Bitcoin Forum
March 30, 2024, 04:20:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Isn't Islam a religion of hate and violence, not peace and love?  (Read 17830 times)
Spendulus (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 04:17:26 PM

The thread "Kill Muslims" was started by a Muslim with a provocative title. 

The thread "Hate Muslims" was started by a Muslim with a provocative title.

Then people can reply "Oh my gosh NO!" to these straw man arguments.

I am tired of the manipulation and lying.

Islam owns the entire concept and practice of suicide bombing.

Islam owns over 95% of the terrorist activities.

Discuss.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Spoderman

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

Swinging from buildings in my spare time.

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 04:43:14 PM

It sure seems like it doesn't it? If these people are really peace loving then why don't they stop terrorism? It seems like they are all supporting it by doing nothing and letting it happen.
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2017, 05:10:56 PM

How do you hear about these terrible things done in the name of Islam? The news media.

Does the news media report a story about "group of Muslims peacefully attended mosque today!"? No.

The reason you believe Islam is a hate-filled religion is because you're only exposure to the religion is what you hear and see on the news. And the priority of the news is to (mostly) report the tragedies of the world. Ever heard of the news industry phrase "if it bleeds, it leads"?

You say 95% of terrorism is conducted in the name of Islam. This may be true, but I'd love to read the article you're using as a source for that fact.

A more meaningful fact is what percentage of Muslims conduct terrorism? If it was less than 1% would you still think it's a hate-filled religion? Less than 2%? 5%? What threshold is appropriate for the religion to receive that assessment?

I've never read the Koran, but the Islam holy book is THE ONLY true source to answer your question - it will either state tenants that request or suggest hate and violence or it won't, and those are the rules that the religion is lived by.
Spendulus (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 05:40:24 PM

How do you hear about these terrible things done in the name of Islam? The news media.

Does the news media report a story about "group of Muslims peacefully attended mosque today!"? No.

The reason you believe Islam is a hate-filled religion is because you're only exposure to the religion is what you hear and see on the news. And the priority of the news is to (mostly) report the tragedies of the world. Ever heard of the news industry phrase "if it bleeds, it leads"?

You say 95% of terrorism is conducted in the name of Islam. This may be true, but I'd love to read the article you're using as a source for that fact.

A more meaningful fact is what percentage of Muslims conduct terrorism? If it was less than 1% would you still think it's a hate-filled religion? Less than 2%? 5%? What threshold is appropriate for the religion to receive that assessment?

I've never read the Koran, but the Islam holy book is THE ONLY true source to answer your question - it will either state tenants that request or suggest hate and violence or it won't, and those are the rules that the religion is lived by.
Very good comments, but at this moment I will only comment on the bolded.  Completely, totally reject this assertion.

We are more observers of the behavior of Islamics than anything else.  We don't need to read their old books to study their behavior in the world.

And for starters as to "sources," how about we try Wikipedia?
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 6083

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 06:03:02 PM

Wikipedia shouldn't be considered as something reliable clearly , Unlike Bible and the other books , the quran have only one version and didn't change since 1400 years so this is a reliable source instead of reading articles by people who probably don't know anything about the subject.

If we also think logically , saying that Islam is a religion of hate and there are more then 1.7 billion muslim out there , shouldn't you and me (and everyone else) be dead by now ?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
markj113
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 06:06:37 PM

A good public debate here and worth a watch :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghr-JMq1VT0

I wont spoil the final vote outcome.
Spendulus (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 06:18:37 PM

If we also think logically , saying that Islam is a religion of hate and there are more then 1.7 billion muslim out there , shouldn't you and me (and everyone else) be dead by now ?
I think we can do better than this example of "also thinking logically."

But since you bring the matter up, most Muslims who have ever been alive are dead now.  Same with others, for that matter.

Smiley
af_newbie
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1467

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2017, 06:24:28 PM

Wikipedia shouldn't be considered as something reliable clearly , Unlike Bible and the other books , the quran have only one version and didn't change since 1400 years so this is a reliable source instead of reading articles by people who probably don't know anything about the subject.

That is the root cause of the problem.  Islam ideology is locked in the 6th century thinking.

Spendulus (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 06:53:11 PM

That is the root cause of the problem.  Islam ideology is locked in the 6th century thinking.

Are you saying that a ideology created before cars, trucks, firearms, and gunpowder might possibly have problems once there were car bombs and machine guns?
af_newbie
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1467

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2017, 08:12:58 PM

Are you saying that a ideology created before cars, trucks, firearms, and gunpowder might possibly have problems once there were car bombs and machine guns?

Religions in general are ridiculous in the modern world.  

This particular religion with its Sharia Law has not changed since the 6th century. I don't mind when people believe in some fairy Allah type of character.  I have a problem when they say that stoning women is ok because they don't like you.   Throwing gays off the building tops or burning people alive because they disagree with you etc.  Such 'legal punishments' have no place in the 21st century, and I
don't care that the character from their holy book came up with it (that is a batshit crazy idea in itself).

Christians don't burn people alive anymore, so Muslims can do the same.  Stop the insanity.

Remove the fucking Sharia Law from this ideology.  
Make your Allah more like a 21st century political activist, not a 6th century goat herder.

drakker

Activity: 303
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 08:19:57 PM

A big big no! You were fooled by news and all media reports out there. But I beleive that muslims are good friends but worst enemies. Some terrorist bombing done by muslims is because of their leaders will and self interests. Some leaders use its power to urge a person from doing it because they told them that they will be with allah after doing it.
markj113
Legendary

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 08:24:41 PM

A big big no! You were fooled by news and all media reports out there. But I beleive that muslims are good friends but worst enemies. Some terrorist bombing done by muslims is because of their leaders will and self interests. Some leaders use its power to urge a person from doing it because they told them that they will be with allah after doing it.

So no more fairly stories = a big reduction in suicide bombers + murderers.

All religion needs erasing from this planet.

Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 08:44:04 PM

A big big no! You were fooled by news and all media reports out there.
Fooled? Are you suggesting all these bombings, shootings and lorry rampages have been fabricated by the media?

youdamushi

Activity: 392

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 08:55:19 PM

Very good comments, but at this moment I will only comment on the bolded.  Completely, totally reject this assertion.

We are more observers of the behavior of Islamics than anything else.  We don't need to read their old books to study their behavior in the world.

And for starters as to "sources," how about we try Wikipedia?

Oh you're the one always talking about logical fallacies no?
Ok let's go.

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/strawman
Clearly he says that if you question the Islam religion you should begin by studying the Islam holy book. You're misleading everyone by answering about studying Islamic people behaviour while it was neither your question nor his arguments. You're basically answering another question than the thread you started is about while considering another answer than the one he stated, congrats that's a combo strawman.

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/the-texas-sharpshooter
https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/anecdotal
Congrats another combo.
You're both trying to answer while making an monstrous generalization saying that you observe the behavior of Islamics which is false, you observe the anecdotic events given out by the media. Not like you took into account the behaviour of all Islamics did you?

Oh and I won't even talk about you chose to ignore 80% of his post of course xD

PARADICE.io

youdamushi

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 08:57:58 PM

Religions in general are ridiculous in the modern world.  

This particular religion with its Sharia Law has not changed since the 6th century. I don't mind when people believe in some fairy Allah type of character.  I have a problem when they say that stoning women is ok because they don't like you.   Throwing gays off the building tops or burning people alive because they disagree with you etc.  Such 'legal punishments' have no place in the 21st century, and I
don't care that the character from their holy book came up with it (that is a batshit crazy idea in itself).

Christians don't burn people alive anymore, so Muslims can do the same.  Stop the insanity.

Remove the fucking Sharia Law from this ideology.  
Make your Allah more like a 21st century political activist, not a 6th century goat herder.

Christians NO LONGER burn people alive?
Christians did much worse than what some Muslims are doing currently. But Islam is a religion 600 years younger than Catholicism.
Wanna know what we were doing 600 years ago?
That's right. Spanish inquisition.
So don't act like they're more barbaric than we have ever been k?

PARADICE.io

youdamushi

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 08:59:48 PM

Fooled? Are you suggesting all these bombings, shootings and lorry rampages have been fabricated by the media?

You talking about how we are currently and for the last 20 years if not more, bombing shooting and destroying entire Muslim nations around the world but the media don't say a word about it?

And you wonder why they're coming to kill some of us?

Are you even aware that we killed more Muslims in just the last month of Syrian war than they did with all terrorist attacks on Western World in the last 5 years?

PARADICE.io

markj113
Legendary

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 09:04:10 PM

Christians did much worse than what some Muslims are doing currently. But Islam is a religion 600 years younger than Catholicism.

The bulk of the human race has kind of moved on and advanced over the last 600 years,  just waiting on one religous group to catch up to the rest of us.

Seems like you are justiftying current attrocities by pointing out events from hundreds of years ago.
youdamushi

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 09:25:14 PM

The bulk of the human race has kind of moved on and advanced over the last 600 years,  just waiting on one religous group to catch up to the rest of us.

Seems like you are justiftying current attrocities by pointing out events from hundreds of years ago.

Or maybe I'm the only one trying to answer the thread question?

The question is about Islam RELIGION being a religion of hate and violence. All I'm saying is that Islam isn't mature enough compared to a religion which is 600 years older! If you want to talk about Muslims then that's a DIFFERENT subject! Islam and Muslims are not the same thing, so don't try to make me say what I didn't say.

And I would add that human race evolved yeah, but some parts of the world were a bit too busy with our armies bombing the shit out of them last decades, so they no longer have any kind of education because they no longer have the buildings to teach anything... And humans without education are not far from the middle age people.

PARADICE.io

Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 09:27:00 PM

You talking about how we are currently and for the last 20 years if not more, bombing shooting and destroying entire Muslim nations around the world but the media don't say a word about it?
The news only reports news that is newsworthy. One set of rare events gets more coverage than another that is more common.
For example, bad weather, which happens relatively rarely, always gets disproportionate coverage compared with good weather coverage.

I'm not saying it right, I'm just saying that's the way it works.

youdamushi

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 09:30:21 PM

The news only reports news that is newsworthy. One set of rare events gets more coverage than another that is more common.
For example, bad weather, which happens relatively rarely, always gets disproportionate coverage compared with good weather coverage.

I'm not saying it right, I'm just saying that's the way it works.

Of course. But that means you should keep in mind when talking about how "they make bombings and shootings" and else, that we're doing far worse to them and we've been doing this for freaking decades.
So let's not all start acting like little virgins who get unfairly attacked while they were completely innocent.
We attacked first. We destroyed entire nations without reason. We killed dozens of thousands of civilians.
How do you want them to deal with us in any way but with hate, violence and revenge of desire?

PARADICE.io

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: