Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:18:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 ... 259 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ▂▃▅▆▇⫷[ 🆉🅿🅾🅾🅻.🅲🅰 ]⫸⫷[!10 FLUX PA's!]⫸⫷[ the miners multipool ]⫸ ▇▆▅▃▂  (Read 279139 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Jaerin

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 06:17:55 PM
Last edit: July 10, 2017, 06:34:30 PM by Jaerin

Right that makes sense.  The value of your mBTC is falling relative to the value of MAC.

So the 0.00679 mBTC you earned when the value of MAC was likely at 0.00679/3.492684 = 0.00194 is now only worth 0.00679/0.00270 = 2.5148MAC

You mined the coins when their value was low and now the price has risen so that value is worth less than it was before.

You don't mine specific coins on Zpool you mine the value of an algorithm at a particular point in time and get credit for that value in mBTC.  You then get paid out the coin you select in the c=XXX statement based on the value of that coin relative to mBTC.

If the price of MAC had fallen after you mined them you would be getting more MAC than you originally would have mined up.  This is why multi-algo miners work well on zpool because you mine up the most value at the time that the miner is mining.

Maybe there should be a way to mine coins directly, but at this point there is an internal exchange to mBTC at the time you mine the coin.  I think this is about the only way that you can do it when you can be mining against several coins at once on a given algorithm based pool.

I heard you
Another pools, with same engine like YIIMP (profit/reward in mBTC), working good, problems only with Zpool
Zpool specific - stealing coins
I'll waiting explanation from crackfoo

But if it actually operates like I suggested it might, is it a problem or just a difference in how the pool operates?  Different pools operate different ways, even using the same software.  As I said if the price was high when you mined it and started falling you'd likely be seeing your value rise over time.  Not all the different than playing the market really.  Zpool likely would be better in a falling market whereas Yiimp or others might be better in a rising one.

I agree though that it is difficult to know what the most profitable method for mining is, especially on auto-exchanging pools.  Hopefully Crackfoo can shed some light on it.  Otherwise there are a ton of other pools that you could be mining on.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AK74XXX

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 07:24:32 PM

I agree though that it is difficult to know what the most profitable method for mining is, especially on auto-exchanging pools

It's very  easy to know, just few numbers and formulas. Which fit everywhere except zpool  Undecided

Regarding zpool, I suspect, as I've mentioned already, it mines NOT user-specified coins, but some other suitable for pool. Afterwards there comes massive exchange. 10-25% loss each payout, already calculated. That's why MAC-MAC exchange, that's why payouts are scheduled.

I guess. But almost sure  Wink

And I'd advice everybody to click Total paid number (blue) to get payouts history window. If there're payouts with '...' instead of transaction number,  you are  pissed off, too  Smiley I've got 8 for today including two cleared (!) without refund (!!!). Post #1069
AK74XXX

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 07:48:16 PM

Btw. there're shares eaters living in scrypt pool  Shocked

Check "Last 50 Earnings" section here: http://zpool.ca/?address=FLigKYiRACVutNz5Q1HBxRVrRy93sg8fCX

They grow! A week ago:
https://i.imgur.com/OFm45s5.png

One day they get out of net and eat crackfoo  Grin
Jaerin

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 08:06:43 PM

Btw, d'anybdy know why there's link instead if img in my previous post? [img] tag for sure.

You can't post inline images until I think 30 posts which is Jr member or something like that.
Jaerin

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 08:15:36 PM

I agree though that it is difficult to know what the most profitable method for mining is, especially on auto-exchanging pools

It's very  easy to know, just few numbers and formulas. Which fit everywhere except zpool  Undecided

Regarding zpool, I suspect, as I've mentioned already, it mines NOT user-specified coins, but some other suitable for pool. Afterwards there comes massive exchange. 10-25% loss each payout, already calculated. That's why MAC-MAC exchange, that's why payouts are scheduled.

And I'd advice everybody to click Total paid number (blue) to get payouts history window. If there're payouts with '...' instead of transaction number,  you are  pissed off, too  Smiley I've got 8 for today including two cleared (!) without refund (!!!). Post #1069

As far as I can tell you can't specify specifically what coin you are mining though.  You specify what coin you want to be paid in, but otherwise you are mining the value of the algorithms pool.  You may mine the same coin that you are looking to be paid in, but you are still mining against the value of the algorithms pool as far as I know.  If there is an option to mine a specific coin on a specific algorithm then let me know because I don't see any options for that.

As I said I believe the way it works is that a particular algorithm would pay out X mBTC/MH/day and the time you mine on that credits your account with that much mBTC based on the value at the time you mined it and the length of time you mined it for.  The Earnings you get for each coin type show in the last 50 coins earned, but it is only the mBTC value that matters.  Then your wallet is credited with the mBTC value of the coin you specified in the C=XXX line of your miner and that determines how much you get paid out.

The calculations seemed to line up with what xqicka posted for their Timetravel mining from earlier and the values of the unpaid coins seems to have fluctuated with the change in Machine price based on the mBTC value they mined earlier.  This means if the coin's value you want to be paid out in goes up after you mined it you will be paid out less than you originally mined and if it drops you'll be paid out more of that coin because it is based on the BTC conversion at the time it pays out.
AK74XXX

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 09:00:42 PM

As far as I can tell you can't specify specifically what coin you are mining though.  You specify what coin you want to be paid in, but otherwise you are mining the value of the algorithms pool.  You may mine the same coin that you are looking to be paid in, but you are still mining against the value of the algorithms pool as far as I know.  If there is an option to mine a specific coin on a specific algorithm then let me know because I don't see any options for that.

As I said I believe the way it works is that a particular algorithm would pay out X mBTC/MH/day and the time you mine on that credits your account with that much mBTC based on the value at the time you mined it and the length of time you mined it for.  The Earnings you get for each coin type show in the last 50 coins earned, but it is only the mBTC value that matters.  Then your wallet is credited with the mBTC value of the coin you specified in the C=XXX line of your miner and that determines how much you get paid out.

The calculations seemed to line up with what xqicka posted for their Timetravel mining from earlier and the values of the unpaid coins seems to have fluctuated with the change in Machine price based on the mBTC value they mined earlier.  This means if the coin's value you want to be paid out in goes up after you mined it you will be paid out less than you originally mined and if it drops you'll be paid out more of that coin because it is based on the BTC conversion at the time it pays out.

Ook, u like loosing double transaction (BTC's bites!) + exchange fee? 10-20%? Now I'm testing the pool with 0% fee, immediate payout of confirmed crypto (if u mined it - u get. no exchange, only if u want to) and double hashrate vs zpool's. Scrypt only, it limits, for sure, but: ~110-120% daily net revenue at rented hashpower w/pool's autoswitch (sometimes it sucks), ~130-140% w/manual coin switching (I get real-time almost precise data) vs no breakdown (!!!) at zpool. Yep, I get pain in the ass selling alts twice a day in complicated ways, but this pays, only 1-2% transactions losses maximum (profit sometimes!), including BTC transfer to NH. And I hope my bot in development is ready and operational in 2-3 weeks.
Jaerin

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 09:30:03 PM

Ook, u like loosing double transaction (BTC's bites!) + exchange fee? 10-20%? Now I'm testing the pool with 0% fee, immediate payout of confirmed crypto (if u mined it - u get. no exchange, only if u want to) and double hashrate vs zpool's. Scrypt only, it limits, for sure, but: ~110-120% daily net revenue at rented hashpower w/pool's autoswitch (sometimes it sucks), ~130-140% w/manual coin switching (I get real-time almost precise data) vs no breakdown (!!!) at zpool. Yep, I get pain in the ass selling alts twice a day in complicated ways, but this pays, only 1-2% transactions losses maximum (profit sometimes!), including BTC transfer to NH. And I hope my bot in development is ready and operational in 2-3 weeks.

Right if you want to mine a specific coin then you should mine on a pool that directly pays you that coin.  That makes the most sense because then you don't have any risk of the price fluctuating and losing value in trades.  That's not how Zpool appears to operate.  But that doesn't mean that Zpool is stealing anything.  It would be no different than if you mined on your 0% fee pool and the coins price dropped 20% before you could sell it out.  Except you're paying the transfer fees too and from the exchanges and you have to put in the labor to make sure the trades happen properly.  You get more control, but you have just as much risk in losing or gaining value.

If you don't like Zpool then don't mine on it, but it doesn't make any sense why you come here to complain that the pool should operate the way that you want it to operate.  If you can make more on another pool no one here or anywhere else is stopping you or trying to convince you not to do that.  Fact is if you run a Multi-algo switching miner and want someone to auto-exchange coins to BTC for you then Zpool is the best pool to mine that I've found.

If you want to sell your own coins and mine each coin directly then there are lots of pools out there that will pay you out directly and allow you to exchange them yourself.  You're asking the pool to operate in a way that it wasn't designed to operate.  I admit this information is not clearly spelled out anywhere on the pool site, but once you understand how it operates then it makes sense.  Could you make more somewhere else?  I bet you likely could, but you won't do it with as little effort as Zpool makes it.

Personally I haven't had any issues getting my payouts in either BTC or DGB, but I noticed that when I mined for DGB I could make more just mining it directly on something like Suprnova or theblocksfactory.  It wasn't 20% less and it could actually be potentially more than I could mine DGB directly depending on the values of other coins.  If you are mining a single algorithm and don't want to switch between all the coins that algorithm could potentially mine to maximize profits then again Zpool might be better and certainly would be more convenient than having to exchange all those different coins yourself.
cashen

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 11:06:40 PM

I think something is wrong with the "total earned" number. Its going down.
pindis

Activity: 187

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 11:41:43 PM

hi Crackfoo or anyone else who can answer me this. I tried to go full BitCore mining and got no blocks i think. and then my question is the following. When I see HashTap like this;

HashTap™ (bitcore)   0.00000023 BTC   0.379%   0.00022631   4m ago   Cleared

Does this mean that 0.00022631 was taken from my balance? I'm having a hard time realising what this is. I dont seem to see a significant loss in my balance towards this.
Crackfoo can you please explain this? thanks!
crackfoo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2017, 11:56:33 PM

hi Crackfoo or anyone else who can answer me this. I tried to go full BitCore mining and got no blocks i think. and then my question is the following. When I see HashTap like this;

Does this mean that 0.00022631 was taken from my balance? I'm having a hard time realising what this is. I dont seem to see a significant loss in my balance towards this.

no what makes you think it was taken from your balance??? None of the numbers are negative.

HashTap blocks are your share of the BTC paid by renters which rented hash while you were mining. It's instantly added to your balance.

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
JaredKaragen
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1165

My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2017, 04:08:54 AM

Payouts roll off after 60 days.

This number gets smaller as profitability drops

Link to my batch and script resources here.  

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

Donations: 1Q8HjG8wMa3hgmDFbFHC9cADPLpm1xKHQM
Jaerin

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 04:21:19 AM

I think there is something wrong with the markets....they keep going down.  That pretty much explains it all....
95do

Activity: 208

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 05:15:05 AM

hello when coin prices dump like this is it more profitable per day to mine multiple coins like on zpool offers? So instead of just mining zen I put it on equihash?

Thank you
pindis

Activity: 187

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 06:34:39 AM

no what makes you think it was taken from your balance??? None of the numbers are negative.

HashTap blocks are your share of the BTC paid by renters which rented hash while you were mining. It's instantly added to your balance.
Thanks alot Crack! Smiley I was unsure of how this worked, hence I had to ask.
guytechie

Activity: 677
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 09:24:12 AM

The hashrate for skein is off.  My miners are telling me they are hashing at 781 MH, but on the site I'm only seeing 57 MH.  One has 2x 1080 TI so it is getting 1.91 GH, but the site says 120 MH.

What's going on?

Put something in my tip jar if I made your day. Smiley
BTC:
1MkmBHDjonAFXui6JEx9ZmEemfMtUo9Cmu
cashen

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 11:32:06 AM

Payouts roll off after 60 days.

This number gets smaller as profitability drops

Ah, I thought " *** Payouts 60+ days old are purged." meant anything unpaid after 60 days (due to being too small of a payout) is purged.

So basically the "total Earned" is a 60 day rolling total.

Thanks
cashen

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 11:33:05 AM

I think there is something wrong with the markets....they keep going down.  That pretty much explains it all....

Nope. not that at all.
crackfoo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2017, 11:41:12 AM

I think there is something wrong with the markets....they keep going down.  That pretty much explains it all....

Nope. not that at all.

https://github.com/tpruvot/yiimp/blob/next/web/yaamp/modules/site/results/wallet_results.php#L200

$total_earned = bitcoinvaluetoa($total_unsold + $balance + $total_paid);

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
malbaas

Activity: 2

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 12:01:00 PM

Hi there, Im new to this mining buss, having been using GPU mining on Nicehash which profits slowed quite a bit over the last 3 weeks, so decided to give Zpool a try, to my dismay, mined at around 2kS/s a day for 5 days, only to have a BTC balance of 0.009? Something very wrong or is the dash board borked? If the dashboard is right, then I'm most definitely switching back to Nicehash.

Friend of mine reported the same, mining around 1.5Ks/s for the same period, total earned less than me, he switched back to Nicehash too.

You should have been able to see the earnings in the graphs on your wallet page over time.  Hard to say what you should have earned over that period because the value of each pool fluctuates over time.  I think at least on my 2.5KH/s rig it shows that I would usually mine around .008 per day if I only mined equihash.

According to the weekly value for hashing it has had a 22% fluctuation and has averaged .00388142BTC/kH/day.  That means it could have been paying as much as .0047353BTC/kH/day down to as low .0031815BTC/kH/day.  At least according to my multipoolminer monitoring.

You might want to try multi-algorithm mining otherwise Nicehash will definitely pay a nice flat rate of 80% what you likely could be getting in my experience, but it is absolutely a no brainer to run that.  Although even on Nicehash I wouldn't be mining only Equihash.

Thanks Jaerin
cashen

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 01:56:29 PM

I think there is something wrong with the markets....they keep going down.  That pretty much explains it all....

Nope. not that at all.

https://github.com/tpruvot/yiimp/blob/next/web/yaamp/modules/site/results/wallet_results.php#L200

$total_earned = bitcoinvaluetoa($total_unsold + $balance + $total_paid);

Yes.

I did not understand the 60 day purge. Its like a 60 day rolling total.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 ... 259 »
  Print  

Jump to: