Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:20:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to find out a legit ICO?  (Read 22455 times)
SuperP

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 09:48:09 AM

You have to pay attention on team of company, than on what people say about this ico project and listing  Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mathiaslivis

Activity: 139
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 05:29:52 PM

In most countries, ICO has not yet been legalized. Every country's government has a relatively vague policy on ICO, and some countries are more exclusive, mainly because many of the ICO projects are too false to cheat money. Now, Japan and Russia are studying related policies to make ICO more standardized, which is good news for ICO. Of course, the government is doing this in order to make its economic order more secure and avoid many financial problems.
Denlv

Activity: 350
Merit: 39

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 05:31:00 PM

Hello!First do self investigation about project what u want to invest strong recomendate to look on team - Names,surnames,street adress where is projects base office registered and compare with google maps,advisers,roadmap,whitepaper and contracts what they have on time when they start ico!If u do this things correct then u have less% to get scamed!Good luck all!

ankurguta87

Activity: 364
Merit: 117

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 06:49:40 PM

I look at the project viability.

Does it make sense for this project to achieve its goals?

Real team behind the project.

Never judge an ICO through ICO rating website. As these rating can be sponsored. I have seen few cases where top rating sites gave a rating of 5/5 and later they removed it from their website. There are chances that they have their share in ICO rating.

So the question comes how to choose best ICO?

If you have an ICO say XYZ then types in google "XYZ bounty" you will find a bitcointalk thread with ICO marketing details. Almost every ICO shares their contribution as bounty to get more contributors.

I have seen projects like TEZOS or RAIDEN NETWORK or ATONOMI or ENIGMA. These ICOs never offered any bounty or marketing advertisements still they reached hardcap.

There are many points like a team, whitepaper blablabla... already discussed in this thread. I always prefer to check the reputation of company and absence of bounty other than the concept, team, etc.

gusevli

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 06:58:39 PM

Suppose if there are a number of ICOs started for different coins by anonymous developers then how can we find that which one the legit ICO and which one is scam ICO?

You should do research about the people who are behind the ICO. Also, check out their social media pages and see if they are getting interaction from others or not.
Crypto-capitalist

Activity: 224

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 05:08:04 AM

Buy ICO coins.. if you profit then it's legit otherwise it's a scam.
It has nothing to do with how they work so don't pay any attention to that FUD.
Really good tips)
Crypto-capitalist

Activity: 224

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 05:09:33 AM

Suppose if there are a number of ICOs started for different coins by anonymous developers then how can we find that which one the legit ICO and which one is scam ICO?

You should do research about the people who are behind the ICO. Also, check out their social media pages and see if they are getting interaction from others or not.
This is the minimum. Look for on forum - you can find a lot tips for checking ICO.
Raffy11

Activity: 102
Merit: 14

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 02:54:06 PM

In my own opinion there is no specific way how to determine if the ico you like is legit or not scam because we will only know it if the ico is already finished but i have my own way of  determining if i can trust the ico first is I'm  looking who is the bounty manager of that specific ico and i will search some information about that ico.

◥Telegram ◥Twitter     ❖◆❖◆❖    DOMINANT CHAIN   ◆❖◆❖◆    ◥Facebook ◥Reddit
◥Ann Thread         Crypto-empowered eSports Tournament Platform          ◥Whitepaper
bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 08:02:12 PM

I think you can find the white paper, team and the roadmap. 

Even if you read Whitepaper thoroughly, and find it is really great, it will not guarantee you that the ICO is the project that will give you the greatest profit. I would rather pay more attention to the team.
carlowell

Activity: 168

Presale Starting May 1st

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2018, 08:29:04 PM

finding out legitimate ICOs and Crypto project this year is very difficult due to scammers can even make good websites and make everything that are too good to be true.
I am a bounty hunter so I do have more experiences on joining scam and bogus ICOs and bounty campaigns and none of us noticed that ICO were actually scam unless the ICO is about to end.
scammers bagged the investors' money and ran away and that's the time we only know that the ICO are scam and it's kinda too late.

carlowell

Activity: 168

Presale Starting May 1st

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2018, 08:31:38 PM

In my own opinion there is no specific way how to determine if the ico you like is legit or not scam because we will only know it if the ico is already finished but i have my own way of  determining if i can trust the ico first is I'm  looking who is the bounty manager of that specific ico and i will search some information about that ico.

There are too many factors on how to check whether that ICO is legitimate of scam but for me, I can spot them just buying on their Telegram Channels because I do believe that good ICOs have a very strong social communities like Telegram, facebook, Twitter etc.
check the number of social participants like Telegram, they should have more than a thousand active members and admins are available at anytime of the day because good ICOs do have social managers and moderators.
otherwise, that ICO has a higher chance of being a scam or bogus.

LEINADbtc

Activity: 240

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 08:32:57 PM

Don't trust anonymous ICOs. If you don't know who runs it, just stay away man.
Tons of people were scammed that way.

They will invest and after a few weeks or months, nobody knows anything about that ICO.
Some will even close their website lol. Talking about some experience. I learned the hard way.

——< Datecoin | The fastest successful match. The hottest ICO ever. >——
ANN | Medium | Twitter Facebook | LinkdedIn | Telegram
Bhosted

Activity: 328
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 08:44:03 PM

I used to invest quite a lot in ICO, but recently because of the scam and many projects that can not be realized so I stopped investing in ICO, and I started trading.
shfdj

Activity: 101

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 07:46:48 AM

Learn about their white papers on the specific elaboration of their projects, and whether the project's technical staff and projects have a good application prospects. If you want to get a solid income, you must take certain risks, but you can greatly reduce this risk by investigating and researching yourself.
dnxfgjhk

Activity: 91

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 07:53:35 AM

The definition of ico varies from country to country. Of course, choosing a legal ico is to know from many aspects, for example, you can be directly in the official.
dreadfullICO

Activity: 197

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 08:01:00 AM

Visit www.icoguide.com  - it is recently launched platform, I like it very much, it is easy to compare several ICOs, besides they have good ratings.
Tonygold1967

Activity: 308
Merit: 5

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 08:05:38 AM

Visit www.icoguide.com  - it is recently launched platform, I like it very much, it is easy to compare several ICOs, besides they have good ratings.

Very good web-page, hope to see there more ICO in the future. They are beginners, but have really good start.
maman09

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 08:17:16 AM

lol I think you have a lot of experience and insight on this discussion issue. of course with the rank you have has made you very familiar in the crypto industry.
Unfortunately you look like a person who does not understand at all, I do not know what you have done so far in this forum.
dolcefarniente

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 08:17:50 AM

If an anonymous team is behind the project and there is no way to get full information from open sources to analyze all the details of the project well, then I will not invest.
pokemoso

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 08:18:40 AM

Only invest what you are willing to lose. Dont put your money all in one basket. Proper financial planning is important in every investment we make. Try looking in in SafeCrypt.io. A high security exchange that has high standards of quality and every piece of software is being tested multiple times before they make it publicly available.
I spent some time to study SafeCrypt ICO. I think this ICO could become one of the best this spring, because of several reason:
 1. This is cryptoexchange. And this cryproexchange has some advantages compare to existing ones: instant transactions, lowest fees, absolute anonimity, large select of crypto assts and others.
 2. They lead very good ICO policy.
 3. THey have Adequate and reasnable bonus rates.
read more here https://safecrypt.io/r566
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: