Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:44:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: FEATHER COIN TRADING EVENTUAL LAUNCH OF AN EXCHANGE.  (Read 1541 times)
autodidactic (OP)

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 04:36:41 PM
Last edit: April 23, 2013, 04:56:29 PM by autodidactic

To Admins:
Hello! I hope to become a trusted and reliable seller. I would like to keep this thread ongoing after I
surpass this current newbie stage. I hope you would transfer it to general talk as I change from newbie to *insert
here*
P:S: I'm willing to provide any evidence to verify my charity (with select admins) and make it more trusted, but I do not want to draw too much attention from public officials until we become too big to stop.

READERS PLEASE NOTE: I'm currently running a fever while I'm writing this out. Please point out needed corrections in grammar and whatnot. Also bare with me. I'm only human. Also note that I will be posting my charity's budget and some assets in the future as well as receipts for all purchases made for the Charity.

My current trade offer: 10 Litecoins for/per 1,000 Feathercoins or 40USD for/per 1,000 Feathercoins.

SKIP AHEAD! ONLY READ THIS SEGMENT FOR MORE INFORMATION

About Me (I hope it's mildly interesting)
I'm a young Software Engineer. My parents are my only immediate family. I lost most of my extended family when
there was a violent regime change prior to my parent's immigration to the states. I lost the remaining members of
my family when I left Catholicism. I grew up in a depressed coal region in east coast USA. As a child I was very
isolated being the only minority in my small town of 1,000 +/- people. I was popular with the ladies  being that
"stranger" (aka the only guy with black hair and slightly darker skin), and as a result got the tar beaten out of
me by the (tall/strong Lithuanian/Russo stock) males. I got the tar beaten out of me daily till I eventually
enrolled in wrestling and learned to fight back. When the odds were too great, I learned how to talk my way out of
situations. I was fine for a while I made friends and became slightly popular even. Till one day I got too cocky
and actually instigated a fight (pride is a harsh thing). The beating was so severe (damn Germans haha) my parents
became concerned and sent me to live with my Uncle for a while in Europe. From that moment when I went to exchange
money from USD into pre-euro currency I was captivated by an interest in economics and I have been studying it on
my own ever since. Upon my return to the states and my re-enrollment into the public school system I caught up with
my studies and focused on passing my SATs. Oops I forgot to mention prior to the fights/traveling to Europe etc.. I
had a period of isolation and some neighbors in my community took compassion on me (it was a small town and...
people talked a lot..) and helped fuel my interest in engineering (buying me soldering material, hardware
components, chips even) I began repairing laptops/desktops and selling them on Ebay at a profit. This helped pay
for my first several years of college. Being that this was a depressed community and small so I came about to the
knowledge of who couldn't afford laptops/desktops and in turn would repair their computers for free or for payment
whenever they could afford it. The ironic part is that most of these folks couldn't afford enough food to feed
their family, but would be have new powerful computers that was bought by taxpayers and distributed through the
schools because of Federal programs (ridiculous). ANYWAYS, as I did this my family pillars in my community. I
turned my enemies into friends and my small town has become very close knitted and accepting. When I was away at
college they would shovel my parents out when there was a heavy winter. My mom accidentally told her friend that I
was behind in college payments and that I had used up a majority of my savings. The very next day there was $5,000
in a manila envelope in my mailbox. When my car broke down people stopped to help etc..
There is so much more to my story, but I feel this is enough for you folks to understand where I'm coming from, and
hopefully small insight into the legitimate need for this project.

Environmental variables that are favorable to this project:

- I have the ability of purchasing T3 internet for $80 a month. I fortunately
live right in front of an internet provider. This gives me the opportunity to support
a small webhost farm.
- Low energy costs due to the opening of a local Power-Plant.

Backstory:
There is a huge need in my community. My entire town/surrounding area is so depressed one of my friends visiting
from college a while back made the statement "I didn't know Hurricane Sandy hit you guys this hard". I
embarrassingly had to reply "It didn't hit us at all.". We have one of the highest percentages of teen suicide in the entire country, we also have one of the top highest percentages of alcoholic abuse (both) teen/adult. Social services has failed us horribly there are children living in the basements of non-relation adults because the shelters do not exist for them to go to. The highschool dropout rate is so bad and thanks to "No child left behind policies" implemented by Bush our school gets less funding because of it. Our governor refuses to assist our county financially (probably because the state is bankrupt). The roads are in dire disrepair, recently I had found out that a local business actually passed up an opportunity to build his business in my town because he was fearful that his trucks traveling up and down our MAIN ROAD would damage his trucks.

I could go on and on but i'll jump to the good part!

END SKIP!

My parents made the first step in creating our charity. Against my (somewhat misguided) protests my parents started inviting the neighborhood children for lunch on weekends. It turned into 40-50 kids and sometimes even their parents showing up every weekend for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. It has progressed into providing second hand clothes to children. Tutoring services (Mathematics provided by yours truly) under the guidance of my mother who holds a teaching degree. We were expecting extreme protests from the public school system who gave us grief over my somewhat sporadic schooling in the past (moving to Europe in 8th grade) actually to their credit quite the opposite has occurred they welcomed us with open arms even sending us updated reports of what home-works were due for what grades etc.. We've been instilling moral code in these children, and little by little the atmosphere in our town has changed for the better.
We now have a semi-full time after-school program where kids come do their homework, eat out of my mother's giant cauldron of stew, sit around watching educational films on my Netflix account.  

Why I'm in the cryptocurrency trade
I have a small developing job at a (not local) developing firm. My income is helping fund our project, but I'm hoping to supplement this project financially with Bitcoin/Litcoin/Feathercoin trading. Between a friend of mine and myself, we've set up two scaled up mining rigs.
As we get more money, more rigs you get the idea.

How trading with me will fund my Charity
All trading rates I post will ensure profitability for my Crypto-based Charity.
I also love the flexibility of how these unique addresses will provide a basis for an argument of good ideas.
Consider this this format to help you pick how you trade with me where the money will be spent:

<EXAMPLE>
Project Solar Array
Idea: To build a Solar Array to help minimize energy expenses in our building.
Trade offer:  1 Bitcoin for 50 LTC
Donation/Trade-address: 1L1Z5SToSMpMqG1yoFrQ4CPESGqN9NuJDv
^ where the address pertains to that particular project. Any trades that involve go towards support of this particular project.

<EXAMPLE 2>
More Television Units
Idea: More television units + roku devices for educational movies for the children.
Trade offer:  1 Bitcoin for 50 LTC
Donation/Trade-address: 1CSdRLYeiToptPzdTRbttdMVSzLsCj9nze
^ where the address pertains to that particular project. Any trades that involve go towards support of this particular project.

How ensuring that my charity in a success will indirectly help the cryptocurrency community :
I have a lot of faith in the intellectual powerhouse that drives this highly innovative idea. As my charity grows
It will grow the support for the crypto-currency. I hope the differences we make in my town, will usher in a new era.
One of acceptance and technological progress. I hope our success will be repugnant to the ignorant words of those who told us we couldn't; because we did.

Also as a Software Engineer, I want to create an exchange site that rivals that of MT. GOX with Feathercoin as its featured cryptocurrency. Funding for that will be it's own separate trade(s)/donation(s).

Donations

Bitcoin

General Fund (used mostly for improving mining rigs)
1N7SQAQXzo3beSA3Ryi1xBqtWQabGTUpx6

Solar Array project / Energy saving
1L1Z5SToSMpMqG1yoFrQ4CPESGqN9NuJDv

New building fund
1Kf97wfmJjMdzDE1fNb7LhcESMBP1nw6kJ

THIS POST TO BE UPDATED/EDITED FURTHER

LZKRTwu1jUM8MphtJox54hHmXH4SiNTron

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 04:39:18 PM

Do you have a tl;dr of this sob story?
autodidactic (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 04:47:47 PM

I'm eventually developing an exchange for Feathercoin. Trading with me will assist me in this process, assist people in my community, and will help Feathercoin in the long run.

Sorry, i'm not really a writer, and i'm under the influence of heavy meds.

autodidactic (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 04:49:51 PM

I'm not asking for donations, although that remains an option.  I'm offering a straightforward trading options for people who want to exchange Bitcoins & Litecoins for Feathercoins.

fruni

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 08:07:18 AM

Judging by how much you wrote looks like some of that Desoxyn.
Majormax
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2013, 09:06:20 AM

Interesting...

I am working on AltC Exchange projects, as well as buying some currencies at present.

Pls PM me if you can offer FC.
autodidactic (OP)

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 09:21:03 PM

Judging by how much you wrote looks like some of that Desoxyn.

Steroids + Antibiotics haha.

One of the kids drank out of my soda by accident.

zappa137

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 09:38:17 PM

interesting...thanks for the info.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: