Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 08:52:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: GPU Caps Viewer: No graphics driver detected! [Help Needed]  (Read 410 times)
chupalo (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 02:19:08 PM

Hello,

I've been doing my research lately and am just trying to get mining with equipment that I have lying around.  I have two GTX 460 Nvidia GPUs, one hooked up to Windows 7, the other XP.  I'm able to get the Windows 7 machine to mine using rpcminer via GUIminer with no problems.  But the Windows XP machine is a different story.  I've installed the GPU, installed the driver, I can see "NVidia GeForce GTX 460" listed in Device Manager but GPU Caps Viewer states "No graphics driver detected!" in the GPU section, forget the CUDA, OPENCL sections for now.

I'm aware that Nvidia cards are not ideal for mining but this for learning and understanding this recent Bitcoin craze.  Does anybody have any advice on getting this card set up on my build.  Here are other details that might help:

Windows XP SP3
AMD Anthlon 64 X2
EVGA GeForce GTX 460 (Fermi) - mounted in a PCIE 1.0 x16
Previously GPU installed - EVGA Nvidia GeForce 7600GT

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  I would even consider giving someone my first bitcoin if they help get this running.

Thanks

-C
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: