Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:42:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: iamnotback what do you think of Iconomi?  (Read 416 times)
thejaytiesto (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
January 15, 2017, 07:35:43 PM

You seem to get a good grasp on all alts so I want to ask and know your opinion.

1) Iconomi as a long term investment: Seems interesting, looks like they try to create some sort of nadsaq of cryptos or something. The question is: can you trust a token that depends on ETH long term? ETH seems very unstable to me.
Let's say you have an ICN position, and another hard fork incident happens... your ICN position would suffer too? ultimately its an ETH token so..
Also im not sure if I fully understand how many subtokens does ICN have. They talk about various investment methods they will use, and im not sure yet if its only ICN that you hold, or they will have various tokens... I hope not because the more tokens more stress.

2) Iconomi as a short term investment: Can this give us good BTC gains? It at least looks like has a decent supply of limited coins, the ICO has not been a massive scam, compared to the other post ICO graphs, it has not stagnated, it has had stability and some sustainable growth. We all want to get rich here, and this is looking like a good pick at least short term, not sure if I can trust this thing long term tho. I've heard some complains on the subreddit... not sure if there something shady about this, so I stay skeptic.

Share any ICN information you might have. In principle this looks like a decent gamble to me. I mean what the hell else is out there? Trumpcoin? give me a break.
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 06:39:45 PM

I've been also looking at this coin to get a position in. This one, Monero and Maidsafe, and maybe even Waves just hoping it eventually gets a big pump if it gets added in Poloniex...

but to be frank, can't find a single alt that doesn't give me nightmares when I hold them for more than a day. But if you want to get rich, you need to take risks, and I guess dropping 1 BTC in ICN or something isn't something completely insane if you are hoping to at least double your money. I think it can pump up to 100k, but yeah the project is a bit dodgy. Where the fuck are the developers at? some people starting to think they took the ICO money and ran.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: