Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 10:30:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bear appreciation thread!!  (Read 5624 times)
nobbynobbynoob

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Annuit cœptis humanae libertas

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2013, 09:16:44 PM

Gold seems to be having a worse time than bitcoin right now. But both are going down...

The falling price in its own right shouldn't provoke negative sentiment. It is (or will be) a buying opportunity.

Earn Free Bitcoins!   Earn bitcoin via BitcoinGet
BTC tip: 1PKkvuwC24Vqjv9odigXs1QVzE66jEJqmb (if <200 µBTC, please donate to charity)
LTC tip: LRqXaNdF79QHvhPpS5AZdEJZnLiNnAkJvq (if <Ł0,05, please donate to charity)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
evolve (OP)

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

daytrader/superhero

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 09:55:27 PM

It is (or will be) a buying opportunity.

At or near the bottom, yes.

Buying on the way down is risky and leaves you open to get burned hard.
Adrian-x
Legendary

Activity: 1372

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 10:01:33 PM

Nah, I think we are done. We are solidly into "the long slow slide to singles" territory now, IMO.

You can sense the sentiment changing as more and more people, especially those who bought over $100 start to realize they made a terrible mistake.  Here's why we're going to single digits.  There are probably millions of people into bitcoin now, and for the vast majority of them, this is their first introduction to markets.  They will continue to panic.  Everytime the price goes down like this, more and more of holders beginning think it might be time to cut losses or protect profits.  Just think about how heavy and depressing sentiment got in 2011, and now multiply that by a lot.  Welcome to 2013.

I think you are most probably correct, but knowing how Bitcoin will cause deflation in the long run wouldn't it be best to put your attention on saving rather than taking losses now, not everyone is a trader?  

What is happening now is an inflation event; if I read you correctly you are almost making fun of people who are cashing out instead of giving them advice.  The last year and a half up to the end of 2012, from the peek of $30 inflation  encouraged a lot of investment (I'll take swindling off the list of investments as I think there were more ponzis than businesses) but we did get ASIC system and ASIC mining outfits all adding a whole lot of infrastructure to the foundation of the Bitonomy.  
The only depressing sentiment I felt in 2011 was why didn't I trust my gut and get in when I first read about Bitcoin, the rest was a huge opportunity for those who could see how Bitcoin would change how an economy could function.

Thank me in Bits 12MwnzxtprG2mHm3rKdgi7NmJKCypsMMQw
Wuji

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 10:32:16 PM

Gold seems to be having a worse time than bitcoin right now. But both are going down...

The falling price in its own right shouldn't provoke negative sentiment. It is (or will be) a buying opportunity.

One reason I bought more BTC today at $71 is there maybe some moving over gold to BTC now.  I'm still not all in but at least I once again own coin which feels great.  We could slowly keep going down and I'm fine with that but, I'm not so sure this bubble burst is going to go that way.  As for gold it is going down as the economy and markets go up.  

I would not suggest buying gold.  Over $1200 is for sure a bubble and the better economy, jobs, and housing do the lower gold will go.  Don't listen to fake news websites like Newsmax that want to sell you a book and tell you the sky is falling.  Gold does have some uses but, less than most people think.  I'll probably buy back some new gold coins as it drops.  Not because I believe in gold but, because I love gold coins and diversification.  I always buy low and sell high but, I'm not sure gold is low enough yet.

People drove gold to $1800 because they were scared of the market.
evolve (OP)

daytrader/superhero

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 10:37:47 PM

knowing how Bitcoin will cause deflation in the long run wouldn't it be best to put your attention on saving rather than taking losses now, not everyone is a trader?  

There is no guarantee the price will ever raise this high again. "Saving" could be throwing good money after bad.

Manticore

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 11:04:28 PM
Last edit: April 15, 2013, 11:36:16 PM by Manticore

The 2013 bubble introduced the world to Bitcoin. It would take something an order of magnitude greater than the recent media hype cycle to keep this from sliding down over the next few weeks. We are destined for single digits....where we will likely stay for quite awhile. And that is where we should be.

Any future bubble will need to be driven by fundamentals. A game-changing idea could spring forth from Bitcoin (or something similar) over the course of the year, but even that doesn't mean that Bitcoin would or should see highs anywhere near what we've recently seen. IMO Bitcoin can successfully herald a great financial innovation and still not be a good direct investment, certainly at these levels.
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 11:12:08 PM

knowing how Bitcoin will cause deflation in the long run wouldn't it be best to put your attention on saving rather than taking losses now, not everyone is a trader?  

There is no guarantee the price will ever raise this high again. "Saving" could be throwing good money after bad.

It isn't out of the question that bitcoin recovers from what is clearly the worst market event in its history, but if it does crawl out of this pic, it won't be for many, many years.  It's going to take a very long time to build trust again.  Developers will have lots of time to build more robust infrastructure on top of bitcoin, while it hobbles along at values much lower than they are now and with far fewer participants.  If the infrastructure is built out properly with scalability planned for in advance, bitcoin has a chance of making it out of this.  If the market decides to get enthusiastic before the infrastructure is ready, or developers decide developing infrastructure just isn't worth the risk, then that's it for bitcoin. 

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
Manticore

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 11:31:53 PM

It isn't out of the question that bitcoin recovers from what is clearly the worst market event in its history, but if it does crawl out of this pic, it won't be for many, many years.  It's going to take a very long time to build trust again.  Developers will have lots of time to build more robust infrastructure on top of bitcoin, while it hobbles along at values much lower than they are now and with far fewer participants.  If the infrastructure is built out properly with scalability planned for in advance, bitcoin has a chance of making it out of this.  If the market decides to get enthusiastic before the infrastructure is ready, or developers decide developing infrastructure just isn't worth the risk, then that's it for bitcoin. 

Yes.
BrightAnarchist
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 853

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 11:33:39 PM

Obvious bubble was obvious.

But there's a lot more to the story

Hold on and stay tuned for more deflatonary fireworks. Bitcoin, gold, and now the s&p are joining in on the fun

Stay short or die

-BA
Adrian-x
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 12:02:44 AM

Sure  and I thought $30 in 2013 was a wild dream, so are you buying, selling or holding?

evolve (OP)

daytrader/superhero

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 12:05:47 AM

Sure  and I thought $30 in 2013 was a wild dream, so are you buying, selling or holding?

Buying if the price gets low enough, Selling BTC I made from flipping a few XRP today, and Holding onto USD in the meantime.  Wink
evolve (OP)

daytrader/superhero

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 02:55:31 AM
Last edit: April 16, 2013, 04:13:05 AM by evolve

Getting close to the post crash low...

*live graph*

looks about right.....

ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2013, 07:33:03 PM

Bump.
Lets see how this "Price is `stable` in the 80-90 range" period plays out.  Wink
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 07:55:06 PM

Bump.
Lets see how this "Price is `stable` in the 80-90 range" period plays out.  Wink

It think in the short term is't going pop out of that range both ways.  Still though, I've been very surprised by the response post crash.  I was expecting much, much worse; but to the contrary, the crash seems to have shaken the existing market infrastructure enough that its managers are beginning to significantly improve it.  But what's even better is that it seems to have attracted the attention of people who might be able to bring a new level of expertise to the bitcoin market, and the hope is that that will make it, at least, more resistant to attack and more capable of handling higher demand.  I don't expect the volatility problem to be anywhere near solved for years, probably decades, but it can be managed better, and I think it will be in the near future.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
Wuji

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 08:14:51 PM

Bump.

It think in the short term is't going pop out of that range both ways.  Still though, I've been very surprised by the response post crash.  I was expecting much, much worse; but to the contrary, the crash seems to have shaken the existing market infrastructure enough that its managers are beginning to significantly improve it.  But what's even better is that it seems to have attracted the attention of people who might be able to bring a new level of expertise to the bitcoin market, and the hope is that that will make it, at least, more resistant to attack and more capable of handling higher demand.  I don't expect the volatility problem to be anywhere near solved for years, probably decades, but it can be managed better, and I think it will be in the near future.

These bulls are strong like bull!  But panic sell off is strong like avalanche!
Akka
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 11:58:26 PM

Bump  Grin

All previous versions of currency will no longer be supported as of this update
nobbynobbynoob

Annuit cœptis humanae libertas

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2013, 12:10:19 AM

Give lots of credit to proudhon - he made some very reasoned posts, and I distinctly remember him turning bullish during the extremely heavy test of the $50 bottom. "Looks like this is the bottom," he said, and he turned out to be very right.

The bears will get to play again some time, but I think the time is probably not right now. The bulls are back in town, and boy does it feel good. Smiley

Earn Free Bitcoins!   Earn bitcoin via BitcoinGet
BTC tip: 1PKkvuwC24Vqjv9odigXs1QVzE66jEJqmb (if <200 µBTC, please donate to charity)
LTC tip: LRqXaNdF79QHvhPpS5AZdEJZnLiNnAkJvq (if <Ł0,05, please donate to charity)
oda.krell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 12:26:19 AM

I will give precisely fuck zero credit to any of the bears going full retard in this thread...

Quote from: evolve
There is no guarantee the price will ever raise this high again.

The bears in here were every bit as uninformed, lazy and obnoxious as their bullish counterparts who are now cheering "we'll reach 1000 next week". Good thing there's a least a few people I enjoy reading in this forum. The crowd in this thread? Not so much.

Not sure which Bitcoin wallet you should use? Get Electrum!
Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
Adrian-x
Legendary

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 01:42:30 AM

I was just learned that Bitcoin isn't a ponzi  - which is huge as I think it carries some similarities.  
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7u4F8cpzqao
The beauty of the discovery presents market fluctuations and the equivalent crash as a run on the bank, typical of free banking at the turn of the century.  

So when the price crashes, it is nothing more than speculators losing confidence and the resulting a run on the bank.

The June 2011 Bitcoin bank run nearly bankrupted the Bitcoin community, but with every bank run, the Bitcoin community gets stronger and more resilient. The last didn't even come close to bankruptcy.
I was just informed that Bitcoin isent a ponzi

oakpacific

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 02:03:42 AM

I was just learned that Bitcoin isn't a ponzi  - which is huge as I think it carries some similarities.  
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7u4F8cpzqao
The beauty of the discovery presents market fluctuations and the equivalent crash as a run on the bank, typical of free banking at the turn of the century.  

So when the price crashes, it is nothing more than speculators losing confidence and the resulting a run on the bank.

The June 2011 Bitcoin bank run nearly bankrupted the Bitcoin community, but with every bank run, the Bitcoin community gets stronger and more resilient. The last didn't even come close to bankruptcy.
I was just informed that Bitcoin isent a ponzi

Why in the world did you think Bitcoin price should not fluctuate wildly? Obviously it can't just go up like a exponential function. I mean if, let's say the stock of Google were not given any price tag at its IPO, and were sold to anyone who made the highest bid, however much that is, even if it's zero, its price would have followed pretty much the same trajectory as Bitcoin, but can we call such a stock a Ponzi simply because its price goes up millions of times in a short time frame? Hell no.

The price history of Bitcoin is simply a reflection of a fact: nothing in the human history, has been traded in this way and has had its whole price history documented.

https://tlsnotary.org/ Fraud proofing decentralized fiat-Bitcoin trading.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: