Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:40:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 259 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ▂▃▅▆▇⫷[ 🆉🅿🅾🅾🅻.🅲🅰 ]⫸⫷[!10 FLUX PA's!]⫸⫷[ the miners multipool ]⫸ ▇▆▅▃▂  (Read 279070 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Jaerin

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 12:49:45 AM

Seriously what is going on with the earnings?  I've been mining full out and for what appears to be over an hour my graph is completely flat

I'm using zpools multialgo method and it seems like it switched me a few times during that period between Lyra2v2, hmq1725, Equihash, Blake2s, and Bitcore.  Yet there looks to be almost no earnings gained from any of it.  Is there something we don't understand about how earnings are calculated or something?

Is it possible to get some way to get a quantifiable average earnings for the last X period or something besides the totally non-descript balance graph?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Storx

Activity: 322
Merit: 233

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 01:54:04 AM

Seriously what is going on with the earnings?  I've been mining full out and for what appears to be over an hour my graph is completely flat

I'm using zpools multialgo method and it seems like it switched me a few times during that period between Lyra2v2, hmq1725, Equihash, Blake2s, and Bitcore.  Yet there looks to be almost no earnings gained from any of it.  Is there something we don't understand about how earnings are calculated or something?

Is it possible to get some way to get a quantifiable average earnings for the last X period or something besides the totally non-descript balance graph?

mine has been completely flat also, but my total earnings has been increasing.. i think the reporting side of the server is having issues...

- GPUs Mining : 128 (Updated 3/7/18) // CPUs Mining : 19 (Updated 2/23/18)
minerx117

Activity: 728
Merit: 256

NemosMiner-v3.8.1.3

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 08:42:12 AM

Seriously what is going on with the earnings?  I've been mining full out and for what appears to be over an hour my graph is completely flat

I'm using zpools multialgo method and it seems like it switched me a few times during that period between Lyra2v2, hmq1725, Equihash, Blake2s, and Bitcore.  Yet there looks to be almost no earnings gained from any of it.  Is there something we don't understand about how earnings are calculated or something?

mine has been completely flat also, but my total earnings has been increasing.. i think the reporting side of the server is having issues...

Seriously noobies worrying about graphs to much...

balance and earnings are still increasing.. thats all that matters

NemosMiner-v3.8.1.3
crackfoo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2017, 11:56:02 AM

ZCL wallet is in maintanance on bittrex for days, where you sell them crackfoo, I have strong feeling those bastards will delist it after they play enough fees with a closed volume market and we get some dust after that?

it's on ccex and cryptopia.

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
crackfoo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2017, 11:56:31 AM

I know right.

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
Jaerin

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 01:31:05 PM

I know right.

The graph is the only means that we have to determine our earnings.  If the pool gave some clear indication of the earnings we would have more to go on.  A flat graph would indicate that it wasn't going up during that period.  Excuse me for wanting to know what the benefit of me mining on the pool is.  I mean if you don't want us to mine on the pool I'll be happy to go elsewhere.

Not to mention I sent you a PM on the forums asking a simple questions about what to use for Equihash 2 days ago and you haven't bothered to respond.  Seems like you don't really care if people want to mine on your pool or not. 
crackfoo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2017, 01:47:22 PM

I know right.

The graph is the only means that we have to determine our earnings.  If the pool gave some clear indication of the earnings we would have more to go on.  A flat graph would indicate that it wasn't going up during that period.  Excuse me for wanting to know what the benefit of me mining on the pool is.  I mean if you don't want us to mine on the pool I'll be happy to go elsewhere.

Not to mention I sent you a PM on the forums asking a simple questions about what to use for Equihash 2 days ago and you haven't bothered to respond.  Seems like you don't really care if people want to mine on your pool or not.  

I don't hear you complaining about the spike up after a little "flat" spot... and all those numbers above the graphs... are your earnings. I'm not a developer and didn't code the pool or its graphing.

They're weren't simple questions, you're asking me for advice on what to mine and what software to use. I don't do multiaglo or GPU mining so I have no idea, you've better off just posting in the thread.

Mogsington

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 01:59:52 PM

The graph is the only means that we have to determine our earnings.  If the pool gave some clear indication of the earnings we would have more to go on.  A flat graph would indicate that it wasn't going up during that period.  Excuse me for wanting to know what the benefit of me mining on the pool is.  I mean if you don't want us to mine on the pool I'll be happy to go elsewhere.

The graph is a terrible way to figure out your earnings. Yes it's nice to see an upwards slope, but really, just write down your "unpaid" value and note the time. Now wait a few hours / days (the longer the better). Now write down your new "unpaid" and divide it by the hours between the 2 readings.

It's relatively trivial to do this with a python script using the zpool API.

I have no idea why the graphs are messing up, but yes it is annoying. In the past it was because of coins devaluing at the exchange before they can be cashed out. ("unpaid" is an estimate, not a set number), I don't know if that's still the case or not, but it happens on all multi-coin pools sometimes.

Also there are problems that seem to coincide with payout processing. I've seen the stratum connection drop fairly regularly during those times, and it's visible as a drop on my hashrate graph until the pool starts running smoothly again. It doesn't happen often in a day, so the overall effect isn't much, but it's not ideal.

Unfortunately, before you "go elsewhere", there are few good alternatives to zpool. One of the major alternatives uses PROP as a payment system and is obviously being gamed by the pool operator for profit. Another major alternative has stupidly high fees (but well hidden in the small print).
crackfoo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2017, 02:06:17 PM

The graph is the only means that we have to determine our earnings.  If the pool gave some clear indication of the earnings we would have more to go on.  A flat graph would indicate that it wasn't going up during that period.  Excuse me for wanting to know what the benefit of me mining on the pool is.  I mean if you don't want us to mine on the pool I'll be happy to go elsewhere.

Also there are problems that seem to coincide with payout processing. I've seen the stratum connection drop fairly regularly during those times, and it's visible as a drop on my hashrate graph until the pool starts running smoothly again. It doesn't happen often in a day, so the overall effect isn't much, but it's not ideal.

Yeah, a problem I'm not sure can be avoided given the amount of coins active. It's because the wallets are being mined against and during payouts which can tie up the RPC connection, the stratum server requests a new block template from the wallet in the middle of paying out and well, it shits the bed. It's scripted to come back immediately but yes, causes miners a disconnect. I guess moving to a 12h payout schedule has actually reduced that issue considerably.

Jaerin

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 02:16:27 PM

I don't hear you complaining about the spike up after a little "flat" spot... and all those numbers above the graphs... are your earnings. I'm not a developer and didn't code the pool or its graphing.

They're weren't simple questions, you're asking me for advice on what to mine and what software to use. I don't do multiaglo or GPU mining so I have no idea, you've better off just posting in the thread.

I guess I expected too much in thinking that you understood how your pool operated.  Seems like something that the admin would likely want to know since you offer the feature and should likely want to improve the efficiency of your pool to maximize profits for all.  Guess the posts I've seen elsewhere about you not knowing how things work are more true than I hoped.  Which is kind of sad.

The graph is a terrible way to figure out your earnings. Yes it's nice to see an upwards slope, but really, just write down your "unpaid" value and note the time. Now wait a few hours / days (the longer the better). Now write down your new "unpaid" and divide it by the hours between the 2 readings.

It's relatively trivial to do this with a python script using the zpool API.

I have no idea why the graphs are messing up, but yes it is annoying. In the past it was because of coins devaluing at the exchange before they can be cashed out. ("unpaid" is an estimate, not a set number), I don't know if that's still the case or not, but it happens on all multi-coin pools sometimes.

Unfortunately, before you "go elsewhere", there are few good alternatives to zpool. One of the major alternatives uses PROP as a payment system and is obviously being gamed by the pool operator for profit. Another major alternative has stupidly high fees (but well hidden in the small print).

You're right it should be pretty simple to code something in Python, but unfortunately I've lost most of my coding skills over the years to a medical condition and was hoping the pool admin might know the best way to mine on their pool.  If not then a simple I'm not sure the best way to mine would have been a perfectly valid response to my questions, but instead I got silence and a passive aggressive snide response.  I'm not the first person who has questioned these things so to not have any response for it seems like they don't much care.  As for alternatives there is plenty of pure mining pools that don't auto-exchange that I could mine on as well.  As I mentioned in a previous post I was hoping to get some pure BTC instead of depressing markets that I hope will continue to rise.  I'll work on trying to get a python script to monitor the earnings rate over time.

It very well could just be a graph problem, the slope of the payout seems to indicate there is a smoothing operation to it since it is not a straight vertical line for payout even though I'm pretty sure it is a one time operation and not an actual incremental payout over some time.  That in itself might explain why the appearance of lesser earnings immediately after a payout occurs.  If anything I'm trying to assist by asking the questions and bringing up potential problems.  That doesn't seem like a totally unreasonable thing to me.  Taking the attitude of be happy you're earning anything doesn't really encourage people to stick around though.
icolsuineg

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2017, 03:53:34 PM

If not then a simple I'm not sure the best way to mine would have been a perfectly valid response to my questions, but instead I got silence and a passive aggressive snide response.  I'm not the first person who has questioned these things so to not have any response for it seems like they don't much care.  As for alternatives there is plenty of pure mining pools that don't auto-exchange that I could mine on as well.  As I mentioned in a previous post I was hoping to get some pure BTC instead of depressing markets that I hope will continue to rise.  I'll work on trying to get a python script to monitor the earnings rate over time.
People get bored answering a question over and over and every new miner over the forums has to ask something that countless numbers of people already asked before him. It usually leas to answers that might seem offensive to you, but I don't believe they are meant to.

As for the graph - it's a nice thingy, but you should ignore it, and stick to the numbers. There are better looking pools, but we are mining here for the profit and despite all the accusations and so many people trying to imply something else, the pool has top profitability (or people wouldn't stick here, after all).

IMO if you have NVIDIA - you can mine equihash (probably a bit better in terms of power usage, at least on my setups), blake2s or lyra2v2, and ignore all the hopping. The reason I'd not hop around is because people do it, then the pool they left starts to report higher earnings, they hop back, and in some way it disrupts the constant flow, instead the hash power is swinging around and you lose time between miner activations. it's not "per hour", but if you want better overview, you can jump on the front page, click on any algo and see the last hour/24h earnings, yours would be between these, and if you hop instantly, it might be hearly the per hour number when there is profitable currency being mined. I look there from time to time, but I avoid jumping the moment something shows a good hour of lucky mining. Take skein for example, it might look bad at 0.0039 or so, but that's what the pool reports, in reality you might be mining at 0.0048 and you'd be happy doing so. Now if it sticks at 0.003n - you should probably switch over elsewhere.

Of course, everyone has an opinion, so take my advice with a grain of salt. But in any case - ignore the graph and look at your daily earnings AND the leftover in unpaid balance.

♦♦♦ CRYPTUMCOIN ♦♦♦
Miner and trade-centric Equihash-based cryptocurrency
Jaerin

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 04:08:57 PM

People get bored answering a question over and over and every new miner over the forums has to ask something that countless numbers of people already asked before him. It usually leas to answers that might seem offensive to you, but I don't believe they are meant to.

As for the graph - it's a nice thingy, but you should ignore it, and stick to the numbers. There are better looking pools, but we are mining here for the profit and despite all the accusations and so many people trying to imply something else, the pool has top profitability (or people wouldn't stick here, after all).

IMO if you have NVIDIA - you can mine equihash (probably a bit better in terms of power usage, at least on my setups), blake2s or lyra2v2, and ignore all the hopping. The reason I'd not hop around is because people do it, then the pool they left starts to report higher earnings, they hop back, and in some way it disrupts the constant flow, instead the hash power is swinging around and you lose time between miner activations. it's not "per hour", but if you want better overview, you can jump on the front page, click on any algo and see the last hour/24h earnings, yours would be between these, and if you hop instantly, it might be hearly the per hour number when there is profitable currency being mined. I look there from time to time, but I avoid jumping the moment something shows a good hour of lucky mining. Take skein for example, it might look bad at 0.0039 or so, but that's what the pool reports, in reality you might be mining at 0.0048 and you'd be happy doing so. Now if it sticks at 0.003n - you should probably switch over elsewhere.

Of course, everyone has an opinion, so take my advice with a grain of salt. But in any case - ignore the graph and look at your daily earnings AND the leftover in unpaid balance.

I completely understand the attrition of answering the same questions, but silence is rarely a good answer.  FAQ's that you can direct people too will often alleviate that need.  As I said my questions aren't just because I want things to be maximized for me, but also because people are insinuating a potential problem with the pool itself.  I've stuck around because I believe that the pool is likely profitable, but I'm not the type to just sit and let things roll when things look strange.  Things are moving far too quick in the cryptoworld to let some things go unnoticed.  I appreciate your insight and will maybe cut down the number of algos that I'm monitoring.  You're likely right that I'm losing more time in the switching than I realize.  I just wish there was better information readily available to do the comparisons.

I apologize if I seemed like I wanted you to just hand me answers.  Sometimes I feel like it is easier to ask someone in the know that might have the answer immediately available rather than digging through pages and pages of forums posts for an answer that may or may not be there.  The difference is I'm okay if someone tells me that they don't know and I don't judge them for it.  Seems like most people aren't willing to admit when they don't know something these days.  I work in IT support and I'm curious by nature so I'm always trying to find the answers to things I don't know or understand.
zer0k

Activity: 349
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2017, 05:38:20 PM

This forum along with common sense is the FAQ Cheesy

Jaerin

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 06:01:26 PM

This forum along with common sense is the FAQ Cheesy

What common sense did I miss exactly?  Common sense means that most would know the answer without any prior knowledge.  Nothing about crypto is common sense at this point.  Everything is an experiment and the results between two people's experience can vary greatly.  That's why there is more than one way to do things and why people ask questions. 
Jaerin

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 06:45:06 PM

One thing I noticed is that the 3.4b version of EBWF seems to have a hardcoded 2% devfee built in.  I'm guessing that on multialgo that is going to get amplified due to multiple restarts of the miner over time.  It may normally only do X shares out of the miner over time, but restarting likely resets that counter back and causes you to give another 2%.  Depending on how often it is switching that could add up to a significant amount.
Jaerin

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 02:54:14 AM

LOL I still something is strange although this time it was in my favor according to the graph.

Hell if I know what it means.  I'm guessing a price jump in coins that were mined before?
sypher9

Activity: 30

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 04:04:10 AM

I have the exact same graph! How do I mine more of THAT  Grin
Jaerin

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 04:17:40 AM

I'm guessing its because Vertcoin saw a 25% jump on Poloniex.  Mine up that lyra2v2.
DaniRC

Activity: 17

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 04:24:49 AM

Is kraken not supported?
xkreed

Activity: 24

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 08:02:03 AM

Hey men,

maybe we add some gas to lbry mining?
Seems this coin got a pump.

But on zpool there are only about 10 miners, and last block is found 6 days ago...

Regards,
krd.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 259 »
  Print  

Jump to: