Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:24:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Localbitcoins - seller hasn't logged in for 4 days, what should I do?  (Read 1283 times)
zhinkk (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 03:11:27 PM

Maybe I'm being a little impatient, but I did a cash by mail order (basically putting money in an envelope and mailing to trader on localbitcoins) with a user named "FreshCoinz". I mailed cash on 7/15/2014. The seller said he would release funds as soon as he got my USD, and told me to close escrow because it increases his average escrow time. Normally, I would have denied this because that's just a silly risk to take.

However, the user "FreshCoinz" assured me that he was very reputable and risking everything over the $70 I mailed him was silly. I checked his profile, and he was right. He had over 100+ confirmed trade with 100% feedback score and trade volume of 25 to 150 BTC. That's pretty damn good. So I closed escrow and waited. And waiiited. So far, user hasn't been on for about 4 days. That's odd. All of his feed back stated he was very fast and all of his trades. So I doubt he's run off with my money (or has he...?). Is he just busy with real life things? I feel like he should sign in and update me at least, no?

Here is his profile: https://localbitcoins.com/accounts/profile/FreshCoinz/
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
paceta

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 03:23:22 PM

Did he proofed you that this is really his profile ?

Honestly sending money over postal way is really dump why you did not use westernunion ? it cost 1$
ruggedman_dan
Legendary

Activity: 1012
Merit: 1000

We on P. Sherman 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 03:28:54 PM

Honestly sending money over postal way is really dump why you did not use westernunion ? it cost 1$

Western Union costs $1? To where? Your next door neighbor?

zhinkk (OP)

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 03:37:05 PM

Yes, that his really his profile.
zhinkk (OP)

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 05:37:55 PM

Well I guess I should have waited one more day before posting this thread, the bitcoins arrived! Smiley
Harley997

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 04:10:01 AM

Well I guess I should have waited one more day before posting this thread, the bitcoins arrived! Smiley
I am glad that you were able to receive your bitcoin, however it sounds like you took a lot of risks by mailing cash. If you were to ignore the fact that the seller could have easily scammed you, a number of people could easily have stolen the cash from the envelope, or the "letter" could have easily gotten lost in the postal system.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
madken7777

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 04:50:57 AM

Western Union costs $1? To where? Your next door neighbor?

Like to know how to send cash with 1 dollar fee also.
Fioraver

Activity: 472

Gamblica Pre-Sale launch 01.03.2018!

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 05:27:13 AM

Does the seller did not even leave a contact? This really is not reliable

ruggedman_dan
Legendary

Activity: 1012
Merit: 1000

We on P. Sherman 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 12:00:12 AM

Still waiting on that promo code to send cash via WU for a buck.
TrailingComet

Activity: 462

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 03:04:47 AM

I think you have been had by a scamster
How reliable are the ratings on localbitcoin? Can be gamed I would wager

zhinkk (OP)

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 04:19:05 AM

I am glad that you were able to receive your bitcoin, however it sounds like you took a lot of risks by mailing cash. If you were to ignore the fact that the seller could have easily scammed you, a number of people could easily have stolen the cash from the envelope, or the "letter" could have easily gotten lost in the postal system.

Well I took a few precautions. First, I made sure the trader was very very trusted. Secondly, I made my envelope seem like any other letter. The cash was not visible from the outside. I don't think anybody has any reason to open a standard looking envelope. Thirdly, lost letters are not very common in USPS. My mom mails 600+ a month as part of a organization and has not had one lost letter. But true, those are all possible points of failure in my operation.
zhinkk (OP)

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 04:27:24 AM

I think you're scammed and he might never come on-line, how can you trust an unknown person, all the trust or reputation he said to have gained could have been him trading with alt accounts and increasing his rating just to do this. You didn't use escrow and you send money in mail, so you cannot claim anything, you basically gifted him that money and you're not getting any bitcoins or your money back.

Do you guys ever even read the posts? Or are you just posting to increase your signature campaign post count? He paid me. He logged on. All of his trust is VALID from REAL accounts (or else it would not be displayed under high volume trades. localbitcoins is not stupid).
cinder

Activity: 153

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 04:39:16 AM

I think you're scammed and he might never come on-line, how can you trust an unknown person, all the trust or reputation he said to have gained could have been him trading with alt accounts and increasing his rating just to do this. You didn't use escrow and you send money in mail, so you cannot claim anything, you basically gifted him that money and you're not getting any bitcoins or your money back.

Do you guys ever even read the posts? Or are you just posting to increase your signature campaign post count? He paid me. He logged on. All of his trust is VALID from REAL accounts (or else it would not be displayed under high volume trades. localbitcoins is not stupid).

They are posting for their signature ad without even bother to read your posts.
doggieTattoo

Activity: 209

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 04:55:50 AM

I think a lot of the PD members are just posting to increase their post count.

With that being said it is very possible for a LBC seller to pad their trust rating as there is no real way for LBC to verify that face to face transactions actually took place.

TIDEX ▬▬ .CRYPTO COINS AND ASSET TRADING. ▬▬ TIDEX
▬▬▰▰▬▬▰▰▰▬▬▰▰▰▬▬▰▰▰▬▬▰▰▬▬
NEW EXCHANGE   ZERO FEES
efreeti

Activity: 350
Merit: 104

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 04:58:49 AM

With that being said it is very possible for a LBC seller to pad their trust rating as there is no real way for LBC to verify that face to face transactions actually took place.

Not as easy and cheap as you would think. Only confirmed trades are counted, and if the trade is too small, it will show.
Brad_BCK

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 10:51:53 AM

Maybe I'm being a little impatient, but I did a cash by mail order (basically putting money in an envelope and mailing to trader on localbitcoins) with a user named "FreshCoinz". I mailed cash on 7/15/2014. The seller said he would release funds as soon as he got my USD, and told me to close escrow because it increases his average escrow time. Normally, I would have denied this because that's just a silly risk to take.

However, the user "FreshCoinz" assured me that he was very reputable and risking everything over the $70 I mailed him was silly. I checked his profile, and he was right. He had over 100+ confirmed trade with 100% feedback score and trade volume of 25 to 150 BTC. That's pretty damn good. So I closed escrow and waited. And waiiited. So far, user hasn't been on for about 4 days. That's odd. All of his feed back stated he was very fast and all of his trades. So I doubt he's run off with my money (or has he...?). Is he just busy with real life things? I feel like he should sign in and update me at least, no?

Here is his profile: https://localbitcoins.com/accounts/profile/FreshCoinz/
That's why I use exchanges only.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: