Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:23:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is mining and how do you do it?  (Read 1315 times)
cryptoanalyzer (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 04:13:40 PM

Just for info, can you elaborate on the topic?

Can any one Mine? Or it is done only by pros?

Does it require a certain computer system

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Shendelzare_Silkwood-

Activity: 360
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 08:57:23 PM

Boards : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=14.0

yes anyone can mine the bitcoin ,

using script ( software )for runing the machine ( hardware ).

so you need :
• Software
• Hardware  . information ( https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=76.0 )  markets for buying the hardware ( https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=75.0 )

CMIIW

cryptoanalyzer (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 09:19:02 PM

Boards : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=14.0

yes anyone can mine the bitcoin ,

using script ( software )for runing the machine ( hardware ).

so you need :
• Software
• Hardware  . information ( https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=76.0 )  markets for buying the hardware ( https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=75.0 )

CMIIW

Thanks 4 the tip
the.jack20

Activity: 121

View Profile
January 14, 2017, 02:46:54 PM

I do not recommend starting without enough knowledge about mining. I really recommend starting this job by calculating the profit and loss analysis well.

The videos here for the start will help. I recommend you look.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLeqzt2jwOkYkPtE6roWdwFq5iCgeFxBqE
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
January 14, 2017, 04:20:40 PM

Easiest for you is watch rise nad rise of bitcoin documentary movie, you will see exactly how to mine on amateur level.
You won't earn money tho, its only for pros now how u described it.
cpfreeplz
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1042

View Profile
January 14, 2017, 04:33:33 PM

If you want to mine with hardware you already own you should look into asics resistant altcoins.  If you have relatively cheap electricity (under 7 or 8 cents) you may be able to mine bitcoins with a small profit (after you pay for your hardware of course). I'd suggest doing a lot more of your own research to find out what would make the most for you.
AdolfinWolf
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1427

View Profile
January 14, 2017, 05:48:35 PM

If you want to mine with hardware you already own you should look into asics resistant altcoins.  If you have relatively cheap electricity (under 7 or 8 cents) you may be able to mine bitcoins with a small profit (after you pay for your hardware of course). I'd suggest doing a lot more of your own research to find out what would make the most for you.
You absolutely shouldn't mine with your hardware. Even with free electricity it is completely USELESS. your CPU will break in no-time and it will make you a couple cents, if you're lucky.

pacifista

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 15, 2017, 02:45:03 AM

Anyone can mine using thier computer,it doest need any skills or whatever. As long as you have computer you can mine directly on it. But i will tell you mining is not profitable so better not to do it.
ONCF

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 15, 2017, 02:58:15 AM

Since big companies are investing on it

Mining is any more  not profitable for individuals

you will lose your time
virusasog

Activity: 462

View Profile
January 15, 2017, 05:11:40 PM

Since big companies are investing on it

Mining is any more  not profitable for individuals

you will lose your time

Yeah right. If we do as individual. We have to pay for electricity. That is the most hardest part in bitcoin. If you wish to start you can invest on the solar mining and start as large scale. Small scale will not be profitable.
firebird2490

Activity: 120

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2017, 05:55:40 AM

There is no such thing as asic resistant. There was a time when I thought that altcoins could be asic resistant. This is what i got as a reply on bitcoin stackexchange.

As for mining bitcoins, the best way would be to get a special miner (hardware) and join a pool. Solo mining is not at all profitable.

st0nefish

Activity: 182

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 04:25:27 PM

First of all I would recommend reading the mining section of the forum. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=14.0
I would also recommend reading mining topics at the bitcoin wiki site. https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Mining
This site will also be useful. https://bitcoin.org/en/developer-guide#mining

Mining is not very profitable at the moment. If you're thinking about making a serious investment, you need to calculate your electricity costs. You can do hobby experiments with small devices. But you can not earn money.
Mastsetad

Activity: 672

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 04:43:45 PM

1: Can any one mine?
Ans: Yes, though there is no guarantee of profit for everyone.
2: Is it done by pros?
Ans: Sure it is, that is because they understand everything about it and it is really complicated for someone like me and you, so we better let them do that.
3: Does it require a certain computer system?
Ans: Yes again. You will need mining hardwares to mine bitcoin and some pool etc which i have no much knowledge about.
mundang

Activity: 1008

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 09:52:49 PM

Everyone can mine using thier laptop or pc's. Doesnt need any skills in mining on your laptop. It would be better if you assemble your own pc. Dont mine on your laptop you will only destroy it,and it will give you high electricity charges
wintermeasures

Activity: 322

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 04:25:43 AM

I Tried Cloud Mining 1 Year From Now and On that time I  Got Some Profit By Just Investing Money And I Don't Need to Maintain the Hardware to do Mining But Now a Days I Don't Suggest you Anyone to Do Mining Because Now a Days Mining is Not Profitable Because the Halving Passed Last Year Made the Mining Unprofitable.........
Jannn

Activity: 1120
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2017, 06:01:33 AM

I Tried Cloud Mining 1 Year From Now and On that time I  Got Some Profit By Just Investing Money And I Don't Need to Maintain the Hardware to do Mining But Now a Days I Don't Suggest you Anyone to Do Mining Because Now a Days Mining is Not Profitable Because the Halving Passed Last Year Made the Mining Unprofitable.........
Cloud mining is a good start to understand how Bitcoin mining works for beginners in Bitcoin mining.
Im think Bitcoin mining is still profitable but you need more funds to buy some asic miner.
vaibhavsingh

Activity: 308

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2017, 07:47:10 AM

not profitable at all, better way of making bitcoins can be to buying at cheaper price and selling at higher prices. even the bigger players face many difficulties in bitcoin mining.

btcdiggingmaster

Activity: 644

Transact Safer / Chase Better

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 11:11:26 AM

You absolutely shouldn't mine with your hardware. Even with free electricity it is completely USELESS. your CPU will break in no-time and it will make you a couple cents, if you're lucky.

Exactly, you will make few satoshi per day, you need to buy specialized hardware which will be used for only mining bitcoin. It will cost you lot of money and electricity consuming will also be very high, up to two are three you have to pay for electricity from your pocket. Right now bitcoin difficulty arises so you will get less amount of coin.But if you mine with your computer definitely it will damage your entire hardware.
Challenger2015

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 11:40:42 AM

I earn http://micromining.cloud?r=1NkPrD1P2hFBWRhTWpNT8X4iLYf9DCou6n here

without any skills. Just computer work and collect Satoshi. If the weak comp in the application you can disable one GPU and you will not even notice his work.
onlineportal

Activity: 258

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 01:49:16 PM

If You have a serious mining farm, then of course there are large pools, but if You want to make on your computer with 2 graphics cards, then services such as Micromining (min. payout 0.001 BTC) and Computta (min.payout 0.01 BTC) You will be very useful.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: