run and abandone a very young coin after troubles like this, dumping their coin and killing the project....fair play guys!
Thats definitely the proof that this coin have still lots of way to percurr, community is growing, volume is growing and with all this i can only expect a huge lift on price very soon.
I'm really happy to support it mining and mining!

SolarFlareProject (OP)

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 01:56:51 PM

I've watched the evolution of this from the day the coin was attacked, i can't contribute on helping but i can say that my wallet now sync well and i'm able to transfer money....let's wait for the switch but i feel that everything is fixed now.
I want to spend a small word for devs saying thanks for the hard job done, is very hard nowadays to find devs that don't run and abandone a very young coin after troubles like this, dumping their coin and killing the project....fair play guys!
Thats definitely the proof that this coin have still lots of way to percurr, community is growing, volume is growing and with all this i can only expect a huge lift on price very soon.

Thanks for your support, sincerely the credit of this goes to the whole community that supported us on last days, and to Bumbacoin that helped us a lot fixing the code and helping us releasing the update.
You are right, leave and exit have been the easy option here, but we are here to stand, because signals are that this coin can still grow a lot!
Hope that problems are now solved, and invite everyone to contribute to the community, as others did!
canman

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 02:16:17 PM

Thanks for your support, sincerely the credit of this goes to the whole community that supported us on last days, and to Bumbacoin that helped us a lot fixing the code and helping us releasing the update.
You are right, leave and exit have been the easy option here, but we are here to stand, because signals are that this coin can still grow a lot!
Hope that problems are now solved, and invite everyone to contribute to the community, as others did!

still stuck on high diff.  is there any fix to this and if so timeline plz.  thanks
SolarFlareProject (OP)

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 02:19:08 PM

still stuck on high diff.  is there any fix to this and if so timeline plz.  thanks

Guys why you are so lazy to scroll and look through the topic?
We already reported about that some posts ago!

Now we are at block 9775....

For all those that asked, now also the missing piece of Windows wallet is arrived and ready for download.

Lombaqe

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 05:02:26 PM

now we have officially passed through block 9850 and DGW has kicked in successfully. current difficulty 74.5967577

Belligerent Fool
Legendary

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 05:03:49 PM

Now what is needed is the rest of the pools to update.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: