Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:01:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Dismal Level of Discourse  (Read 5375 times)
Viceroy

Activity: 924
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 05:05:56 PM
Last edit: April 25, 2013, 05:31:23 PM by Viceroy

The problem is that noobs are just so damn annoying.  

This was my 666th post, which I promptly erased after assuring Theymos I would stop acting like a child.   Maybe the devil made me do it?

I can think of three nice features that might improve the level of discourse:

1) integrate google or similar search function. perhaps people won't need to start so many threads if they can find the thread they are looking for.

2) integrate voting.  People often have the same question or same opinion about something.  If in a thread a person could vote for anothers post it would minimize trash like ("this!" or "^^^^" or "i agree with that").. just click an up or down arrow.  Then popular positions could move to the top of a thread and you would eliminate repetitions of the same mind numbing "i agree" sentiment.

3) allow hot heads to opt out of threads they've posted in.  It is infuriating to see people posting nonsense and from time to time my ego forces me to want to tell them off.  By putting in my face the very same threads each time I log in (America is a Police State) you force me to want to reach into the thread and smack down the ______'s.

I REALLY appreciate and HIGHLY ADVOCATE use of the self moderated thread function.  In the next version of that I'd love to see the deleted thread posters get a specific message surrounding the reason their post was removed.  Not sure if editing can be improved for the non-html savvy...  

Thanks again, Theymos.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2013, 05:12:34 PM

1) integrate google or similar search function. perhaps people won't need to start so many threads if they can find the thread they are looking for.
Google has a site: operand. Use it. Love it.

2) integrate voting.  People often have the same question or same opinion about something.  If in a thread a person could vote for anothers post it would minimize trash like ("this!" or "^^^^" or "i agree with that").. just click an up or down arrow.  Then popular positions could move to the top of a thread and you would eliminate repetitions of the same mind numbing "i agree" sentiment.
This is slated for the new forum software, but god only knows when that will come in. In the meantime, too much overhead.

3) allow hot heads to opt out of threads they've posted in.  It is infuriating to see people posting nonsense and from time to time my ego forces me to want to tell them off.  By putting in my face the very same threads each time I log in (America is a Police State) you force me to want to reach into the thread and smack down the ______'s.
Use of the watchlist and unwatch link is advised for these sorts of situations.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
tysat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 05:40:31 PM

On re-examination (check the timestamps) it is clear that trolls exist in these forums and their useless contributions drive the intelligent conversation to an absolute standstill.  I fear the only solution is travel to a forum that is subscription based.  I guess I'm probably next on that journey.  Don't be surprised to soon hear me say:
"So long, fellas, it's been good to know you...."

Report the troll posts you see rather than bitching about them.  If they merit action, then something will be done.  We (mods) can't clean up the forums all by ourselves, posts need to be reported for us to see as well.
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2013, 05:47:39 PM

Why should I report the troll and waste the admins time?   What is the point?  

edit.
Oh, you don't see that myrkul is my troll.  my stalker.
I've been watching this thread for some time. One could argue that you're stalking me. I gave you valid suggestions, which are essentially what Theymos would have told you. If you don't like them, you don't have to take them.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
Viceroy

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 01:27:49 PM
Last edit: June 27, 2013, 03:59:13 PM by Viceroy

On re-examination (check the timestamps) it is clear that trolls exist in these forums and their useless contributions drive the intelligent conversation to an absolute standstill.  I fear the only solution is travel to a forum that is subscription based.  I guess I'm probably next on that journey.  Don't be surprised to soon hear me say:

Report the troll posts you see rather than bitching about them.  If they merit action, then something will be done.  We (mods) can't clean up the forums all by ourselves, posts need to be reported for us to see as well.

You mods don't do shit.  I have been reporting oldsport as a scammer for almost two months and he still runs around the currency trading forums stealing peoples money.  Don't give lame excuses like you are too busy, you are too lazy is what you meant to write.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=244413.0

He completely erased my post leading to five seperate threads where people call oldsport a scammer.  All of the threads are unresolved and the scammer is still scamming.  The scammer is sending offensive emails to me in pm.  The scammer is attacking my reputation in the threads.  The mods do nothing.  It's been almost sixty days since the first post about the known scammer's actions but nothing has been done.  In the time since the first crime oldsport has stolen from at least a half dozen people and the mods sit around doing nothing.

I'll tell you what I'm going to do.  I'm going to demonstrate to all you mods how a forum should be run.  I'm going to replace this entire forum with a better one of my own making and I'm going to pull all the traffic off this forum to my own.  I'm sure theymos will ban me for this post but I don't give a shit anymore... just like theymos.

I care about the community and for this reason I'm going to duplicate this forum and provide a place where people can discuss bitcoin with a better and more professional set of moderators and admins.  

Mark my words, one year from today this forum will be only a shadow of what it is today.  Better spend that $600k now to improve and advertise this forum because YHBW.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=224769.0

There are more threads than those but I can't find them now because Maged thought it would be a good idea to remove my post from the forum completely.  For the record Maged is the worst mod I've ever come across, fucking moron.

edit

Help me build a better forum here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=244678.0
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 02:35:10 PM

On re-examination (check the timestamps) it is clear that trolls exist in these forums and their useless contributions drive the intelligent conversation to an absolute standstill.  I fear the only solution is travel to a forum that is subscription based.  I guess I'm probably next on that journey.  Don't be surprised to soon hear me say:

Report the troll posts you see rather than bitching about them.  If they merit action, then something will be done.  We (mods) can't clean up the forums all by ourselves, posts need to be reported for us to see as well.

You mods don't do shit.  I have been reporting oldsport as a scammer for almost two months and he still runs around the currency trading forums stealing peoples money.  Don't give lame excuses like you are too busy, you are too lazy is what you meant to write.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=244413.0

He completely erased my post leading to five seperate threads where people call oldsport a scammer.  All of the threads are unresolved and the scammer is still scamming.  The scammer is sending offensive emails to me in pm.  The scammer is attacking my reputation in the threads.  The mods do nothing.  It's been almost sixty days since the first post about the known scammer's actions but nothing has been done.  In the time since the first crime oldsport has stolen from at least a half dozen people and the mods sit around doing nothing.

I'll tell you what I'm going to do.  I'm going to demonstrate to all you mods how a forum should be run.  I'm going to replace this entire forum with a better one of my own making and I'm going to pull all the traffic off this forum to my own.  I'm sure theymos will ban me for this post but I don't give a shit anymore... just like theymos.

I care about the community and for this reason I'm going to duplicate this forum and provide a place where people can discuss bitcoin with a better and more professional set of moderators and admins. 

Mark my words, one year from today this forum will be only a shadow of what it is today.  Better spend that $600k now to improve and advertise this forum because YHBW.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=224769.0

There are more threads than those but I can't find them now because Maged thought it would be a good idea to remove my post from the forum completely.  For the record Maged is the worst mod I've ever come across, fucking moron.

Marking your words

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
Viceroy

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 03:11:33 PM

Until I get banned for poking the bear I have already begun.  Come join me.

crumbs

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 03:22:13 PM
Last edit: June 27, 2013, 09:30:02 PM by crumbs

[...]You mods don't do shit.[...]Mark my words, one year from today this forum will be only a shadow of what it is today. [...] For the record Maged is the worst mod I've ever come across, fucking moron.

@Viceroy:  "Thee who maketh dah Mighty thine enemy resideth at The House of Fail." --The Teachings Of Crumbs, Red letter edition.
Viceroy

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 03:25:15 PM

Oh please, I'm sooo scared of the mighted maged LOL.  

I'll just make a sock puppet like you did crumcake, your main was banned and you are still here.  So I guess you live in the house of fail, huh?

crumbs

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 03:29:09 PM

Until I get banned for poking the bear I have already begun.  Come join me.

You won't be banned for deviant sexuality AFAIK.

Viceroy

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 03:30:43 PM

removed from my new post and placed here instead, where it belongs:

"Inaba will never get banned because he pays Theymos $2500 per week to advertise here but I do not and I will probably be banished for even posting this thread.  Let's see if Theymos can stand a little heat, I'm betting he does not have the balls to let this stand". - Viceroy

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: