Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:59:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Recovery??  (Read 2151 times)
massivebitman (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2013, 05:14:24 PM

I've bought my coins back... I couldn't help.

The price seems to have stabilised, and there's good support now behind it.

It's time to hold again.

There's so much attention on bitcoin. everyone holding their breath, or glued to the screen like me.

Now that Gox isn't dying, and people are less afraid of gox dying. I think this is the beginning of a steady recovery!

Nothing has changed from a few days ago!! The coin is even more cool cause everyone is watching to see what happens and hoping to pickup a bargain.

Even a DDOS isn't going to shake confidence anymore. We've seen it happen a lot. The money is still there.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
yokosan

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 05:15:44 PM

Good luck with that. I will bump this thread in less than 24 hours to ask how you feel about your decision at that point.
superduh

Activity: 602

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 05:16:44 PM

mt gox is ddosed to oblivion again.

ok
teek

Activity: 667

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 05:17:25 PM

Good luck with that. I will bump this thread in less than 24 hours to ask how you feel about your decision at that point.

24 hours is likely too short a time period,  check back in 7 days OP will be feeling fine
vnon

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 05:18:36 PM

It's time to hold again.

There's so much attention on bitcoin. everyone holding their breath, or glued to the screen like me.

Now that Gox isn't dying, and people are less afraid of gox dying. I think this is the beginning of a steady recovery!

Nothing has changed from a few days ago!! The coin is even more cool cause everyone is watching to see what happens and hoping to pickup a bargain.

Even a DDOS isn't going to shake confidence anymore. We've seen it happen a lot. The money is still there.

Gox isn't dying? Are you eyes open? In fact the moment I typed this, it has seemingly crashed again.
mrbitbank

Activity: 48

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 05:28:44 PM

The only reason I think the sell off had slowed is because gox delayed crediting bitcoins being pulled out of cold storage. It took gox 10 hrs to credit my private wallet keys onto my gox a/c (just showing up now) which I redeemed via gox even that there was 6 cfms within 90 mins of each key being redeemed. By slowing the supply of coins coming onto the market through their exchange, they actually manipulated it. no loss to them as they stopped charging fees for 48 hrs anyway
massivebitman (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2013, 05:28:50 PM

Who cares... It's teething issues with the big load, and they're fixing the problem.

I'm used to this now, and so is everyone else who has been trading.

This is a critical period for them. If they don't fix the issue other exchanges will crop up, and they know it.

They even answered my support questions in hours.

I'm confident in a recovery, and my money where my mouth is. A few days will pass and we'll see the price slowly climb again.

They can defend against the DDOS issues. If it continues eventually the people responsible will be tracked down and put in jail.

I know a lot of people out there are pessimistic.. that's fine, but for me it seems the best time to buy.

arepo

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

this statement is false

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 05:32:09 PM

If it continues eventually the people responsible will be tracked down and put in jail.

call the cyberpolice! they dun goofd.

this sentence has fifteen words, seventy-four letters, four commas, one hyphen, and a period.
18N9md2G1oA89kdBuiyJFrtJShuL5iDWDz
massivebitman (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2013, 05:32:27 PM

It's time to hold again.

Gox isn't dying? Are you eyes open? In fact the moment I typed this, it has seemingly crashed again.

Yes Gox has crashed. So what.

Gox has been crashing a lot lately, and the price has stabalized.

We know they are fixing the issue, and aren't afraid, and there's many people ready to snap up cheap coins.

The question is how cheap?
Well I think anyone who isn't buying now is missing out. These are the cheap coins you are looking for

BitcoinAshley

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 05:38:35 PM

It's funny because the people complaining about GOX manipulating the market by slowing new coin deposits are the people who are stupid enough to still be using GOX after all this mess

Grin Grin Grin

You people are just so funny!   Roll Eyes
deadweasel

Activity: 364

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 05:40:11 PM

It's funny because the people complaining about GOX manipulating the market by slowing new coin deposits are the people who are stupid enough to still be using GOX after all this mess

Grin Grin Grin

You people are just so funny!   Roll Eyes

+1

massivebitman (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2013, 05:40:31 PM

If it continues eventually the people responsible will be tracked down and put in jail.

The hackers might think it's harmless, but there are serious penalties for what they are doing.

They may think they're smart enough to get away with it, but it's 2013, there's millions involved and it's a serious crime.

They're going to get caught.

ruski

Activity: 350

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 05:45:36 PM

The hackers might think it's harmless, but there are serious penalties for what they are doing.

They may think they're smart enough to get away with it, but it's 2013, there's millions involved and it's a serious crime.

arepo

this statement is false

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 05:46:38 PM

i really don't think you know what you're talking about...

this sentence has fifteen words, seventy-four letters, four commas, one hyphen, and a period.
18N9md2G1oA89kdBuiyJFrtJShuL5iDWDz
Luckybit

Activity: 714
Merit: 510

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 05:49:11 PM

It's time to hold again.

This is a buying opportunity for the prudent long term investor (think in years not weeks). At this prices Bitcoins are a steal because they are worth twice to three times as much. Most of the panic was the result of high frequency trading bots, DDOS, and price manipulation by hackers. The current price of Bitcoin is unknown but I don't think the value has significantly changed just because a few hackers messed with mtGox.

They are trying to kill Bitcoin. If you have money in Bitcoin you should be in the thread sharing your ideas on how to decentralize the exchanges and make Bitcoin more scaleable. If we want 20-30 million people on Bitcoin next year and all the big money then you gotta figure out how to build the infrastructure. mtGox needs an alternative. or several.
yokosan

Activity: 700

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 05:49:51 PM

This is fucking gox we are talking about, nothing is going to happen. They don't have the physical or mental capacity.

I know this is the truth because they pretty much said it themselves on reddit...

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1c7ahh/we_are_mt_gox_ama/c9dqrps
Luckybit

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 05:51:20 PM

Who cares... It's teething issues with the big load, and they're fixing the problem.

I'm used to this now, and so is everyone else who has been trading.

This is a critical period for them. If they don't fix the issue other exchanges will crop up, and they know it.

They even answered my support questions in hours.

I'm confident in a recovery, and my money where my mouth is. A few days will pass and we'll see the price slowly climb again.

They can defend against the DDOS issues. If it continues eventually the people responsible will be tracked down and put in jail.

I know a lot of people out there are pessimistic.. that's fine, but for me it seems the best time to buy.

I agree with you. These sorts of hacks and techniques are routine in the stock market. The flash crash, look that up.

High frequency trading is a major problem.
Luckybit

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 05:52:52 PM

It's not that easy to catch them. It's easier probably to just make it so they can't use the same tactics anymore. This is an arms race now.
BitSlut69

Activity: 51

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 06:05:41 PM

Looks to me like the bottom has been hit and we're seeing a lot of support at $70 - $80. It won't go below $50 and it will be back near $100 next week. Check back in a week, a day, whatever you like. I'm willing to bet 3 internet points.
massivebitman (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2013, 06:11:44 PM

It's not that easy to catch them. It's easier probably to just make it so they can't use the same tactics anymore. This is an arms race now.

Not easy short term, but long term ongoing attacks could be traced.

You're right it is an arms race, but I think bitcoin community has them out gunned.

It costs money to run a DDOS attack.

If Gox can defend, and other exchanges start sharing the volume, it'll be hard to manipulate the market.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: