Bitcoin Forum
October 20, 2017, 06:45:45 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.0.1  [Torrent]. (New!)
 
   Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: SPAM OR FUD GOING ON IN TRC? DEV BREAKS COVER Admits FUD, BTCe involvement?  (Read 2872 times)
Syke
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 2408


View Profile
April 13, 2013, 03:38:18 PM
 #21

Who wastes and asic like that and why...riddle me that?

Someone obviously didn't like TRC very much. Why they didn't like TRC, that could be any number of reasons.

Just the opposite. Someone is accumulating a ton of TRC with a small investment in hashing power.

Buy & Hold
1508525145
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1508525145

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
1508525145
Reply with quote  #2

1508525145
Report to moderator
1508525145
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1508525145

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
1508525145
Reply with quote  #2

1508525145
Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
1508525145
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1508525145

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
1508525145
Reply with quote  #2

1508525145
Report to moderator
mr_random
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Activity: 868



View Profile
April 13, 2013, 03:49:00 PM
 #22

Quote
Just the opposite. Someone is accumulating a ton of TRC with a small investment in hashing power.

Read through this thread and you will see it's more than someone just trying to accumulate lots of TRC: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=167493.20



Quote
He didn't adopt Sunny's PPCoin because then TRC would have nothing unique about it. TRC's difficulty adjustment was the only thing that separated it from Bitcoin, Litecoin and PPCoin.

PPC is way more different that just a re-targeting system




Where do I imply there is no difference between PPC and TRC than just a re-targeting system? If that's what you read it as, that wasn't my intention! I was trying to say the difficulty adjustment is the only 'original' aspect of TRC. Faster transactions are already in Litecoin which is more established. If TRC adopted PPCoin's difficulty adjustment it would have nothing original or 'worthwhile' to it's concept. A bunch of people wouldn't care about this but I suspect the developer did care.

Keep thinking the dev got hacked if you want. I really doubt that is the case, it will be 24 hours soon since his last email. maybe I am wrong time will tell..

            ▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄
        ▄▄█████████████████████▄
      ▄██████████████████████████▄
    ▄█████████████████▀▀▀██████████
   █████████████████       ███████
  ██████▀▀▀████████   ███   ██████   █
 █████       ██████   ███   ██████   ██
 ████   ███   █████   ███   █████   ███
█████   ███   █████   ███    ████   ████
█████   ███   █████   ████   ████   ████
████    ███   ████   █████   ███   █████
████   ████   ████   █████   ███   █████
▀███   ████   ████   ██████       █████
 ███   █████   ███   ████████▄▄▄███████
  █   ██████   ███   █████████████████
      ███████       █████████████████
     ██████████▄▄▄█████████████████▀
     ▀███████████████████████████▀
       ▀▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀



Worldcore
▄▄
██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
▀▀  ██
    ██
    ▄▄
    ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ▀▀
██   
FJBourne
Full Member
***
Offline Offline

Activity: 140



View Profile
April 13, 2013, 03:49:53 PM
 #23

Just rcvd this email:

"Hi,


Rumours are going on atm, about a terracoin shutdown. Terracoin network
is not going to be shutdown, instead we will try to exclusively depend
on community consensus before applying any major modification.

the following email was sent earlier (12h48 PM GMT) as a follow-up to
previous developer email's recipients ; it should explain everything:

> Morning,
>
> let me clarify the situation regarding this email :
>
> developer overreacted after a week of pressure spent trying to
> frequently patch the terracoin difficulty algorithm, in response to
> hashing power spikes seen recently on the network.
>
> Instead of publishing so many mandatory updates over the last 10 days,
> this should have gone through intensive testing ; the project itself
> uses and relies on 3 distinct "branches" for this purpose : not
> releasing poorly-tested code to the masses.
>
> A test phase was launched for this new algorithm, but with no real
> tester joining (I've heard of 3 distinct users joining the test network
> during that test phase), the code should not have gone live that soon.
>
> That being said, the whole terracoin network is indeed quite small right
> now, making it vulnerable to hashing power manipulations. This is
> especially true with the recent exposure to the public through your
> services.
>
> About the supposed forked chain : this was not confirmed yet, as those
> newly elected longest chains naturally comes from the incomplete or
> partially bugged difficulty algorithm.
> In a few hours, the last build should partially takes care of this, but
> a more permanent algorithm fix has to be discussed and implemented in a
> long-term perspective.
>
> Terracoin network core components were put back on line a few minutes
> after the incident and project files were also restored immediately.
>
> Bug Tracker Issues disappeared in the process. That's something we
> should also discuss with the user community : hosting parts of the
> developer tools at different locations, offering a wider set of features.
>
> From now on, project files, repositories, websites and network required
> components are and will stay on line, later developments will occur in
> dedicated branches & test network until community consensus is obtained,
> before any critical update gets released.
>
> Sincerely yours,
> Terracoin team."

BTE- 8UvdysHU3HugiAGSWDn9hTvEbCe1kJmkZ5
mr_random
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Activity: 868



View Profile
April 13, 2013, 03:51:45 PM
 #24

There we go then... Developer over-reacted!

            ▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄
        ▄▄█████████████████████▄
      ▄██████████████████████████▄
    ▄█████████████████▀▀▀██████████
   █████████████████       ███████
  ██████▀▀▀████████   ███   ██████   █
 █████       ██████   ███   ██████   ██
 ████   ███   █████   ███   █████   ███
█████   ███   █████   ███    ████   ████
█████   ███   █████   ████   ████   ████
████    ███   ████   █████   ███   █████
████   ████   ████   █████   ███   █████
▀███   ████   ████   ██████       █████
 ███   █████   ███   ████████▄▄▄███████
  █   ██████   ███   █████████████████
      ███████       █████████████████
     ██████████▄▄▄█████████████████▀
     ▀███████████████████████████▀
       ▀▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀



Worldcore
▄▄
██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
▀▀  ██
    ██
    ▄▄
    ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ▀▀
██   
jubalix
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 1624


View Profile
April 13, 2013, 04:04:42 PM
 #25

Just rcvd this email:

"Hi,


Rumours are going on atm, about a terracoin shutdown. Terracoin network
is not going to be shutdown, instead we will try to exclusively depend
on community consensus before applying any major modification.

the following email was sent earlier (12h48 PM GMT) as a follow-up to
previous developer email's recipients ; it should explain everything:

> Morning,
>
> let me clarify the situation regarding this email :
>
> developer overreacted after a week of pressure spent trying to
> frequently patch the terracoin difficulty algorithm, in response to
> hashing power spikes seen recently on the network.
>
> Instead of publishing so many mandatory updates over the last 10 days,
> this should have gone through intensive testing ; the project itself
> uses and relies on 3 distinct "branches" for this purpose : not
> releasing poorly-tested code to the masses.
>
> A test phase was launched for this new algorithm, but with no real
> tester joining (I've heard of 3 distinct users joining the test network
> during that test phase), the code should not have gone live that soon.
>
> That being said, the whole terracoin network is indeed quite small right
> now, making it vulnerable to hashing power manipulations. This is
> especially true with the recent exposure to the public through your
> services.
>
> About the supposed forked chain : this was not confirmed yet, as those
> newly elected longest chains naturally comes from the incomplete or
> partially bugged difficulty algorithm.
> In a few hours, the last build should partially takes care of this, but
> a more permanent algorithm fix has to be discussed and implemented in a
> long-term perspective.
>
> Terracoin network core components were put back on line a few minutes
> after the incident and project files were also restored immediately.
>
> Bug Tracker Issues disappeared in the process. That's something we
> should also discuss with the user community : hosting parts of the
> developer tools at different locations, offering a wider set of features.
>
> From now on, project files, repositories, websites and network required
> components are and will stay on line, later developments will occur in
> dedicated branches & test network until community consensus is obtained,
> before any critical update gets released.
>
> Sincerely yours,
> Terracoin team."


[1] Why did they contact you FJBourne? whats your connection here solved mailing list

[2] Why so long to release this

[3] Calming the waters are we, after FUD and silence.....getting a bit nervous about market not going up

[4] How is there any pressure to write what amounted to 100 - 200 lines of code over a week for some pretty straight forward algos, divide by 2 or exp soothing and then next patch a crude high low reset should be a couple of hours or 2 days at most for some up on their game

[5] So Dev, is a team, where are they who are they what their goals, white paper?

[6] What about all the people who sold on the basis of DEV's 'overaction' I mean when Dev emails they are pulling the plug, price drops, when BTCe posts with devs overreaction BIG SELL off. So whats the plan DEV are you going to make good for causing this sell off or what. Ie you now admit it was you

[7] What about the repo move and comments delete

[8] What happens next time one of you Devi goes awol....your going to wait 24 hours before you speak up, at least give some notice this was not official...you knew what was going on, and let it happen, not out buying TRC were we???

Overreacting seriously...come on there's a hell of a lot more to it than this.

anyway we seem to be squirleing out information from them through this forum

Admitted Practicing Lawyer::BTC/Crypto Specialist.
B.Engineering/B.Laws
mr_random
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Activity: 868



View Profile
April 13, 2013, 04:25:24 PM
 #26

Good questions Jubalix. Though to fair, for this one:

Quote
[6] What about all the people who sold on the basis of DEV's 'overaction' I mean when Dev emails they pulling the plug, price drops, when BTCe posts with devs overreaction BIG SELL off. So whats the plan DEV are you going to make good for causing this sell off or what. Ie you now admit it was

The price on btc-e.com has barely budged the last 24 hours: http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/period-charts.php?period=today&resolution=hour&pair=trc-btc&market=btc-e

The big sell off occurred prior to the email

            ▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄
        ▄▄█████████████████████▄
      ▄██████████████████████████▄
    ▄█████████████████▀▀▀██████████
   █████████████████       ███████
  ██████▀▀▀████████   ███   ██████   █
 █████       ██████   ███   ██████   ██
 ████   ███   █████   ███   █████   ███
█████   ███   █████   ███    ████   ████
█████   ███   █████   ████   ████   ████
████    ███   ████   █████   ███   █████
████   ████   ████   █████   ███   █████
▀███   ████   ████   ██████       █████
 ███   █████   ███   ████████▄▄▄███████
  █   ██████   ███   █████████████████
      ███████       █████████████████
     ██████████▄▄▄█████████████████▀
     ▀███████████████████████████▀
       ▀▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀



Worldcore
▄▄
██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
▀▀  ██
    ██
    ▄▄
    ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ▀▀
██   
jubalix
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 1624


View Profile
April 13, 2013, 04:28:07 PM
 #27

Good questions Jubalix. Though to fair, for this one:

Quote
[6] What about all the people who sold on the basis of DEV's 'overaction' I mean when Dev emails they pulling the plug, price drops, when BTCe posts with devs overreaction BIG SELL off. So whats the plan DEV are you going to make good for causing this sell off or what. Ie you now admit it was

The price on btc-e.com has barely budged the last 24 hours: http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/period-charts.php?period=today&resolution=hour&pair=trc-btc&market=btc-e

The big sell off occurred prior to the email

yeah and a whole lot more got sold of into a weak market, convenient much, prep the way, thanks to this letter, BTCe announcement, repos being moved, questions being deleted....coins can't be move...exchange may be delisitng rumor of blockchain forks (still not dispelled by the response)

now who would be benefiting here

again cuo bono!!!

but in the face of rational consistent public questioning in this forum, I think they got a bit nervous couldn't hold out in fact i think there have been a few heated arguments in DEV team about whether to publicly respond or not....probally thinking that maybe they would be left with TRC that was not going up and a lot of work in a project to get to this point, and arguments whether they should have waited a bit longer before their developer spat the dummy, oh and the ASIC miner may be waiting for his payment of more than he could of mined legit....

Admitted Practicing Lawyer::BTC/Crypto Specialist.
B.Engineering/B.Laws
MessyCoin
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Activity: 445



View Profile
April 13, 2013, 04:28:25 PM
 #28

I just noticed, that "overreacted" statement is also posted at http://terracoin.org/news/

Also, not sure what is going on with mining.. noticed I am mining a lot of blocks with a small amount of hashing power, ran getmininginfo and saw my difficulty is extremely low, different to that reported at http://dustcoin.com/mining  Huh  Not quite sure what to do and I am downloading blockchain again.

MessyCoin
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Activity: 445



View Profile
April 13, 2013, 04:42:35 PM
 #29

After downloading block chain again I get:

Code:
blocks: 104384
difficulty: 887.01792416

Not sure if that indicates a problem?

SalvorHardin
Member
**
Offline Offline

Activity: 73


View Profile
April 13, 2013, 04:55:33 PM
 #30

After downloading block chain again I get:

Code:
blocks: 104384
difficulty: 887.01792416

Not sure if that indicates a problem?

Are you using the latest client?  Because I thought the current difficulty is at 5255 and block number 104364.  Perhaps you are on one of the forked chain?
MessyCoin
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Activity: 445



View Profile
April 13, 2013, 04:57:29 PM
 #31

Yep, my client is about 24 hours old, therefore not the latest. Probably is the reason for my issue so going to pull from git and recompile. Thanks!

MaGNeT
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 1204


Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na


View Profile WWW
April 13, 2013, 06:10:24 PM
 #32

Yep, my client is about 24 hours old, therefore not the latest. Probably is the reason for my issue so going to pull from git and recompile. Thanks!

Terracoin changes clients more often as I change my socks. And I change my socks every day...

Unofficial Waves topic: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2142722   |   My Waves address alias = magnet
FJBourne
Full Member
***
Offline Offline

Activity: 140



View Profile
April 13, 2013, 06:25:40 PM
 #33

jubalix, I don't have any connection. That was sent out to everyone on the TRC mailing list

BTE- 8UvdysHU3HugiAGSWDn9hTvEbCe1kJmkZ5
dreamwatcher
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 1064


View Profile WWW
April 13, 2013, 06:26:32 PM
 #34

This is the correct chain.

Code:
104397 2013-04-13 18:11:16 7 3107.38278544 14152.996 2087990 29.9436 169.375 65.1086%
104396 2013-04-13 17:57:37 1 20 12265.903 2087970 29.9375 169.365 65.1122%
104395 2013-04-13 17:55:54 3 61.55985245 10732.642 2087950 29.9366 169.364 65.1131%
104394 2013-04-13 17:51:45 1 20 8049.476 2087930 29.934 169.361 65.1153%
104393 2013-04-13 17:51:08 1 20 6439.578 2087910 29.9338 169.361 65.1156%
104392 2013-04-13 17:50:56 2 21.02782197 5580.967 2087890 29.934 169.361 65.1157%
104391 2013-04-13 17:50:43 1 20 5255.409 2087870 29.9342 169.361 65.1158%
104390 2013-04-13 17:50:11 3 5670.08003527 5299.203 2087850 29.9341 169.36 65.1161%
104389 2013-04-13 17:47:46 1 20 5255.042 2087830 29.9428 169.359 65.1055%
104388 2013-04-13 17:47:31 1 20 5255.042 2087810 29.9429 169.358 65.1057%
104387 2013-04-13 17:47:05 1 20 5255.042 2087790 29.9429 169.358 65.1059%
104386 2013-04-13 17:43:16 1 20 5255.042 2087770 29.9406 169.355 65.1079%
104385 2013-04-13 17:43:10 1 20 5255.042 2087750 29.9408 169.355 65.108%
104384 2013-04-13 17:42:44 1 20 5255.042 2087730 29.9408 169.355 65.1082%
104383 2013-04-13 17:41:38 1 20 5255.042 2087710 29.9403 169.354 65.1088%
104382 2013-04-13 17:33:44 1 20 5255.042 2087690 29.9351 169.349 65.1129%
104381 2013-04-13 17:32:03 4 209.02287474 5344.112 2087670 29.9342 169.348 65.1138%
104380 2013-04-13 17:26:47 1 20 5255.042 2087650 29.9311 169.344 65.1163%
104379 2013-04-13 17:26:42 1 20 5255.042 2087630 29.9313 169.344 65.1164%
104378 2013-04-13 17:23:41 1 20 5255.042 2087610 29.9295 169.342 65.118%

If in doubt you can always go to http://cryptocoinexplorer.com:3750/chain/Terracoin

In situations like this i am constantly monitoring the explorer against a few different client/daemons over a couple of other servers.

You can even use the site as node by adding:

Code:
addnode=84.200.84.74

To your terracoin.conf file. This tells your client/daemon to always try and connect to the CCE node, but still look for other nodes.

I normally have 50-100 connections connected to the node, so it is a good node to connect to.
ZephramC
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Activity: 475



View Profile
April 13, 2013, 10:06:58 PM
 #35

I still do not understand if there will be any way to get my coins out of terrawallet? If terrawallet generated TRC address for me to deposit then it also had to generate corresponding private key for this address. Can I have this private key?
MessyCoin
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Activity: 445



View Profile
April 13, 2013, 11:53:52 PM
 #36


If in doubt you can always go to http://cryptocoinexplorer.com:3750/chain/Terracoin

In situations like this i am constantly monitoring the explorer against a few different client/daemons over a couple of other servers.

You can even use the site as node by adding:

Code:
addnode=84.200.84.74

To your terracoin.conf file. This tells your client/daemon to always try and connect to the CCE node, but still look for other nodes.

I normally have 50-100 connections connected to the node, so it is a good node to connect to.

Thanks for the info. But I'd be interested to understand: what assurance is there that CCE will always be on the "correct" chain? ty

dreamwatcher
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 1064


View Profile WWW
April 14, 2013, 12:48:40 AM
 #37


If in doubt you can always go to http://cryptocoinexplorer.com:3750/chain/Terracoin

In situations like this i am constantly monitoring the explorer against a few different client/daemons over a couple of other servers.

You can even use the site as node by adding:

Code:
addnode=84.200.84.74

To your terracoin.conf file. This tells your client/daemon to always try and connect to the CCE node, but still look for other nodes.

I normally have 50-100 connections connected to the node, so it is a good node to connect to.

Thanks for the info. But I'd be interested to understand: what assurance is there that CCE will always be on the "correct" chain? ty

Short Answer:

Because I run the site... Cheesy

Longer answer:

CCE is a high profile site for the coins that I have explorers published.

Because of the number of connected nodes, one can always find other nodes through the CCE node. All the nodes are only one hop away from each other through the CCE node, allowing any information to propagate faster.

There can be periods when nodes can be hard to find during times of low activity. A client/daemon should always be able to find peers at CCE.

And the Big ONE:... Wink

Review-ability, anybody and everybody can see exactly what the CCE node is reporting by simply looking at the explorer. The explorer takes its information directly out of the CCE nodes' database, sorts and stores it in its own database.

The likelihood of a bad blocks/chains making it very far is highly unlikely with all those eyes looking at the information.


spacegoat
Member
**
Offline Offline

Activity: 98


We are connected. you are me I am you.


View Profile
April 14, 2013, 01:14:55 AM
 #38

The evidence would seem to suggest

DEV IS EITHER

HACKED,
INTERNAL FIGHT AND HACKED,
FUD TO BUY CHEAP
OR ATTACKING HIS OWN CHAIN with Asics

but something here is unexplainable, he is not doing it by him / them selves, I mean the BTCe anouncment here....and no follow up from BTCe....it BTCe hacked or someone in on it too?




Ok....this is time lag, I got your coins just then as I have only logged back in and you were not logged in when I was logged in so it was frustration from Both ends


I confirm Publically that you have refunded the entire amount to me through BTCE-code.

thank you

Quote
however I was telling the truth about my balance and I know people can claim photoshop but here are the links to the screen shot I took

I believe you as well.

Quote
I may be wrong but forking the block chain nor a 51% reveales private keys so how does a person get TRC out of and address provided by a terrawallet

You are right about only part of this. You are right that it does not reveal private keys. However the terrawallet is only one TRC dameon, meaning the wallet software can send from any address. Balances are not organised by private key, they are organised by a database. However there is only one way communication between the TRC daemon and the wallet software- when you receive 100 coins it credits the database under your name with 100 coins. If those coins were received while being on a fork, and then it is updated and those 100 coins disappear (because they were sent durring the fork, which the new chain does not recognise) - the wallet software does not acknowledge this. It only knows 100 coins came in and keeps your balance at 100 coins. Then on the new chain, you withdraw 100 coins, and the wallet software withdraws it from the wallet- but it takes the coins from all the address or any address at random on the wallet. So now the whole wallet is short 100 coins, because your balance says one thing, but the blockchain say something different. And this is why I'm screwed and why a fork screws everyone up so badly.

Look at your client- you can generate multiple addresses in your client to receive funds on- you can use this to track where you receive coins from. However when you SEND coins- your client takes the coins from ANY ADDRESS in your wallet. This is why you can not play Satoshi dice with Instwallet or Vircurex or BTC-E. You will send them 1 BTC from your 'wallet' but really BTC, Instawallet or Vircurex will send the coin from any address they control. So when satoshi dice returns your winnings they will return it to the address that they received from- and it probably will not be your address.  

EDIT: The terrawallet has a special code for TRC dice which means you can play the dice games. It basically works by sending two payments, one telling the dice game where to specially send the winnings, and not just to the sending address.

Quote
I am at a loss to how anyone could move any amount from an Address I sent it to without a private key, my understanding this is the whole strenght of BTC/TRC sha.

No one can- but this applies only if you OWN your address and your private key. With the terrawallet, or other instawallets, you don't own your address or your private key. The wallet does, and it sends coins as it wishes. If you owned your private key, I could never charge fees for transactions (for example) because how would I force you to pay me without your private key? Instead when you use the terrawallet, and you say "I want to send 100 TRC" really what happens is the wallet sends 99TRC from some address or group of addresses, and keeps 1trc for itself.
 
Quote
Whaterever DEV did is really dodgey....relaesing that email then deleting his comments then the FUD to BTCe....then making another patch, and moving the repos to sorta make it look legit

I agree.

Quote
Huge wall buys on Vircurex and Btce even though this is clearly out there....

Actually no, I don't think this is clearly out there. There are thousands of people on BTC-E trading, but it's obvious there are not thousands of people on this thread because otherwise this thread would look like the troll box. People at BTC-E are just seeing the charts and thinking "oh it's getting really cheap!" they have no idea whats happening because they don't bother to research what they are even investing into. They just think they are getting a good deal when really they are getting screwed.

Quote
Something is going on...and you may be being manipulated, but not realize it....am I wrong to say you sorta did make announcement on a defacto basis for DEV/TRC and he traded on your Credability?Huh

I could be being manipulated, but I doubt it. One look at the blockchain tells you a major problem is going on. Three (or four) mandatory updates in a row? I was big into TRC because of the security it was supposed to have because of it's closeness to BTC. Obviously the security weakness is perhaps the dev, rather then the code.

I did not make any announcement as far as I am aware of. My conversation about TRC on the forum recently is basically just responding to you or complaining about the current TRC situation.

Quote
You have come through for me and honoured your word that I confirm without reservation.

Thank you


Thank you. I hope my credibility hasn't taken too much of a hit. I'm still here and open sourcing the wallet will be a great contribution to the community building on earlier work. I don't think all is lost (although maybe TRC is a lost cause).


If I may mention one last thing, I don't know the dev, nor the source of his emails. I also don't know why he would have sent this email, or if some sort of SPAM, FUD is going on. I think you or someone else mentioned that perhaps his account has been hacked. I do not know this to be true, but I also do not know this to be false.

EDIT: I just checked github and indeed all the issues have been deleted. I am now putting the bottom paragraph in bold.

Open source software is so important because it's open source and everyone can check the code to be sure that it is clean. However there have been a lot of mandatory updates recently in quite succession, and I don't know if anyone has taken the time to really look over the code very carefully. I would like to point out IF and ONLY IF his account at github was truly hacked as i think you (or someone else) suggests in this thread. Then I would suggest people look VERY CAREFULLY at the new mandatory updates before installing them on their systems. The number one sticky post at the top of the alt-currency thread is from Gavin telling us to "be safe" about installing other clients. Open source means nothing if no one is bothering to check (or doesn't have time to check) the code to be sure there is no malware inside.


I'll tell you one thing that happpened.  when I started realizing how F@#ked TRC was I just said, check out these threads and look at this TRC is going haywire, and being way over mined yada yada.  right away the guys at btc-e banned me for 7 days.  for nothing but pointing out how TRC is being way over mined.  so... that led me to suspect there is some kind of conspiracy going on within btc-e.  because i had no reason to get banned....  no capital letters etc.  just throwing that out there

yeah baby yeah
jubalix
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 1624


View Profile
April 14, 2013, 05:12:07 AM
 #39

BTCe has a hand in this.....




The evidence would seem to suggest

DEV IS EITHER

HACKED,
INTERNAL FIGHT AND HACKED,
FUD TO BUY CHEAP
OR ATTACKING HIS OWN CHAIN with Asics

but something here is unexplainable, he is not doing it by him / them selves, I mean the BTCe anouncment here....and no follow up from BTCe....it BTCe hacked or someone in on it too?




Ok....this is time lag, I got your coins just then as I have only logged back in and you were not logged in when I was logged in so it was frustration from Both ends


I confirm Publically that you have refunded the entire amount to me through BTCE-code.

thank you

Quote
however I was telling the truth about my balance and I know people can claim photoshop but here are the links to the screen shot I took

I believe you as well.

Quote
I may be wrong but forking the block chain nor a 51% reveales private keys so how does a person get TRC out of and address provided by a terrawallet

You are right about only part of this. You are right that it does not reveal private keys. However the terrawallet is only one TRC dameon, meaning the wallet software can send from any address. Balances are not organised by private key, they are organised by a database. However there is only one way communication between the TRC daemon and the wallet software- when you receive 100 coins it credits the database under your name with 100 coins. If those coins were received while being on a fork, and then it is updated and those 100 coins disappear (because they were sent durring the fork, which the new chain does not recognise) - the wallet software does not acknowledge this. It only knows 100 coins came in and keeps your balance at 100 coins. Then on the new chain, you withdraw 100 coins, and the wallet software withdraws it from the wallet- but it takes the coins from all the address or any address at random on the wallet. So now the whole wallet is short 100 coins, because your balance says one thing, but the blockchain say something different. And this is why I'm screwed and why a fork screws everyone up so badly.

Look at your client- you can generate multiple addresses in your client to receive funds on- you can use this to track where you receive coins from. However when you SEND coins- your client takes the coins from ANY ADDRESS in your wallet. This is why you can not play Satoshi dice with Instwallet or Vircurex or BTC-E. You will send them 1 BTC from your 'wallet' but really BTC, Instawallet or Vircurex will send the coin from any address they control. So when satoshi dice returns your winnings they will return it to the address that they received from- and it probably will not be your address.  

EDIT: The terrawallet has a special code for TRC dice which means you can play the dice games. It basically works by sending two payments, one telling the dice game where to specially send the winnings, and not just to the sending address.

Quote
I am at a loss to how anyone could move any amount from an Address I sent it to without a private key, my understanding this is the whole strenght of BTC/TRC sha.

No one can- but this applies only if you OWN your address and your private key. With the terrawallet, or other instawallets, you don't own your address or your private key. The wallet does, and it sends coins as it wishes. If you owned your private key, I could never charge fees for transactions (for example) because how would I force you to pay me without your private key? Instead when you use the terrawallet, and you say "I want to send 100 TRC" really what happens is the wallet sends 99TRC from some address or group of addresses, and keeps 1trc for itself.
 
Quote
Whaterever DEV did is really dodgey....relaesing that email then deleting his comments then the FUD to BTCe....then making another patch, and moving the repos to sorta make it look legit

I agree.

Quote
Huge wall buys on Vircurex and Btce even though this is clearly out there....

Actually no, I don't think this is clearly out there. There are thousands of people on BTC-E trading, but it's obvious there are not thousands of people on this thread because otherwise this thread would look like the troll box. People at BTC-E are just seeing the charts and thinking "oh it's getting really cheap!" they have no idea whats happening because they don't bother to research what they are even investing into. They just think they are getting a good deal when really they are getting screwed.

Quote
Something is going on...and you may be being manipulated, but not realize it....am I wrong to say you sorta did make announcement on a defacto basis for DEV/TRC and he traded on your Credability?Huh

I could be being manipulated, but I doubt it. One look at the blockchain tells you a major problem is going on. Three (or four) mandatory updates in a row? I was big into TRC because of the security it was supposed to have because of it's closeness to BTC. Obviously the security weakness is perhaps the dev, rather then the code.

I did not make any announcement as far as I am aware of. My conversation about TRC on the forum recently is basically just responding to you or complaining about the current TRC situation.

Quote
You have come through for me and honoured your word that I confirm without reservation.

Thank you


Thank you. I hope my credibility hasn't taken too much of a hit. I'm still here and open sourcing the wallet will be a great contribution to the community building on earlier work. I don't think all is lost (although maybe TRC is a lost cause).


If I may mention one last thing, I don't know the dev, nor the source of his emails. I also don't know why he would have sent this email, or if some sort of SPAM, FUD is going on. I think you or someone else mentioned that perhaps his account has been hacked. I do not know this to be true, but I also do not know this to be false.

EDIT: I just checked github and indeed all the issues have been deleted. I am now putting the bottom paragraph in bold.

Open source software is so important because it's open source and everyone can check the code to be sure that it is clean. However there have been a lot of mandatory updates recently in quite succession, and I don't know if anyone has taken the time to really look over the code very carefully. I would like to point out IF and ONLY IF his account at github was truly hacked as i think you (or someone else) suggests in this thread. Then I would suggest people look VERY CAREFULLY at the new mandatory updates before installing them on their systems. The number one sticky post at the top of the alt-currency thread is from Gavin telling us to "be safe" about installing other clients. Open source means nothing if no one is bothering to check (or doesn't have time to check) the code to be sure there is no malware inside.


I'll tell you one thing that happpened.  when I started realizing how F@#ked TRC was I just said, check out these threads and look at this TRC is going haywire, and being way over mined yada yada.  right away the guys at btc-e banned me for 7 days.  for nothing but pointing out how TRC is being way over mined.  so... that led me to suspect there is some kind of conspiracy going on within btc-e.  because i had no reason to get banned....  no capital letters etc.  just throwing that out there

Admitted Practicing Lawyer::BTC/Crypto Specialist.
B.Engineering/B.Laws
spacegoat
Member
**
Offline Offline

Activity: 98


We are connected. you are me I am you.


View Profile
April 14, 2013, 11:52:07 AM
 #40

http://www.reddit.com/r/Terracoin/comments/1c9r2h/banned_from_btce_for_mentioning_terracoin_problem/

yep.  I just found this.  I'm not the only one to get banned for explaining how TRC is fucked on BTC.  I was banned for 7 days. 

I didn't swear or use capital letters or spam anything, just deliver pertinent information.


yeah baby yeah
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.
Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!